Start July 1st

Start July 1st

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The Bazaar is in Divinity’s Reach.

No, the Pavilion and Gauntlet is in Divinity’s Reach.
The Bazaar is in Labyrinthine Cliffs.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Start July 1st

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

Good, good.

The thing that I regret more about S1 is that I missed chuncks of the story.
Like the final battle against Scarlet.

You man…. don’t know how lucky you actually are.
I wish i had never seen LS1 and i played it from beginning.

Start July 1st

lordkrall.7241

Would you be so kind explaining me where these zones are ??
So far i just found a stairway up to the airship and a circle with zones to zerker
some bosses for a blue item and 29 copper.

I would love to see the zones you are talking about

Ah, this is where the so called opinions come in.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Start July 1st

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

The Bazaar is in Divinity’s Reach.

No, the Pavilion and Gauntlet is in Divinity’s Reach.
The Bazaar is in Labyrinthine Cliffs.

Whoops, sorry. Maybe I should check it out.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Start July 1st

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Now that we can no longer complain about new zones, I think the next point to complain about is the lack of new races/weapons

Start July 1st

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think posting a picture of a portal against a jungle themed backdrop either means a new zone in the Maguuma or it’s a massive tease. And given that Season 1 ended with a cut scene racing towards the jungle and then down to a dragon waking up it seems much more likely they’re planning a new zone.

If it’s permanent too that would be amazing.

Oh well, honestly I had hopes on playing without time pressure for a time.

I see that they will keep making this temporary content, but I hope that they do not pump it so frequently. I hate playing pressured by time restrictions.

“PLAY NOW. FAST! FAST! GOT THOSE ACHIEVS AND REWARDS OR YOU GONNA LOST IT FOREVER!!! DONT TAKE A BREAK OR YOU GONNA MISS THE STORY!!!”

But, I guess that I’m a minority here… in all aspects… maybe it’s just not the game for me.

I can see this being a problem for other updates and the Queen’s Pavillion (why can’t this stay open again? It doesn’t make any sense. In real life, this would be the equivalent of spending hundreds of millions of public funds to build a giant iconic sports stadium then tell the taxpayers ‘no, its only open once a year’).

But for Zephyr Sanctum. They’re travelling merchants, they wouldn’t be travelling merchants if they just stayed in one place all the time, would they?

Spending hundreds of millions to build a stadium that’s only used once? Sounds like the Olympics.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Start July 1st

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Now that we can no longer complain about new zones, I think the next point to complain about is the lack of new races/weapons

I’ll stick to complaining about no new legendary weapons or precursors!

Start July 1st

Kurrilino.2706

Would you be so kind explaining me where these zones are ??
So far i just found a stairway up to the airship and a circle with zones to zerker
some bosses for a blue item and 29 copper.

I would love to see the zones you are talking about

Ah, this is where the so called opinions come in.

Are you saying people could find joy in a- Dolyak race b- Crystal delivery into a pot
for 1.5 month ???
I admit i enjoyed it for maybe 1-2 days….. but 1.5 month ??
And i am really a casual player.

Start July 1st

lordkrall.7241

Are you saying people could find joy in a- Dolyak race b- Crystal delivery into a pot
for 1.5 month ???

I am saying that just because you dislike a grand total of every single thing in the game doesn’t mean it is the same for everyone.
And there is far more than the Flying Dolyak race and Crystal Collector to do both at the Bazaar and in the Pavilion.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Start July 1st

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

No reason to play for another month. Thanks for the honesty Anet. See you guys in July.

Haters gonna hate

Youre right, I still have to log in for the wvw reward friday. Honestly though I havent played for more than a few minutes at a time for a long time

Start July 1st

Kurrilino.2706

for 1.5 month ???

I am saying that just because you dislike a grand total of every single thing in the game doesn’t mean it is the same for everyone.
And there is far more than the Flying Dolyak race and Crystal Collector to do both at the Bazaar and in the Pavilion.

I know we always run into each other because we have completely different opinions and i actually enjoy this because my own opinion is not the only answer…….

