Started working on a legendary

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Sunrise, to be exact. I was looking at the shopping list for the gifts and, boy, that’s a lot of orichalcum.

Should I start farming in Orr, Dry Top and Frostgorge Sound? I used to farm now and then before the megaservers, because it was super easy with sites like gw2nodes.
I’m a bit reluctant to try it again, since it’ll be really boring to run around the map, looking for orichalcum nodes…

What about the other T6 mats? Should I try farming them, or straight up buy them from TP?

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

for all the things to craft sunrise, orichalcum is what’s got you concerned?

Just keep salvaging your gear you find and harvest any nodes you find. I didn’t spend much time in orichalcum zones when I made sunrise, and I had plenty of ori before I finished collecting everything else. Not to mention, just outright buying the orichalcum would be one of the cheapest ingredients in the list.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You’ll get enough Orc if you salvage 80th level greens and blues and consume the luck. Just keep doing it. The orc adds up.

Farm whatever mats you can, buy the rest at the end when you have nothing else left.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

give up

World boss Train.

Orr.

Group events for mats.

You will be living in Orr for most of your process. good luck to you. Avoid the sharks.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

You’ll get some T6 mats when you’re making Mystic Clovers, as well as a bit of Orichalcum.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Orichalcum is a lot easier to come by these days. Salvaging green and blue weapons, lots of them, yields quite a bit of ori. Rare and Exos yield more regular ori. In fact, I hardly mined ori nodes since the armour salvage was yielding so much for me

Axelwarrior.9084

I saw a suggestion to try champion farming, since the champ bags drop T6 materials. Is that efficient, or is it just better to run dungeons?

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I saw a suggestion to try champion farming, since the champ bags drop T6 materials. Is that efficient, or is it just better to run dungeons?

As a dungeon frequenter, I can say it totally depends. Some champ farms can give champ boxes faster than most dungeons, but some paths are farmed, like SE P1. If you play a Warrior, Guardian or Elementalist I highly suggest trying it. You can get about a box a minute iirc.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

You’re worried about orichalchum? That should be the least of your concern and far back in priority.

Orichalchum accounts for less than 1 % of the total gold cost of Sunrise, for example.

Axelwarrior.9084

To clear the misunderstanding: I’m not “worried” about orichalcum, I just figured I should get started on that and am looking for advice for efficient gathering~

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

T6 mats – laurels and clover production will get you your bulk. They are virtually unfarmable, the rest you will need to buy from the AH

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

To clear the misunderstanding: I’m not “worried” about orichalcum, I just figured I should get started on that and am looking for advice for efficient gathering~

If you want efficiency, don’t focus on orichalchum. That comes along over time when you get loot and salvage it.

For example, focus on getting T6 materials first. You can do this by farming in Cursed Shore for moldy bags. Along the way you will get countless of other items that you can salvage and get orichalchum easily.

Axelwarrior.9084

If you want efficiency, don’t focus on orichalchum. That comes along over time when you get loot and salvage it.

For example, focus on getting T6 materials first. You can do this by farming in Cursed Shore for moldy bags. Along the way you will get countless of other items that you can salvage and get orichalchum easily.

By “farming” in Cursed Shore, are you referring to some kind of event train? I’m not really well informed with the current farming trends.

PS- I just checked the link in your signature and I’m insanely jealous :P