Still waiting on the "big" news

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

First, I want to thank everyone at Anet for the awesome changes so far. Very excited for all of them. I especially like the PvP announcement.

Still looking for that big news though. Whether it’s guild halls, new missions, custom arena setup to where you can play the daily games with guildmates, something new I can grind my teeth on. A lot of these features so far, while pretty awesome, are pretty fluffy.

Still 3 unlocks to go. I guess we’ll see.

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

Don’t get your hopes up.

You’re not getting something like Guild Halls with this. Especially not with blog posts titled “Facilitating Friendly Play.”

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

Nor will you be getting new missions since this is a feature patch, not a content patch. That was made clear a long time ago.

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Nor will you be getting new missions since this is a feature patch, not a content patch. That was made clear a long time ago.

Unfortunately, new content is exactly what this game needs.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

‘Facilitating friendly play’ being divided into three parts sounds like it’s going to be its biggest feature of the patch. While I would like a system to make overflows / main servers work better. This could be guild halls or housing we’ve all been waiting for.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Can you point out where that was posted? I’m curious because the two interviews I read both said that Anet’s “feature” patch was going to be similar to what we see in a typical patch in other MMO’s.

If you look at other MMO’s like WoW, their latest patch added 4 new dungeons, a new raid, 2 new zones, balance, LFG changes, and a host of other smaller things.

If you compare that to this “feature” patch, we got all the smaller things, but the main parts haven’t been included. So if it was later changed that this won’t be like other MMO’s patches, can you point me to that interview?

Posted by: Linnea.5146

Linnea.5146

In my opinion, this game needs the basics fixed before they add more content. That’s why I’m happy about this feature patch. However, I won’t say no to content additions after this And I think that we can expect more areas with Mordremoth awakening far away in the Maguuma Jungle!

Nage.1520

I’m not 100% sure that’s true. I’m sort of happy to take a break from the influx of Living Story content and catch up on stuff I want to do. Because I personally enjoyed the living story content. While it was there it kept me busy enough where I didn’t have time to level alts, or work on another legendary.

And yes, a new zone or ten would be lovely, but that’s not to say this game needs new content. It certainly doesn’t need more content over bug fixes, balance and some of the changes we’re seeing here.

Why add more permanent content without the backbone of the game being at least acceptable?

Posted by: Mega Messiah.1734

Mega Messiah.1734

Can you point out where that was posted? I’m curious because the two interviews I read both said that Anet’s “feature” patch was going to be similar to what we see in a typical patch in other MMO’s.

If you look at other MMO’s like WoW, their latest patch added 4 new dungeons, a new raid, 2 new zones, balance, LFG changes, and a host of other smaller things.

If you compare that to this “feature” patch, we got all the smaller things, but the main parts haven’t been included. So if it was later changed that this won’t be like other MMO’s patches, can you point me to that interview?

The content portion was the living story. Whether or not you enjoyed it, that WAS the content portion of the patch. The scarlet fight, the wurm boss, the assault on Lion’s Arch, etc.

This is the feature half. The QoL changes, system revisions, revamps to core systems, etc.

“73 + 22 = 100!” – Nexus

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

Facilitating friendly play looks like it’s to do with systems that try to foster cooperation. What i’d love is a way to reward people for helping new players. Not sure how this could be done though.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

They explained like 20 times, that what they meant with features was basically QoL changes, improvments and additions of new mechanical systems and concepts and some improvments to the gameplay here and there. Comparing those aspects to other game patches/expansions, this is what you get.

Content like dungeons, zones, wapons, classes aren’t considered features the way Anet is describing them.

For reference though, WoW is a game based on gear prgression they need dungeons because new gear always gets released and people there complain that they want other features instead of the same old dungeons with new skins all the time.

Everyone complain dear, wether in WoW forums or here. Everyone wants something else and no company ever will make dreams a reality.

