Stat availability should be reviewed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aldath.1275

Aldath.1275

Been playing GW2 since HoT came out, in a very, very casual way. I’m mostly a PvE open world kind of guy, but T4 Fractals and Raids get my attention, currently on T2 fracs and working on my agony resistance.

Problem is, for someone who hasn’t time enough to even try crafting, I feel HoT stats are very hard to get compared to core Tyria, and I’m afraid this will happen again with PoF. Most of the new elites are condition based.

Even if I mainly play low level Fractals and open world, the difference between, say, Viper and Rabid/Carrion is very noticeable. During the first PoF demo, I could try both Berserker and Ranger in Rabid, Carrion and Viper gear, and even for open world play, it took too long to kill with core condition gear; Viper got the job done fast and it was fun to play.

With many new combos coming, I just sigh thinking how hard it will be to try new things. You can’t get them with Karma, creating ascended armor is very expensive, and somehow exotic drops with said stats are completely non existent.

It would be nice to get other ways to obtain said gear, as right now the only ways to do so without recurring to incredibly niche methods (achievements and completing HoT with alts for ONE exotic set) are WvW reward tracks and crafting.

It’s quite discouraging to see Anet pushing conditions as the go-to, but still making it hard for casuals to drop in and play, something anyone can do with Berserker gear.

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

yeah i feel kinda the same way… i play casually and don’t craft at all and now 2 expacs deep into gw2 it seems more and more specs will be going the condi route..

which is a shame because i like power.

I feel like i am being punished for not crafting(which i totally hate tbh it’s such a chore) so i bought my gear using karma from temple vendors.

Sometimes though i also bought them from the TP, please at least make hoT and poF stat gear tradeable so i can buy them? or at least some other option like karma.

Unless the new elite specs can also be played with power based gear stats as well as condi then i’m fine with it.

If this is not the case then please don’t lock it all behind crafting, make it available through the TP or karma vendors.

As of right now i feel like only the ones with crafting disciplines up to their 400-500’s have the right to craft and use them.

It feels very VIP to me .. =/ and it puts those that cannot or do not want to craft at a severe disadvantage against enemies because they cannot wear the latest stats.

Berserkers as it seems isn’t as optimal as it used to be either, with most recommending other stat combinations or going condi entirely. But how to change from berserkers gear stats when all other stats are gated behind crafting?

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

releasing HoT stats to dungeons would have been such a nice thing

Perfect would have been 1 new dungeon with HoT
and 1 new dungeon with PoF
so casual players can get the exotic versions of the new stats in a good way

Still hoping anet reconsiders introducing new dungeons one day ^^

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

AncientYs.8613

yep i hope so too :>

adding these new dungeons with a HoT and PoF theme would be reason enough to have HoT and PoF stats as token rewards.

But… i read somewhere that Anet will not add dungeons or change the current ones.

in other words they are finished with dungeons :<

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Yeah, it kind of amazes me how unimportant they consider world dungeons to be. Like, open world content is great and all, but you still need actual dungeons. Even just a new one every once in a while would be phenomenal.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Its not just HoT stat that are hard to get.

There’s alot of stats even in Central Tyria content that are very difficult to suit up with. At best, you can usually manage it through some kind of combination of gold and karma (such as Magi, Rabid, Cavalier,Soldiers), but unless you go for full stat-selectable ascended, you’ll often be making sacrifices and unable to min/max, for example many trinkets lack exotic jewels and must use rare crests.

This has alot with how they added new stats to the game being a huge, inconsistent mess for most of the game’s lifetime. They only started to standardise it around the time of Dry Top and it didn’t really stabilize until HoT.

I suspect that HoT stat combos will not only remain hard to get, but that many interesting Central Tyria combos will also remain unpolished. Also I believe that if you saw everything that CT has to offer (currently only fully visible on the wiki), you’d probably feel that HoT stats aren’t so neccessary unless you specifically need Concentration or Expertise in your build.

I’d like if they did a big revision on all stat combos, like they did with PvP.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: Aldath.1275

Aldath.1275

Its not just HoT stat that are hard to get.

There’s alot of stats even in Central Tyria content that are very difficult to suit up with. At best, you can usually manage it through some kind of combination of gold and karma (such as Magi, Rabid, Cavalier,Soldiers), but unless you go for full stat-selectable ascended, you’ll often be making sacrifices and unable to min/max, for example many trinkets lack exotic jewels and must use rare crests.

