Stability changes

Stability changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kayroo.7503

Kayroo.7503

Heya~

So in the upcoming patch, ANet guys decided to change how Stability works in game… Everyone knows it has a timer now, and during the time you have stability on you, it block every incoming Ckittenil someone strips you from the boon or runs out. Now, after the patch, it’ll change to stacks. Say you have 5 stacks of stability -> you block 5 CC.

What I’m about to say, that in my opinion, it is a silly change, and it’ll kill most melee classes, like Warrior. I’ll even tell why…
My warrior build has the trait that automaticly gives me stability if a CC strucks me. I use it to get close to annoying rangers, or in WvW to save a tower, that’s under attack by 50 people. I pop endure pain and stability pops automaticly as soon as 10 guys jump on me to stop me from beign able to get into a tower and save me. Now, if this changes into stacks, what, I’ll have 5 CC block change, and then I’m kinda screwed? I don’t see any good side about nerfing the stability, because you can get CC so kitten quickly, that even 25 stack of stability is useless in a huge zerg vs zerg fight. -For me- it kills the class I play the most(Warrior). Especially in WvW where you NEED the timer on the stability to be able to do things against engineers, rangers, necros, and so on.

I’d like to hear other player’s opinions about this change, because I certainly don’t like it.

Stability changes

Posted by: ReaperStriker.1982

ReaperStriker.1982

Different CC should remove different number of stability charges. For instance, fear will remove 2 stability charges per 1 second of fear. Or if the poor servers or the inefficient netcode of arenanet couldn’t handle that kind of calculation when player numbers are scaled up, fear would remove a flat number of stability charges. Other CC would remove a stability charge depending on their “disabling/interrupting power”, such as pull only removing 1, etc.

Stability changes

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

Different CC should remove different number of stability charges. For instance, fear will remove 2 stability charges per 1 second of fear. Or if the poor servers or the inefficient netcode of arenanet couldn’t handle that kind of calculation when player numbers are scaled up, fear would remove a flat number of stability charges. Other CC would remove a stability charge depending on their “disabling/interrupting power”, such as pull only removing 1, etc.

Just NO. In fact id go the opposite, it needs limited further to equal out the zerg vrs small group battle. Stability stacks should be limited by a cool down to not be dropped on repeated CC. For instance you get hit by “Static Field” you lose 1 stack, you get hit by a second “Static Field” with in 5 seconds you don’t lose your stack, but if you get hit with a different CC you do. With out some kinda of limit the group with the most CC (the bigger blob/most players) wins out regardless of the skill of those players.

Stability changes

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Good. Warriors are OP anyway.

This is a change I welcome. How annoying is it that mesmer’s only source of reliable stability comes from a single mantra skill? How long has the meta of WvW zergs been, “lockdown to oblivion before they can pop stab”? How is it fair that a single warrior can run through an entire zerg to save a tower?

It will be refreshing to time CC in combat for actual efficiency, than just watch pointlessly and wait for a stab timer to run out.

Stability changes

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Good. Warriors are OP anyway.

This is a change I welcome. How annoying is it that mesmer’s only source of reliable stability comes from a single mantra skill? How long has the meta of WvW zergs been, “lockdown to oblivion before they can pop stab”? How is it fair that a single warrior can run through an entire zerg to save a tower?

It will be refreshing to time CC in combat for actual efficiency, than just watch pointlessly and wait for a stab timer to run out.

QFT.

Stability needed a tune up.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Stability changes

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Stability is currently too strong.
This change will mix everything up a bit and require some bit of thinking rather than just spamming stability. This is a good change. And if it turns out to not work out well I am certain that ArenaNet will change it back or to something else.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square