Stat combo: power, ferocity, condition damage

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ryu.8673

Ryu.8673

Is there anyone else that would like to see this stat combo? I want a full damage necro, but precision doesn’t seem like a good stat on it, the necro has tons of condi’s and if those reaper traits that were shown make it into the game then then necro can get 100% crit chance while in shroud, without any precision, making any precision armour ineffective, and precision is in all of the full damage stat combo’s

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Probably won’t be added since it would be OP.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

yes it would be overpowered for rangers , since we can By pass Crit hits through Fury appliaction and Remoreless using opening strikes with two-handed training +skirmishing to gain and fast dps through quick draw + Bleeds on crits from both pet and ranger with Moment of clairty adding 150% extra damage ,.

those three stats make any hybrid build Super powerful right now.

maybe Ferocity , toughness and condition damage though i don’t think may other classes will get use out of it , maybe necros / rangers / P+P thiefs , Condi bleed Warroirs since those classes and gain Crit hits from traits.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

Varezenem.2813

Well even with his example reaper and possibly necro it would be OP. Imagine a condi reaper with it.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

I’m more for changing the nature of Ferocity, so it doesn’t insanely scale the way it does, and makes it less interdependent on Prec and Pow to do its basic function.

Ryu.8673

I’ll never understand why people always complain about things being “OP” (especially when you’re just theory crafting). In pvp I play mostly a zerker thief, and I have destroyed condi thiefs, and have been destroyed by them as well, the same with zerker thiefs. At least 90% of your performance in game is about how well you play with your setup, not what you’re setup is. That being said, are some builds better than others? Yeah. Are condi’s good now? Hell yeah. Should you be scared of a power, ferocity, condi ranger? Also yes, but he’ll have to be scared of you as well because he’ll be glass, the same with a zerker ranger. The only difference that I can see with another stat combo, is requiring another playstyle, as well as another counter-playstyle.

Zenos Osgorma.2936

too true but back to my comment,i explained why it most likely going to be “op” with the way rangers can trait now we can easly go with 0% crit hits and end up with 50% upkeep of opening strikes which will 100% crit always.

and that plus power, ferocity , condi damage just gives ranger even more power Higher than the current Zerker , because they will gain a lot of condi damage for free.

now add in the factor of the pet which can be traited to do Longer bleeds+pets attacks cause bleeding also while your crits gain the pet might , by using Wilderness , Marksman and beastmastery.

its not just one set of traits adding this to the game will give any class the Benifit of extra condi damage without giving up somthing else because precision can be replaced through traits though the choice of weapons would be limited.

but down to its core is , its a power creep with the current traits.

now imagine Burning Guardain with P,F,C stats and trinkets of P,P,C(rampager)

unless you propose a counter Stat set to P,F,C.
for example

V,H,C extra hp , higher healing power to counter a good portion of DoT’s and Condi stat as those work strongly vs glass builds due to most having low Hp it DoT’s on the V,h,c set are effective while using CC’s.

Posted by: LittleAussieMozzie.7425

LittleAussieMozzie.7425

no way this stat combination would ever be “op” precision virtually always trumps ferocity.

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Only necro and maybe ele with those arcane skills could make use of it. It seems way too niche.

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

no way this stat combination would ever be “op” precision virtually always trumps ferocity.

That’s just not true. There are various ways to do critical hits without using precision. That’s why it would be overpowered to have this stat combination.

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

Necros would certainly like it :p

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Definetly on engi

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Varezenem.2813

There are quite a few professions with trait choices that allow them to get a critical hit percentage similar ( and sometimes better ) than zerker without putting a single point into precision.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Ryu.8673

too true but back to my comment,i explained why it most likely going to be “op” with the way rangers can trait now we can easly go with 0% crit hits and end up with 50% upkeep of opening strikes which will 100% crit always.

and that plus power, ferocity , condi damage just gives ranger even more power Higher than the current Zerker , because they will gain a lot of condi damage for free.

now add in the factor of the pet which can be traited to do Longer bleeds+pets attacks cause bleeding also while your crits gain the pet might , by using Wilderness , Marksman and beastmastery.

its not just one set of traits adding this to the game will give any class the Benifit of extra condi damage without giving up somthing else because precision can be replaced through traits though the choice of weapons would be limited.

for example

V,H,C extra hp , higher healing power to counter a good portion of DoT’s and Condi stat as those work strongly vs glass builds due to most having low Hp it DoT’s on the V,h,c set are effective while using CC’s.

