Stop making outfits!!!

Stop making outfits!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Captain Swag.5893

Captain Swag.5893

Stop making outfits! We cant pick and choose pieces to match with our armor sets, it’s all or nothing, and LOTS of people don’t like that. There are SEVERAL outfits that would be better off as armor sets, and if they were armor sets and not outfits, I would happily purchase some of them to be able to meld them to my liking with my other gear.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Wylf.2586

Wylf.2586

Stop making outfits! We cant pick and choose pieces to match with our armor sets, it’s all or nothing, and LOTS of people don’t like that.

That’s nice and all (and quite honestly, I agree), but as long as there’s a market for it (as in, enough people actually buying the stuff) I kinda doubt that you can convince arenanet to just… stop doing it.

Best way is to vote with your wallet and just not buy the outfits.

’twas right, said they, such birds to slay, that bring the fog and mist.

Nilfa, Asura Thief, Devona’s Rest

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

My only problem with outfits, as I’ve stated several times, is let us change the helms like we could in GW1! Do it! Add a toggle to hide outfit Helm and let it show your equipped helm unless that is also toggled hidden.

I’ll just toss this here too. MEOW!

Hats are as important as Life. I learned this from TF2.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Captain Swag.5893

Captain Swag.5893

Stop making outfits! We cant pick and choose pieces to match with our armor sets, it’s all or nothing, and LOTS of people don’t like that.

That’s nice and all (and quite honestly, I agree), but as long as there’s a market for it (as in, enough people actually buying the stuff) I kinda doubt that you can convince arenanet to just… stop doing it.

The thing is, they’d coax my wallet out of hiding by making them more accessible as armor sets instead of outfits. They look fantastic, but not ALL of every set is great. I want to hide this piece of swap X piece with Y piece.

Lots of others feel the same way.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Pockethole.5031

Pockethole.5031

I kinda doubt that you can convince arenanet to just… stop doing it.

I loathe replies that seem to have the purpose of making very subject of the thread useless.

Do you really think, that if you just sit quietly, things will work out? It’s the same as being jobless and expecting the world to pay for your living.
…well, nope, you gotta make some noise to make anything happen.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I guess it really depends on what you mean by “working out.”

It does not appear the mix-n-match crowd was large enough to support that sort of development. Sounds like it’s working out exactly how it should be.

I mean, there was a 500+ page RIOT about this very issue, and Arena.net didn’t budge. I’m dubious another thread voicing this displeasure is going to change their mind.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

i dont have a problem with outfits!
everyone who likes them can buy and use them!

but PLEEEEASE anet

also release these armors as actual ARMORS!
i dont see any reason that speaks against releasing it as outfit + armorsets

because it makes me soooo SAD that see such well designs being wasted (for me and a lot of others) since they cant be mix and matched!!

Pleeeease :/

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

That’s because you don’t understand how their armor mesh/models work. Neither do I, in fact. So I just have to believe them when they say it’s a lot more work to make armor than it is outfits.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: CobrasVenom.6539

CobrasVenom.6539

It’d be nice if they could release new skins as an armor and an outfit, though some outfits look like they just wouldn’t work as armors. (Like the Arcane one, and the Crystal Nomad one.)
I at least want them to do this if they put Melandru’s ‘armor’ into the gem store. That’d go perfectly with some sylvari Cultural stuff, and I can’t mix-n-match if it’s an outfit! (sylvari are in dire need of more planty sets anyway)

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

I would prefer armour sets because of the mix & match. I never use the outfits.
I know that its easier to make outfits since one fits all and the armours need to be made
for every armour type, but still they are so much better.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

Hi there,

I wanted to say I hate outfits and I hope we will see more gemstore armor sets soon. If not, well no money from me. Outfits idea is a lazy cash grab and I don’t suport lazy marketing. Make an effort, make more armors.

Toodles.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I share your frustration with the Outfit system they have in place. Every time I see another one released I roll my eyes and grumble a bit. However there are people that like them, so they should continue to make outfits for those people. The outfits themselves aren’t hurting my game — but I do wish they’d balance their release with proper armor skins.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

Some outfits are nice gimmicks and I’ve bought some of them.
It was ok, as long as there were some armor-sets inbetween to further improve your character-design. Now it’s just outfit here, outfit there and I’m so kitten sick of it.
Instead of creative mix-n-match, we can slap a uni-part over it and be done with it. Blegh!

