Stacking Sigils Update

Stacking Sigils Update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

DUH. Now read the statement I was responding to and COUNT THE PROFESSIONS BEING LISTED. Do you see two, or do you see FIVE?

Nonsense argument is nonsense.

No, but some of them were.

I could say the same thing about that what you said about the first thing.

(edited by haviz.1340)

Stacking Sigils Update

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Its a good change, this will significantly balance WvW the most, where people got way too easy too much Damage increasign buffs.

This could be just topped only by finally removing any kind of buff foods7items out of WvW and make these items finally, what they should have been from begion on – PVE ONLY

ANet is finally making important moves on reducing the maximum amount of damage that players can burst out with 1 hit or in general with their burst skills.

The game must get away from that cheap gameplay, where you can kill players in a matter of seconds and everythign that supports this cheap game design, needs to get either nerfed, removed or significantly changed, so that other better designed builds just become more viable over playing min/maxers for cheap 1hit kills due to being able to dish out insane amounts of damage in short time due to all of the damage buffers in the game, be it sigils, be it buff items, be it shrine buffs in WvW, be it guild buffs in Wvw additionally, be it utility skill stat buffs and so on …

There are many more useful and interestign sigils in the game, than those, that give you just only an increadible amount of bonus stat points for killign some npcs until you have 25 stacks to get an important advantage over other players, that don’t have these 25 stacks in the moment of a battle against you…

Its already enough in Wvw especialyl, that you get stacking bonus effects on kills when you have maxed the first two wvw sskill lines to get more power and vitality for every guard kill up to 5 times.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Stacking Sigils Update

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

DUH. Now read the statement I was responding to and COUNT THE PROFESSIONS BEING LISTED. Do you see two, or do you see FIVE?

Nonsense argument is nonsense.

No, but some of them were.

I could say the same thing about that what you said about the first thing.

And yet the game will only agree with one of us, come April 15th.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Stacking Sigils Update

haviz.1340

And yet the game will only agree with one of us, come April 15th.

The game will agree that stacking sigils were exploits? :o

Stacking Sigils Update

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Ele’s and Engi’s may have kits which people think “may” make up for it, but lets get real here…

There is still push-back to this day in WvW about how OP it is to stack Power/Cond, and Vitality stacks from killing guards. Even a little more outrage now that they can’t be removed on downed state (though I like that change). It seems a lot of people agree that having such buffs is somewhat over-powering.

If this is the case, then allowing only 4 classes to attain these buffs without having to give up anything significant in return does not put the other 2 on a level playing field. One of those classes is dreadfully hurting for vitality.

Yes, but Eles can swap attunements(therefore on-swap-sigils) way more often than any other class.

It comes down to whether the on-swap sigils have a cooldown or not anymore(previously had 9 seconds cooldown). If they dont, then Eles can get a lot of stacks of might from sigil of battle, or a lot of endurance from sigil of energy. I would say that if there is no cooldowns, eles would definitely have a different kind of advantage(more procs of the same sigil, less variety in sigils).

If the cooldowns still exist though, then we need a new system. For example, Eles can have 2 weapon slots just like everyone else and also swap weapons, but only to the same weapon. Eles could have a staff in each weapon slot(or scepter/dagger in each weapon slots respectively, etc) and each of the staff can have different stats, sigils and infusions(basically just like equipping a greatsword in both weapon sets of a guardian). That way they dont get extra skills, but get all the other benefits of sigils.

As I said, where in those attunements does it make up for the sigils? There is nothing anywhere. If there was, you would have people currently claiming that Elementalists are OP, which they are not . You won’t read anywhere that they are, this would imply that these attunements in their current state given the sigils was not a problem. With this new change, they have now taken something away whereas other classes are gaining.

If you can point out something (anything) in all their skills that make up for stacking or double stacking of on kill effects, please point it out. We cant run a 30/30/30/30/30 build so where points lack, so does the effectiveness of that tree.

What could this do to WvW, tilt the meta even greater towards warrior and guardian. This is not a good change. For the “Why” people, they have now access to 4 sigils. You can’t pair Ranger in there because they still suck compared to those 2, and necros still wont have the same usefulness due to the ease of cleansing conditions.

Too much damage is not a problem in WvW, it never was nor will it ever be. When you pit 2 classes against each other and place one in PVT gear and the other in full zerker gear, the PVT geared player does more damage. If there is a problem with damage it needs to be increased for people whom are traited and geared for it.

Stacking Sigils Update

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Really? How? Walk me through it.

For eles&engies: they have 2 slots for sigils, others have 4. As a warrior, for instance, you can get force, energy, battle and bloodlust, as an ele just force and bloodlust.