Okay, so let me just understand you correctly, you want to use a greatsword to grant you a chance on fury, that will give you a garanteed crit on you’re next attack? And you want to do it while building full glass? If you got the skill to stay alive when running that then go for it! XD ‘m really not interested in an argument in theory crafting, but I will say this, this exploit that you are talking about, it’s in the game right now, a ranger can right now go power toughness ferocity, or power vitality ferocity effectively having zerker damage while being tanky at the same time. Also I assume that you’ll need some other condition applying utility skills, since relying only on your pet to apply condtions would be pretty ineffective, and the greatsword doesn’t have any conditions on it. So basically, you’ll be forced to stay melee, or else you’ll loose all the benefits you get from ferocity, and you’ll need to take at least one or two condition applying utility skills, or else you’re condition damage output will be pretty weak, which will leave you with only one or two defensive utilities. All in all you’ll be SUPER squishy, but yes your damage will be “OP”. But here’s the thing, you’ll need a MASSIVE amount of skill to be able to stay alive long enough to use this build effectively, and if you have the skill to that….well, that’s exactly what it I was getting at before, 90% of this game is skill XD.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

if you’re going to try and rely on Death Perception for crits then there’s no point going condi necro as Dhuumfire is a terrible trait right now, shroud has terrible condi application, and I strongly suspect reaper shroud condi will also be crap.

Hybrid builds might seem like a good idea in theory but they really, really aren’t except in one or two very niche cases

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Ryu.8673

A thief could also have a nice hybrid build using these stats. If you go into deadly strikes, and take the grandmaster trait that gives you 100% chance to critical strike from stealth, basically if you use caltrops, and a d/d setup, you can be a pretty good team fighter, or point defender. Throwing your caltrops on the point, and spamming death blossom and stacking bleed. But a thief almost only has bleeds, what if the person im fighting has a lot of condtion removal? Well then you might not want to try and 1v1 him XD. A nice advantage that something like this has is that hits multiple targets, while death blossom gives you a brief evade for just a bit more survivability, and the reason for the ferocity is when you see a low heath person, pop some stealth, and use backstab to down him, before entering the fray again. I would not recommend trying to execute a stop after that, since you’ll be revealed and trying to execute a stomp as a full glass thief, in a teamfight, while being revealed, well that’s just asking for trouble.

Zenos Osgorma.2936

for example

Okay, so let me just understand you correctly, you want to use a greatsword to grant you a chance on fury, that will give you a garanteed crit on you’re next attack? And you want to do it while building full glass? If you got the skill to stay alive when running that then go for it! XD ‘m really not interested in an argument in theory crafting, but I will say this, this exploit that you are talking about, it’s in the game right now, a ranger can right now go power toughness ferocity, or power vitality ferocity effectively having zerker damage while being tanky at the same time. Also I assume that you’ll need some other condition applying utility skills, since relying only on your pet to apply condtions would be pretty ineffective, and the greatsword doesn’t have any conditions on it. So basically, you’ll be forced to stay melee, or else you’ll loose all the benefits you get from ferocity, and you’ll need to take at least one or two condition applying utility skills, or else you’re condition damage output will be pretty weak, which will leave you with only one or two defensive utilities. All in all you’ll be SUPER squishy, but yes your damage will be “OP”. But here’s the thing, you’ll need a MASSIVE amount of skill to be able to stay alive long enough to use this build effectively, and if you have the skill to that….well, that’s exactly what it I was getting at before, 90% of this game is skill XD.

marksman,skirmishing,beastmastery/nature magic.
Remorelsess + fury sources = 100% crit chance from opening strikes which means you only need 15-20% crit hits to maintain a good amount of damage between fury application.

Bleeds on skirmishing + PFC gear = more extra damage for ranger because he is now able to take condi stats without sacrificing.
pets will sustain those bleed stacks untill the Ranger tops it up increasing the stack size.

rangers are not like other classes they can making the impossible possible through theory crafting and desgining builds effectively and also what my comment was " against the idea and only proposed a Counter Balance" and once again people are only focusing on the Damage protion of the game..ps the Exploit? i didn’t even mention a exploit.. its not a Exploit , grab your ranger and try again.