In addition to that, the content released in LS is superior wether you liked it or not. The protion of new things that got introduced and the amount of them is huge. People here complain though about LS and WoW players complain about new dungeons without any new stuff introduced as they are got tons of them.

As mentioned, every game got it’s flaws and the players enjoy hating on them.

(edited by nGumball.1283)

Nage.1520

They’ve said it all along, and no I don’t have an URL offthand, but this is what happened.

Originally they were putting out content patchs and feature patches together. The problem is, they sort of interfered with each other. If you wanted to do the living story and you wanted to level all three armor crafting professions at the same time, it was a big deal. The QoL and features were getting lost in the other stuff.

So Anet made a decision to hold off on features until the living story was done and added no new features since January after the Christmas break. It was their plan all along and they did talk about it at length even. I’m sure someone will dig it up for you.

But they even call it the April 2014 Feature Pack…because it’s about features.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here is a post from Colin on the subject:

ColinJohanson

We’ll go into more detail soon, just to re-iterate so it’s clear:

“The next round of major features will be bundled together into a large “feature only” release that will come after the first season of the Living World 2014 has finished.”

A feature release is not an expansion, it’s a release focused on game features. Examples of game features we’ve done in the past would be: guild missions, account achievement system, spectator mode, new pvp maps, daily world boss chests, removing culling and giving visibility options, the WvW WxP system, etc.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Expansion-sized-patch/first#post3748098

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

i cant find it but i think colin johanson said it. Its equal to the feature updates you might find in a regular mmo, not an expansion.
the type of updates you see like every 3 to 6 months that add primarily features, not so much content.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Maybe some new mounts to go along with appropriate and healthier clothing content?

sinzer.4018

They’ve said it all along, and no I don’t have an URL offthand, but this is what happened.

Originally they were putting out content patchs and feature patches together. The problem is, they sort of interfered with each other. If you wanted to do the living story and you wanted to level all three armor crafting professions at the same time, it was a big deal. The QoL and features were getting lost in the other stuff.

So Anet made a decision to hold off on features until the living story was done and added no new features since January after the Christmas break. It was their plan all along and they did talk about it at length even. I’m sure someone will dig it up for you.

But they even call it the April 2014 Feature Pack…because it’s about features.

You are ofc correct, it’s mentioned in an article on Eurogamer’s website,

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-14-you-thought-that-was-it-for-guild-wars-2

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Im hoping facilitating friendly play will be about making PVE open world matter more, and possibly a help player system?
I dunno, the title seems super crappy, but how can they have 3 blog posts if its not large and pretty game changing? guess we ll see.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Facilitating friendly play looks like it’s to do with systems that try to foster cooperation. What i’d love is a way to reward people for helping new players. Not sure how this could be done though.

Perhaps a mentor system?

sinzer.4018

Perhaps a mentor system?

It would be really nice and could help reduce the amount of people demanding experienced players only.

Nage.1520

For those who missed it, here’s the original link to the article that states this was a feature only patch.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/living-world-2013-the-year-in-review

Here’s the direct quote:

Due to the size and scope of the final four story releases in season one, the next round of major features will be bundled together into a large “feature only” release that will come after the first season of the Living World 2014 has finished. Once the story has completed, we’ll go into much greater detail on what’s to follow, but for now we want to focus on making sure our last four episodes shine.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

For those who missed it, here’s the original link to the article that states this was a feature only patch.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/living-world-2013-the-year-in-review

Here’s the direct quote:

Due to the size and scope of the final four story releases in season one, the next round of major features will be bundled together into a large “feature only” release that will come after the first season of the Living World 2014 has finished. Once the story has completed, we’ll go into much greater detail on what’s to follow, but for now we want to focus on making sure our last four episodes shine.

People will never listen. Go check Blizzard forums, there have been negative feedbackfor 10 years. It will sadly be the same here :0

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

The big news came today with PvP, we basically found out that anyone rank 55 or higher becomes a dragon.