Stop changing the dailies. They are annoying

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: VforVendetta.4328

VforVendetta.4328

I do understand why they changed the daily as the original daily was the same thing over and over.

I am really NOT liking the new dailies at all the last few patches.

Certain things have always been annoying and never worked right.

1. Dodge daily seems to work a % of the time but not always 100%. AND YES I know how to dodge correctly.

If we are going to change up the dailies, we also need to change the pay out in silver cost. This 5 silver payment I am getting for the daily with me having to bounce all over the map is NOT a great payout.

I am not exactly sure how people are able to get the amount of gold they get, but as a player who started pretty close to the start of GW2, I am NOT in large amounts of gold. I think my best player is floating around 25g on that one char and the others I have are about 3-5g if that.

So I personally cannot understand how anyone can afford these weapons that are purple and 1400g. I don’t think I have ever had that much gold. Yet in every other MMO like WOW, SWTOR, SWG, Ultima Online I have always had millions of gold. Here I am lucky if I can make gold at all and YES I know how to farm.

Either way, I am here to say I am NOT a fan of this ever changing daily experience. Either give us some better pay outs for the daily or stop making us run across the map for peanuts.

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

Doing dailies for gold is not the best way to farm; it is decent for karma, but not gold.

The OP seemed to have ended up in a different place than where it started.

I agree some consistency in dailies would be nice, though. Maybe they can rotate only some of the choices.

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

If anything, I find the dailies to be easier now. You can probably get around 3-4 just by playing normally then just put a little effort into the last one, pick whichever you find the easiest and bam! Daily complete!

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

There is nobody who will come and punish you for failing to complete your daily.

It is an additional reward that should come about through casual gameplay.

If you ignore your daily entirely, play the game casually, and before you log off check up on the progress, you will probably notice that you either already completed it, or are very close to doing so.

Even if you haven’t completed it… and you are like “OMG GATHER 20 NODES!?! WHAT THE HELL?! I’M NOT DOING THAT!”

There is no punishment for not completing your daily, and there is no reason to complain about it.

If you want to be rewarded, you need to put in effort. It sounds to me as if you want to be rewarded for no effort… (and ironically you can complete your daily on most days with little to no effort whatsoever through casual gameplay)

Posted by: stobie.2134

stobie.2134

Dodge is the easiest, fastest daily there is – it has shoved gathering aside, laughed at crafting, & so long as a thief with a spear can swim around, it’s the best. And you can be on a baby thief – it doesn’t matter. My record so far is full dodge daily in 4 quests.

Posted by: interpol.2397

interpol.2397

I find it going faster for me now. I was running around WvW and PvE yesterday, just doing random stuff, and my dailies kept pinging off, and all of a sudden I get the reward.

Didn’t usually happen like that with the old dailies – I had to go find a lake and sit there killing things, or map to LA to talk to a vendor even if I was kinda in the middle of something, because I was running out of time.
There are just so many of them that you’re bound to hit at least 2 even if you’re just farming CoF all day long. Before, not so much.

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

These are pretty much the same dailies + the ability to choose if you don’t like one or the other, can’t really understand the complaint.

Dodging daily is probably the second easiest to do, just after the crafting one. If you have trouble doing it with regular mobs, find some earth elementals, when they spawn earth wall, dodge over it and you’ll get 1-2 evades, same works with other aoe skills.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Well with the new system you never have to do dodge daily if you don’t want to. (Not that you had to do it before, you could always skip those days and lose nothing.)

Also if you’re bouncing all over the map to do it then frankly you’re doing it wrong. Yes some of the new achievements require you to be in certain maps but if that’s inconvinient you can easily skip them. (Alternatively you can go to the Heart of the Mists, through the portal to LA, out to one of the racial cites and out the gate and you’re there for free.)

But since the update I’ve managed to do the daily every day I’ve been on with 2 characters (and therefore 2 maps) at most.

The best way is either to look at the list when you start playing and work out what you can do easily (or are going to be doing anyway) or wait until you’ve done most of what you wanted to do and then check your progress. Unless you’re somehow not killing enemies, not doing events, not gathering, not crafting, not doing WvW, not levelling, not salvaging items, not dodging etc. you should have at least come close to completing several of them.

And if you’re not doing any of that then I’d love to know what you are doing. I’ve managed to spend an hour or two at a time doing things that aren’t remotely productive (mainly climbing the scenery and/or taking screen shots) but not every day.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Daily Dodge is about triggering “Evade” when using the dodge-roll button to avoid an enemy attack.

For the rest, it seems like there’s a lot you don’t understand about the game.
Something for Arena Net to work on; it’s not even about “hand-holding” but giving the most basic introductory explanations to certain features.

Those purple items are known as “Legendaries”.
They’re the highest tier items that have very unique skins with special animations.
They take a ton of work to make, which is why they’re worth over “1400g”.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Enjoying the variety, the costume brawl one yesterday was fun. I dropped an event box for my server so people could get it done. Its nice having different goals everyday, thanks anet for switching it up and giving us a choice of which to do.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I like the new dailies, and yeah I’ve been getting around 7-9 of them every day, they really aren’t that hard, and getting at least five of them is easier than they ever were before. In the “original” list I always found Variety to be a hassle, or sometimes 5 events unless I was in an area with a farmable event chain, but the new ones are super lax. “Apply 50 conditions” took be no more than thirty seconds, it was only halfway through the first encounter in a dungeon.

