Start July 1st

Start July 1st

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

New season July 1st, festival until then.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready/

Start July 1st

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I think the picture officially confirms we are getting a new zone in the maguuma jungle!

Start July 1st

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Watch people still complain about it. omg its so far away blah blah QQ…

I for one am excited!

Start July 1st

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

2 years after the game’s premiere – it’d better be a portal to a new, permanent explorable map! #fingerscrossed

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Start July 1st

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Let them QQ, keeps them indoors and out of trouble.

I really am looking forward to the new areas as well. Should be a fun summer.

Start July 1st

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Watch people still complain about it. omg its so far away blah blah QQ…

I for one am excited!

Yeah it’s just over a month away. Hopefully that means they’ve had lots of extra time to put in to it. They really need to put more time on the patches and not worry about pumping them out so frequently.

Start July 1st

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

2 years after the game’s premiere – it’d better be a portal to a new, permanent explorable map! #fingerscrossed

Brisban Wildlands has 2 impossible to access Zone portals currently. Big hint at where it’s going to lead.

Start July 1st

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Two months of a bland festival. Well, only 3 days to go

EDIT: I take that back. Just over one month

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

(edited by Lankybrit.4598)

Start July 1st

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Really hope for a high level jungle setting. I love Maguuma jungle in GW1 and can’t wait to go there. Please let this be the case!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Start July 1st

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

The Bazaar is one of the most beautiful and interesting zones in the game, mate. I’m glad I’ll be able to enjoy it for another month.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Start July 1st

Corpus Christi.2057

Brisban Wildlands has 2 impossible to access Zone portals currently. Big hint at where it’s going to lead.

So Maguuma Jungle, you say? Could you give me a wp location of those portals? I’ll log in into the game just out of sheer curiosity.:)

Thanks in advance!

Start July 1st

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

Season 2 HAS to blow people away, every update is going to have to be as big as the Battle for LA….it cannot be set to the same standard of season 1

there is too much waiting around with no “new” content to do and people are going to forget about the game :\

especially with gigantic games coming up like Wildstar, Destiny, Warlords of Draenor, and what hasn’t been revealed to be coming out yet at E3…which we will know by july 1st

(edited by Jordo.5913)

Start July 1st

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Inb4 people start complaining about this somehow.

Start July 1st

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

Oh well, honestly I had hopes on playing without time pressure for a time.

I see that they will keep making this temporary content, but I hope that they do not pump it so frequently. I hate playing pressured by time restrictions.

“PLAY NOW. FAST! FAST! GOT THOSE ACHIEVS AND REWARDS OR YOU GONNA LOST IT FOREVER!!! DONT TAKE A BREAK OR YOU GONNA MISS THE STORY!!!”

But, I guess that I’m a minority here… in all aspects… maybe it’s just not the game for me.

Start July 1st

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

^ Well if they add new zones (which it looks like from the teaser) it is rather likely that it would be permanent. I also seem to recall someone quoting that they would mainly have permanent stuff with season 2.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Start July 1st

rincewind.9528

^If thats true lordkrall I will be an very happy panda. Crossing fingers

Start July 1st

Jordo.5913

I see that they will keep making this temporary content, but I hope that they do not pump it so frequently. I hate playing pressured by time restrictions.

“PLAY NOW. FAST! FAST! GOT THOSE ACHIEVS AND REWARDS OR YOU GONNA LOST IT FOREVER!!! DONT TAKE A BREAK OR YOU GONNA MISS THE STORY!!!”

But, I guess that I’m a minority here… in all aspects… maybe it’s just not the game for me.

all S2 content is permanent now….not sure about achieves though

Start July 1st

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Dat looks like a new zone portal. Me likey.

Looking forward to it….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Start July 1st

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I can see this being a problem for other updates and the Queen’s Pavillion (why can’t this stay open again? It doesn’t make any sense. In real life, this would be the equivalent of spending hundreds of millions of public funds to build a giant iconic sports stadium then tell the taxpayers ‘no, its only open once a year’).

But for Zephyr Sanctum. They’re travelling merchants, they wouldn’t be travelling merchants if they just stayed in one place all the time, would they?

Start July 1st

Lankybrit.4598

LS2 is all permanent content? Now that’s interesting.

Updated every Monday

Start July 1st

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I can see this being a problem for other updates and the Queen’s Pavillion (why can’t this stay open again? It doesn’t make any sense. In real life, this would be the equivalent of spending hundreds of millions of public funds to build a giant iconic sports stadium then tell the taxpayers ‘no, its only open once a year’).

