Stacking Halloween MF with general MF cons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

Noticed we are able to stack the Halloween cons MF boost of 30% along with the regular cons like Omnom 30% ect. Hopefully this is intentional .

This may have already been discussed and I’m just late to the game. With this option it is very easy for anyone with 300 amulet 20 cookie 30 h/con 30 w/e ap mf they have to maintain close to 390% plus, that is not counting other buffs from guild/banners ect.

(edited by danielrjones.8759)

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

You are talking about the Pumpkin Oils/the others that take the place of a Utility Boost?

9 Guardians later…

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

I checked it on spicy pumpkin cookie and pumpkin oil yes it stacked. I also tested it with omnom cookie and an oil it stacked as well.

edit, correction, I tested with omnon cookie and spicy cookie it does NOT stack, The spicky cookie will stack with oils as well as any general con stacking with oils.

(edited by danielrjones.8759)

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

You are talking about the Pumpkin Oils/the others that take the place of a Utility Boost?

Yes he is.

People are going omnom(30%), pumpkin oil(30%), MF booster/bonfire (if avail)(50%?), 20% infusion (if ascend amulet), guild banner (15%), and if you want to waste laurels, the 30% boost from that.

175% from boosts alone (may have missed one or two) not counting MF you already have.

Posted by: meklin.4530

meklin.4530

The reason this works is because the Pumpkin Oil, Crystallized Nougat, and Sharpening Skull are all UTILTY items, which take the place of your regular Oils, Crystals, Stones; hence the name of the items.

Please note that the Magic find and exp boosts are Passive effects like regular foods, while the actual bonus to stats, which I believe are 100,75,75 (83 for the celestial stay one?) are only if you have revived someone. The Active bonus appears to last about 10 seconds and stacks in duration.

I feel like this will be a new addition to farming events in cursed shore and other places where player downs happen a lot. You only need to Rez for about 2 seconds to get the buff so everyone can get it. You also give the buff to the player you rezzed for 10 seconds.

Just food for thought people