This has alot with how they added new stats to the game being a huge, inconsistent mess for most of the game’s lifetime. They only started to standardise it around the time of Dry Top and it didn’t really stabilize until HoT.

I suspect that HoT stat combos will not only remain hard to get, but that many interesting Central Tyria combos will also remain unpolished. Also I believe that if you saw everything that CT has to offer (currently only fully visible on the wiki), you’d probably feel that HoT stats aren’t so neccessary unless you specifically need Concentration or Expertise in your build.

I’d like if they did a big revision on all stat combos, like they did with PvP.

My problem with core Tyria condition builds is that they are too underwhelming when compared to HoT ones, to the point the HoT version simply feels necesary.

With Berserker you get a very good combination of three stats which compliment each other. With stuff like Carrion or Rabid, you get very good condition damage, but really low Power, which is needed to hurt with your weapon attacks as well as with the condition ticks; there’s no stat combo in Core Tyria that grants good damage paired with nice condition, the way Viper does, sacrificing only a bit of each.

I feel the same will happen to zerk builds once Griever comes out, it just feels like they’re updating the stats, thus, creating a gear threadmill, which they promised wouldn’t happen.

AncientYs.8613

yeah from the looks of it they definately are creating a gear treadmill not with the rarity but with the stat combos.

This has got to change or else those who can afford for example marauders will always be more powerful and less likely to die than someone with berserkers.

or perhaps Soldiers versus commanders or sentinels?

the hoT and PoF stat gears just overpower the core Tyria stats by so much it is really not an option to switch to those stats but rather a necessity!

and that is the real treadmill! not the rarity of weapons rare exotics ascended and so on are not the problem here! the stat combos are the main issue!

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

yeah from the looks of it they definately are creating a gear treadmill not with the rarity but with the stat combos.

Yes but core Tyria is free. New stats are one (not only) reason for players to pay for the game.

Consider this – suppose new expansions that you bought for the real money would have WEAKER stat combinations then those you can find for free. How long you think it would take for forum to be filled with complaints from angry players?

It is not the situation where you get 0 stats for free. For some builds core tyria stat combos are playable even today, for some HoT stats are slightly better, and surely for some whatever PoF brings in will be best. Yet, the difference is not huuuuuuge…

AncientYs.8613

Yes but core Tyria is free. New stats are one (not only) reason for players to pay for the game.

Consider this – suppose new expansions that you bought for the real money would have WEAKER stat combinations then those you can find for free. How long you think it would take for forum to be filled with complaints from angry players?

It is not the situation where you get 0 stats for free. For some builds core tyria stat combos are playable even today, for some HoT stats are slightly better, and surely for some whatever PoF brings in will be best. Yet, the difference is not huuuuuuge…

yeah i did buy the game but i’m still not able to get anywhere close to the new stats that HoT and soon PoF will offer.

Just because i don’t level up my crafting disciplines i therefore am unable to get the stats other than the Core Tyria ones that are available through the TP Karma merchants and even as loot.

This is what i think is unfair because the HoT stats aren’t as widely available as the core tyria stats.

If i want sinister or viper etc i must craft or go to silverwastes and get bandit crests or whatever.

Core tyria stats didn’t do this, they were easy to acquire.

So please.. consider changing the way we can get stats.

Even if giving the HoT stats to karma vendors so we can buy them with karma that would be fine too!

Not all of us like crafting or doing WvW for these stats.

Take into consideration the PvE players.

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

So, you want to have these stats sold from NPC and do not want to raise crafting?

In that case I misunderstood you and my last reply was probably way off, sorry about that.

As about maxing crafting, I dunno, it never felt too overwhelming to me. Maybe because it took me over an year to get one maxed. Sure it’s boring and fairly pointless timewaste. I also think raising crafting profession is major goldsink in the game, draining out all those materials and gold players waste.

AncientYs.8613

So, you want to have these stats sold from NPC and do not want to raise crafting?

In that case I misunderstood you and my last reply was probably way off, sorry about that.

As about maxing crafting, I dunno, it never felt too overwhelming to me. Maybe because it took me over an year to get one maxed. Sure it’s boring and fairly pointless timewaste. I also think raising crafting profession is major goldsink in the game, draining out all those materials and gold players waste.

