Still Relevant?

Still Relevant?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: KaiiKittie.5263

KaiiKittie.5263

So the new expansion is coming very shortly, new content and such is on its way. My question is simple, for those of us who don’t have/cant buy it, are we still going to be relevant? Examples being, pvp? If we do not have these new abilities are we at disadvantage? Or what about pve? If there are new maps, will there be new materials? If so how do we make money?..Lastly are mounts able to be used anywhere? or just these new zones?

Still Relevant?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

1) We do not know the exact power of the new elite specs and if they are better or worse than the old ones. I doubt it will be like Heart of Thorns though where elite specs dominated core specs, this time it will be different.

2) In PVE the new elite specs do not appear to be as important as the HoT specs, there is no tank like Chrono or healer like Druid, so if you own Heart of Thorns you shouldn’t be at a disadvantage.

3) You will make money like you did before. Even after Heart of Thorns was released core tyria was still great at making money.

4) Mounts will be usable everywhere and not only on the new zones.

Still Relevant?

Posted by: Patty.3268

Patty.3268

Mounts will be usuable everywhere, but I guess you will need PoF to unlock them, just like you needed HoT to unlock gliding.

Still Relevant?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You will definitely need PoF to get mounts since they’re unlocked by finding them in the new maps, and trained through mastery tracks. But once you’ve got them you’ll be able to use them almost everywhere. There are already some places where you get a buff (debuff?) saying mounts are disabled – like the gliding disabled one. But that’s mostly just in jumping puzzles.

As for content, materials, gold farming etc. staying relevant I assume it will be much the same as when HoT came out – at first the focus will be mainly on the new stuff, most people will be in those maps, there will be a surge in demand for new materials which will then settle down, but people will still play other areas of the game, just like they still played in core maps after HoT was released, and will still need those materials etc.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Still Relevant?

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

as patty pointed out Mounts will be useable everywhere in the game . but to get them your going to need to buy pof pack . but other wise you see them all over the game .

new materials their could be we not seen or heard any one confirming this tho . but if their is I think they can be gotten from the trading post .

those of us who don’t have/cant buy it I like to think will still be relevant in the game areas we can go to .

and pretty sure we still be able to make money . I honestly do not see why we could not make gold .

no new system upgrades coming