Anet finally starts to put some effort into asuran feet though, that’s at least something good.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

Some outfits are definitely better as outfits than armor skins, due to clipping and such

but i do agree that the trend lately of releasing a ton of outfits and not many new armor sets is a bit saddening.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Clipping issues are one good reason.

Glorious Human Master Race

Stop making outfits!!!

Orangensaft.7139

having the set as armor even if quite a few combinations would clip is still 1000000x better than not having it at all or not?

26x lvl 80 Characters

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

there is nothing wrong with having outfits here and there… specially holiday themed stuff and some noble attires to have something into that direction for every weight class, there never was anything wrong with that. I mean we had town clothes earlier that got cursed to live on as tonics and be useless and now we get them basically replaced with outfits… but there comes a point where its enough. I came to the game with many reasons… and one of them is end game based on visuals rather then gear grind…so yea.. how about i get some more darn end game where i can put my look together with new parts and more then 4 colour slots like before. Since 1 year we barely got any new parts. Sure… there where the pvp armors and the caprax ones…aswell their colour locked clones i “semi ignore” cause they are technically the same deal…just baby blue and glowy aswell some weightless pieces…so yea…

In a game where visuals ARE end game and that made it soooo much more convinient to change your look by putting the charges you need to do so into your darn wallet AND making the wardrobe displaying every available skin you can use as soon as you click onto the part you wanna change i would expect that the devs would milk this feature till the cows come home. They now even display every darn colour available in the game there now to make it even more simple and convinient to mix and match and match the colours of the pieces.. that many times got different shades. So yea… then why in everything thats good and evil they dont shower people with skins at atleast every 2nd gem store update with atleast 1 new skin pack for atleast 1 weight class?
Armors designed for classes in mind, “crazy” stuff, evil, angelic, stuff designed in the way one of the 5 races would design it, stupid hats.. EVERYTHING and that in bulk. People would buy it…trust me on that. But nope.. outfits is the way now…look like everybody else and use 4 colour slots (3 at the balthasar armor btw…so have fun) only to drive it in…like in a game that uses sprites rather then 3d models (whats not a shot at games like this). Seriosly a-net.. wtf…

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

That’s because you don’t understand how their armor mesh/models work. Neither do I, in fact. So I just have to believe them when they say it’s a lot more work to make armor than it is outfits.

“more work” is not an excuse to cut corners and be lazy as a corporation.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

I love outfits, some of them actually look nice. I hate most heavy and medium armor, so outfits are good replacements.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Outfits arent Class Armor locked like armor skins are.

Thats why I like it.

Stop making outfits!!!

Orangensaft.7139

I love outfits, some of them actually look nice. I hate most heavy and medium armor, so outfits are good replacements.

why dont you grant others the fun of mix and matching though?

you could just buy a light version of the armorset if they release it as a real armor!
or maybe they even release it as universal class armor (1x bought unlocked for every armor class)
your hate for medium and heavy armor is absolutely no reason at all not to bring it as armor ?!

so why would you be so evil to be against something that doesnt hurt you while it would make tons of other players happy?

26x lvl 80 Characters

Stop making outfits!!!

Orangensaft.7139

Outfits arent Class Armor locked like armor skins are.

Thats why I like it.

thats NOT AT ALL an argument in favor of outfits!!!
armor skins are NOT necessarily class locked… there are already quite a few examples for that!!!
they could just make the armorset available for every class!

it is about the mix and matching that is impossible with outfits and why so many people find them horrible…..it just seems like a waste of good design if they only come out as an outfit… anet should release it as outfit and armor

26x lvl 80 Characters

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

More work is absolutely a consideration when making something new. If you make a new suit of armor that takes 5 times as long as an outfit, that means you can only make 20% of them.

That means that you’d need five times as many people to buy the armor as to buy the outfit to break even, if that were the ratio.

What you call lazy, some would call a good business decision.

People throw around the word lazy often when a decision is made they don’t like. It’s an easy (even lazy) way to try to make a point.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Resource expenditure vs return on investment is very much an, “excuse,” for design decisions.