The “Daily Dodge” one is annoying, because it only counts if you get a very near miss, and I tend to dodge out of the way far earlier, but the one in the new rotation seems to require half as many as they did last month. You need to time it so that the attack would hit you (not some guy next to you), and so that it just barely misses (not a full second before it lands). Other “easy” ways to bump your daily dodge, do a forward roll into a bear’s attack, the timing is easy, and dodging in rather than away seems to apply two or more ticks per and zero damage.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Stop whining about dailies, it’s annoying. It really needs to stop. Dailies were faceroll before the change, now faceroll is a understatement. Using dailies as a way to get gold is a really stupid idea. Use your knowledge about earning millions of gold in other games and apply it to this one until you find a method that works. Also dailies are OPTIONAL, you’re not require or will be punished if you do not do them, and don’t give me some bs about laurels. You will be able to acquire laurels from different things in the near future, so just chillax.

Everyone just chillax.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Dodge is the easiest, fastest daily there is – it has shoved gathering aside, laughed at crafting, & so long as a thief with a spear can swim around, it’s the best. And you can be on a baby thief – it doesn’t matter. My record so far is full dodge daily in 4 quests.

I laugh at the idea of dodge as the easiest daily. Condition applier is obviously easier — with the right character. Using harpoon gun on thief I thought to do underwater and conditions at the same time — and completed conditions in < 3 kills.

Posted by: scinder.8315

scinder.8315

The new dailes are a great improvement. I rarely have to know what i’m doing before I’ve completed most of them. They are very transparent which is a really good thing.

Still mixed opinions on the monthly as I feel there isn’t enough to do for that. I’ll have it completed tomorrow already and I’ve not gone out of my way to do any of it.

There are plenty of ways to make money and to get the items you really want takes some effort. It’s not meant to hand them to you on a platter.

You think conditions are easy? One button press underwater completes the dodge achievement on a thief :o

(edited by scinder.8315)

Posted by: stobie.2134

stobie.2134

One day, we’ll get underwater/dodge AND condition, & my thief will be very happy.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Anyone else find someone who uses V for Vendetta as a tag being annoyed by change ironic?

Posted by: Valdur.3607

Valdur.3607

Honestly I don’t understand all the rant about the dailies,I found it easier to achieve now add to that that you have the choice to do the one you want to do and yet you still can do most of them by simply playing.

Danikat.8537

I laugh at the idea of dodge as the easiest daily. Condition applier is obviously easier — with the right character. Using harpoon gun on thief I thought to do underwater and conditions at the same time — and completed conditions in < 3 kills.

I think the easiest has to be talking to 1 laurel merchant. Although I doubt we’ll see that one again. (I assume it was just there to make sure people knew what was available.)

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

If they would give us access to the entire pool of options instead of mixing it up every day, nobody would complain. Yes, most people would take what they find to be easiest each day but would it really matter? They’ll finish their stuff one way or another.

The current system is just a constant stream of annoyment.

Danikat.8537

I want to amend what I said earlier. Condition applier is incredibly easy. I just did it on a level 4 ranger using a longbow during 1 section of a personal story mission.

I was thinking I would have to switch characters, or at least switch weapons, to get it because the longbow has just 2 skills that cause conditions and I had no utilities or traits. But then I got the pop-up saying I’d done it. Without even trying.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

One does not do dailies for gold…

Posted by: rodneydanger.7084

rodneydanger.7084

I currently am doing the daily and monthly on two accounts. I picked the 2nd account up when the game was selling dirt cheap. I am already 3/4 done with the monthly, this month was easy, thank you Anet.

As for the daily, wow, since they did the change each day never seems to be a huge challenge to get out of the way. The randomness of the daily choices is what makes it fun to do, and I did notice some days are a bit easier than others. You have to expect that when they give us changing choices each day.

Last night I did the daily on both accounts in under 45 minutes, very pleasantly surprised. To me I am for the new dailies.

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

I can choose what to do, so it’s an improvement.
I like how they are now.

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

New goals everyday is great, so you dont just repeat the same stuff over and over, they are NOT annoying to me at all, thanks devs

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Most of the daily objectives can be achieved by simply playing the game as usual. Dodge rolling is one of the fastest so I don’t know why you’re complaining about it. Other than the variation certainly beats the old repetitive dailies.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: Aank.4837

Aank.4837

Wow, people will really complain about anything. Most days, because you have more variety in dailies, I wind up finishing off 2 or 3 categories simultaneously.

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

Enjoying the variety, the costume brawl one yesterday was fun. I dropped an event box for my server so people could get it done. Its nice having different goals everyday, thanks anet for switching it up and giving us a choice of which to do.

critickitten.1498, he thinks you are wrong to believe that…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/One-core-flaw-in-my-opinion/first

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

I’m convinced that if you gave gamers a million dollars they would still complain about it, why wasn’t it a million and one.

There are some things worthy to complain about (i.e. culling) but this is certainly not one of them.