Ryu.8673

if you’re going to try and rely on Death Perception for crits then there’s no point going condi necro as Dhuumfire is a terrible trait right now, shroud has terrible condi application, and I strongly suspect reaper shroud condi will also be crap.

Hybrid builds might seem like a good idea in theory but they really, really aren’t except in one or two very niche cases

The necro thing is what I would to do in PVE, not so much PVP, you can stack some serious condi’s on a target, getting the bonus 50% crit from 25 stacks of vulnerability from the upcoming the reaper trait (If it makes it into the final build) for some extra damage while you’re out of death shroud. Then while you’re skills are on cooldown, pop shroud with death perception for a 100% crit chance while in shroud and just auto for a while and let you’re 1 minute bleed an various other conditions do damage until your normal skills are off cooldown.

This should work very nicely for bosses, not so much on mobs, and it probably wouldn’t work very well in pvp either. We know the reaper will be slow, and if you use a build like this that takes a bit of time to get damage out, while being immobile and squishy, while relying on shroud for you’re offence and defense, well I would probably die before getting all om my skills of cooldown. So if we see this stat combo in game, I probably wouldn’t use it on a reaper in pvp, but I would LOVE to have it pve.

Ryu.8673

for example

Remorelsess + fury sources = 100% crit chance from opening strikes which means you only need 15-20% crit hits to maintain a good amount of damage between fury application.

Bleeds on skirmishing + PFC gear = more extra damage for ranger because he is now able to take condi stats without sacrificing.
pets will sustain those bleed stacks untill the Ranger tops it up increasing the stack size.

rangers are not like other classes they can making the impossible possible through theory crafting and desgining builds effectively and also what my comment was " against the idea and only proposed a Counter Balance" and once again people are only focusing on the Damage protion of the game..ps the Exploit? i didn’t even mention a exploit.. its not a Exploit , grab your ranger and try again.

I’m not going to argue with you, you think it’ll be op, I think it’ll be just like any other build. Thank you, have a nice day

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

And i want another fun one: precision, condition damage and ferocity… This is very niche, it would be for a condi mesmer who still want good reflect damage.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Warriors can get 50% crit chance without any precision. So yes, this could have the potential to be OP.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

for example

I’m not going to argue with you, you think it’ll be op, I think it’ll be just like any other build. Thank you, have a nice day

The years of “nerf zerker” threads in the forums and mentality behind people there begs to differ.

A new stat combination can very well be “overpowered”. We currently have 25 stat combinations, and only some very few are considered “viable”.

As mentioned, many classes have ways of achieving high or at least intermediate crit ranges without any precision.

This is much less a pvp stat disscussion than a pve one. And there highest damage wins. Period.

Ryu.8673

[/quote]

I’ve looked at your suggestion today (because ranger pvp winner daily), two-handed training has a cooldown of 10s….(not sure if this was only added today) So yeah, you get 100% crit chance, once every 10 seconds. If you take wilderness survival though, you can get fury everytime you use a survival skill, as well as survival skills then remove condi’s and have a reduced recharge, which is nice, but their cooldowns are a bit long to use as persistent damage supplement. The highest damage output I can get (with my limited knowledge or ranger) is to use hit bash (to get attack of opportunity [+50% damage on your next attack], this 50% damage doesn’t seem to crit) and then to use a survival skill (to regain opening strike), and then use maul, which results in about 5000 damage for cavalier amulet [900 power, 1200 toughness, 900 ferocity] , and 6500 damage with Valkyrie amulet [1200 power, 900 vitality, 900 ferocity]. This damage is pretty okay, and if you always use your opening strike combo with maul, then you can do a 3800 – 4500 nuke very 4.5 seconds, while adding vulnerability, which is pretty okay as well.

As far as condition damage output goes, the bleeds and things that your pet applies scale of your pets condition damage…and every pet has zero condition damage by default, and with how condition damage now works, this does very little damage. Now also take into account that the traits that apply bleeding for your pet, only apply bleeding on crit. Using the lynx (that has a skill that applies bleeding, and high precision), your pet can apply about 9 stacks of bleeding, (again using wilderness survival, to give your pet 300 condition damage) that does about 900 damage per second. Regarding the rangers condition damage, using 1200 condition damage, with axe and torch (which seem to apply the most condition damage for a ranger), as well as survival skills, you can stack some pretty intense damage.

