Stop moving nodes every 2 days!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jaka.9635

jaka.9635

Can’t you leave them for a week?
No need for the locations to change each day/2 days…

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

node locations change when an update happens since there have been smaller patches during the event the nodes have been jumping around more than usual it is however not the norm.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Nodes move every time there’s a server restart. So every patch they will jump around.

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

I like that they move. It’s like a treasure hunt!!!

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Moving nodes keeps the game from being a farm run. God forbid you have to find the expensive crafting materials that you’re just going to flip on the TP after you run all your alts. Sorry for the jaded tone but I’m sick of hearing everyone whine about having to work for stuff.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Some people might hate me for doing this but there are some helpful sites out there for gatherers.

Noteably..

www.orrmaps.com

and

www.gw2nodes.com

If you are looking for lower level materials those sites won’t be helpful to you but then again low level materials are easier to find to begin with.

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

Just go to gw2nodes. Next, find the server that has the shortest/easiest run. Guest to that server and profit. Rinse/repeat w/each reset. It’s 2013, ain’t nobody got time for treasure hunting!

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

Moving nodes keeps the game from being a farm run. God forbid you have to find the expensive crafting materials that you’re just going to flip on the TP after you run all your alts. Sorry for the jaded tone but I’m sick of hearing everyone whine about having to work for stuff.

On the flip side, I get sick of people thinking that we should treat a game as work. I have enough work with work. A game should be fun; one which encourages boring repetitive tasks to get rewards has fallen into what I consider bad design.

You may think that being willing to grind through this makes you more deserving … I don’t think there’s anything admirable about enduring grinding. (Which means I consider my AP score (>12k) more of an embarrassment than anything else. Not enough to quit yet, though; I guess there are still things I find fun or satisfying.)

I’m OK with node changes on server reset — keeps things more interesting. I don’t think it stops bots in the slightest, but there are sites which limit the tedious part of running around the map (and yes, I’ve occasionally updated gw2nodes.com), and I kind of like that form of community.

Posted by: F I R S T.3976

F I R S T.3976

I agree with the TS. Its basically doing the same thing over and over even if they move it to a different location or not(don’t thing they have too). I bet those who gather t6 nodes most of the time would agree on this too and Those who gather seldom probably dont give a kitten about it at all. yeah, yeah we know those website already. i love gathering, been doing it for more than a year now and it really pays off. 20g a day while running around for less than 2 hours is way better than staring at the tp while waiting for something(!).

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger

Posted by: F I R S T.3976

F I R S T.3976

Also, if you noticed that the previews position of nodes before the oct 15th patch lasted for more than 2weeks if i remember it correctly.

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

Hey at least their nodes are dynamic and ever changing in stark contrast to their dynamic events that are stuck in a endles loop.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

nodes location will also change if there happen to be no one on the map, which explain southsun nodes can change between your characters..

i even experienced malchor’s leap nodes change between my character once…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

On the flip side, I get sick of people thinking that we should treat a game as work. I have enough work with work. A game should be fun; one which encourages boring repetitive tasks to get rewards has fallen into what I consider bad design.

“Work” in this context actually means “effort”.

You are supposed to invest effort in the game activities. If you get stuff with no effort, it won’t be fun at all. If gathering is too repetitive for your taste, you can gather some of the mats you need and buy the rest.

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

Hey at least their nodes are dynamic and ever changing in stark contrast to their dynamic events that are stuck in a endles loop.

Attachments:

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

It is not … umm .. flipping if you actually gather the stuff yourself. It’s flipping when you buy low and re-sell high, that’s at least the gist of it.

I’d just like to get my own radar and not goto website X, but that would just be my preference and is not really a complaint.

Now I think champ locations and maybe spawn times should shuffle every time as well.

Work for your game or do you want to play forever?!

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Some people might hate me for doing this but there are some helpful sites out there for gatherers.

