Stop the anti minion/pet rhetoric!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

Minions/pets don’t leave resurrection bubbles behind. Stop telling us to put them away. This is stupid! Play your own character not mine.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

People do not mind pets or minions as long as the owner handles them well, pet on pasive when pulling, as for minions make ’m dead first (swap skill, then swap back again.) so they do not botch the pull and (AT LEAST A BIG PART OPF THE DURATION) of the might stack by fighting with the target instead of actually doing what you set out to do.

Same with running, if you do something and you pet goes into combat, you will slow down, and the aggro often will be a problem for people behind you. If people actually come back for you to res…. well…

Rangers will always have pets
Necro’s only rarely use minions in dungeons due to them being erratic and their clumsy control…

Pets and minions will no longer draw aggro, which was a huge problem before… The only way to draw aggro now with a pet is select a target and press f1, and to pull you press f3 directly after the first hit.

If people do not use their pets well it seems they are INexperienced at the class and especially in l80 EXP , Zerk and Meta parties you’ll get a bit/some/a lot of grief and or kicks, in speedruns you are instantly kicked without warning. If you do make problems for a party you can expect the mark of shame (being targeted.) Which also is a prelude to a kick being very close.

/ elitist mumbo.

P.S. I seldomly kick for people messing up stuff with their pets, I’ll do the agrro and pulls myself and leave at the end of the run.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I think the reason players say to put them away is so they dont aggro mobs. I myself love to play my minion master necro and never listen to players when they tell me to put them away cause that would severely screw up my build.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Sorry to say, but there wouldn’t be anti-pet/minion rhetoric if the devs would set their AI and controls properly.

Signed,
Pet class user

P.S.: It took WoW more than 6 years to get it right. FF14 Summoner controls are abysmal. I don’t have much hope for ANet unbotching this job.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

On the Triple Trouble wurm in particular, it can be disastrous if there are stray pets out in the open during phase change. It is essential to pull the wurm to a wall, but you can’t do that if the wurm decides to charge at a pet in the middle of nowhere.

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Just dont play group content if you cant handle your pet/minions properly.
juvenile jaguar/10 – “Would Stow again” – Eir Stegalkin.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

Not a single one of you actually read what I said. Reader comprehension lvls at an all time low. I said they are telling us to put away our pets/minions because they leave graphic residue behind when they die. I didn’t say anything about pet control (tho I would like to see more of this – who wouldn’t).

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Not a single one of you actually read what I said. Reader comprehension lvls at an all time low. I said they are telling us to put away our pets/minions because they leave graphic residue behind when they die. I didn’t say anything about pet control (tho I would like to see more of this – who wouldn’t).

Its a video game forum. Its only slightly more focused then its related sub-reddit, but no less incompetent. It should be kind of a clue that the majority of game developers don’t even rely on their own forums, but many have their hands in Reddit.

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

If not a single person comprehended you, the problem may not be with reading comprehension but with your ability to communicate clearly.

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

@OP

It might be better if you elaborate on your original post more, because most people aren’t too sure about what you’re getting at. I myself am not particularly fond of posts that involve vague statements with no context.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I’ve never seen anyone complain about this. Are they claimingng they’re getting the revive prompt when they’re next to a dead pet? I’m not sure what a resurrection bubble is.