Stealth and minis

Stealth and minis

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

With the new and major changes that just happened to GW2 there is one thing i’m still very upset about. As an adorable little asuran thief with a green froggy hat, I am unable to use any mini pets during combat. When I stealth, my mini is still visible and will follow me allowing my enemies to track me and try to take away my little green froggy hat, and I don’t like it!

Stealth and minis

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Stop giving away the secret to finding thieves while they are in stealth!!! I actually laugh when I see classes that use stealth yet still have minis on. I just decided to turn them off when I’m on a profession that uses stealth.

Yes a fix would be to stealth minis as well and I agree it is something that should be done seeing as you spent your gems on something that you can only use with classes that don’t have stealth. Well you can still use them but it is easier to be followed like you pointed out.

Will say that minis take up resources. If you do lots of WvW you will notice at times all minis get hidden when there are lots of players around. Lots of people complain about the lag in WvW and are probably following around zergs of players that use minis. Not always the case but some seem to forget that the more stuff that is on your screen, the more your game has to do to see them.

Not saying they should remove minis from WvW but I’m sure if they did players would notice a difference. They removed toys from WvW and I’m still sad about that LOL

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Stealth and minis

Posted by: Nordstroem.1870

Nordstroem.1870

Aren’t mini’s kind of silly anyway? Why do you want a mindless miniature person following you around? Especially in combat.

(edited by Nordstroem.1870)

Stealth and minis

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

Aren’t mini’s kind of silly anyway? Why do you want a mindless miniature person following you around? Especially in combat.

Do not mock the Cat of Darkness! :O

Minis are a kind of fluff that many players like. Sure, a pet rock is silly, but my necro has a very good reason to have one (doesn’t talk back and doesn’t die or get maimed in lab explosions like fleshy krewemates). And having an army of different cats following my characters is just plain adorable :>

It’s annoying that I have to uncheck the box all the time. Stealthing them when you stealth, like ranger pets, would be the easiest option. Please?

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Stealth and minis

Posted by: Nordstroem.1870

Nordstroem.1870

Minis are a kind of fluff that many players like. Sure, a pet rock is silly, but my necro has a very good reason to have one (doesn’t talk back and doesn’t die or get maimed in lab explosions like fleshy krewemates). And having an army of different cats following my characters is just plain adorable :>

It’s annoying that I have to uncheck the box all the time. Stealthing them when you stealth, like ranger pets, would be the easiest option. Please?

Minis are just the kind of fluff that breaks my immersion, unfortunately. Sure, my ranger has a Geodulf following her along with her pet wolf, but the tiny people are just ridiculous. I would very much like the option to hide other people’s minis from my view.