Stop the legendary trinket!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dragonar.1342

Dragonar.1342

I read that they want to release legendary trinkets this year.
Please don’t do that arenanet!

(edited by Dragonar.1342)

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

why not?more content.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If a legendary trinket gave my armor some kind of special effect I really liked, I would want one. How do you know, no one desires such a thing?

xephire.8324

Ya people like to grind for this kinda of thing am i wrong?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can only speak for yourself, as can I. I am not in the habit of grinding for anything. Still, it wouldn’t be a thread without your ubiquitous contribution. =)

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Some will grind for it. Fo sho.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

xephire.8324

Not some!! Many i think

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Release ascended armor then NO MORE Please end this!!! or i am going to quit!

xephire.8324

I don’t think ANET bends to the wishes of one person :/

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

There should be some physical effect, visual effect, for any trinket they produce. Else, what is the point except bragging rights? And… noone cares about anything Legendary anymore. You work for it, you have it, or you don’t give a kitten .

xephire.8324

Yeah don’t go for the legendary if you don’t feel like it cause it’s only for those who like tho grind stuff in game which tends to be the stand out crow in the game.But in the end a legendary weapon is just some shiny thing an artist drew.

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

why not?more content.

New tiers of gear are a very lame excuse for content.

xephire.8324

why not?more content.

New tiers of gear are a very lame excuse for content.

Yep,tell it to Anet. Not my idea.Couldn’t agree more.

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

OP, before you shout murder, check your sources. What you are stating is incorrect information.

Look at the Pax interview with Colin. It wil either be a legendary backpack or one legendary trinket. Cut it out with the pitchfork attitude and don’t believe everything you read.

xephire.8324

OP, before you shout murder, check your sources. What you are stating is incorrect information.

Look at the Pax interview with Colin. It wil either be a legendary backpack or one legendary trinket. Cut it out with the pitchfork attitude and don’t believe everything you read.

No need to be so testy.The OP is just making a humble request not to release legendary trinkets its not shouting murder or pitchfork or anything.

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

Funny that’s exactly what people said when the ascended trinkets came out.

xephire.8324

Funny that after ascended and legendary there will be an OMG tier weapon coming out.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

If a legendary trinket gave my armor some kind of special effect I really liked, I would want one. How do you know, no one desires such a thing?

That would be awesome, I’d love some kind of particle effect with no other item attached.

The stats would be the same as ascended, so I don’t see why folks would get mad.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Funny that after ascended and legendary there will be an OMG tier weapon coming out.

Do you have proof of this?

NSPride <3

Dragonar.1342

“None is waiting for it” is a statement, you’re not supposed to read it literally. If you dont understand that you really should go back to school.. :/

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Do you have proof of this?

The closest thing he’d have is the interview with MattVisual, where CJ said they’d like Ascended to be the last tier, but they can’t make any promises.

“None is waiting for it” is a statement, you’re not supposed to read it literally. If you dont understand that you really should go back to school.. :/

No, it’s an ‘fact’ that you made up to support your argument to not add other Legendary gear.

If people will go for it, why not add it? Other people having Legendary gear won’t affect you if you don’t want to go for it, surely?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

(edited by TheDaiBish.9735)

Dragonar.1342

Edit so there is no confusion anymore.
Return to the discussion.

@TheDaiBish
It’s hard to describe in english.
But what you’re saying in your last post is exactly what i mean.
It’s an allowed thing to do in a discussion. But no hard feelings, some people seem to be really sensitive about that kind of thing.

(edited by Dragonar.1342)

TheDaiBish.9735

It really doesn’t change the fact that you want them to not add something that a large group of people may want to pursue that will have no affect on you, simply because you don’t like the idea of other Legendary gear.

Please explain how this makes any sense.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

this is what’s wrong with anet, they spam you with crafts as if this was good enough to replace a brand new dungeon or any kind of significant content. Stop with this $%#@ already.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

1. Where did you read that?
2. Is there a point? I mean we have ascended trinkets and legendary trinkets would have the same stats as ascended. So would they give like a special effect or something?

Dragonar.1342

It really doesn’t change the fact that you want them to not add something that a large group of people may want to pursue that will have no affect on you, simply because you don’t like the idea of other Legendary gear.

Because legendaries dont show how good or experienced you are in the game.
It’s shows how much you have been farming, or how much of trading post playing you have done, or how much luck you had once.

Dragonar.1342

2. Is there a point? I mean we have ascended trinkets and legendary trinkets would have the same stats as ascended. So would they give like a special effect or something?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07/18/guild-wars-2s-colin-johanson-outlines-big-plans-and-course-cor/

TheDaiBish.9735

Because legendaries dont show how good or experienced you are in the game.
It’s shows how much you have been farming, or how much of trading post playing you have done, or how much luck you had once.

And who’s to say that the process will stay the same?

Example: Ascended Ring acquisition changed from Fractals only, to Fractals and Laurels, to Fractals, Laurels and Guild Commendations.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Mirta.5029

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07/18/guild-wars-2s-colin-johanson-outlines-big-plans-and-course-cor/

Well there’s different ways that they can implement it. Out of whom only one would actually be bad.
1. Legendary trinkets give off an effect, but are not higher in stats than ascended trinkets.
2. Legendary trinkets have that nice option to switch their stats whenever you want to, but are not higher in stats.
3. Legendary trinkets have a specific function (like an emote), but are not higher in stats.
4. Legendary trinkets are higher in stats.
Only if they make them higher in stats is it bad. Yet even if they got all the functionality it’s still a bit pointless if you ask me.

Dragonar.1342

Ofc there are different ways that they can implement it.
But how big is the chance? Ascended weapons? goldgoldgold. Ascended armor? Even more gold. Legendaries on the tp? 2000 gold.