Stop making outfits!!!

Orangensaft.7139

More work is absolutely a consideration when making something new. If you make a new suit of armor that takes 5 times as long as an outfit, that means you can only make 20% of them.

That means that you’d need five times as many people to buy the armor as to buy the outfit to break even, if that were the ratio.

What you call lazy, some would call a good business decision.

People throw around the word lazy often when a decision is made they don’t like. It’s an easy (even lazy) way to try to make a point.

who says they need to make a new set of armor?

they already have ALL the outfits designed…
just need to put in a bit more work to make 6 separate pieces out of it

even if some of them clip with certain other armor pieces it is NO problem!

most of the existing armor has more or less other armorpieces that clip with it too!
noone expects armorsets where every piece fits to every other armor ingame…

players will search and find the combinations that can look good!
thats what they want and what is so good about being able to mix and match to find even more epic looks/better to the character fitting looks ….

26x lvl 80 Characters

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I would prefer that Anet not stop making outfits. I like having more options for looks while leveling, and do not like spending 4 TC’s every 5-6 levels when I change gear. ANet has made armor sets in the store, armor pieces in the store, armor sets and pieces earned in game, and outfits. They’re mixing it up, so different groups can each have something they prefer. I’d prefer they keep doing that, too.

Stop making outfits!!!

Orangensaft.7139

I would prefer that Anet not stop making outfits. I like having more options for looks while leveling, and do not like spending 4 TC’s every 5-6 levels when I change gear. ANet has made armor sets in the store, armor pieces in the store, armor sets and pieces earned in game, and outfits. They’re mixing it up, so different groups can each have something they prefer. I’d prefer they keep doing that, too.

im not at all requesting them to stop making outfits
i dont agree with the OP on that..

but

they could release these already designed sets as armorsets TOO by investing just a bit of more work into it to cut the set into 6 armorpieces…

then everyone could be happy

PS:
i dont think they need to release the costume brawl & holiday outfits
(like Wintersday, King Thorn etc) as armorsets
but all the non-costumebrawl sets that are designed like a realistic armorset

im getting so sad when i see well designed armorpieces on outfits but cant mix and match them to create the perfect look

26x lvl 80 Characters

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

they could just make the armorset available for every class!

They literally can’t do that, because of the way the armor classes work. They’d have to make a seperate version for each armor class, and they might as well make a new set entirely at that point. And of course all three versions would be sold individually at 800 gems apiece like all the other armor in the gem store…

This also means that if they hypothetically turned outfits into armor, they’d be locked to a single armor class, again like the existing gem store armor.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Here’s something for everyone to chew on, and a question for you. This is just an example and in no way reflects reality, but, consider it might take them a week to design an outfit. Now take that week and multiply 50 fold to design an armor set, that gives you some idea of the complexity involved in making an armor set vs an outfit. Now the question, would those of you wanting armor skins instead be willing to pay 3000 gems for an armor skin vs 800 for an outfit?

For those that think it’s just a bit more work to make an armor set vs an outfit, you’re in fantasy land, it’s a lot more complex than you think and takes a considerable amount of addition time, resources and money…all of which come out of the same budge so that would reduce the amount of money for some other area of development.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

@ Zaklex

Even if it takes 50 times longer to make an armor set versus an outfit, which I don’t believe for one second, I would still want them to make more armor sets.
For me Quality > Quantity.

Yet I would still want them to keep making the occasional outfit too, for those people that like them.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Here’s something for everyone to chew on, and a question for you. This is just an example and in no way reflects reality, but, consider it might take them a week to design an outfit. Now take that week and multiply 50 fold to design an armor set, that gives you some idea of the complexity involved in making an armor set vs an outfit. Now the question, would those of you wanting armor skins instead be willing to pay 3000 gems for an armor skin vs 800 for an outfit?

For those that think it’s just a bit more work to make an armor set vs an outfit, you’re in fantasy land, it’s a lot more complex than you think and takes a considerable amount of addition time, resources and money…all of which come out of the same budge so that would reduce the amount of money for some other area of development.

