Stop Goldseller

Stop Goldseller

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

last weeks i get alot more spam from Goldsellers and it is ALWAYS exact same message – i dont get it why this is not filtered somehow

i always report them for goldselling but your system is slow or not working

today i got this same message from same character every 30-45 min while standing in LA on Elonareach and even in 1 SoloQ Match they whispered me

plz do something

Stop Goldseller

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Did you try blocking the character? Right click and ignore.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Stop Goldseller

Romek.4201

this was only last 2 hours the same character

Stop Goldseller

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Report>Block>Go about your business.

The Burninator

Stop Goldseller

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

I wonder how come it’s usually that one website, which bots are spamming. Can’t anet do something about it?

Stop Goldseller

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I wonder how come it’s usually that one website, which bots are spamming. Can’t anet do something about it?

Anet can’t police the internet. If it’s not illegal in the country where the website is based, their hands are tied.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Stop Goldseller

Romek.4201

they can – it need just a filter cause its always same Seller-Site and same message they spam

Stop Goldseller

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

they can – it need just a filter cause its always same Seller-Site and same message they spam

And then the spammer changes their message by a few characters or sets up a new domain that forwards to the old one, and all that effort is wasted. It is much more efficient for players to report and block.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Stop Goldseller

Posted by: Corvax.1675

Corvax.1675

Well, ArenaNet should introduce a global filter for the word ‘gold’ and automatically replace it with ‘4-slot leather bag’. Imagine the spam messages after that

Stop Goldseller

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

Well, ArenaNet should introduce a global filter for the word ‘gold’ and automatically replace it with ‘4-slot leather bag’. Imagine the spam messages after that

Interesting idea. I like how the kitten filter changes the tone of the posts in the forum. Maybe the chat profanity filter could be tweaked to make the gold seller spam more entertaining. I’d turn it back on just to see the results.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Stop Goldseller

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

they probably use the leaderboard to whisper the spam at us ­.. very annoying.

Stop Goldseller

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

What is more annoying is those spammer can continuously spam but legit player is suppressed within 3 messages.

Stop Goldseller

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

And within 10 minutes the message will change to bypass the filter. IIRC blizzard for a while (not sure if they still do) had a big filtering war going on against the bots, it took longer for them to apply the filter than it took the spambots to find a way to counter it (adding DOT instead of dots in the URLs, adding spaces, using leetspeak, using free URL shorteners, things like that).

It’s much easier to just report + block… plus, letting them spam a little more might help them find out where they’re being sent from, and maybe make security tighter (most spam messages in most games I’ve played are usually sent from compromised accounts).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Stop Goldseller

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The problem is that these botters instantly have a new account to play around with. It seems almost every day that I get whispered by a player by the name of (smack face on keyboard for random name), which I then report, only to be whispered by a new bot the next day. They just use random nonsensical letter combinations as character names, and whisper everyone in a zone automatically. I assume Anet is closing down all the accounts we report…. but how do they keep getting new ones and still make a profit? Are they using free access keys?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Stop Goldseller

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The problem is that these botters instantly have a new account to play around with. It seems almost every day that I get whispered by a player by the name of (smack face on keyboard for random name), which I then report, only to be whispered by a new bot the next day. They just use random nonsensical letter combinations as character names, and whisper everyone in a zone automatically. I assume Anet is closing down all the accounts we report…. but how do they keep getting new ones and still make a profit? Are they using free access keys?

I imagine many of the accounts are obtained from the plethora of phishing emails sent out. As well as passwords found on many game sites, etc. Sadly, many accounts are compromised by those of unscrupulous means…especially those that are left idle.

Stop Goldseller

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

In the past 48hrs I’ve gotten probably ~20 whispers from goldsellers; I’ve blocked/reported each, but it seems like they are moving to whispers now and skipping the blanket map chat spam.

Stop Goldseller

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

“I need to buy more 4-slot leather bag ores.”
“Why do you need 4 slot bags? Don’t you have capped armorsmith for 20 slot bags?”
“No, I need 4-slot leather bag ore to make the ingots.”
“Ingots? You need Ori, not leather.”
“No! I’m trying to cap jeweler!”
“Then what do you need leather for? Jewelers can’t even make bags.”
“Argh!”

…This could be a problem.

Stop Goldseller

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

“Why do you need 4 slot bags? Don’t you have capped armorsmith for 20 slot bags?”
“Argh!”

A problem? Yes… but it’d be funny as heck!

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Stop Goldseller

Romek.4201

PUSH because it going on ma nerves

look this

http://s14.directupload.net/images/131121/9f6qnozo.jpg

3x same message from 3 different accounts in 10 minutes?
you can see i reported them + blocked them

they spam same message all day – why this cant be filtered?

arenanet even care about this reports?

and ban stupid goldbuyers too – they are reason why this guyz do this

Stop Goldseller

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

“Argh!”

Like the time they expanded the kitten filter here to include all “s” and “t” that were next to each other. stop = kittenop. must = mukitten. master = makittener. just start = jukitten kittenart

Stop Goldseller

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

PUSH because it going on ma nerves

look this

http://s14.directupload.net/images/131121/9f6qnozo.jpg

3x same message from 3 different accounts in 10 minutes?
you can see i reported them + blocked them

they spam same message all day – why this cant be filtered?

arenanet even care about this reports?

and ban stupid goldbuyers too – they are reason why this guyz do this

And they waited until your bags were full to try and sell you things. Is there no end to their fiendishness?!

But yeah, that’s kind of ridiculous.

Stop Goldseller

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

yah… I got the same problem. I got spam by gold sellers and it annoy the crap outa me. I was in whisper with someone then a wall of pink text came up while I was in wvw. I had to scroll up and read what my friend said and lost track of the commander and end up dying. its too annoying.

report-yes
block-yes

but after 3 x report/block. it gets old and annoying.

Stop Goldseller

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

They are using access key hacks! I found proof of this by dumb luck in youtube (looking at legit gold making vids) and pmed a admin/gm/Dev here about it to not share it to the public. 90% of bots now are made using those. The game is officially now F2P with that bullkitten going on.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

(edited by Yumiko Ishida.3769)