Still no word on Guild Halls?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

I loved the new blog post, it looks like a lot of great things are going to be coming to Guild Wars 2 this year. Yet there was one thing I found missing, and thus one question that needs answering: are guild halls still in development? Or has all work on them been abandoned?

This was a feature I really loved in the original Guild Wars, having a personal place to hang out with your buddies and guildies was awesome. Not to mention attacking and defending in GvG. Will my dream of defending and attacking guild halls (hopefully in the WvW style of PvP) in Guild Wars 2 ever come to fruition? Or is this a feature that is exclusive to the original?

Edit: Just a note, I’m not asking for a direct reply from a developer or anything XD Primarily I’m wondering if anyone else misses guild halls, or even if you didn’t play the original guild wars, if you’re interested in the concept of guild halls.

(edited by Latorn.4209)

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I want guild halls too, but, don’t hold your breath just yet.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Yeah, lack of mention of Guild Halls makes me a sad Panda.

Frankly, with the adding of Quartz to home instance, I’m starting to believe they are gearing up to utilize that more which probably put the Guild Halls on an even slower burning back burner.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Recently, I’ve been wanting more creature comforts in GW2, more than new flashy content.

I want a home instance to mean something more than something I did during story mode and a place to farm Quartz.

Guild Halls too, to hang out with people before we participate in events.

Builds should be saved and easy to retrieve (even at cost). This could include weapons and armour too.

That’s some quick ideas.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

I was also disappointed that there wasn’t at least a hint that these might be available this year. Guilds need a focus, somewhere to gather for meetings, for new members to meet their fellow guildies and as a social area too.

As an RPing guild, this is something we’d make heavy use of and it would provide us with a permanent base. Ideally, I’d like it to be an area that provided private housing for members, that they could decorate to their hearts’ content.

Whilst it’s nice having a home instance, having NPCs in whatever house you chose as your character’s home is immersion breaking. I don’t want whatshisface in my mansion. What’s more, he’s not even sitting on the sofa, but IN it!

So it would be nice to know that this something that is coming in the not too distant future.

Posted by: Velkyn.5168

Velkyn.5168

I absolutely agree, made a post about this in the WvW forum yesterday… cause I miss the GvG aspect the most and thought WvW comes closest as that’s where the current “GvG” takes place.
Was looking forward to this blog post for a long time and am very disappointed now.

Posted by: Chaoslord.5439

Chaoslord.5439

I agree completely with this assessment, guild halls provide a common meeting place and a sense of pride among guild members. My guild always met in our guild hall in GW 1 prior to tackling dungeons and higher level missions. This option could be further expanded with the architecture line as well. Imagine if guilds could obtain upgrades to customize and decorate their hall. I believe Colin could at least give us an idea where ANET stands on this issue and expanding the PVE party limit to 8-10 players. My guild wants to play together…that’s why we play in an MMO. ANET should facilitate that experience!

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Well I hope that if/when they are taking this god kitten long to implement guild halls, when they eventually do, it will blow our minds.

Personally I’m hoping that the guild halls will be “integrated” into the open world and not instanced, but probably not.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Well I hope that if/when they are taking this god kitten long to implement guild halls, when they eventually do, it will blow our minds.

Personally I’m hoping that the guild halls will be “integrated” into the open world and not instanced, but probably not.

It’s most likely going to be similar to your own personal home instance. An instanced are for your guild.

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

the whole topic of Guilds needs some work. Being able to see their active logon and last time logged in, Guild Halls, Guild vs Guild, Alliances.

Just a few things I hope to see again

Posted by: Velkyn.5168

Velkyn.5168

the whole topic of Guilds needs some work. Being able to see their active logon and last time logged in, Guild Halls, Guild vs Guild, Alliances.

Just a few things I hope to see again

Oh yes, guild alliances too please. My guild basically was trying an alliance with other small guilds (mainly for guild missions) and the lack of common chat really messed things up to some degree.
So where is all mention of improving/adding more guild features? Are PvE guild missions all there was to those plans?

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Recently, I’ve been wanting more creature comforts in GW2, more than new flashy content.

I want a home instance to mean something more than something I did during story mode and a place to farm Quartz.

Guild Halls too, to hang out with people before we participate in events.

Builds should be saved and easy to retrieve (even at cost). This could include weapons and armour too.

That’s some quick ideas.

^ This, sooo much this. Guild halls, build templates, a more “personalized” home instance (which I think they’re slowly working towards, I hope), actual GVG- not attempting to GVG in a remote corner of WvW and hoping no one interferes,
I think you nailed it on the head when you said creature comforts. That’s what we need!

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

(edited by Nay of the Ether.8913)

Latorn.4209

Well, it’s certainly good to know I’m not in the minority here ^^

Come on Anet, you know what you should focus on next Think of the killing you could make by selling aesthetic improvements to guild halls in the gem store

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

As the GM of a fairly big RP guild, I can say that Guild Halls would be wonderful for guild meetings, and even regular roleplay, as a ‘home base’ type thing. Just about everyone in my guild has been hoping for guild halls since launch.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

They can’t even unscrew the Guild Interface. I’d be amazed to see Guild Halls in time for this game to still be relevant. Especially at the rate it’s going since this month’s announcement.

That said – Guild Halls would sure be nice. But since the multiple-guild repping system has fairly well destroyed most guild cohesiveness, I have to wonder if they’d really matter.

I’d rather see a guild/alliance system implemented like in GW, being able to only join one guild at a time, and, for the love of all, Guild vs Guild.

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Screw guild halls. Would rather have housing.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Screw guild halls or housing I want a Guild Airship!

I don´t care if you copy D&D Online´s one bit by bit.

Letting us wait for so long for a “feature” that´s in the fracking name, you better make it airborne and with laz0rs!

Here´s an idea for your next 10 living stories:
After seeing how vital Pact Airships proved to be against the dragon threat a call goes out to all private entities(aka Guilds) to build their own.
Effectively creating a decentralized Air Force/Militia.

Polish > hype

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

yeah Im surprise this hasn’t been mention this year. We’re half way through the year, if not this year then when… LOL. ANet please give guild a place to gather and chill.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

entire year and still nothing NOTHING of this wow so sad

Latorn.4209

entire year and still nothing NOTHING of this wow so sad

Yeah, I’m really hoping somewhere down the line we get some news on it, maybe even a tidbit of a hint in the next blog post that they’re still planning on doing it.. T-T

In all honesty, however silly this may sound to some of you, it was one of the features that got me most excited about the game (however, I know I’m not the only one with these feelings).