Stability change should be PvP ONLY

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

We get it… esports is your baby, PvE be kitten ed… but how about we try NOT destroying PvE instead since that is why most of your players play the game…

This change will wreck PvE in multiple ways. Unless you plan on completely overhauling PvE from the ground upm this change makes no sense.

Most enemies stun multiple times in short durations, or have a very short CD on their stun attacks. They were designed around the previous version of stability, it makes no sense to have it this new way

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

There is a reason we can dodge in the game.

Also keep in mind that there are multiple enemy mobs that have access to stability (and I would assume we will see more of them) and as such this change makes it easier to deal with the mobs as well.

We also have a grand total of no information how many stacks of stability each skill will give and so on.

It is a bit early to decide if it will be good or not in PvE.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

Heaven forbid they make people actually have to fight.

If anything pve needs a stability nerf more than pvp does.

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

There is a reason we can dodge in the game.

Also keep in mind that there are multiple enemy mobs that have access to stability (and I would assume we will see more of them) and as such this change makes it easier to deal with the mobs as well.

We also have a grand total of no information how many stacks of stability each skill will give and so on.

It is a bit early to decide if it will be good or not in PvE.

There is a good chance when they implement the change mobs will get a different version of stability (either the original one or someother non-removable one). That and this change may be essential for “chanlleging” group content.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Off hand pistol on thieves will be insane now.

Sorry for my english.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I don’t remember even one occasion where i have thought that mobs having stability was a problem – 99% of them don’t have it, it doesn’t matter on most of the rest, and those on whose it would matter have Defiance. I do however remember many cases where i got told that the cc spam from mobs is okay, because i should have been using stability.
So, if stab is getting nerfed, i fully expect anet to seriously nerf cc from mobs in PvE as well. Which is the exact opposite of what they are lately doing.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Guardian’s hallowed ground would like to say hi.

It pulses stab every second like smoke screen does blind.
It is pretty much the PvE staple for the (limited number of) fights that need it. At least in dungeons. Open world a stun breaker is usually enough – though the teragryphs can be a pain, especially in larger numbers.

I can only think of a handful of foes I would need stab to be anything more than a pre-emptive stun breaker for the entire team anyway.

Other than that – boo-hoo you need to think about changing utilities occasionally.

WvW – now that is gonna be interesting. Back to being a ping-pong ball for many.
SPvP – CC just got a HUGE buff.

Seems like a balance nightmare to me. I’m sure anet knows what they’re.. err never mind.

PS, expecting thread merge

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

I think the change will be great for wvw and pve too. Stability was way to powerfull making all cc useless in organized zergs where people have 2 guards per party rotating stab.

For pve it will make some content a bit more chalenging deppending on how many stacks of stab the skills will give us.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I dont think the change was because of spvp. I think it is actually more because of WvW…

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

whats the change?

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I dont think the change was because of spvp. I think it is actually more because of WvW…

And PvE.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Where do you need stab in pve other then maybe some exploitation tricks?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Widebody.5071

Widebody.5071

I agree… Sounds like someone’s upset because they could not stop a melle from running into a structure under siege.
Also this is the only game I know of where pve is used to nurf other classes, screwed up the warriors adrenaline, might and now going after stab. all in the name of pve balance. A game mode that’s so called “much to boring to play” but just right to adjust and tinker with every 4 months at the advice and complaints of people who don’t care for it.

If they can’t get open world pvp let’s change pve to make our jobs easier in wvw where the only way to go is with the gank fest.

(edited by Widebody.5071)

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

whats the change?

stability is gonna work like blind now basically. Once you get cc like a knockback the stability is over. Its gonna stack however… so lets say you got 3 stacks of stability you will be able to resist 3 knockbacks, fear or whatever else.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Love it. Please keep it in PvE. This will be awesome with StabilityTraining on my pets.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Widebody.5071

Widebody.5071

pve is already boring as hell.. so your saying it should stay like that so you pop stability and endure pain or whatever and click 11111111111111111111111

i think this is a good change even in pve so you play smarter

A giveaway to wanting a warrior stab. nerf. Mad because some warrior was able to get into a structure and help out with defending it.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I think they will probably alter skills to grant stacks of stability based on the duration of stability offered before. As long as that is carefully balanced, it should be OK I guess.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Windsagio.1340

Really the opposite. They’re fixing their boon system for a glaring imbalance that effects all game modes.

