State of game isn't right now

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Sorry to see the state the game in now, the game was easy before now it’s just a joke.
Anet’s idea of balance, breaking professions like thief that wasn’t broken and just over powering everything. I’ve seen Anet respond with plans to double hit points on everything to make up for their poor balance, huh?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The open world was always too easy. Apparently the explorable paths of AC are harder though. Maybe you should stop trying to find your difficulty in world bosses and the open world?

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

My issue with ‘making things harder’ is the risk vs reward system is completely broken now. Loot now needs to be overhauled, and I just don’t see that happening. Why spend double the time killing X boss, running X dung path, …ect, for the same rewards before the patch. It was already a horrible risk v reward system before, its just a whole lot worse now. And if they do not plan on addressing it, I for one won’t be around for HoT.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: Eleazyair.5716

Eleazyair.5716

I am enjoying GW2 WAY more than I did prior to the patch. The new trait system is spot on. The world bosses have gotten a boost in difficulty which is excellent. I have 4 or 5 different builds that I swap between when I want to change something up or fight a fight in another way. GW2 is a LOT better than it was.

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

they’ve actually been doing it like this since gw1 – every time some feature or area becomes particularly popular, they do things to ‘fix’ it……not sure why, but it is a pattern.. it’s like you start out playing poker, but somehow the rules changed so much, you end up playing old maid. Then they announce black jack down the hall, and you end up playing gin rummy. then they say checkers in the next room, and you end up playing dodgeball with the chips. This is simply a game for the rationally challenged. It makes perfect sense if you don’t think about it.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Posted by: Mordalus.8146

Mordalus.8146

I like the scope of what they’ve done but the professions are so unbalanced now that it’s laughable. Almost every game mode is currently broken because of balance issues. The only mode still playable is the personal story but even that is more faceroll than normal now. I’m hoping they get this dialed in before the xpac drops. But so far, they are not engendering any confidence.

Doubling hit points to make world bosses tougher does not take much thought not does it make it more challenging; just more time consuming (except for maybe TT and Teq). Come on Anet you can do better than that!

Hoping they straighten out the mess soon. I’m growing weary of the personal story.

Posted by: Mordalus.8146

Mordalus.8146

My issue with ‘making things harder’ is the risk vs reward system is completely broken now. Loot now needs to be overhauled, and I just don’t see that happening. Why spend double the time killing X boss, running X dung path, …ect, for the same rewards before the patch. It was already a horrible risk v reward system before, its just a whole lot worse now. And if they do not plan on addressing it, I for one won’t be around for HoT.

This so much! But Anet’s response to boosting rewards is providing another box that rewards 3 greens and a blue instead of 2 greens and a blue. Unique rewards are where it’s at for me and there’s little of that in the game unless it’s tied to gold sinks.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I agree, game is a joke with all this focus on sPvP and ignoring everything else!

(hey, that was fun to write )

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Gerrand.3085

Gerrand.3085

How does one kill the current greatsword/hammer warrior? While I’m not dying to them, a whole lot of squishies I’ve played with get swatted constantly – and its impossible to catch the things with the double, unhindered, escape -.-

Also, I like playing around with a minion based necro. Paladins seem able to out heal a full complement of minions while poisoned. Thats definitely new.

I feel that certain builds are much stronger now then any of the previous peak builds were. Fine if you conform to a peak build, but a far larger percentage of builds have become literal death traps.