Still no Dueling?!

Still no Dueling?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DarkHigh.2516

DarkHigh.2516

Come on guys what’s the hold up? This feature needs to be implemented, you really think you can hold onto your player base without friendly competition? Even buy 2 play loses its shine after a while, and adding more living world events helps but it won’t keep us interested when we can’t even test our skills against each other before jumping in blind in WvW.

Duels, Sparring, Scrimmage, Skirmishes all ways for friendly people to test their skills against one another in preparation for a real event. You want to be a living world incorporate something that exists in the REAL world for every competition.

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Sorry but so many are against dueling according to past forum posts on the subject that I can only say, thank the powers that be that there is no mention of this travesty.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Really? I was sure that so many are for dueling accoding to past forums posts.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

Open world dueling is a basic function that needs to exist but doesn’t because a vocal minority of uninformed people who’ve blinded themselves to the reality of dueling systems because they’ve never participated in any is busy trying to deny people a game feature that would have literally no impact on anybody who chooses not to participate, and which lack of presence harms the pro-dueling community far more than the incredibly minor objections of the anti-dueling community would do to them.

In short, I feel you bro, but there’s too many dumb people out there.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

Still no Dueling?!

Im Mudbone.1437

All I have to say is go back and count the nay-sayers as opposed to the yay-sayers and see for yourselves and see, I have in the past and posted the outcome in a couple of the several topics started on this.

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

I personally am not a Pvp dude and don’t really have anything againts dueling but when you are constantly bombarded by duel requests it gets annoying as heck. You know what im talking about just look at games like tera for instance you stand at the bank trying to do some stuff and a mass of pvprs just camping the area constantly wants to duel. A private duel area is a fine idea tho maby something like wvw but you and your buddy can enter and fight each other.

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I pray duelling never become a thing in GW
Make some duel arena, fine, but open world no.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: Xhax.5306

Xhax.5306

I think it would be cool if they put in some type of arena system in every map. Just a place players can go and settle their differences while others watch.

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

Open world dueling is a basic function that needs to exist but doesn’t because a vocal minority of uninformed people who’ve blinded themselves to the reality of dueling systems because they’ve never participated in any is busy trying to deny people a game feature that would have literally no impact on anybody who chooses not to participate, and which lack of presence harms the pro-dueling community far more than the incredibly minor objections of the anti-dueling community would do to them.

Not sure about YOUR ignorance to call everybody who has a different opinion uninformed. But hey, here you go:

1.) the game is not balanced around 1v1. You are destined to lose in tons of matchups.
2.) its a feature that can be taken in a friendly manner, but trolls and immature people will just use it to ego-boost themselfs if they win or the challenged opponent refuses a duel.
3.) Pro dueling community can already do this, its called PvP and you are a click away.

Hell, this is what happened 2 days ago in queensdale when I waited for Behe.
Player to map chat: WAS BEHE ALREADY??
Map: silence
Player to map chat: ?
BEHE
Me: Hello Capt. Caps-lock
Player wisp me: HAVE A PROBLEM
?? USE MUTE???

This example pointed out at least 2 out of 3 points I mentioned. (He was thief I was Ele btw)

banished from time and space

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

the feature does not exist because the game in PvE is based on co- operation.

It is built into the core mechanics of the game see:
individual loot,
no kill steals,
individual nodes,
Combo’s in combat,
dynamic events- that scale according to how many people are in the vicinity
etc etc

No where was it ever implied that this game would ever have dueling in PvE
next time inform yourself about the game you are buying before saying people who do not want dueling are denying you anything.

Gunnar’s Hold

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Guild Wars a PvP game? Give me a break OP!

Still no Dueling?!

runeblade.7514

Not sure about YOUR ignorance to call everybody who has a different opinion uninformed. But hey, here you go:

1.) the game is not balanced around 1v1. You are destined to lose in tons of matchups.
2.) its a feature that can be taken in a friendly manner, but trolls and immature people will just use it to ego-boost themselfs if they win or the challenged opponent refuses a duel.
3.) Pro dueling community can already do this, its called PvP and you are a click away.

BEHE
?? USE MUTE???

This example pointed out at least 2 out of 3 points I mentioned. (He was thief I was Ele btw)

1. Okay, so what?
2. Should ANet remove gold because some bots bothered me about gold selling?
3. Not even a solution. It is very griefable there.