Stability is breaking pve more than its’ breaking any other game mode because it trivializes so many encounters. Yeah, we’re going to have to learn to actually do some of these fights over again, but it’s a huge step towards the mode actually taking skill.

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

This change will wreck PvE in multiple ways. Unless you plan on completely overhauling PvE from the ground upm this change makes no sense.

Most enemies stun multiple times in short durations, or have a very short CD on their stun attacks. They were designed around the previous version of stability, it makes no sense to have it this new way

+1

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

wait whats this about a stability change? is its duration being cut or something?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

whats the change?

stability is gonna work like blind now basically. Once you get cc like a knockback the stability is over. Its gonna stack however… so lets say you got 3 stacks of stability you will be able to resist 3 knockbacks, fear or whatever else.

yeah so nothing changes for necromancer. only i’m twice as kitten’d now. that is really going to make it so anything with an interrupt is going to have that much more advantage over a necromancer. and unless foot in the grave gives a very large amount of stacks, the trait is now pointless.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

This will be hell in WvW, I often find myself trying to get in a tower that’s being attacked by 10, 20 even 30.

If it’s hard enough already, with the change in stability forget about even trying.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I’m more concerned about the effects this will have on WvW than PvE.

Posted by: Moo.3408

Moo.3408

We get it… esports is your baby, PvE be kitten ed… but how about we try NOT destroying PvE instead since that is why most of your players play the game…

Scared of all zerker being destroyed? PRAYERS COME TRUE!!!!!!!! If it’s true(likely)

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

LOL this thread is hilarious, people hating on skipping and such.

to the OP, yes this change if it does affect pve would be affect the ability to run past mobs in arah, especially p2. It’s kind of stupid honestly if it is implemented because those mobs stun like there’s no tomorrow. But it’s not too difficulty to get past with some stealth (even just consumables) a change in one or two utilities and using the right weapon. I rarely skip those mobs using stability just because im too lazy to change utilities

Windsagio.1340

It’s going to totally change how most people do one of the molten fractals as well.

CC is an important part of encounter difficulty, and the ability to essentially, passively, ignore it for large amounts of time led to some pretty lame tactics.

The problem isn’t skipping though, you can do the runs in most dungeons with nothing, and there’s still always stealth and invis.

Moo.3408

+1

It’s extremely clear: now comes diversity in pve builds. You will now need a taunt/stability tank. YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY, and a healer to back that up, causing condis and condi remove.

Windsagio.1340

+1

It’s extremely clear: now comes diversity in pve builds. You will now need a taunt/stability tank. YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY, and a healer to back that up, causing condis and condi remove.

Because there’s diversity in pve builds now?

Moo.3408

+1

Because there’s diversity in pve builds now?

Oops, miscommunication. There is none now, there will be.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

What would you ever need Taunt for in PvE that couldn’t be done better with Deep Freeze?

Moo.3408

What would you ever need Taunt for in PvE that couldn’t be done better with Deep Freeze?

Taunt is a status effect, while deep freeze gets counted as cc, and you can’t do that multiple times

Xiahou Mao.9701

You can’t do Taunt multiple times, either, against champion tier enemies.

Do you know what else is a ‘status effect’? Daze. Stun. They have icons that show up that aren’t conditions.

Defiant is going to work as it normally does against Taunt. Though from the looks of the expansion previews, Defiant itself is going to be seeing some changes…

Moo.3408

You can’t do Taunt multiple times, either, against champion tier enemies.

Do you know what else is a ‘status effect’? Daze. Stun. They have icons that show up that aren’t conditions.

Defiant is going to work as it normally does against Taunt. Though from the looks of the expansion previews, Defiant itself is going to be seeing some changes…

Point taken, but you still have more taunt skills than deep freezes

Xiahou Mao.9701

That depends on what the final energy regeneration for Revenant looks like. I can guarantee the regen isn’t going to be as fast as what we’ve seen in that stream when the game is in our hands.

You do also underestimate how much Deep Freeze people can have. It’s a 30 second cooldown, but there are two Ice Bows created when it’s activated. With enough stripping of Defiance (hello, Headshot thief) Deep Freezes can be landed at 15 second intervals using two Ice Bows, keeping the boss monster stunlocked for a third of the time.

