Star of Gratitude gave me.......

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

The first day I used the Star of Gratitude after getting it I got 1 or 2 rare weapons. Haven’t received any rare or better items since.

Today……..today it gave me a pet rock. I’m dead serious. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pet_Rock

I’ve only used the Star on my level 80 ranger and also opened the gifts only with her. And the stupid thing gave me a level 28 renowned heart karma merchant item that can’t be salvaged or sold to a merchant. I though it was a Brittle Clump of Ore since they have the exact same icon but it was actually a trinket. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Brittle_Clump_of_Ore

I just hope the stupid thing is house broken.

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Well i don’t see the problem, the same is with mawdrey ( which you have to spend certain amount of gold to craft it) it gives you some junk and a few greens if you are lucky. It is designed to relieve the players of those pesky ascended materials. Two bank tabs to be precise.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Two blues and a green, and a bit of junk so far.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Mileinnor.7125

Mileinnor.7125

I use both mawdrey and star of gratitude with my lvl 53 alt. Figured I get to salvage cloth armors for linen. The chance to get a rare or exotic is too rare in my opinion. Anyone got an estimated drop rate for rates and exotics with a lvl 80 character?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

That’s strange. So far I’ve gotten a precursor and a permanent hair style kit.

Ok, I’ve actually gotten junk also, but I can dream can’t I?

Some greens/blues and vender trash.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’ve gotten a yellow once. The rest was the normal stuff.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Best I’ve gotten is a Vision Crystal. Then all the usual stuff. :P

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Best thing I have gotten so far was an unidentified rare red dye. The kind you’d craft. Merry X-mas btw.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Two blues and a green, and a bit of junk so far.

If you could view the inventory of all my toons you would lol at what they contain

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Gave me a silver doubleen today. Not too bad I think.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Once I was given a Giant Eye, then a Charged Core, a couple of Rares, an unidentified rare green dye and a Lesser Vision Crystal. These are all valuable things I’ve got.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I got the exotic staff Deathwish from the Star the other day.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

That’s funny… I also got a rare on the first use, and some kind of rock yesterday. In between must have been greens or junk, because they aren’t memorable.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Those items you get from the Star and Mawdrey II can all be sold to the merchant, even if they’re identical to heart merchant items. I had a couple of them yesterday and was a little miffed, but when I talked to a merchant to click “sell junk” they popped up in the window as well. And yes, I could sell them.

In other words, what you get from Mawdrey II and the Star of Gratitude is a separate item from what you would get from the heart merchants, even if the icon, stat bonuses, and text box are all identical.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

It keeps giving me Rares, and expensive mats like Rosemary.

I’m hoping it gives me a Lesser Vision Crystal one day.

Posted by: Rialen.1524

Rialen.1524

That’s awesome lol. Cherish it

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I’ve gotten several variously colored unidentified dyes worth 1g+ each. Seeing as the emp frags were totally worthless trash before, I can’t complain.

I really hope they continue with these types items that eat excess accountbound items. I would LOVE something that would start to nom away all of the excess +200 luck items I have laying around, especially since they seem to be constantly shoving it down my throat with every new update (well at least they removed it from bl chests… kinda).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I got some type of orb that sold for 9 gold. On my 3rd day.

On my 2nd day I got 1 rare.

Not bad so far.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

I got only crap until now from that star. I should have let that Grawl destroy the christmas for those kitten kids, I knew it. Wathcing their tears flowing would be much more valuable than the greens and blues im getting now.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

I’ve gotten several variously colored unidentified dyes worth 1g+ each. Seeing as the emp frags were totally worthless trash before, I can’t complain.

Basically this. You had worthlkess junk, occupying inventory space, which you either couldn’t bring yourself destroy to or had already been destroying (amidst pangs of mild guilt). Now you have some things with a vendor value, if nothing else, the occasional thing of actual value or utility, and – yes – the occasional piece of worthless junk.

On average, you are still better off. either destroy the worthless stuff (again), or collect it until you have enough similar things to mystic forge.

I suggest just destroying.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Ebonhawk (exotic greatsword – sold for 5g).

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Those items you get from the Star and Mawdrey II can all be sold to the merchant, even if they’re identical to heart merchant items. I had a couple of them yesterday and was a little miffed, but when I talked to a merchant to click “sell junk” they popped up in the window as well. And yes, I could sell them.

In other words, what you get from Mawdrey II and the Star of Gratitude is a separate item from what you would get from the heart merchants, even if the icon, stat bonuses, and text box are all identical.

Not in my case. The Pet Rock trinket it gave me had no coin value and didn’t show up in a vendor window to sell. It was exactly the same as the one you buy for karma from the renowned heart vendor.

It is kinda funny I got such a crappy item. What would be even funnier is if ArenaNet actually came out with a pet rock mini pet. xD

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Not in my case. The Pet Rock trinket it gave me had no coin value and didn’t show up in a vendor window to sell. It was exactly the same as the one you buy for karma from the renowned heart vendor.

It is kinda funny I got such a crappy item. What would be even funnier is if ArenaNet actually came out with a pet rock mini pet. xD

Strange mine worked one way and yours didn’t.

If they came out with a Pet Rock mini pet, I’d probably get it.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver