Stop balancing classes around raids!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

Raids are not the be all and end all, stop making changes to the classes just to balance the very top end PvE scene that 90% of the player base can’t even get close to.

Just because a few players in some no lyf guilds can achieve a billion DPS that doesn’t mean you have to nerf the class for everyone, including for SPVP and WvW players.

Most of the players can’t even get to half the DPS numbers in the online benchmarks, and yet you make changes just because someone posted a video of him getting a gazillion DPS on a golem on his 468th try.

/rant over

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I honestly saw more buffing and nerfing around every other part of the game rather than raids.

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Raids are not the be all and end all, stop making changes to the classes just to balance the very top end PvE scene that 90% of the player base can’t even get close to.

Just because a few players in some no lyf guilds can achieve a billion DPS that doesn’t mean you have to nerf the class for everyone, including for SPVP and WvW players.

Most of the players can’t even get to half the DPS numbers in the online benchmarks, and yet you make changes just because someone posted a video of him getting a gazillion DPS on a golem on his 468th try.

/rant over

How is that balancing around raids? In a raid you rarely get even close to the golem benchmark numbers as well. At best, it’s balancing around SFTA. And it’s stupid, I agree.

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

They nerfed 8 of 9 classes today, thief got a buff. Now, some of the changes coming in the expansion are already in the classes on live. That being said, the nerfs across the board were to sell the expansion. Same thing happened for HoT, only this was more drastic/noticeable, because they had to nerf some of the HoT power creep (look at warrior for instance).

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: bigchunk.5190

bigchunk.5190

I think they take all game modes into account when balancing. They give a lot of attention to PvP too. In fact, they hired an entire team devoted to it.

zealex.9410

/rant over

How is that balancing around raids? In a raid you rarely get even close to the golem benchmark numbers as well. At best, it’s balancing around SFTA. And it’s stupid, I agree.

Idk other than a few cases this patch was good.

Feanor.2358

Idk, other than completely ruining Tempest it could’ve been good. I really cannot know, as I stopped reading after the finishing the ele changes.

zealex.9410

Idk, other than completely ruining Tempest it could’ve been good. I really cannot know, as I stopped reading after the finishing the ele changes.

Nerfing the dmg of tempest was the only logical thing to do with weaver coming out. It also fixed the mess that tempest was (kindof)

Feanor.2358

Nerfing the dmg of tempest was the only logical thing to do with weaver coming out. It also fixed the mess that tempest was (kindof)

By making it irrelevant for the upcoming weeks until release. Such a nice thing to do to your customers.

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

By making it irrelevant for the upcoming weeks until release. Such a nice thing to do to your customers.

This statement is a massive exaggeration, ele is still on top in term of support and dps. At leadt do some testing in game before mouthing off.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

zealex.9410

Its a perfectly viable dps (which idk if it should be) and a great support. What would you prefer demolishing tempest’s dps mounths ago or 1 month and something extra before the expac?

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

Err… Somehow it needed to be done before exp sooooo ppl has to buy exp for more powerful specialization…. xD

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Then balance around what? You can literally use anything in open world without challange, fractal is also very open in term of build with only very high scale being challanging, which just like raids are played by minority. So if we are not balancing around raid, then what are Anet suppose to balance on? ?????

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

So um… why balance for the non-top-end? Seriously. Below that you mostly would improve as the player, not as the character.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Feanor.2358

This statement is a massive exaggeration, ele is still on top in term of support and dps. At leadt do some testing in game before mouthing off.

Is it?
Ele support is irrelevant in PvE, which is what I care about. And I did test its dps, the loss is substantial. Meanwhile power mesmer does comparable (if not better) damage by spawning 3 phantasms and pressing 1 and 2 off cooldown.

zealex.9410

Is it?
Ele support is irrelevant in PvE, which is what I care about. And I did test its dps, the loss is substantial. Meanwhile power mesmer does comparable (if not better) damage by spawning 3 phantasms and pressing 1 and 2 off cooldown.

LOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL on small hotbox ele is at 30k mes is at 28-29k. Tempest is a great support it doesnt need buffs all it needs is anet to see that gotl is a mystake.

Feanor.2358

Is it?

LOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL on small hotbox ele is at 30k mes is at 28-29k. Tempest is a great support it doesnt need buffs all it needs is anet to see that gotl is a mystake.

Suppose your numbers are right, one you can play half asleep to get those numbers, the other you have to focus or lose like 1/3rd of it.

If you remove GotL, druid will still be by far the most popular healer in pve, because it will still have Spotter, Empower and spirits. Ele simply doesn’t have a place as a pve support. All it gives is a bunch of boons nobody cares about.

zealex.9410

Is it?

Suppose your numbers are right, one you can play half asleep to get those numbers, the other you have to focus or lose like 1/3rd of it.

If you remove GotL, druid will still be by far the most popular healer in pve, because it will still have Spotter, Empower and spirits. Ele simply doesn’t have a place as a pve support. All it gives is a bunch of boons nobody cares about.

Ok? we had that for all kinds of classes. Even up there in the 40s you have condis thieves overpowering you. This is small hitbox btw large one you are prob first dps regardless.

Tfw soulbeast and cranger can take spotter spirits

Feanor.2358

Ok? we had that for all kinds of classes. Even up there in the 40s you have condis thieves overpowering you. This is small hitbox btw large one you are prob first dps regardless.

All the more reasons why tempest is more and more irrelevant, no? In my static I was the only one who consistently played ele recently. Others changed to ele only for Gale Song on Sloth, rebound on Xera and for KC.

About hitboxes – since both Phoenix and Wildfire got nerfed heavily against large hitboxes, I expect only staff to have some chance. But even for staff, overloads account for a significant part of your damage, so…