Still no Dueling?!

runeblade.7514

the feature does not exist because the game in PvE is based on co- operation.

It is built into the core mechanics of the game see:
individual loot,
no kill steals,
individual nodes,
Combo’s in combat,
dynamic events- that scale according to how many people are in the vicinity
etc etc

No where was it ever implied that this game would ever have dueling in PvE
next time inform yourself about the game you are buying before saying people who do not want dueling are denying you anything.

Adding duels is PvP, not PvE. So it will not change a single thing about PvE co-operation. PvE competition is about Shared nodes, tagging mobs.

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

That would be called tunnel vision You saw what you wanted.

As a lot of us do not want to be trolled. It’s as simple as that, no trolling. This game has enough ways to grieve players as it is. If you have ant’s in your pants that bad, then go into sPvP. If this game needs anything, it’s less trolling and more community.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Still no Dueling?!

cmud.5689

BEHE
?? USE MUTE???

1. Okay, so what?

sigh… really?

1.) The fact that the dueling is not balanced around 1v1 means that duels are invalidated by following factors: class vs. class balance (a Thief cannot lose against an ele), gear applies as well (someone who is 80 with 80 gear of random quality is not going to lose against someone who is upscaled on the map and uses gear 20 levels below his challengers)…I could go on but…do you actually do not understand?

2.) Gold sellers are banned upon report, your point is invalid. Or to put it in a different way, you point out a problem, but the problem has means to be solved within the game design. Try harder to put up a real example.

3.) Not sure what do you mean, but if you consider the PvP enviroment to be imba,griefable,broken, w/e…shouldnt anet focus on fixing pre-existing stuff rather than adding new features that are broken in the idea itself?

Still no Dueling?!

runeblade.7514

As a lot of us do not want to be trolled. It’s as simple as that, no trolling. This game has enough ways to grieve players as it is. If you have ant’s in your pants that bad, then go into sPvP. If this game needs anything, it’s less trolling and more community.

So, you were the one with tunnel vision? I agree.

If you do not want to be trolled, then use /block. Should ANet remove gold because a bot bothered you about gold selling? Should ANet remove champions because someone bothered you about ruining the champ train?

sPvP is not a viable solution. I can invade other people’s room and disrupt their duel much more easily than two people using /duel in the PvE world.

If you have ants in your pants, don’t use duel function.

Still no Dueling?!

cmud.5689

So, you were the one with tunnel vision? I agree.

If you do not want to be trolled, then use /block. Should ANet remove gold because a bot bothered you about gold selling? Should ANet remove champions because someone bothered you about ruining the champ train?

sPvP is not a viable solution. I can invade other people’s room and disrupt their duel much more easily than two people using /duel in the PvE world.

If you have ants in your pants, don’t use duel function.

No. Anet bans the gold sellers.

Still no Dueling?!

runeblade.7514

BEHE
?? USE MUTE???

1. Okay, so what?

sigh… really?

1.) The fact that the dueling is not balanced around 1v1 means that duels are invalidated by following factors: class vs. class balance (a Thief cannot lose against an ele), gear applies as well (someone who is 80 with 80 gear of random quality is not going to lose against someone who is upscaled on the map and uses gear 20 levels below his challengers)…I could go on but…do you actually do not understand?

2.) Gold sellers are banned upon report, your point is invalid. Or to put it in a different way, you point out a problem, but the problem has means to be solved within the game design. Try harder to put up a real example.

3.) Not sure what do you mean, but if you consider the PvP enviroment to be imba,griefable,broken, w/e…shouldnt anet focus on fixing pre-existing stuff rather than adding new features that are broken in the idea itself?

1. Then those players don’t have to accept request to fight thieves. Again, so what?
2. Then you report harasser for verbal harassment.
3. Because in hotjoin, I can disrupt duels over there very easily, using a imba op cheesy build and kill the player there. I did that last week. There is no system preventing me from disrupting their duels unless they pay a lot of money.

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

I think dueling would not be fun in GW2. It’s just that the game doesn’t support it. Whenever I feel like playing some pvp I go to the mists.

No to dueling in PvE

Still no Dueling?!

