Stop sell taxi for gold pavilion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iluvatar.4967

Iluvatar.4967

This situation is pathetic, people started to sell the taxi for the pavilion where they do gold challenge. I think that this kitten is not correct, then Anet take measures pls

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

Welcome to the wonderful world of open world coordinated zerg content.
Because raids are not social and only for mean and bad elitists ^-^

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

If people would organize in the instance they arrive in there would be less of an issue. They don’t so instead they pay for some bizarre reason.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

You are more than welcome to spend an hour organizing 6 commanders and trying to coordinate 50 people and then invite random pugs who might mess up all the work and waste your time for free if you want.

People who are willing to pay are much more likely to follow directions. There are lots of pavillion maps just waiting for you to organize them and spend your time and money to activate them.

No one is forcing you to pay, people pay because they don’t want to do the work themselves.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

You are more than welcome to spend an hour organizing 6 commanders and trying to coordinate 50 people and then invite random pugs who might mess up all the work and waste your time for free if you want.

People who are willing to pay are much more likely to follow directions. There are lots of pavillion maps just waiting for you to organize them and spend your time and money to activate them.

No one is forcing you to pay, people pay because they don’t want to do the work themselves.

Have, it does not take an hour.

Posted by: Iluvatar.4967

Iluvatar.4967

The problem is that random pugs sell the taxi and why they started to sell taxy for pav today? For 2 day i didn’t see party on lfg that sell taxi…

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Once again we are in a “I don’t like what people are doing. NERF IT ANET!” thread

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

It’s not a dungeon, you can’t “sell” a taxi to open world event.

Join party – join in map – leave party – let the greedy kitten grind teeth and report him for LFG abuse if he harasses you.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

If only ANet put “queue”, “district” options and “reconnect to last map on disconnection” function (Same as in GW1), like some people have already suggested.

That’s odd, I just checked map and the WP near Pavilion entrance portal was “contested”???

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

This situation is pathetic, people started to sell the taxi for the pavilion where they do gold challenge. I think that this kitten is not correct, then Anet take measures pls

Actually it’s;
Welcome to the great and powerful megaservers.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Beleth.8249

Beleth.8249

The fact that people need a commander to tell them where to stand for a boss that spawns in a set location speaks volumes about the skill level of you all.

12/5/14 Legendary

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

Actually it’s;
Welcome to the great and powerful megaservers.

You are spot on, Mudbone! I’d buy thousands of gems if I could get my server back. Yanno, a place where you know alot of names, if not the players themselves. I remember awhile back my guild had an elitist who was selling Arah, and berating other players whilst doing so. Needless to say, his kitten tude was kicked to the curb haha

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

just do what i do:
Join, don’t pay them, and instead add whatever was their asking price to your next donation to hobotron

And when you’re in, just open your own free taxi

Posted by: XApocalypse.8739

XApocalypse.8739

Just because people aren’t playing the way you want them to play doesn’t mean they have to.

Posted by: AnAspieKitten.5732

AnAspieKitten.5732

“How can you be that thick ?”

Gandalf, 2015, talking about the massive amount of gold pav sellers.

This is just not right. You taxi people in for a reason. So they will fill up your server everytime someone dc. Server not filled = server dead, if you taxi me in then I’m also doing you a favor.

I can understand people selecting only 80. They add more DPS and thus serve the server’s purpose, although I’d find it better to say 80 or begginers to allow newbies to access content (aka players with very few AP). But paying 1g for a serv that MIGHT get gold or MIGHT fail just after ? Paying to access open world content ?

This is NOT a matter of “I don’t like this”, this kind of behavior makes the community freaking toxic. I NEVER seen a “pay to access Tequatl” taxi. Never ever. People taxi others in because they’re nice or because they need help, and in that case if we join we help them to get rewards, end of story goodbye. Now with something that tends to die quite quickly, and not even get gold all the time, this is just a clear abuse of it.

Yeah, go on, argue you’ll get more when you join the server (maybe). That’s why I’m thinking about making others pay to go in dungeons with me. Isn’t that how it works ?

Keep going, folks. Community was by the nicest at the start, it just gets more and more stu-kittened-pid. If I put “LF taxi to gold pav blablablah”, I get no answer, if I put “LF taxi to gold pav 1g”, I get one in the second. I’m sure that must feel good, isn’kitten Being more guided by greed than by the will to help others and yourself at the same time ? That’s how you get a bad community.

