Stealth Nerf - Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Porterhouse.6304

Porterhouse.6304

I log in today and notice that my low-level alt cannot use the Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic anymore. It seems that there is now a level 15 requirement on the item.

Any reason why for this? I know that limitation wasn’t there before. And heck, it’s really not that hard to even get to level 15.

But what was the reasoning behind this stealth nerf? Were the level 1-14 character’s too overpowered without those 32 copper Crude Salvage Kit’s? I’m curious to the reason behind this little game change.

It’s kind of an odd thing to put a level requirement on a store-bought item like that.

Posted by: sharkstein.2109

sharkstein.2109

I don’t find it weird at all, the only level requierement you don’t have is to use the Gem Store.

“Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness”.
— Every heartbroken Guild Wars fan on GW2

Posted by: Porterhouse.6304

Porterhouse.6304

I don’t find it weird at all…

You don’t find it weird that a low level trivial item suddenly has a level requirement that it didn’t have before?

…the only level requierement you don’t have is to use the Gem Store.

Like how all the Gem Store harvesting tools, skins, mini-pets, boosters, ect don’t have a level requirement? (Yet…?)

Curious, but what other gem store items DO come with a level requirement?

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

I actually bought an extra one before the patch for the mere purpose of giving it to alts I create after the patch to check out the new leveling experience.
Now, that’s an experience!

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

That is odd…I have one, but didn’t use it on my character I started just to check out the leveling system. Hmmm might have to check it out.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

Yeah if this is true, that’s just messed up. I already own 3, and I bought 3 more when they were on sale specifically to use on alts from when I first created them. There was no level requirement listed when I bought them.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Open a support ticket and demand a refund for the changed functionality of the item. They’ll oblige or inform you that this was a bug that they’re going to fix, but either way you’ll win.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

I think salvaging might be unlocked at level 15, especially since it would overwhelm new players.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Open a support ticket and demand a refund for the changed functionality of the item. They’ll oblige or inform you that this was a bug that they’re going to fix, but either way you’ll win.

I would, but I like my salvage-o-matic and don’t want a refund. Maybe I’ll check in the bugs…

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I think salvaging might be unlocked at level 15, especially since it would overwhelm new players.

With this trend……..this really could happen.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

No. I made a new char after the patch and salvaged stuff at level 1 in the starter instance. I was using crude salvage kits though, I didn’t try the copper-fed kit.

I think the level requirement is the level you get a notification in game about salvaging. They removed salvage kits from the low level vendors but if you already have them you can use them.

Posted by: nachtnyx.7860

nachtnyx.7860

When I saw the thread title I thought this was about how the sound effects for the Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic were removed this patch. Still hoping that’s a bug.

But more to the topic of the thread, I’ve seen reports that some people were unable to salvage under level 15. I didn’t run into this myself and was able to use crude kits at level 12, but I didn’t try my Copper-Fed, or any higher salvage kit. That would be very interesting if they level-locked the salvage kits.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

When I saw the thread title I thought this was about how the sound effects for the Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic were removed this patch. Still hoping that’s a bug.

But more to the topic of the thread, I’ve seen reports that some people were unable to salvage under level 15. I didn’t run into this myself and was able to use crude kits at level 12, but I didn’t try my Copper-Fed, or any higher salvage kit. That would be very interesting if they level-locked the salvage kits.

Interesting I also had no problem with salvage kits under level 12. I wonder if those having problems have any level 80s.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Bit annoyed that the item I bought using real money has a level restriction when it’s for a basic game function.

Let me guess, people who buy from the item mall can’t handle the complexity of salvaging, so it had to be gated behind a barrier.

My nub is level 11 now, and has 4 18 slot bags full to bursting with stuff that I can’t salvage due to the level requirement

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Ok. I logged into the game to play a bit on my level 6 char and yes, the copper-fed does have a notification that it requires you to be level 15 to use. My Mystic, Basic and Crude salvage kits do not have a level requirement, just the gem store item.

Posted by: duckideva.6358

duckideva.6358

Wow, that’s crazy pants. I didn’t realize they were gating gem bought items.

Cruella LaDucki: Have corpses, will travel
Torwynd Trueheart: Here I come to save the day!
NSP – Quak Resident Duchess L’Orange

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Seens that anet consider all low-lv players dumb as a kitten. Low lvls can’t make anything anymoer in this game. Next step is lock pvp beyond level 20 and wxw beyond lv 30.

“Soon”.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Hmmm…. I’ll have to go check this now… I have one of these, though I tend to carry it on my 80s rather than my alts.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I log in today and notice that my low-level alt cannot use the Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic anymore. It seems that there is now a level 15 requirement on the item.

Any reason why for this? I know that limitation wasn’t there before. And heck, it’s really not that hard to even get to level 15.

But what was the reasoning behind this stealth nerf? Were the level 1-14 character’s too overpowered without those 32 copper Crude Salvage Kit’s? I’m curious to the reason behind this little game change.

It’s kind of an odd thing to put a level requirement on a store-bought item like that.

Obviously Anet decided alt’s can’t handle such an option, it is too confusing for your low level characters. They simply can’t handle the options overload. It was done for their own good and protection, you see.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Tarnsman.8092

Tarnsman.8092

Mind boggling…

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Yeah, I can confirm that my copper fed salvage o matic cannot be used under level 15 now. I cannot even begin to comprehend how this could be an unintended bug, but I also don’t understand how it was seen as a good idea, so…

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?