Steam Controller?

Steam Controller?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Q:

So, I’ve had friends play GW2 with controllers (gamepads) before and I tried it myself. It’s a lot of fun unless you need to use an AoE attack which you place. For classes like Warrior, it changes the entire feel of the game and makes it feel more action-based.

The Steam Controller has its track-wheel, which can behave like a mouse (sorta). This would make it possible to play an Elementalist, for example, using a controller.

I do know the Steam Controller takes a lot of “getting used to” and it can be difficult to work with. But I want to know:

1) Does anyone use a Steam Controller for playing GW2?
2) If so, how do you like it, and how does it make the game feel?

Steam Controller?

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

I’ve done it before, but you have to run in action camera. Normal mouse and keyboard is far, far, far superior to gamepad in guildwars2. If you’re casually playing pve or wvw it will work as intended, but for anything remotely competitive or serious, use your mouse and keyboard.

Here’s what I run.

1. My Left Alt (Back button) is bound to toggling action camera, so you can control the mouse for use in inventory, map, etc.
2. My H (Start button) is bound to hero as is normal.
3. My left track pad is bound to my f skills – due to me playing ranger main.
(edit)4. Double tapping a direction dodges.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

(edited by UnitedChaos.8364)

Steam Controller?

AegisRunestone.8672

Good advice. I probably won’t get a steam controller for quite some time because I’m very poor.

Anyone else?

Steam Controller?

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Good advice. I probably won’t get a steam controller for quite some time because I’m very poor.

Anyone else?

It’s actually on sale right now for the summer sale. The link is quite a steal too if you want to play on your couch .

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Steam Controller?

AegisRunestone.8672

Anyone else?

It’s actually on sale right now for the summer sale. The link is quite a steal too if you want to play on your couch .

Dang it. I missed that.