Starter/tutorial areas with World bosses ?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Metrica Province -> Fire Elemental
Caledon Forest -> Jungle Wurm
Queensdale -> Shadow Behemoth
Wayfarer Foothills -> The Frozen Maw

With the current changing of the Starter zones into simplified tutorial zones, imho, their World bosses no longer belong there.

I request to either;
- Remove them from the starter zones
- Move them somewhere else
- Make these world boss events extremely more easy so they will properly reflect the difficulty of the map and the intended player level.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

By the way, it explains why Fire Ele, Maw, Wurm have been severely nerfed back at April Feature patch and have never been buffed since… It was all planned till September.

Behe got a reduced amount of champs and vets AFAIK.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

I don’t agree, further separating the starter maps from the rest of the game will stigmatize them as baby’s first map, rather than fun places to play even at max level. ( I don’t like the separation that has happened already but pushing it further is a poor idea imo )

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

All of the Events in the starter zones are in areas toward the end of the leveled areas. All the bundles etc are back by those levels as well.There is no reason to move them. The Gated changes are literally only the first couple of hearts and everything else from about level 8 as far as I have seen with hearts and stuff is the same.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: crossoverAtt.9680

crossoverAtt.9680

This is an old point of discussion that has been debated many times and probably will continue to be in the future. Or at least until someone posts a video of some Anet personnel bringing down the fire elemental solely by auto-attacking, without condition cleansing, while on level.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I like that they are there, and wish there was more done to point them out. I love world bosses, but missed the one in Queensdale as I was leveling up the first time, and wasn’t aware of them until much, much later in the game. I think the first one I ‘saw’ (using the term loosely, as it died as I was walking by, but got credit for the chest) was Claw, while I happened to be doing the map clear.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

World Bosses? That is just too confusing for new players, perhaps they should not access to them till at least level 80.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: GammaBreaker.9102

GammaBreaker.9102

By the way, it explains why Fire Ele, Maw, Wurm have been severely nerfed back at April Feature patch and have never been buffed since… It was all planned till September.

Behe got a reduced amount of champs and vets AFAIK.

Behemoth also doesn’t drop nearly as many Red Rings of Death.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

i bet they will actually nerf them to veteran mobs… xD

so many nerfed champs already

i loved the “grazden the protector” event in south of ashford
was a perfect event to train dodging a champ that has CLEAR animations and you can dodge easily (obivious ranged projectiles and a big cast animation for a fire storm)

also you could use the terrain (ruins) around to kite and use LoS to win the fight

then they nerfed him to veteran…
but he dies FASTER than trash mobs… WTF
he is in NO way veteran he is a trash mob …
why does he even still has 2 different attacks if he dies instantly from anything anyway?
so boring now

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

World Bosses definitely do not belong in the starter zones anymore. I can’t press F to win.

Maybe they can just revert the starter bosses to how they used to be. Most of them have been buffed over time. But, I remember some of them like Shadow Behemoth being laughably easy. There was no timer, and not all of these portals and adds. You could basically AFK the behemoth’s face to win victory. That’s the kind of boss we need in Queensdale. Why faceroll my keyboard to win when AFK autoattack is better?