Yes i want the stats to be sold by NPC’s wether it be karma or gold, i mean it could be a goldsink as well right? not being locked behind crafting..

I also have tried to raise my crafting discipline in the past but i found out it was draining all of my gold too quickly and had little reward by doing so.

In fact i found it easier(cheaper) to buy the armor stat right from the TP.

The problem is that the newer stats from HoT do require crafting to be at least at 400 or 500 in order for it to be crafted. I don’t have the patience nor the gold necessary to bring up my crafting discipline that high and i don’t want to tbh.

I would rather spend my gold buying the complete gear set outright from an NPC like it was with karma merchants at the temples in orr.

In my opinion there’s too little meaningful gold sinks that currently exist not counting crafting and they are a gamble, i’m speaking about the mystic forge.

So i propose we add the HoT directly to HoT merchants, maybe spend HoT currency to buy those HoT stat gear(Viper,Maurader etc..) or gold as an alternative. Make us WANT to actually spend our gold and be satisfied with what we have bought.

So in conclusion make other options available to get the newer gear stats. For those of us who don’t craft.

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

They recently made all stat types selectable on glorious and triumphant armors from pvp and wvw. You would have to complete the rewards tracks 6 times for a full set, but you can select any stat type in the game.

AncientYs.8613

They recently made all stat types selectable on glorious and triumphant armors from pvp and wvw. You would have to complete the rewards tracks 6 times for a full set, but you can select any stat type in the game.

ohh.. oh no.. :< PvP T__T .. this sounds enticing that as a reward i get a full set with selectable stats but i’m no good at WvW i’m a casual PvE’r. Thanks for pointing this out for me but it’s not an option.

Edit: i found out that those PvP sets mantioned don’t include HoT stats. I went on Wiki and it only shows core tyria stats.

(edited by AncientYs.8613)

Hesacon.8735

ohh.. oh no.. :< PvP T__T .. this sounds enticing that as a reward i get a full set with selectable stats but i’m no good at WvW i’m a casual PvE’r. Thanks for pointing this out for me but it’s not an option.

Edit: i found out that those PvP sets mantioned don’t include HoT stats. I went on Wiki and it only shows core tyria stats.

The wiki may be outdated, it should be in the patch notes in the last two months.

Hesacon.8735

Found it, it’s buried but ctrl + F the set name.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-August-8-2017-3

AncientYs.8613

The wiki may be outdated, it should be in the patch notes in the last two months.

oh ok.. thanks anyhow. Anet if you are reading this thread.. please take into consideration the ideas i have mentioned.

Posted by: Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

yeah i feel kinda the same way… i play casually and don’t craft at all and now 2 expacs deep into gw2 it seems more and more specs will be going the condi route..

I feel like i am being punished for not crafting(which i totally hate tbh it’s such a chore) so i bought my gear using karma from temple vendors.
(snip)

AncientYs: Take a look at gw2crafts.net. If you don’t like crafting, this site has guides to level crafting professions the fastest, and cheapest. You level it once and only go back to crafting when you want to do something specific – like change stats on your ascended armor to something new. Once you have all the mats, should take you less than an hour to go from 0 to 400 for any of the professions. Should be less than that to go from 400 to 500, but it really is not that bad. With a little bit of thought and research, crafting can make a decent amount of money as well.

As a scribe…believe me, I can understand your point about crafting complexity and being a chore, but the core crafting disciplines aren’t really that bad – though cooking CAN be an annoying pain sometimes…

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’d prefer the current stat system to be scrapped and replaced with a build-your-own solution.

Currently there are about 4 dozen unique names just for L80 stats, not to mention exceptions for trinkets plus new names associated with ascended gear. Currently, you make each stat roughly the same way: patches|dowel + “activator” + bonus mat (ecto for exotics, dark matter for ascended, nothing for greens & blues).

What if instead of vials of blood producing zerker stats, we used blood to produce power bonus, claws for ferocity, and fangs for precision? Zerker’s “activators” would use something like 4 blood for every claw+fang, while Diviner would use 3 blood, 3 freshwater pearls for every claw+fang.

ANet could restrict stat availability to owners of expacs by restricting which “activator” recipes we could learn.