But in this case…………… what else than Dolyak and Crystal can you do at the Bazaar ?
Collecting 40 sky crystals doesn’t keep me busy for 1.5 month sorry.

Start July 1st

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Enjoy it as a really beautiful place.

Aspect Arena is quite fun, too.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Start July 1st

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

for 1.5 month ???

I know we always run into each other because we have completely different opinions and i actually enjoy this because my own opinion is not the only answer…….

But in this case…………… what else than Dolyak and Crystal can you do at the Bazaar ?

Aspect Arena/Sprint/Southsun Survival, mine quartz, jumping puzzles, the drink mixing event, and buy any karma food ingredient in one convenient location. Just off the top of my head.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Start July 1st

lordkrall.7241

Crystals.
Master Crystals.
Gauntlet.
Boss Blitz.
Aspect Arena.
Sanctum Sprint.
Getting old LS rewards.
Getting new LS rewards.

You also have to remember that not everyone can play as much as you, and they might very well need that time in order do these things.
And the fact that people have been complaining more or less every single patch that there is too little time to do stuff.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Start July 1st

Lankybrit.4598

BTW – Reason they chose July 1st. To give Wildstar some breathing room. Both NCsoft.

Updated every Monday

Start July 1st

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I liked the LS season 1 overall, I just didn’t like the lack of permanent content and I still wish the main personal story would be continued (and fixed; Arah still kind of a dead horse). That and every release felt like a beta since they pretty much always required bug and mistake fixes as they went on. o.o

They seem to notice that the general population disliked temp stuff and hopefully are going to use the LS to actually build the game and perma-add stuff through it like how Southsun was added. I return to that word “hopefully.” Hopefully, hopefully.
Now let’s see it in bold! Hopefully!

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Start July 1st

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I liked the LS season 1 overall, I just didn’t like the lack of permanent content and I still wish the main personal story would be continued (and fixed; Arah still kind of a dead horse). That and every release felt like a beta since they pretty much always required bug and mistake fixes as they went on. o.o

They seem to notice that the general population disliked temp stuff and hopefully are going to use the LS to actually build the game and perma-add stuff through it like how Southsun was added. I return to that word “hopefully.” Hopefully, hopefully.
Now let’s see it in bold! Hopefully!

It’s pretty obvious that they’d need to add a new zone or three for S2. Unless they’re going to wreck more zones like they did to Kessux Hills.

Start July 1st

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Personally I’d much rather have content that doesn’t keep me busy for the entire time it’s available.

July and August last year (the first time the Bazaar and Pavillion were available) had a huge amount of Living Story content which took a relatively long time to complete.

Sure it meant I didn’t run out of temporary content, but it also meant I had to basically give up on playing my other 4 characters, on doing dungeon or map completion or…pretty much everything else I might want to do. At the end of August I was seriously considering giving up on the Living Story because I felt like I couldn’t keep up and wasn’t enjoying trying.

It was a huge relief when half the content in September and October was permanent (Tequatl and the TA Aetherblade path) and the temporary stuff was relatively minimal and IMO it’s gotten better since.

If you’re enjoying the festival content you have the option to keep doing it for the entire time it’s available. If not then you can do it for a little while and move on to something else, or skip it entirely.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Start July 1st

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I know where the portal leads…100% positive…

The gem store…lovely new items to buy only xxxx amount of gems!

Start July 1st

Lankybrit.4598

LOL. Nice one.

Updated every Monday

Start July 1st

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

^^ truth hurts

R.I.P Kumu <3

Start July 1st

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Only thing is… I thought that we were only going to have festival for 2 weeks so I went and knocked out all the achievements this last week… now that I know that i have a month and a half.. I’m left with not much to do that I haven’t already been doing for the past 2 months that we had no new content.. ugh. If I’d known it’d be that long.. I’d have stretched out what we have..

Too bad the pavillion farm isn’t really worth it since it’s basically just tokens You finish your achievements… and then you pretty much just wait.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Start July 1st

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

And I’ll be first in line to grab the awesome goodies they sell!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Start July 1st

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

can’t wait for taimi to become a murderous little thing

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Start July 1st

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

A new zone will keep you busy for a few weeks.