Excellent question.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

This is definitely a matter of quantity over quality in my opinion. They appear to be taking the route that will make them the most amount of money for much less work than creating an entire armor set.
I can’t really blame them for wanting to make more money for less work, but I think cosmetics like this isn’t something that should be skimped out on, especially in a game that focuses on cosmetics being part of the endgame.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

I’m fine with them focusing on Outfits for the gemstore as long as the time/resources they save in doing so allow them to create a wide range of real armor sets for HOT. Although, since HOT isn’t out yet I can only hope that this is true.

Although I would rather have these outfits as armor sets, at least they aren’t completely terrible since they allow for infinite transmutations and you aren’t botched if you like an armor set but the profession you want to put it on can’t use it.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Please keep making more outfits. They’re awesome. Armors would be nice too, though. Thank you!

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

It’s probably much easier to create outfits than armor sets because the chest and the legs are the worst offenders with the clipping.

They should just make some armors pieces that cover both the legs and the chest slots and have 2x the stats, rune slots, etc like in Skyrim, and you could still mix-and-match helm, shoulders, gloves and boots.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

Pros of Outfits:
1Any weight class can wear it.
1a Greater value because all your characters can wear it
2 No need for transmutation stones
2a Greater value because you don’t need to possibly spend gems or the equivalent on transmutation er charges.
3. You can’t mix & match them in an obnoxious/ugly/whatev way (i’m looking at you GW1 underwear mesmers – Pants top + leggings that went with a dress). This is probably what would happen if you made some of these outfits into armor sets along with some major clipping, etc.

Cons:
No Mix & Match
Less dye variety

Pros of Armor sets:
1. Mix & Match
2. More dye variety

Cons of Armor sets:
lesser value,
If some outfits were made into armor sets either ugly mix and match options or major clipping,
lots of transmutation stones necessary
only work on some of your characters
more expensive if you only like one piece of the set

So please, keep outfits

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

they will just keep making outfit. outfit get big income,

think about it.
1 set armor skin cost 800gem
the game designer need to design 3 set plus combination each part.

1 set outfit 700 gem
1 set design no combination.

save labour fees, safe time big profit.

WHY NOT.. they will never change….

Stop making outfits!!!

segman.3560

Oh paid bots became active again

I hate outfits and I’m going to voice my opinion about this lazy cash grab in every related thread. This is good there are many people sharing my idea. Maybe, just maybe they still care about how people feel when they put trash on gemstore.

I am against outfits because they limit my choice, they have no value to me when bajillion of clones stand next to me in Lion’s Arch or other city. Some say this is “a business” choice. This is a company, everything thay do is the business choice even if it’s bad (like removing gem custom exchange last time). Maybe we should make some magazines write negative articles about those lazy outfits? They react with the speed of light when PR is in danger.

Last but not least, this is an armor heavily connected to the game lore. This is god’s armor! This should be a big in-game reward, dunno human t4 cultural? First legendary set? But no, we get a beautiful texture with lost potential because it’s a lazy outfit. It doesn’t even make sense to other races to wear it >_>

It’s good to see all disappointed customers uniting in this threads about outfits. Let them hear us.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

they will just keep making outfit. outfit get big income,

think about it.
1 set armor skin cost 800gem
the game designer need to design 3 set plus combination each part.

1 set outfit 700 gem
1 set design no combination.

save labour fees, safe time big profit.

WHY NOT.. they will never change….

You seemed to ignore one particular point in your comparison. If ANet is releasing 3 combinations of armor sets for each weight, it means potentially 3x as many sales, which makes up for the extra time. In a sense, they might actually be gimping themselves by only releasing one new outfit now and then, rather than three new armor sets each time, especially given how many players seem to prefer armor sets over outfits if the forums are any indication.

(edited by Tenrai Senshi.2017)

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I like outfits. For some of my toons, I like the simplicity of not having to micromanage their armor skins and colors.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

My question would then be this, if outfits are so much easier to make, why are they being charged about as much as armor sets then? Why not be sold at a cheaper price? Why must it always be the longer process made more expensive, and not the shorter process made cheaper?

As it is right now, I’m not even willing to buy outfits, simply because they lack customization. To me, if a product on sale is giving me less features than another product of a similar type, then it should be charged for at a much lower price. You don’t go buy a car that has no air conditioning, airbags, electric windows or power steering and expect to pay a similar price for another car with all those features included.