This allows ANet complete flexibility to offer all sorts of stats, removes the necessity for players to care much about memorizing names, and create a more interesting market, since nearly all of the “fine” materials would be of interest for some stats.

The current system was fine for 2012, but it never was a good model for growing the number or diversity of stat combinations.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

AncientYs.8613

(snip)

AncientYs: Take a look at gw2crafts.net. If you don’t like crafting, this site has guides to level crafting professions the fastest, and cheapest. You level it once and only go back to crafting when you want to do something specific – like change stats on your ascended armor to something new. Once you have all the mats, should take you less than an hour to go from 0 to 400 for any of the professions. Should be less than that to go from 400 to 500, but it really is not that bad. With a little bit of thought and research, crafting can make a decent amount of money as well.

As a scribe…believe me, I can understand your point about crafting complexity and being a chore, but the core crafting disciplines aren’t really that bad – though cooking CAN be an annoying pain sometimes…

i did use gw2crafts.net to initially level up my jeweler discipline just so i can quickly level up my character.

But i’m not looking to crafting because it’s boring.. and i hate to level up my crafts just to craft an armor with the stat i want/need.

plus i would need to go out in the world and farm materials which is a major downer for me..

I just wish Anet would finally make HoT available to acess through karma vendors or the TP.

I seriously don’t like that they are gated behind crafting and WvW/PvP.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Even if I mainly play low level Fractals and open world, the difference between, say, Viper and Rabid/Carrion is very noticeable.

Isn’t that a bit like comparing apples with oranges? Viper’s is a full offensive stat set, where rabid and carrion both bring defensive stats. Have you tried comparing viper’s with rampager’s or sinister’s? That would be the proper comparison I think, as both are full offensive, with sinister’s a bit heavier on condition damage, but rampager’s easier to aquire.

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

I agree that there should be some alternative way to obtain HoT stat combos. While getting a crafting profession to 400 isn’t hard or costly (depending on how fast you want it), it can certainly be boring and monotonous. If someone prefers to spend their game time doing open world PvE, why not let them work their way towards obtaining HoT stat combos while they’re at it?

If you’re going to throw them on a vendor, I’d say make that vendor fairly exclusive. HoT stat combos are meant to perform better at their intended role than CT ones (e.g., Viper’s is supposed to be better for offensive Condi damage than anything CT offers), or to provide a bit of flexibility where there was none before (e.g., Marauder’s being decently offensive while padding that health orb). Allowing people to buy them from the first NPC they find in Verdant Brink wouldn’t be appropriate. Lock the vendor behind Masteries, achievements, or zone-specific currency. Maybe tokens as well, like how Chak Eggs are required to buy Chak weapons.

Alternatively, remove the account-bound restriction and allow people to put HoT stat items on the TP. Of course, put a note in the tooltip (or, even better, an automatic search filter) that says, “You must own the Heart of Thorns expansion to use this item”.

On a separate but related note, I’d love if tooltips included the prefix name (even on trinkets) just below the rarity.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

(edited by Corax.7381)

AncientYs.8613

I agree that there should be some alternative way to obtain HoT stat combos. While getting a crafting profession to 400 isn’t hard or costly (depending on how fast you want it), it can certainly be boring and monotonous. If someone prefers to spend their game time doing open world PvE, why not let them work their way towards obtaining HoT stat combos while they’re at it?

If you’re going to throw them on a vendor, I’d say make that vendor fairly exclusive. HoT stat combos are meant to perform better at their intended role than CT ones (e.g., Viper’s is supposed to be better for offensive Condi damage than anything CT offers), or to provide a bit of flexibility where there was none before (e.g., Marauder’s being decently offensive while padding that health orb). Allowing people to buy them from the first NPC they find in Verdant Brink wouldn’t be appropriate. Lock the vendor behind Masteries, achievements, or zone-specific currency. Maybe tokens as well, like how Chak Eggs are required to buy Chak weapons.

Alternatively, remove the account-bound restriction and allow people to put HoT stat items on the TP. Of course, put a note in the tooltip (or, even better, an automatic search filter) that says, “You must own the Heart of Thorns expansion to use this item”.

On a separate but related note, I’d love if tooltips included the prefix name (even on trinkets) just below the rarity.

+1

good ideas overall :> anything to make HoT stats available to PvE players without the need to craft.