Stability/Stealth need more hard-counters

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MrHaze.3690

MrHaze.3690

So I’ll bring this up again – What if CC broke stealth?

That way if a thief/mesmer waltzed into a reaper’s mark, or failed to dodge an earthshaker or a pull or a knockdown or don’t slot stun breakers they’re as wide open as anyone else is.

Would also make that one trait rangers have a bit more interesting.

Godhead Priest Endexa
Necromancer
Anvil’s Last Stand [ALS]

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

So I’ll bring this up again – What if CC broke stealth?

That way if a thief/mesmer waltzed into a reaper’s mark, or failed to dodge an earthshaker or a pull or a knockdown or don’t slot stun breakers they’re as wide open as anyone else is.

Would also make that one trait rangers have a bit more interesting.

I think that would make stealth too weak.

Would i think should be that once stealth you should not be able to use any ability or you will break stealth a lot like the mesmer touch stealth skill.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

Or any counter, because at this point the only thing we can do is aoe blindly and hope it hits, that is silly. In other games any damage inflicted to the stealth player is instantly removed, unlike in GW2 culling shows it’s ugly mush and they stay invisible regardless. But thieves rely so heavily on stealth anything done to it could really hurt, in this regardless nothing will happen to it, oh well.

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I would like to drop this in, watch it from 2:50 onwards.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWm8dTrEyWM

“unlike other games stealth is not unlimited”
“its not unlimited it should be used with careful forethought”

The current stealth in game acts nothing like intended, something definitely has to be changed.

(Also thanks to the person who found this video for me again)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I don’t know what to do to balance stealth. Perhaps the culling fix will help. Stability is not broken. Stability is short enough in duration as it is. If you rely on knocks, etc., save them for when stability runs out.