Im Mudbone.1437

You see so far it is only the OP, yourself and one other in favor of open world dueling and the rest against. Keep count, I will.

Still no Dueling?!

Zepidel.5349

This is the biggest carebear thread I think I have ever seen in my life.

" We don’t need dueling because people might get their feelings hurt! >:( "

Dueling would be an extremely convenient feature, doing so in empty custom battle grounds seem really jerry rigged, and time consuming. Even the most PvE centric MMO of all time had dueling for Christ sakes so don’t use that argument, and it really pains me to see GW labeled as a PvE game (I know its true in 2014 but it does hurt).

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

Why is there a need for another dueling feature? People are already using the existing game modes in PVP for that.

Still no Dueling?!

runeblade.7514

You see so far it is only the OP, yourself and one other in favor of open world dueling and the rest against. Keep count, I will.

Or you people are the vocal minority and the rest of the players really wants dueling.

The number of people crying to not add dueling vs. people wanting to duel does not matter.

Still no Dueling?!

runeblade.7514

Why is there a need for another dueling feature? People are already using the existing game modes in PVP for that.

Duel servers exist for me to grief them!

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

1. Then those players don’t have to accept request to fight thieves. Again, so what?
3. Because in hotjoin, I can disrupt duels over there very easily, using a imba op cheesy build and kill the player there. I did that last week. There is no system preventing me from disrupting their duels unless they pay a lot of money.

1. You point seems very valid (sarcasm),
Shissor: “Hey paper want to duel ?”
Paper: “No man, I’m gonna fight Rock”
Rock: “What ? I want to fight Shissor dude!”

2. Fair enough, but you can agree with me that Anet will have a lot more tickets to review than now, where’s the profit ?

3. So you are just saying you want a map where you can use your cheesy build and troll/kill everyone without being trolled yourself ? very mature…

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Because it’s a useless feature? Why do we even have to repeat this over and over and over?

The game is not balanced for 1vs1, save us the amount of endless QQ on the forums about it. There is already enough by WvW roamers, we don’t need more.

The game is about cooperation, how is this dueling thing going to interract with boons and mobs? What about Dynamic event scaling? The potential to ruin the cooperating experience is there, so is the potential to grief others and abuse the system.

We don’t need more of this, there are already stupid DPS check encounters in the game and Zerk-jerks in Dungeons, no more.

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: Tzarakiel.7490

Tzarakiel.7490

I just want a cc instant deathmatch atop a jumping puzzle.

“I’m more insulted by his lack of imagination.”

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: Rainbow.3289

Rainbow.3289

2. Fair enough, but you can agree with me that Anet will have a lot more tickets to review than now, where’s the profit ?

3. So you are just saying you want a map where you can use your cheesy build and troll/kill everyone without being trolled yourself ? very mature…

God seriously?
1. U do not want to duel. So let the people wanting this feature manage their own problems. How can the fact that duels are not balanced affect you if u DONT duel?

2. Spammers are not even that big of a deal. Just put restriction on the places where u can duel, as it was done in Wow (vanilla at least). Cannot duel in capitals, cannot duel in buildings, dungeons, etc.

3. No comment.

Seriously, I played 2 years vanilla Wow, and I had never, never been harassed for dueling. But w/e, some people refuse that other people may duel (without bothering them), and then complain about the communit. Seems legit.

Still no Dueling?!

runeblade.7514

1. It is their choice, even the shotgun can have a choice to not duel. The choice to duel is still there. There are some scissors that want to duel against rock because it is challenging and fun to them. Again, so what?
2. No.
2b. Where is the profit in banning “uncalled for” harassment? ANet should let harassers say anything they want without fear of getting banned.
3. No. I am saying that there should be a function that prevents me and other players like me from doing that.

Still no Dueling?!

Zepidel.5349

Because it’s a useless feature? Why do we even have to repeat this over and over and over?

The game is not balanced for 1vs1, save us the amount of endless QQ on the forums about it. There is already enough by WvW roamers, we don’t need more.

The game is about cooperation, how is this dueling thing going to interract with boons and mobs? What about Dynamic event scaling? The potential to ruin the cooperating experience is there, so is the potential to grief others and abuse the system.

We don’t need more of this, there are already stupid DPS check encounters in the game and Zerk-jerks in Dungeons, no more.