As far as the Ca$h Grab $hop goes, I’m hoping they release a few re-skinned minis, backpacks, or if we’re really lucky, sweet armor that clips a lot!

To. Die. For. Can’t wait!

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Start July 1st

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

^ Well if they add new zones (which it looks like from the teaser) it is rather likely that it would be permanent. I also seem to recall someone quoting that they would mainly have permanent stuff with season 2.

I also remember them saying that post-Tower of Nightmares Kessex Hills are an example of “permanent LS stuff”.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Start July 1st

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

To everyone saying it’s impossible to put out permanent content on a quick timeline, BS. A-net had 6 months between releasing Sorrow’s Furnace and releasing Factions; both were PERMANENT content. They only took a year between Prophecies release and Sorrow’s Furnace and when they saw they could do that they said in 6 months we’d have Factions and they would be on a 6 month release schedule for new stand alone content(Nightfall)

Start July 1st

Posted by: Maximus Delion.8719

Maximus Delion.8719

Maximus steps up to the Mystic Forge and throws in all his worldly possessions, along with a passing Quaggan. He raises his hands to the heavens and shouts, “Mighty Zomoros! I beseech thee to hear my plea! I yearn for new adventures! New lands to discover! New foes to vanquish! New challenges to conquer! Grant me this one wish: I wish for a new zone to explore in the next living world update!”

A deep and rumbling voice echoes through the swirling zephyrs of the Mystic Forge. “I hear your words, noble warrior, and I shall grant thee thy wish. Thou shalt have a new zone to explore in the next living world update!”

There is a slight pause… then a mischievous laugh.

“And it shall be about the size of the Hall of Momuments. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

Start July 1st

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

If it’s nothing but more disposable LS “content” with a tie-in to the gem store, I will be continuing to merrily level my way in another game… about a month in by that time and probably thoroughly immersed.

e.g. LS is not enough to pull me back to PvE and the gem store. Even with the cliché “you must play now or lose out forever” marketing hype, which we have discovered isn’t necessarily true. That is almost entirely what has been driving me out of the game.

I’ll be here for WvW as long as it is still reasonably working. That is the only draw left.

I will admit, ANet could conceivably surprise me with new permanent, explorable content… nothing is off the table.

-Not holding my breath

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Start July 1st

lordkrall.7241

^ Well if they add new zones (which it looks like from the teaser) it is rather likely that it would be permanent. I also seem to recall someone quoting that they would mainly have permanent stuff with season 2.

I also remember them saying that post-Tower of Nightmares Kessex Hills are an example of “permanent LS stuff”.

Yep, and we had plenty of permanent stuff after that.
As far as I know (I haven’t been there for sometime though, so might have changed) both the new Fractals and the destruction of Lion’s Arch are still there, not to mention Edge of the Mists.
But I suppose those doesn’t count?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Start July 1st

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I see that they will keep making this temporary content, but I hope that they do not pump it so frequently. I hate playing pressured by time restrictions.

“PLAY NOW. FAST! FAST! GOT THOSE ACHIEVS AND REWARDS OR YOU GONNA LOST IT FOREVER!!! DONT TAKE A BREAK OR YOU GONNA MISS THE STORY!!!”

But, I guess that I’m a minority here… in all aspects… maybe it’s just not the game for me.

I can see this being a problem for other updates and the Queen’s Pavillion (why can’t this stay open again? It doesn’t make any sense. In real life, this would be the equivalent of spending hundreds of millions of public funds to build a giant iconic sports stadium then tell the taxpayers ‘no, its only open once a year’).

But for Zephyr Sanctum. They’re travelling merchants, they wouldn’t be travelling merchants if they just stayed in one place all the time, would they?

You should look into what happens to all the facilities that get built to host the Olympics. One and done.

Start July 1st

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Personally I like temporary content. Heh, I think I am in the minority, not you. My reasoning is that its like a festival (in this case it actually is), if you had the opportunity to be there then that’s great. If not then oh well, you missed your chance.

However if all ArenaNet releases is temp content then it becomes a pain, for sure. A great balance would be updates with a bit of both.

