Stop adjusting my camera

Stop adjusting my camera

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

As a long term sufferer of motion sickness every time the camera re-adjusts itself in an open world boss fight or the center of tangle depths I start to feel sick, I would like to request an option to be able to turn this on/off as I do not want my camera FOV (Field of Vision) to ever change unless I change it.
Earlier today while in Tangle depths around the Ley-Line confluence waypoint my camera adjusted the FOV 3 times in under a minute, it literally broke me out in a cold sweat with my head spinning, which then took several hours to recover from. Count yourself lucky if you have never suffered from motion sickness, I’m just appealing for an on/off FOV auto adjust option for the small minority of us that do suffer from it.

Thankyou.

Stop adjusting my camera

Posted by: Mavrip The Ripper.8623

Mavrip The Ripper.8623

did you try adjusting the camera collision sensitivity? I think there was some fix a year or so back that addressed this. I don’t recall the exact name of the setting, but check the video settings and see if you can find something like collision blah blah blah in it.

Hope that helps at all- if not then I hope it gets resolved soon! Doesn’t sound enjoyable :/

Stop adjusting my camera

Vavume.8065

did you try adjusting the camera collision sensitivity? I think there was some fix a year or so back that addressed this. I don’t recall the exact name of the setting, but check the video settings and see if you can find something like collision blah blah blah in it.

Hope that helps at all- if not then I hope it gets resolved soon! Doesn’t sound enjoyable :/

It’s not related to the collision, that’s a separate issue, I’m talking about the massive camera zoom out/in that happens at the start and end of boss fights, or in certain area’s of the game like TD ley-line confluence.

Stop adjusting my camera

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

It’s not related to the collision, that’s a separate issue, I’m talking about the massive camera zoom out/in that happens at the start and end of boss fights, or in certain area’s of the game like TD ley-line confluence.

Yea I hate those zooms as well. They don’t give me motion sickness but I find them annoying that it automatically decides what zoom level I want.

Stop adjusting my camera

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

I don’t know why but this happens constantly when i fight Tequatl over in the megalaser area. I have a mouse with free spin on the wheel so what i do is spin my wheel really hard so it’s constantly zooming out and that fights off the game’s attempt to zoom in.

REALLY ANNOYING! SAD!

Stop adjusting my camera

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

This won’t help with the main issue, though I would definitely recommend turning on free camera. The game used to make me dizzy without it, and after I accidentally turned it off for a bit.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Stop adjusting my camera

Posted by: Mavrip The Ripper.8623

Mavrip The Ripper.8623

Yea I hate those zooms as well. They don’t give me motion sickness but I find them annoying that it automatically decides what zoom level I want.

Ahh, gotcha! Yeah I know what your talking about now… my mistake! you’d think it would be an option under video settings… That would be a good addition- it actually does get a little annoying for me too

Stop adjusting my camera

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

You made me realize that I thought I was hitting my mousewheel or something this whole time. I never realized the game is doing that boss zoom thing.

Stop adjusting my camera

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Fellow player with motion sickness here, I totally agree with you. Let us disable this thing!

Stop adjusting my camera

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I don’t have motion sickness, but I also want the camera issue fixed. It’s so frustrating to be in a raid or some other fight, adjust my camera to best suit me in the fight, and then have it constantly move so that I have to keep resetting it.

Stop adjusting my camera

Vavume.8065

Agreed, I’m pretty sure they is a large amount of people that find it annoying if nothing else, but if we don’t make ourselves heard about the issue nothing will ever be done.

Stop adjusting my camera

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Agreed – I wish that auto zoom out during some events didn’t happen. Sometimes when we beat the wurm in Ember Bay, the camera then tries to zoom back in and it goes too far leaving me zoomed in farther than I was when the event started. It’s not the end of the world, but it’s one of those small annoyances.

Stop adjusting my camera

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

I don’t like the megazoom, but I can cope with it. What drives me nuts is the way sometimes, but not always, when you get submerged, you get shoved about 20 feet underwater. It really sucks when I fall off dock ramps or through holes in ice.

Stop adjusting my camera

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Yea that bug with being dragged to the depths is also slightly irritating.

I usually find it funny after the fact though, because its so random.

Stop adjusting my camera

Posted by: Jwake.7013

Jwake.7013

For me, I do things like Teq that do that zoom every time the dragon lands back into the water and leaves (I know a few other world bosses have animations that make the sudden zoom in as well) really annoying. But for as much as I do them, I just kinda push it out of my mind and move on since it’s been like that for as long as I can remember. Though if people are getting dizzy and such then, I do hop it gets fixed. That sucks you have to go through that OP (and others) and I wish everyone the best cause I do get sick/dizzy from car rides and such so I know how much things like that can suck.

Stop adjusting my camera

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

don’t hold your breath, they love to annoy ppl more then they already do.
i ones asked to quit the blinking of the level up and other icons just above the map because my ADHD only makes me kittened when something blinks that should not blink but guess what they did, they made even more blinking crap.

be prepared for more motion sickness tricks to make you lose your lunch every single time.

Stop adjusting my camera

Vavume.8065

don’t hold your breath.

I’m not, been dealing with this issue for far to long for that, but I do still have hope that they could do something about it eventually.

Stop adjusting my camera

Posted by: nanomidgy.9180

nanomidgy.9180

I completely agree with this, please stop auto adjusting the FOV (massive zoom in and out) unless the player adjusting him/herself.
+1