If that were true, why would they change it?

So every change they made was fixing exploits? :o

also note that engies and eles can swap more often without traits, if they dont put 9 second cooldowns on every on swap trait, that alone would be an advantage, much remains to be seen, but essentially yea, ele and engineer was always balanced to get less out of multiple weapons, the versatility was supposed to make up for it, if it wont after this change, then thats a balance issue.

That said, the stacking buffs and equipping new weapons thing has always been pretty cheesy technique on every class.

Stacking Sigils Update

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

It will agree benefiting from a piece of gear you no longer have equipped its not an option anymore .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Stacking Sigils Update

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Really? How? Walk me through it.

For eles&engies: they have 2 slots for sigils, others have 4. As a warrior, for instance, you can get force, energy, battle and bloodlust, as an ele just force and bloodlust.

If that were true, why would they change it?

So every change they made was fixing exploits? :o

also note that engies and eles can swap more often without traits, if they dont put 9 second cooldowns on every on swap trait, that alone would be an advantage, much remains to be seen, but essentially yea, ele and engineer was always balanced to get less out of multiple weapons, the versatility was supposed to make up for it, if it wont after this change, then thats a balance issue.

That said, the stacking buffs and equipping new weapons thing has always been pretty cheesy technique on every class.

I agree the versatility was supposed to make up for it, but unless they can trait 30/30/30/30/30 it’s pointless. Not putting any points into a tree doesn’t make the tree entirely effective and thus making that attunement next to useless. This is why those classes are getting something taken away from them while the others are gaining.

Stacking Sigils Update

haviz.1340

It will agree benefiting from a piece of gear you no longer have equipped its not an option anymore .

That I can fully support.

Stacking Sigils Update

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

“…a player will no longer be able to gain 25 stacks and then un-equip the sigil.”

This is a big concern for my kit using engineer. Any dev would like to clearify this statement better? Not only for engineers, but for everyone cause what happens if someone picks up a Elementalist’s elemental weapon? Do they lose their stacks?

Stacking Sigils Update

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

Welp… time to destroy my non-salvageable bloodlust stacking weapons that I spent all that gold on.. lol.

Stacking Sigils Update

Posted by: ripAnubis.5817

ripAnubis.5817

“…a player will no longer be able to gain 25 stacks and then un-equip the sigil.”

This is a big concern for my kit using engineer. Any dev would like to clearify this statement better? Not only for engineers, but for everyone cause what happens if someone picks up a Elementalist’s elemental weapon? Do they lose their stacks?

I don’t think it would affect you at all. As far is I understood, you will loose your stacks only if you unequip your weapon, that is if you take it out of its weaponslot and back into your inventory. Swapping to another weapon without removing your previous weapon will have no effect. Since you don’t remove your weapon while swapping to kits, you should keep your stacks.

Stacking Sigils Update

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

-snip-

-snip-

As I said, where in those attunements does it make up for the sigils? There is nothing anywhere. If there was, you would have people currently claiming that Elementalists are OP, which they are not . You won’t read anywhere that they are, this would imply that these attunements in their current state given the sigils was not a problem. With this new change, they have now taken something away whereas other classes are gaining.

If you can point out something (anything) in all their skills that make up for stacking or double stacking of on kill effects, please point it out. We cant run a 30/30/30/30/30 build so where points lack, so does the effectiveness of that tree.

-snip-

Let me re-explain.

At maximum Arcana, an Ele can swap attunement every second, and when all attunements are on recharge, they have to wait 5 seconds and then can swap attunements again every second. Currently on-swap sigils have 9 seconds cooldown, therefore they do not activate everytime you swap attunement. Therefore nobody claims Eles are OP because they cannot do it yet(due to 9 seconds cooldown on the sigils). If that 9 seconds cooldown is removed though(or reduced heavily), then Eles could get huge amounts of Endurance from Sigil of Energy(or might stacks from Sigil of Battle). If my on-swap Sigil can proc so much as every 5 seconds instead of every 9 seconds(cooldown on weapon swap for other classes), then I get double the amount of procs of on-swap effects compared to any other class, although I can only get 2 different effects(sigils) instead of 4.

What we need to know, is what is the new cooldown on the on-swap sigils. Eles could easily be in a good position if there is a low or no cooldown on on-swap sigils because they could possibly proc their sigils twice(or up to 4 times) more often compared to any other class which have a 9 seconds cooldown when swapping weapons while in combat. If the cooldown remains 9 seconds though, then Eles are in a bad position and we should get a new system to compensate.