Still incredibly unsatisfied

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SkylightMoon.2098

SkylightMoon.2098

Im a WvW/GvG player and the gamemode im in is dying. New guilds and friends are leaving everyday. Why? We all know why.

WvW has gotten pretty much nothing for 2014. Upon hearing about the feature pack and its first week aimed towards WvW/spvp, I actually got very excited. I heard a few bits of news, like new colored tags, a new trap, and a new trait line. I thought wow this looks good so far.

By the end of the week I felt so stupid. Stupid for thinking WvW would get more than the bare minimum once again. You’d think CDI’s would do something right? They won’t. Just look to see how much they actually did and how slow they are.

Commander Tag CDI – 25 pages, 9 months ago = 3 new colors and account bound functionality. How in the?!?!?! Thats an absolutely abhorrent amount of content for 9 months. No reason to trust CDI’s after such a poor demonstration from Anet on this.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Im a WvW/GvG player and the gamemode im in is dying. New guilds and friends are leaving everyday.

People leave game modes all the time, due to any of a variety of reasons, including RL obligations and some people are always looking for the next new thrill. My old WvW completely disbanded due to the High Drama of T1 tournaments (and due to some personal act of dramatic arts on the part of its GL). The loss of that group also discouraged others (including myself) from participating in WvW.

At the same time, new people are constantly coming into the game and into WvW. It’s not as easy to notice the influx of strangers as it is to be discouraged by the absence of those familiar.

Of course WvW should get more love than we are seeing in this update. I completely agree. But let’s not pump up the rhetoric to the point of making it hard to have a reasonable conversation about it. “Game mode is dying” and “ANet doesn’t care” aren’t likely to encourage the devs… or much of the community… to do something different.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

To me, the argument “we all know why” automatically disqualifies anything that follows.

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

Have you ever seen A-Net doing more than the absolute bare minimum??

Really……
All that reminds me of “Malibu Stacy has a new hat” from Simpsons

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Really……

I see them do more than the bare minimum every time they put out a patch….see the bare minimum is not to put out anything……see how exaggeration works both ways?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Simzani.4318

Simzani.4318

For a team that big, they must scrap 90% of the content they devellop to give us so few things in 2 years.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Anet did a lot of tweak i just personally dont’ care.

I assume the people complaining basically dont’ care what Anet did. Like the living story.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Really……

I see them do more than the bare minimum every time they put out a patch….see the bare minimum is not to put out anything……see how exaggeration works both ways?

This thread is specifically talking about WvW though. The last biggest update to WvW was EotM, and the Borderlands revamp that removed the lake, which also added capture & hold spots that nobody uses. EotM released back in Feb 4, 2014. That’s 8 months ago. The only new updates are colored commander tags, golem mastery, and 1 trap. Again, 8 months for those things.