Also remember that you don’t NEED the achievements. Its just your OCD and/or perfectionist personality that demands it.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Start July 1st

Posted by: Shadowbane.7109

Shadowbane.7109

Maximus steps up to the Mystic Forge and throws in all his worldly possessions, along with a passing Quaggan. He raises his hands to the heavens and shouts, “Mighty Zomoros! I beseech thee to hear my plea! I yearn for new adventures! New lands to discover! New foes to vanquish! New challenges to conquer! Grant me this one wish: I wish for a new zone to explore in the next living world update!”

A deep and rumbling voice echoes through the swirling zephyrs of the Mystic Forge. “I hear your words, noble warrior, and I shall grant thee thy wish. Thou shalt have a new zone to explore in the next living world update!”

There is a slight pause… then a mischievous laugh.

“And it shall be about the size of the Hall of Momuments. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

Made me lol. But honestly my favorite zone type is the jungle. Too much snow in the shiverpeaks and the ascalon areas are just too bland. Kryta is nice till you hit centaurs.
So even if it is small it’s my new favorite zone

Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference.
The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred.
If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all.

Start July 1st

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Cool! Now where are those elusive Tengu???

>.>

<.<

Start July 1st

Posted by: Shadowbane.7109

Shadowbane.7109

Cool! Now where are those elusive Tengu???

>.>

<.<

Behind a huge kitten wall. Not like we have airships or anyhting similar O.o

Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling…makes no difference.
The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred.
If I’m to choose between one evil and another, I’d rather not choose at all.

Start July 1st

Posted by: Bri.8354

Bri.8354

Confirmed! “Soon” now means 34 days!

Start July 1st

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

As far as I know (I haven’t been there for sometime though, so might have changed) both the new Fractals and the destruction of Lion’s Arch are still there, not to mention Edge of the Mists.

Not when they said the second half of 2013 was going to have the permanent stuff. All those you listed were in 2014. Destruction of LA is just cosmetic change. Fractal change was for the worse (in my opinion), since all it did was cause fractals to take longer, with little added as reward for that extra time. Edge while permanent, isn’t fun and all its become is a karma train.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Start July 1st

lordkrall.7241

Not when they said the second half of 2013 was going to have the permanent stuff. All those you listed were in 2014. Destruction of LA is just cosmetic change. Fractal change was for the worse (in my opinion), since all it did was cause fractals to take longer, with little added as reward for that extra time. Edge while permanent, isn’t fun and all its become is a karma train.

And here is the main issue on these forums:
People for some reason doesn’t count things they don’t like. Which makes no sense. Stuff is added regardless if you like or do it or not.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Start July 1st

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

Personally I like temporary content. Heh, I think I am in the minority, not you. My reasoning is that its like a festival (in this case it actually is), if you had the opportunity to be there then that’s great. If not then oh well, you missed your chance.

However if all ArenaNet releases is temp content then it becomes a pain, for sure. A great balance would be updates with a bit of both.

Also remember that you don’t NEED the achievements. Its just your OCD and/or perfectionist personality that demands it.

To the last paragraph… That’s why I said “Maybe it’s not the game for me” and because that maybe it’s better leave the game, this time for good.

We’ll see.
If they stick to the temporary content and running the temporary carrot FASTARRR I guess that will be time to leave.
That would be sad, because this game have some nice aspects.

Start July 1st

Posted by: The Revenant.4970

The Revenant.4970

Inb4 people start complaining about this somehow.

Too slow!

Start July 1st

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Since i was talking specifically about Kessex Hills being considered to be an example of “permanent stuff added by the Living Story”, i am afraid they don’t.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Start July 1st

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

July 1 is a Sunday, isn’kitten

What a strange day to start new content.

Start July 1st

lordkrall.7241

Ah, misunderstood what you wrote then. I read at like post Tower of Nightmare. My bad.

But I would say that Kessex Hills is rather different now compared to before. And it is an example of permanent LS stuff.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Start July 1st

lordkrall.7241

July 1 is a Sunday, isn’kitten

What a strange day to start new content.

No it isn’t.

JUNE 1st is a Sunday.
JULY 1st is a Tuesday.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square