I think plenty of things in this game are useless features but im not gonna protest them just to spite those who might like them.

No game is balanced 1v1, but different specs and tactics and most importantly skill can make huge differences in 1v1 fights, but i wouldn’t expect someone like you to even begin to understand any of that as its obvious you are a PvE player. And there will be endless QQ on the forums about class balance with or without dueling.

As for Zerker gear in PvE, thats a meta enforced by the games ’abolishing" of the trinity. All PvE encounters are balanced so that they can be completed by any group makeup / gear setup. Meaning that if you are skilled enough to clear said content in Zerker gear, then there is no reason not to, as the only thing you lose is time. Non zerk gear serves only as a crutch for unskilled players to fall onto when they make mistakes, and its natural for them to progress into zerker gear as their skill improves.

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: ApplePearOrange.9281

ApplePearOrange.9281

I don’t get the whole “prevent griefing” argument.
If someone wants to grief another for the sake of ego boosting oneself, theyre a ton of ways to already do that.
Many are being used right as we speak.

Calling out someone based on character class (rangers/necros in PVE) is pretty standard. People even get dissed based on Achievement points, bloody achievement points for crying out loud.

If a troll wants to exercise their superiority complex, they can already do so. Dueling is probably the least problematic.

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

If you want duels convince the company to create 1v1 PvP instances. It will not come
into open world.

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

Or you people are the vocal minority and the rest of the players really wants dueling.

The number of people crying to not add dueling vs. people wanting to duel does not matter.

Correct. What matters is people who want to duel can go to PVP and duel. There’s no need to add another feature when the neccessary framework is already there.

Still no Dueling?!

runeblade.7514

Correct. What matters is people who want to duel can go to PVP and duel. There’s no need to add another feature when the neccessary framework is already there.

Duel servers exist for me to grief there!

Still no Dueling?!

maddoctor.2738

I think plenty of things in this game are useless features but im not gonna protest them just to spite those who might like them.

No game is balanced 1v1, but different specs and tactics and most importantly skill can make huge differences in 1v1 fights, but i wouldn’t expect someone like you to even begin to understand any of that as its obvious you are a PvE player. And there will be endless QQ on the forums about class balance with or without dueling.

As for Zerker gear in PvE, thats a meta enforced by the games ’abolishing" of the trinity. All PvE encounters are balanced so that they can be completed by any group makeup / gear setup. Meaning that if you are skilled enough to clear said content in Zerker gear, then there is no reason not to, as the only thing you lose is time. Non zerk gear serves only as a crutch for unskilled players to fall onto when they make mistakes, and its natural for them to progress into zerker gear as their skill improves.

Oh yes I’m a PVE player. I’m a PVEr because prefer to PVP where it is best to do so, winning in PVP tournaments, in an actual setting that requires at least a little bit of skill. You just want to use your 1vs1 optimised cheesy build and run around looking for duels. It’s not like that takes any kind of skill.

And still you didn’t counter any argument of those I posted, at all. Saying no game is balanced around 1vs1 doesn’t mean anything. There isn’t any QQ about 1vs1 class balancing, thank god, but if they ever implement something like dueling there will be. We can be spared that.

I was talking about the zerker mentality and the gear checks, 5k+ AP check etc that are all over the place in dungeon runs. Calling names and accusing others of team failures is another thing. We don’t need more of that in the game, have enough already.

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Please dont open new threads on already existing topics:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Why-is-there-STILL-no-dueling/first

That one even got dev replies.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Still no Dueling?!

Posted by: randomly.6395

randomly.6395

These responses are crazy. Adding dueling will lead to trolling? Add an option to disallow all duel requests like every other game has done.

I have a hard time understanding why people would be against this. You can even make it so you can’t duel in major cities.

Stating that adding dueling would only lead to further trolling is just untrue. Of all the ways that you could troll someone in this game, dueling is absolutely a non issue, especially when an option to auto decline all duel invites is introduced.

Still no Dueling?!

Yargesh.4965

You admit griefing in closed PvP arenas but somehow you would not grief in open world PvE areas. Makes sense.

Still no Dueling?!