But for Zephyr Sanctum. They’re travelling merchants, they wouldn’t be travelling merchants if they just stayed in one place all the time, would they?

Lol. That pretty much happened in South Africa.

Start July 1st

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I think the picture officially confirms we are getting a new zone in the maguuma jungle!

I wouldn’t get my hopes up just yet. Just because they posted a pick of a portal doesn’t mean a new map, at least not right away. I hope we do get a map with the first patch, but I’m not gonna hold my breath.

I highly doubt that. I know they said something about more permanent, but that doesn’t mean everythings permanent. Also, didn’t they say something about the second half of last year being more permanent too? And see how well that turned out. I think all we got was the collapsed tower.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Start July 1st

rincewind.9528

Good, good.

The thing that I regret more about S1 is that I missed chuncks of the story.
Like the final battle against Scarlet.

And the Zephyr Sanctum can be made an seasonal festival. They can come back every year. Or maybe every six months or something like that.

Start July 1st

Corpus Christi.2057

Don’t get me wrong, but judging by what has happened in those 2 years of GW2 life, I wouldn’t get your hopes too high, after second thought.
After all, if it takes two years to, possibly, open a new explorable zone, and then again, by current state of affairs, fill the game up with cheap and poor quality-wise content the whole year, it’s nothing “phenomenal”. It’s “ok”, but is it enough for the people that have been lamenting over the game? Quite justly, I have to say.
We shall see what the future holds for us.

Start July 1st

Jordo.5913

I highly doubt that. I know they said something about more permanent, but that doesn’t mean everythings permanent. Also, didn’t they say something about the second half of last year being more permanent too? And see how well that turned out. I think all we got was the collapsed tower.

http://i.imgur.com/JL4js7E.jpg

Read lady avant’s chat….in game dev symbol

i will post here as well

“Starting with episode 1 (not this next one), ALL living story release will be permanent. Festivals and whatnot will still be seasonal.”

this was taken before the crown pavillion patch….so she is stating the crown pavillion will not be permanent

Start July 1st

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

That portal doesn’t go to Cantha, that much we know. So while I’m happy for new content, everything is ho-hum until we can visit our most beloved Asian themed land.

NCSoft knows that if they let Anet release a Cantha expansion, Wildstar and Lineage II is dead. GW2’s player population would explode, and the servers would melt.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Start July 1st

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Then the portal turns out to be the entrance of yet another temporary dungeon

Attachments:

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Start July 1st

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I hoped for a while already they would release new zones with the LS update, and now after a dev said that most LS2 stuff will be permanent i really expect some new zones. However i hope also they don’t listen again to the “elitemode, make everything harder” crowd and give us another Karka Island.

especially with gigantic games coming up like Wildstar, Destiny, Warlords of Draenor, and what hasn’t been revealed to be coming out yet at E3…which we will know by july 1st

Don’t forget the new Blockbusters like “World of Never Heard Of” and “Generic Asia Grinder 4711”.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Start July 1st

skullmount.1758

http://i.imgur.com/JL4js7E.jpg

Read lady avant’s chat….in game dev symbol

i will post here as well

“Starting with episode 1 (not this next one), ALL living story release will be permanent. Festivals and whatnot will still be seasonal.”

this was taken before the crown pavillion patch….so she is stating the crown pavillion will not be permanent

I remember reading through those but don’t remember that one.

Darkhaven server

Start July 1st

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Just because they show a portal, doesn’t mean that there is a new permanent area with new content. Just pure speculation and wisful thinking by many.

Start July 1st

Asmodeus.5782

Blude, presenting it in such a way would be pure teasing then. Certainly a case of bad marketing. :P

William S. Burroughs

Start July 1st

Lankybrit.4598

Blude, presenting it in such a way would be pure teasing then. Certainly a case of bad marketing. :P

It’s a portal INTO Lion’s Arch, where you can access the new content

Updated every Monday

Start July 1st

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Just because they show a portal, doesn’t mean that there is a new permanent area with new content. Just pure speculation and wisful thinking by many.

Yes, totally.
But I’m really really wishful for Maguuma Waster being introduced, and hopefully not just 1 map, but 2~3 maps with some level ranges, maybe not released at the same time, but in till the end of the Season 2 for sure.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Start July 1st

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I don’t think it is. Besides the link above that says that all the new LS content will be permanent. One of the most demanded and desired things in the CDI’s was new explorable maps.