Mirta.5029

But how big is the chance? Ascended weapons? goldgoldgold. Ascended armor? Even more gold. Legendaries on the tp? 2000 gold.

And if trinkets are nothing more but a cosmetic item (like weapons pretty much are right now), does it matter?

Dragonar.1342

Gear-Progression:
1: Stronger statts
2: Better looks

Mirta.5029

Gear-Progression:

Better looks has nothing to do with that and how do you know that trinkets will have better stats? Did they say that anywhere? If to follow the logic of current legendaries then they will be as strong as ascended and will either provide extra functionality (like being able to switch stats) or will provide an extra effect. Extra effect would be cosmetic only so I really don’t see your problem.

TheDaiBish.9735

You’re right. They may not change it.

But if we look at Ascended, there are mats that you can’t buy, that you have to obtain yourself. The Vision Crystal, for one. This is an example of how a creation process has changed.

Until they actually implement it, we won’t know.

Gear-Progression:

As far as I know, gear progression has never been attributed with ‘better looks’, since ‘better’ is subjective. Hell, I’m still using Flame weapons on my Charr.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Dragonar.1342

You’re right. They may not change it.

But if we look at Ascended, there are mats that you can’t buy, that you have to obtain yourself. The Vision Crystal, for one. This is an example of how a creation process has changed.

Until they actually implement it, we won’t know.

Gear-Progression:

As far as I know, gear progression has never been attributed with ‘better looks’, since ‘better’ is subjective. Hell, I’m still using Flame weapons on my Charr.

Arenanet said in the past that progression in gw2 would be looks, not statts.
So yeah

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

why not?more content.

No… no, the current method of getting legendaries is not “content”, it’s a grind with a push toward the cash shop.

If they want to change it so that there’s an epic story involved with unmatched player skill to achieve it over time… then fine. But no more grind. Simply won’t do it.

TheDaiBish.9735

If they want to change it so that there’s an epic story involved with unmatched player skill to achieve it over time… then fine. But no more grind. Simply won’t do it.

I agree with the story and challenging content part, but there’s no way to do it without adding a grind of some sort.

The amount of content they’d have to produce per weapon wouldn’t be justifiable for a single weapon. Thus, they’d have to use some form of ‘grind’.

That’s the sad truth; ideal game design isn’t real world game design.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

I agree with the story and challenging content part, but there’s no way to do it without adding a grind of some sort.

The amount of content they’d have to produce per weapon wouldn’t be justifiable for a single weapon. Thus, they’d have to use some form of ‘grind’.

That’s the sad truth; ideal game design isn’t real world game design.

I think if you look at the way Blizzard has handled Legendary items in WoW through the years it’s easy to see how it can be very rooted deep in story and require a real team as well as individual effort.

This time around they did it a bit differently in that everyone was basically capable of earning one through an expansion-long quest line and there really wasn’t anything “grindy” that, if you were playing the game anyway, didn’t sort of just come to you. Most importantly though, they didn’t have a cash shop to lean on that can make the process more convenient by spending money.

The world of Tyria has some pretty awesome lore, but the storytelling in GW2 has been abysmal, and this would be one place they could work on improving it.

TheDaiBish.9735

I think if you look at the way Blizzard has handled Legendary items in WoW through the years it’s easy to see how it can be very rooted deep in story and require a real team as well as individual effort.

This time around they did it a bit differently in that everyone was basically capable of earning one through an expansion-long quest line and there really wasn’t anything “grindy” that, if you were playing the game anyway, didn’t sort of just come to you. Most importantly though, they didn’t have a cash shop to lean on that can make the process more convenient by spending money.

The world of Tyria has some pretty awesome lore, but the storytelling in GW2 has been abysmal, and this would be one place they could work on improving it.

In WoW though, aren’t there only one or two Legendary items per expac? I know vanilla had Hand of Ragnaros and Thunderfury, as well as a number of Legendaries being encounter-specific (Sunwell Raid comes to mind).

It’s a bit different to having to craft specific content for each weapon (so a total of 14 weapons) to have an individual story, rather than one item. Thus, some form of grind would have to be used to lengthen the process, or overlapping content.

I’m not arguing that Legendaries shouldn’t have a process that is based on their lore and challenges. I just don’t see it being feasible to do if each weapon is going to have a Legendary.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I read that they want to release legendary trinkets this year.
Please don’t do that arenanet!

Legendary appears to be the next tier after Ascended, they offer the exact same stats but also have the ability to change their stat combination when out of combat. Ascended and Legendaries have a completely different type of grind and the two are not mutually exclusive nor competing with each other, other than for player time of course

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

It’s a bit different to having to craft specific content for each weapon (so a total of 14 weapons) to have an individual story, rather than one item. Thus, some form of grind would have to be used to lengthen the process, or overlapping content.

They could do it like with the Tequatl encounter, upgrade a few legendaries to have a story/quest and then improve the rest in time. They don’t have to make quests/stories for all of them at once.

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Why no Legendary trinket? Not like they’re gonna be stronger then the already firmly established Ascended trinkets, and they’d only make them if there was gonna be flashy effects. Honestly it’s a better route then Legendary Armour, as it has potential to make all your current armour sets look legendary.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

As long as it will work like other legendaries – aka: ascended stats, QoL function of switching stats on demand, maybe some special effect – don’t mind.

Higher stats, it’s istantquit.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

I prefer more “static” content my self such as a real instance raid I can do with my guild. Maybe a few more new dungeons that are not removed after a month. I still not really sure why they yanked Aetherblades Retreat after a month. It was 100% functioning content that could have added to the game nicely.

I think someone else said there tired of the crafting updates. I have to agree crafting only goes so far. Seriously who is going to grind months and months for a accessory?