Edit : Oyeah, too, because I know some kid will come up and say “then don’t join those taxis”. When LFG is filled with more and more of those, I don’t see how I am given the choice. Oh, well, I can always abuse the paying taxis, I really won’t mind doing that.

Dear Santa,
For christmas I’d like to get a crossbow for my characters.
With love, a cute kitty.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Sorry but this is the same as selling portals to main cities in other MMOs.I don’t see any problem with that.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Just join the group, join the server and leave the group. When is the guy going to force you to pay? At no point can he forbid you access to his server. It’s not like a dungeon where he can kick you from the instance.

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

These lfg taxis can be scammers anyways. The first time I took a taxi, after learning about them on the forums, they took me to a horrible server. I had already tipped them before I found out. I have taken a few taxis since then, and they are almost never gold runs. All I can say is don’t tip the taxis they are usually people porting to either just forming servers or in some cases dead servers. Most of the time it is a server trying to get organized, but not a gold server.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

It’s just another abuse of pug-unfriendly events.

Posted by: Halberto.8790

Halberto.8790

You feel like you are being abused by people who offer a taxi for tips? Get in the taxi and do not pay them if you think it’s wrong. If you do that enough, then people will stop taxi’ing.
If ANET finds a way to “nerf” this, then you definitely will not see many more taxi’s into organized pavilion’s.

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

Just do what I do. Show up and give them 50c lol.

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

You feel like you are being abused by people who offer a taxi for tips? Get in the taxi and do not pay them if you think it’s wrong. If you do that enough, then people will stop taxi’ing.
If ANET finds a way to “nerf” this, then you definitely will not see many more taxi’s into organized pavilion’s.

I don’t think people should stop taxing, but they should not expect tips. I think of it this way, I play a mesmer I have ported plenty of people through jumping puzzles. I have never expected anything nor have I asked for anything. I was there and was glad to port the community. I am not sure why the taxi people expect to be paid for something that should be helping the community. Anyway, as I stated before I learned my lesson with the first porting for tips I took, and then I realized I should not be tipping for this and I don’t.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The Open World lfg is constantly filled with “NEED GOLD BB TAXI”. Of course some people are going to step in and find a way to make a profit off of it. They’re not breaking any rules, and any people who choose to join those parties have themselves to blame for encouraging the practice.

Don’t like it? Don’t join those parties, and move on.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

People will always find the path of least resistance to make gold. This is the latest.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Actually that would be called scamming and is a bannable offense.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Actually that would be called scamming and is a bannable offense.

Joining a taxi group without paying is not a scam. For it to be a scam there would have to be rules of some sort.

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

Why not charge for something that you can not get elsewhere?

Most of this issue is Anets fault for the continual nerfs to gold acquisition methods.

I applaud those who are doing this. You are making the best of a currently broken system.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Best way to get on gold server is passing by TTS’ teamspeak and ask for a taxi. It’s free.

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

As I suggested in other thread before, ANet should implement a system like this: when a zone is full, then 1) at the entrance show a list of available shards for players to choose from (such as Pavilion Shard 1, Pavilion Shard 2, and so on); and 2) have a queue in place when someone insist on joining a specific but already full shard.

So, for organised run, players can specify and communicate between each others which shard they are in amongst themselve in order to minimise random pug gatecrashing in. If that so happen, you can always join the queue waiting to rejoin with your friends inside the zone. That or have your friends leave and go to occupy a different shard instead.

The “Taxi” system is very annoying indeed: it divides friends and guild members. It only takes a few “taggers” to ruin a coordinated gold run, which as far as I can see happens a lot.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Can’t get paid from me, that’s for sure and I could give 2 kittens about in game gold. I’m giving my time and donating to get things going.

Majority of the LFG notices I see are asking for tips.

I want to give tips. Tips like, “Say bro, don’t pull on Superman’s cape, don’t spit into the wind” and other tips like, “If it’s between you and me, it’s not going to be me unless it’s about giving you or me money, then it always will be me”.

Don’t forget favorites like, “Liquor before beer, you’re in the clear” and oldies like, “Two birds, one stone”. Or is that two girls, one cup? I forget.

Anyway, the only tipping I would do is sending some coin to mesmers at jp’s and maybe send siege to a commander. That’s it.

Tipping for something that you probably need bodies for, lol. Tip me for coming to your crown P.