Other devs have talked about “expansion sized content” coming as well. That says to me at least, that areas will be expanded as well. So, IMO, new maps.

Start July 1st

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Can we delete the month of June so I can see this sooner?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Start July 1st

Asmodeus.5782

Finishing the tutorial in Wildstar was a challenge. I actually made it through, but later on it did not get any better, to my amazement. :>

William S. Burroughs

Start July 1st

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Finishing the tutorial in Wildstar was a challenge. I actually made it through, but later on it did not get any better, to my amazement. :>

The game opens up around 17 or so. Mobs are tougher, more content such as adventures and shiphands, first dungeon is at 20 I think, etc. Not to mention the sickest encounters in raids…

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Start July 1st

skullmount.1758

Yeah, that was my feeling as well. Got to the second actual map (I think it was. as dominion, the map after seeing the giant robot thing firing its laser.) and was already bored with it. Gotta remember to contact support and try to get refund, or at least cancel the payment option.
But lets not get off topic.

I still doubt we’ll get a new map with the first release, or if we do, it’ll be only a small map. Theres no guarantee that the pic is from the first patch, and that its to a new zone. It could lead to a dungeon (though probably not true one, more a ls one like all others before), since dungeons also use the same map change/portal thing.

Darkhaven server

Start July 1st

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

You want more temporary content with poor story telling and more cash shop grabs in the form of dresses and mini pets? Wrapped in a nice big zerg sandwhich garnished with zero skill and mutliplayer accountability?

Coming right up!

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Start July 1st

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

No reason to play for another month. Thanks for the honesty Anet. See you guys in July.

Start July 1st

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Nah, that’s a whole month of Wildstar, cupcake!

i see what u did there

R.I.P Kumu <3

Start July 1st

Posted by: Shadowbane.7109

Shadowbane.7109

No reason to play for another month. Thanks for the honesty Anet. See you guys in July.

Haters gonna hate

Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference.
The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred.
If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all.

Start July 1st

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You want more temporary content with poor story telling and more cash shop grabs in the form of dresses and mini pets? Wrapped in a nice big zerg sandwhich garnished with zero skill and mutliplayer accountability?

Coming right up!

Do you think the Dev is not telling the truth, then? I think if they state it is permanent, it will be permanent. Otherwise, there will be a rough road ahead.

But, that’s just me. =)

Start July 1st

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

1 Month of Wildstar! FOR DA DOMINION!!

R.I.P Kumu <3

Start July 1st

Posted by: RavenRecoil.6103

RavenRecoil.6103

Permanent content!!?!! Thank you!! Temporary content has been my only gripe about this game. I would love a full on expansion. Why not guild wars 2 factions? Add a new race? I would buy another $60 game. Just don’t add a bunch of skills like you did with gw1 and have balancing issues all over again. But if this is a portal to new land I am happy.

I am a hardcore casual player at best!!
Always up wind from my prey. I want them to smell my farts!

Start July 1st

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I’m looking forward to this.

I didnt jump into living story until marionette, but I really enjoyed it, the saving citizens and the knights.

I’m enjoying this pav…so I’m looking forward to seeing season 2 from the beginning!

Start July 1st

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Coming right up!

Do you think the Dev is not telling the truth, then? I think if they state it is permanent, it will be permanent. Otherwise, there will be a rough road ahead.

But, that’s just me. =)

I think that a random person with an ANET tag discussing unreleased information could be misinformed. I’ll wait for official word on the release.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Start July 1st

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

So Maguuma Jungle, you say? Could you give me a wp location of those portals? I’ll log in into the game just out of sheer curiosity.:)

Thanks in advance!

There is one in Vandal’s Claim (from what I’ve been told) hidden and blocked by the bandit “castle” there with the level 80 champions. The second one is in Lionshead Outcrops on the other side of the broken bridge. One leads West, the other leads North.

Start July 1st

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

The Bazaar is one of the most beautiful and interesting zones in the game, mate. I’m glad I’ll be able to enjoy it for another month.

Would you be so kind explaining me where these zones are ??
So far i just found a stairway up to the airship and a circle with zones to zerker
some bosses for a blue item and 29 copper.

I would love to see the zones you are talking about

Start July 1st

Lankybrit.4598

Would you be so kind explaining me where these zones are ??
So far i just found a stairway up to the airship and a circle with zones to zerker
some bosses for a blue item and 29 copper.

I would love to see the zones you are talking about

The Bazaar is in Divinity’s Reach.

Updated every Monday