I knew about orrmaps but I didn’t know about gw2nodes, thanks for the link! That looks like a much more useful site.

I guess having those stagnant would get boring, they’ll be much less annoying with gw2nodes

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

“Work” in this context actually means “effort”.

You are supposed to invest effort in the game activities. If you get stuff with no effort, it won’t be fun at all. If gathering is too repetitive for your taste, you can gather some of the mats you need and buy the rest.

If effort includes some skill, or some activity which let me practice skills — then I’m happy with it. I’m fine with the idea of differentiating rewards based on something in-game.

OTOH — that “something” should not be willingness to repeat mind-numbingly boring, repetitive tasks, day-after-day. I don’t think that game design fosters a community that’s worth joining.

Let me put it another way — if this was work, the first thing I’d do is automate away the tedious parts, so I could spend “effort” on the interesting parts. Rewarding players for doing tedious operations which don’t involve practicing skills is (IMO) bad design. Maybe you like it; I don’t.

GW2 achievements are a mixed bag. Some encourage users to try new things, or revisit areas they haven’t seen in a while, or join with others in activities. I don’t mind these.

And node farming isn’t so bad once you find a map where the nodes are close to waypoints. And FGS nodes reset in ~5h (though you’re still limited per char/map), so this can be done fairly efficiently if you cycle through chars twice per day. For now, I’m satisfied with trying to make this efficient, and spending only a little time on this.

But saying that it should require effort is different from saying that this is the right way to require effort; and I find it absurd to hear that defense offered by apologists for bad design. The complaints I’ve seen are about the specific “efforts” required (tedious or uninteresting) and the amount of effort required for BiS gear. (I haven’t really complained about the latter, but I do understand the complaints. I don’t think ANet can pretend that BiS gear is available to casual players.)

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

Just go to gw2nodes. Next, find the server that has the shortest/easiest run. Guest to that server and profit. Rinse/repeat w/each reset. It’s 2013, ain’t nobody got time for treasure hunting!

Ain’t nobody got time for that!

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: greenthumb.7529

greenthumb.7529

so has gw2nodes just ..stopped working? or has it moved somwhere , it was a massive help and time saver for me, i need it back in my life!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t mind nodes changing on a predicatable schedule: ie – they change when we have an update. Of course, with the quick bug fixes right after a release it can get a little frustrating, but it smooths out. Then I can count on nodes being in the same place for a few days for my evening farming runs. Having to put in some effort to find them after an update is fine, having to do it every night is insane. I mean really, it takes quite a bit of time to map them all out sometimes, and that sort of kills any time I might have had to do other things on my evening to do list.

At this point, I’m completely skipping Malchor’s on my server during my ori run, because I don’t want to spend 30-45+ minutes finding the nodes every night.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I have found that Southsun can change very rapidly without an update. Doing a run then finding it different 1 hour latter is not really fun. GW2nodes seems to have become infested with trolls and the nodes are all over the place this past week or so.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

They should move daily with greater randomization. Nice way to counter attempts at botting… always keep ’em guessing.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

They should move daily with greater randomization. Nice way to counter attempts at botting… always keep ’em guessing.

Yes and no…. I mean, people just program the bots to run a loop anyway. So they just make it a bigger loop with more check points, killing everything along the way. It’s not really a good way to counter a botter, since there are distinct places where these nodes spawn. They just program the bot to check them all….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I have found that Southsun can change very rapidly without an update. Doing a run then finding it different 1 hour latter is not really fun. GW2nodes seems to have become infested with trolls and the nodes are all over the place this past week or so.

If noone is left in the instance it will be deleted from the server and a new one will be created once the next person joins. This results in new node locations every time.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

so has gw2nodes just ..stopped working? or has it moved somwhere , it was a massive help and time saver for me, i need it back in my life!

Huh .. hope they have just a temporary problem since i always use it to find the best server to harvest in Frostgorge with my 11 characters

At least it was still working yesterday.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.