At the same time, however, you can’t just increase the price of gem store armor just try try make outfits more appealing, because the price of gem store armor still has to compete with the availability of in game armor. If I can get T3 cultural armor for 150 gold and there’s gem store armor that sells for 500+ gold that is of a similar level of quality, I’ll never buy the gem store armor. Both took the same amount of time and effort to make, so why would I buy the one that costs more than 5x the amount? It just wouldn’t make sense. It would also make it very inaccessible for a majority of players if you start charging exorbitant prices, which would decrease overall sales for ANet.

In my opinion, the whole situation is very lopsided. I think ANet, in many ways, is letting down the community by over-focussing on outfits while introducing very few new armor sets for those who prefer customization. I wouldn’t mind if it was a 50/50 split with regards to armor being released vs outfits, but as it is right now, outfits are way too much of a priority.

(edited by Tenrai Senshi.2017)

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

I like outfits, my only problem is they started making items chinese.
Last items introduced for gems are too chinese although I understand why: they released GW2 in China.
I would love more outfits in gem store. Keep them coming (not the chinese ones).

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Stop making outfits! We cant pick and choose pieces to match with our armor sets, it’s all or nothing, and LOTS of people don’t like that. There are SEVERAL outfits that would be better off as armor sets, and if they were armor sets and not outfits, I would happily purchase some of them to be able to meld them to my liking with my other gear.

actually, i like the option to be able to completely change my character’s appearance just by clicking 1 button, and not having to take 6 slots of inventory for a secondary
look.

So, yes to outfits, but keep the new armor skins flowing please.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Please keep making more outfits. They’re awesome. Armors would be nice too, though. Thank you!

Remember that there are armour sets datamined, just waiting for polishing up and release.

:)

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Stop making outfits!!!

segman.3560

Remember that there are armour sets datamined, just waiting for polishing up and release.

:)

There is also a polearm datamined 2 years ago. Still waiting.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

I understand the points for, and I would prefer if they were in parts as well. I’d like to even be able to use the outfit, but use my own helm, or gloves, and visa versa. But:

You are forgetting that Outfits do not require transmutation charges to change…. They are inherently more valuable than armor sets for that reason. I often use an outfit on leveling characters since they removed transmutation stones. The things that only worked on level 79 and lower stuff, making them only useful for leveling alts. I would have even more distaste for leveling characters now vs vanilla if I didn’t have a couple outfits to use.

Also, Anet likes making them because they are simpler than producing armor sets. Which means slightly more outfits slightly more often. Though I doubt it is really more than 10% easier, 20% at the most. They still have to be designed for all races and weight classes regardless.

I would prefer they make gem store armor skins free to transmute before ditching the outfits.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Reason I’m never buying outfits.. I have 2 .. and i think one or both was from halloween so that was alright but ive only ever used em once… their boring on their own and as you cant mix n match.. their pointless….

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: Elestian.6134

Elestian.6134

Once again, most people seem intent on limiting solutions to either-or scenarios. There’s no reason ANet can’t both continue to support/produce outfits and also make them available as individual skins through the wardrobe. This does not demand that new skins be produced for each armor weight, as has been done for the traditional armor sets. People simply want options, and it’s hard to argue against.

Moreover, I suspect ANet may already be working within their old skinning system, and that outfits are already individual skins in some way flagged as being part of a set. This might explain how helmets are hidden on outfits in the same way they are for armor. (That shoulders and gloves cannot be hidden could be an arbitrary limitation and design decision.)

I’m not at all familiar with their back end, so I’d defer to the better judgment of someone who is (i.e. ANet, that_shaman).

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

having the set as armor even if quite a few combinations would clip is still 1000000x better than not having it at all or not?

I never got the obsession with the (teh?) clipping. It never bothered me before and even if I noticed it, I can’t imagine being so retentive that I’d be happy that mix and match is gone because of it.

Stop making outfits!!!

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

The problem is there are enough people on the healthy and appropriate train out there that are perfectly happy with the new pieces, and were the catalyst for certain pieces not being converted to something useful.

I’m sure they are looking forward to the next piece.

Attachments: