Statue Back in Lion's Arch?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jeskelech.4152

Jeskelech.4152

Ok it makes sense, a new statue in LA, but why is the new statue the old statue?

I mean a lot has happened, sure it got destroyed by the Mad King, and then there was a Karka attack.

My question is then, why didn’t you rebuild the statue in a new form, for instance the Lion finishing off a Karka?

Lion’s Arch suffered some, and the perseverance of the city might be worth illustrating, rather than just rebuilding the old one.

Looking at the building site for a month was sort of leaving us in suspense, well leaving me in suspense at least for what was going to be there.

I hadn’t imagined that the old statue would just be plugged back in, that was sort of disappointing.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m glad to have it back, I like that statue.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

My question is then, why didn’t you rebuild the statue in a new form, for instance the Lion finishing off a Karka?

Ha ha ha ha! While the meaning behind that symbol would definitely be appropriate, the visual of a lion wrestling a giant crab is one of the weirdest images ever! :-P

To be honest, though, the Karka event was neat while it was happening — but in the long run, it’s just this single event that went nowhere in the long run. Kind of mediocre, in the grand scheme of things. Also, not everyone remembers the Karka event with fondness (if at all).

In terms of RP politics and storyline, can you imagine if the city endorsed the infamy of anyone who did significant damage to Lion’s Arch? Blow up the statue, and then they rebuild it as a statue of you? If nothing else, the Separatists might take it as an invitation to terrorism.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I for one wanted the symbol of the city back just the way it was. However, it would be a great idea to have a memorial statue for the Karka too.

Posted by: HunterFox.2578

HunterFox.2578

Maybe they’ll have plans to errect another statue when the story line evolves a bit more. Considering the ancient karka is sitting in a lava pit that opened up at its defeat, maybe primordius will make a showing.

Point is, there’s need for more story lore to eventually build something to memorialize it. Maybe even a special graveyard for those pact warriors who died in the story missions. :P

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

It will just be destroyed again next halloween. So why bother making something new :p

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

This would indeed be a great idea – maybe not necessarily replacing the statue itself, but what about this – build additional smaller statues either on the edges around the place – or start a “memory lane” and build statues along a road – with a little plate up front that people can read.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Because the developer who created that statue put too much work into it to remove/change it :P

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Like guys that was designing statue said when it was removed, he put alot of time and devotion in creating that statue. Why should his effort be laid to waste?

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

I like the lion, I just wish it didn’t look like cheap plaster with some gold leafing on it.

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

Ok it makes sense, a new statue in LA, but why is the new statue the old statue?

I mean a lot has happened, sure it got destroyed by the Mad King, and then there was a Karka attack.

Lion’s Arch suffered some, and the perseverance of the city might be worth illustrating, rather than just rebuilding the old one.

Looking at the building site for a month was sort of leaving us in suspense, well leaving me in suspense at least for what was going to be there.

I hadn’t imagined that the old statue would just be plugged back in, that was sort of disappointing.

Yeah, they really should have built something new.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I like the lion, I just wish it didn’t look like cheap plaster with some gold leafing on it.

But that is what it is. Steel frame, something plastered on it. It was vident during the rebuilding.