Stop renaming people no reason

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Toxicity.5392

Toxicity.5392

Your naming policicy is frankly moronic and SENSELESS.

The following censorship has been done and needs to stop, given a poll I’m sure most of the community would agree with me:

Jerkface Jones (despite being a nice guy, lol)

Several religious names belonging to conqmax for 2 years were just deleted, one was just the name of an israel king and not even religious. NOBODY CARES AND IT’S NOT INAPPROPRIATE, BUT YOUR CENSORSHIP IS GROSSLY INAPPROPRIATE.

“hash” is censored, which invalidates a significant amount of japanese names like “mizuhashi” “hashiri” etc. Marijuana is legal and mainstream in many states and countries, you are not police, you aren’t our moms, you aren’t the Pope, you have no business telling us we can’t talk talk about pot or have the 4 letters ‘hash’ in our names.

If you have more, post, because this is absolutely insane, and Arenanet needs to be publicly shamed into realizing this is a downright horrible way to act.

UPDATE: Jerkface quit, good job anet.

[3:37:58 PM] Matthew Incognito: I’m going to just take care of kitten I should’ve been taking care of for a while now, but that kittenes me off severely.
[3:38:15 PM] Matthew Incognito: I literally have no idea what I’d rename to and won’t bother playing anymore more than likely.
[3:38:48 PM] Matthew Incognito: People have said to be patient if it’s not a bad name or whatever and you can usually push them into fixing it instead of just getting automated responses from interns.

I farm more than a chinese gold seller.

(edited by Toxicity.5392)

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

They may not be the Pope but they do own the game and thus can specify what naming conventions must be followed.

Hardly think the topic is insane and downright horrible and requires public shaming.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

You will likely be infracted and the thread deleted. I recommend using reddit if you really want you opinion to not be policed unfairly.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Toxicity.5392

Toxicity.5392

You will likely be infracted and the thread deleted. I recommend using reddit if you really want you opinion to not be policed unfairly.

I will be. This is horrible behavior.

I farm more than a chinese gold seller.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I will be. This is horrible behavior.

You probably wouldn’t be infracted if you went about it with about 30% less emotion. Yelling about how the inability to use “hash” in a name is a COMPLETE TRAVESTY just detracts from what overall might be a very valid and supported topic.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The naming policy is clear when the terms and conditions were signed. If anyone doesn’t agree, then they are simply free not to sign the agreement.

Censorship of names takes into account sensitivities across a range of cultures/countries the game is sold in. Religious names are absolutely a no no according to the naming policy.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I think they should be more strict with renaming people. I see a lot of outrageous names every day and nothing happens to them even after reporting.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.