Using both my and my pet and myself with a carrion amulet (power, vitality, condition damage) with axe and torch, I can kill the heavy golum in about 6-7 seconds, if I blow my whole kit (using split blade, throw torch, bonfire, bleeding stones, and entagle and persistent auto attacks), which is actually pretty good I think, but it’s on a target that doesn’t evade, nor removes conditions. Note, I did not even bother to time how long it takes to kill that golum with power and ferocity alone, because it’s just too dam long, if you used power, ferocity, condition damage gear you would only use the power and ferocity combo for a few nukes with the greatsword, before switching to axe torch for some persistant condition damge.

Now here’s why this isn’t not be op, with a zerker thief, I can burst that golum in about 2 seconds flat, using only one utility skill. A power, ferocity, condition damage ranger could potentially do the same, but it wont be op, it’ll just be as strong as zerker has been for the last 3 years…. To tell the truth I really like this condition damage thing on ranger…. now I really want power, ferocity, condition damage stats in the game, because I want to play my ranger like this too! So I must thank you for forcing me to go take a good hard look at the rangers skills.

P.s. the first definition of the word “exploit” when you google it is “make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)”, I wasn’t implying that it was some bug that can be misused, it’s a resource put in the game that is meant to be used.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

blah…blah…blah… my profession can do “x”. How about plain ole’ Intelligence Sigil anyone?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Thief and Mesmer can achieve something similar already with with sinister/rampager gear, a couple choice traits, and Ferocity runes. Really though, this is nothing different than what dungeon speed runners have been doing for ages with full Zerker+might stacks (ie condi damage), to much better effect I might add.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

As for PvP/Necro, I’ve got my eyes on Crusader’s ammy with BM/SR/Reaper or Sp/Cur/Reap. O.O Can’t wait to give it a go.

(edited by Tman.6349)

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Okay we will have buids then with Max power, max ferocity and minor condition dmg at 100% crit….

SO we will have might stacking builds with inteligence which will reach ~1750 condition damage and 3500 power with maximum ferocity? effectively making those 3500 more then double? 7700 power in effect? (100% crit with 220% the dmg on crit?)

I have my warrior and necro on might stacking sinister builds: ~3000 power and 2000 condition damage and when at max might I am able to battle several ppl at once due to the pressure…. If I compare the numbers: 3000 power with 50% crit chance and 50% crit dmg added effectively I end up with 3750 power…

If I look at these values it ‘ll be easy to say it’s the highest damage, poblem is only builds with a guranteed crit chance will be affected (precision from other attributes, guaranteed crit chance from weapon traits or things like death perception would make this SO OP…

imagine:
P/F/C
0-100% crit chance, 220% crit dmg, 3500 power, 1600 condition dmg
Zerk:
50-70(-100)% crit chance 220% crit dmg 3750 power
Sinister
50-70%(-100)% crit chance 50% crit dmg, 2850 power , 2000 condition dmg…

The only thing against your proposal is the fact most condition based weapons do not real DPS… (IMHO the autoattacks do not do any worthwhile dmg… Of course this could mean the DPS could be first after the switch and the condition attacks would be used until next swap…)

I cannot see why this would be a big gain for the game tbh… If it becomes meta, it will be a high dps/dot combination with no chances for enemies to remove boons ….. 3 hits at 100% crit could be crippling…. and all hits inbetween would be to stack conditions… so The goal would be simple, user drains some life using conditions closes, switches to DPS setup and has 3 hits for maximum DPS ingame to kill his/her enemy,

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

We currently have 25 stat combinations, and only some very few are considered “viable”.

Stats are just stats. Without traits, utilities, and weapon choices they’re just stats. Once you throw in the other three you have builds (some might even argue skill/utitility roation is equally as important). When you start talking builds is when something is “viable” or not. Now, Every single one of the builds is “viable”. Every. Single. One. You can use any build and complete any content. Really. Now, if you are talking about what is “optimal” there can be only one… but then that depends on the goal what “optimal” is referring to. My personal goal is to complete content as quickly as possible as I find this fun and I find it fun to get loot. Would I use Pow/Fer/Condi Dam? Maybe. Depends on if it was optimal to my goals or not.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

This would be a good combo with a rampagers set paired with it

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)