That’s not ideal, because it means people are holding onto their Ice Bows after the Deep Freeze rather than doing better DPS (besides Ice Bow 4), so it’s probably more realistic to say it’s two Deep Freezes per 60 seconds instead, which is still a sixth of the time that the enemy is locked down. That’s still preferable to Taunt, as Taunt… does not lock the enemy down. A Taunted enemy is still attacking, and possibly with powerful attacks. What’s Subject Alpha’s auto-attack?

Moo.3408

That’s why jalis gets taunt, he is a tank. And about powerful auto attacks, that’s the introduction to the need of a healer.

Xiahou Mao.9701

There’s no need for a healer. Rather than taunting and needing to deal with the auto-attacks, you just stun and don’t need to deal with any attacks. You know.. what people are doing right now.

Deep Freeze might be the best stun, but there’s no harm in organized groups continuing to use whatever stun they have available to stop big attacks.

Moo.3408

My guess is that taunt is going to be worth less than a stun or daze, but that would be how I would balance, or make it to have +100% duration on NPCs

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Would be funny if they nerf deep freeze when they add taunt to the game =)

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

(edited by xDudisx.5914)

Sagat.3285

Changes to defiance or PvE in general came out?? Don’t take the speculations too seriously but we can expect challenge and a shake to all modes.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Moo.3408

Deep? I have to fill up space right here

Xiahou Mao.9701

Changes to defiance or PvE in general came out??

We have absolutely no official word on changes to Defiance, but in the HoT streams they’ve done so far, the champion-level enemies have a different looking status bar, with a blue bar of varying length running along the bottom of it. It’s not something many people made note of, but in the last stream Jon talked about not wanting to target the Legendary Wyvern while fighting it because there were things that they shouldn’t be showing.

It could be Defiant being reworked into some kind of ‘diminishing returns’ stun system for champion enemies. Or it could be something completely different and unrelated to that at all. We don’t know yet, but isn’t that the fun of speculation?

Deep? I have to fill up space right here

I presume he means Deep Freeze.

Sagat.3285

It’s seems most of the forums are scared of what may make pve challenging(not more) or change current meta. As long as it promotes skillful,team and diverse playstyle it should be accepted. Conditions can’t even stand on the sidelines, after all this time and those threads I hope they have significant use.

The Dhuumfire thread

Moo.3408

It’s seems most of the forums are scared of what may make pve challenging(not more) or change current meta. As long as it promotes skillful,team and diverse playstyle it should be accepted. Conditions can’t even stand on the sidelines, after all this time and those threads I hope they have significant use.

I totally agree, that is why I posted “Options! What is this?!”

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Why do you want PvE to be super easy? You should be saying “Challenge Accepted” and have fun adapting to a new system designed to enhance your overall GW2 experience.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Moo.3408

Why do you want PvE to be super easy? You should be saying “Challenge Accepted” and have fun adapting to a new system designed to enhance your overall GW2 experience.

Who are you referring too.

Windsagio.1340

The other thing is that honestly, you can tank and heal and support perfectly well even in the current content, and all with 1 character (Try a knight healing mace/focus/hammer guardian sometime, they do actually hold aggro stupidly well). The problem isnt’ that control isn’t reasonably available, it’s that it’s not that worth doing in most fights because you can just burn more quickly (or as was said use frostbow shenanigans).

There are only a few fights in the current game (for PvE) that I can think of where this is a huge change (although it will make the thaumanova turret room much more annoying). The thing is, one of the things the’re promising is harder group content and with the current state of stability that’s extremely difficult, especially if they want to get away from the current ‘dodge phase/damage phase’ style they’ve used in LS2 (and with mai).

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Certain content is going to be hell now. Hurray!

Windsagio.1340

that’s because you’re a negative nelly. Forum is full of them :p

Like I said, this will help balance a boon that only some classes have easy access to.

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

+1

+1

You will now need a taunt/stability tank. YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY, and a healer to back that up, causing condis and condi remove.

This.

I have no expectation that anything good will come of this, chiefly because their demonstrated abilities to balance things leave much to be desired.

This will be no exception. Fustercluck incoming.

Also, this.

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

that’s because you’re a negative nelly. Forum is full of them :p

Like I said, this will help balance a boon that only some classes have easy access to.

‘Negative Nelly’? What the frotz is this, third grade?

Anyway, I don’t waste positive outlook on Peter Molyneux’s promises or ArenaNet’s capacity to ‘fix’ anything.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.