Zepidel.5349

Oh yes I’m a PVE player. I’m a PVEr because prefer to PVP where it is best to do so, winning in PVP tournaments, in an actual setting that requires at least a little bit of skill. You just want to use your 1vs1 optimised cheesy build and run around looking for duels. It’s not like that takes any kind of skill.

And still you didn’t counter any argument of those I posted, at all. Saying no game is balanced around 1vs1 doesn’t mean anything. There isn’t any QQ about 1vs1 class balancing, thank god, but if they ever implement something like dueling there will be. We can be spared that.

I was talking about the zerker mentality and the gear checks, 5k+ AP check etc that are all over the place in dungeon runs. Calling names and accusing others of team failures is another thing. We don’t need more of that in the game, have enough already.

Sounds like you need to git gud dude, how can you in one sentence claim your are a pr0 SPvP player who laughs at 1v1’s, then cry about PvE elitism in the next.

No one wants to carry pugs in non zerker gear in dungeons, they do 1/3rd the dps as a zerker and just slow the group down. Notice I said PUGS before you say anything. It’s a totally different situation with friends/guildies.

Still no Dueling?!

runeblade.7514

1. Who are you to tell him why he want dueling?
2. Because the argument about balancing a game around 1v1 IN A SIDE FEATURE does not matter at all.

Still no Dueling?!

runeblade.7514

You admit griefing in closed PvP arenas but somehow you would not grief in open world PvE areas. Makes sense.

Who said I would not try to grief there? ANet should design it so I can’t.

Still no Dueling?!

maddoctor.2738

Sounds like you need to git gud dude, how can you in one sentence claim your are a pr0 SPvP player who laughs at 1v1’s, then cry about PvE elitism in the next.

No one wants to carry pugs in non zerker gear in dungeons, they do 1/3rd the dps as a zerker and just slow the group down. Notice I said PUGS before you say anything. It’s a totally different situation with friends/guildies.

I never said I’m a pro in sPVP, I said I’m doing my PVP there. I didn’t cry about PVE elitisism either, I’m saying it exists and it is a problem. Dueling will bring more of that, and 1vs1 balance complaints. I never said anything more than that.

Still no Dueling?!

Yargesh.4965

You are an excellent example of open world duelling.

Still no Dueling?!

cmud.5689

Now I feel really good about some of the examples I pointed out against PvE dueling in this thread, you embody it.

EDIT: its actually kind of hilarious that the guy that want dueling so bad is also the same person that turns people away from the idea.

Still no Dueling?!

runeblade.7514

You are an excellent example of open world duelling.

And so what?

Still no Dueling?!

Zepidel.5349

IDK people on both sides are going to fight just like in this thread, best solution and oldest one is just to have PvP realms.

Players who want openworld / duel PvP can have their own server, and players who just want to PvE and see PvP as a minigame to be joined from SPvP or WvWvW have their own.

Still no Dueling?!

runeblade.7514

Now I feel really good about some of the examples I pointed out against PvE dueling in this thread, you embody it.

I embody the state of duel servers. Duel servers allow me to grief there by design, so I grief there. Dueling, if done correctly, wouldn’t allow me to grief there by design.

It will be a lesson for ANet to do it correctly so I can’t grief there.

Still no Dueling?!

Zepidel.5349

I embody the state of duel servers. Duel servers allow me to grief there by design, so I grief there. Dueling, if done correctly, wouldn’t allow me to grief there by design.

It will be a lesson for ANet to do it correctly so I can’t grief there.

Why are you guys even talking about griefing and dueling in the same sentence?

griefing refers to open world PvP where you are both flagged for PvP by design, where one person kills you repeated over and over.

You guys really have no idea what you are talking about lol.

Still no Dueling?!

runeblade.7514

IDK people on both sides are going to fight just like in this thread, best solution and oldest one is just to have PvP realms.

Players who want openworld / duel PvP can have their own server, and players who just want to PvE and see PvP as a minigame to be joined from SPvP or WvWvW have their own.

How about no?

Dueling will never be a problem. It is that the anti-dueling is driven by ignorance.

Still no Dueling?!

Zepidel.5349

How about no?

Dueling will never be a problem. It is that the anti-dueling is driven by ignorance.

Possibly, a compromise is always better than nothing.

I also think a lot of people in this thread think dueling means Open world cutthroat PvP, which is were the ignorance part is coming from.