Stop charging me to sell on tp

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

The initial charge to sell on the tp needs to stop. I hate throwing away gold to put something up again that didn’t sell. Charge me when it sold, not to list.

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

One reason the charge exists it to prevent that you use the TP to store items, by listing them with a very high sell price.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

The initial charge to sell on the tp needs to stop. I hate throwing away gold to put something up again that didn’t sell. Charge me when it sold, not to list.

So it’s working as intended?

Great.

There is a reason for the charge, you not accepting or agreeing to this reason does not disqualify it.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

As noted above, not having the charge makes it easy to use the TP as your personal storage. Someone, for example, could list thousands of stacks of mats at an unsaleable price free of charge and store them that way. To get them back, just cancel the posting.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

Another reason is to make sure people don’t constantly relist an item in order to ‘undercut’ sell listings at no penalty. This way people have to think about the price they pick for their listing. On top of that this also makes the profit margin of TP flipping smaller, but that’s more of a side-effect than a reason. Not to mention it drains gold out of the game to make sure prices of items don’t rise to abnormal values.

Posted by: Luvok.5697

Luvok.5697

Yes, it stops it from being storage and also functions as a gold sink to prevent further inflation.

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

it shouldn’t charge u for choosing the highest buy offer. technically u aren’t listing it for sell, u are directly selling it, it never gets listed. so remove that 5% for not listing but for selling direct

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

Sorry, i never thought players would abuse the tp for that.

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

Yep as others have said, they don’t want people using the bank as a personal storage device. It also encourages sellers to be competitive which is good for buyers.

Just a flesh wound.3589

it shouldn’t charge u for choosing the highest buy offer. technically u aren’t listing it for sell, u are directly selling it, it never gets listed. so remove that 5% for not listing but for selling direct

That would steadily drive prices down if people who are willing to price higher and wait get penalized while those who sell at the current lowest price get a better deal.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Players will abuse any and every thing to their advantage.

Jaxom.7310

That would steadily drive prices down if people who are willing to price higher and wait get penalized while those who sell at the current lowest price get a better deal.

tru up to a pt where that 5% is balanced out by the diff between highest buyer and lowest seller. but it would reward people to paid the attention +time to fig the best deal.

also it’d make more people willing to sell to the buy offer, rite neow i almost never do cause its usu not worth it, but if i git to save a lil monies, i mite

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Players will abuse any and every thing to their advantage.

This.^^

(And note how I abused the reply feature to my advantage just to say this.)

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Just a flesh wound.3589

tru up to a pt where that 5% is balanced out by the diff between highest buyer and lowest seller. but it would reward people to paid the attention +time to fig the best deal.

also it’d make more people willing to sell to the buy offer, rite neow i almost never do cause its usu not worth it, but if i git to save a lil monies, i mite

5% versus 15% difference? That extra 10% over time adds up to quite a bite. Every item sold at a higher price would need to be priced to account for that extra 10% charge that the “sell to lowest price” wouldn’t have to pay. Most people would be unwilling to take that extra 10% loss or to spend time figuring it out, and would sell at lowest, driving the prices down. Good for buyers. Bad for sellers.

ANet may give it to you.

Just a flesh wound.3589

And what if a poor person gets a lucky drop that he doesn’t need, but it would cost him like fifty gold to list? Does he need to save money just to sell it?

Yesterday a member of my guild directly sold a precursor through mail to another guildie, just to avoid listing fee.

Yes. He needs to either save up or borrow the gold. Just because the items is high priced doesn’t exempt it from the rules. The TP is also a scam safe way to sell things. If his guildie had kept the item and the gold he would have lost 100% of the sale, not just 15%.

ANet may give it to you.

Jaxom.7310

5% versus 15% difference? That extra 10% over time adds up to quite a bite. Every item sold at a higher price would need to be priced to account for that extra 10% charge that the “sell to lowest price” wouldn’t have to pay. Most people would be unwilling to take that extra 10% loss or to spend time figuring it out, and would sell at lowest, driving the prices down. Good for buyers. Bad for sellers.

i agree. and i’d be ok w/ that. the whole tp setup is already seller biased. in <10 secs u can see what the lowest price is and just drop yours by a copper and now u are in front of the sell line.

Just a flesh wound.3589

i agree. and i’d be ok w/ that. the whole tp setup is already seller biased. in <10 secs u can see what the lowest price is and just drop yours by a copper and now u are in front of the sell line.

Let’s say you’re selling a lot of different items. That’s 10 seconds. And then 10 seconds and then 10 seconds and then 10 seconds…..

It all adds up, all that extra time to figure out how much extra to list it for just to break even. Most people aren’t going to take that extra time to calculate that extra cost then list it for that extra amount plus more to make a profit. No. Most will sell to the lowest price and as each person does that the prices inexorably drop.

ANet may give it to you.

Jaxom.7310

Let’s say you’re selling a lot of different items. That’s 10 seconds. And then 10 seconds and then 10 seconds and then 10 seconds…..

It all adds up, all that extra time to figure out how much extra to list it for just to break even. Most people aren’t going to take that extra time to calculate that extra cost then list it for that extra amount plus more to make a profit. No. Most will sell to the lowest price and as each person does that the prices inexorably drop.

right, i agree almost completely. only diff is i think its a good thang, u think its a baddie, so is wat it is

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

One reason the charge exists it to prevent that you use the TP to store items, by listing them with a very high sell price.

Unless, of course, it was reversed – and you are only charged (a higher rate than now) if you remove the item from its listing. Would make more sense, in my opinion. Tax on sales could still be a thing, but that’s a very high tax at the moment, especially since it goes to NPCs, who are usually pretty happy just to buy complete junk from players (yay, our tax money’s being used to buy our trophy/junk items).

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Especially since GW2 doesn’t have a messaging system like Elder Scrolls Online, where you can sell items directly via message – and the message requires the recipient to pay before he/she can take the items out of the delivery.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Oh yeah, I used to do it with silk and leather when they were very cheap. Cost nothing to store it all. And then I logged on one day to find it had all been sold and I had a bunch of gold waiting for me.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?