Story Arah Way to Easy

Story Arah Way to Easy

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Playing Arah story to complete my personal story and to see how the changes were. Well from being an interesting fight to get to Zhaitan just got turned into a 1hr snore fest as we would demolish the undead on the airships before they could take a single step. Not only were they so easy to kill that my team got so bored and thought it was more fun to jump overboard to see how far the ground was. Arah needs more difficulty or a complete rework cause right now its a 1hr boring.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Story Arah Way to Easy

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’m actually glad to hear this. I need to complete this yet and was worried about its difficulty, especially now that we can’t revive ourselves at waypoints and run back to help keep a long fight going without a complete wipe.

Story Arah Way to Easy

Suddenflame.2601

I’m actually glad to hear this. I need to complete this yet and was worried about its difficulty, especially now that we can’t revive ourselves at waypoints and run back to help keep a long fight going without a complete wipe.

Hardest part of the entire dungeon is Mouth of Zhaitan battle other then that its so easy its boring.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

Story Arah Way to Easy

Posted by: Draconus.9786

Draconus.9786

It’s story mode. Why shouldn’t it be easy? If you want more of a challenge go play other dungeon paths. Some people may just want to finish story mode to “beat” the game. I think it’s good they made this particular dungeon story mode easier.

Story Arah Way to Easy

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

I agree with Draconus. There are already plenty of challenging dungeon paths, at least there should be a few easy ones.

Story Arah Way to Easy

Suddenflame.2601

It’s story mode. Why shouldn’t it be easy? If you want more of a challenge go play other dungeon paths. Some people may just want to finish story mode to “beat” the game. I think it’s good they made this particular dungeon story mode easier.

There is easier then there is way to easy. It is right now so easy i actually wasnt even using skills and just autoattacking them all to death like really come on.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

Story Arah Way to Easy

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

It is boring. A dozen waves of adds on the airship is way too much and got boring real fast.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Story Arah Way to Easy

Suddenflame.2601

needs some challenge not just a crawl through a park. Hell you could tell your character to dance on it and wont die.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

Story Arah Way to Easy

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

its story…stop being a selfish and go explorable….or fotm…
casual players have rights too.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Story Arah Way to Easy

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

It kind of felt like the big bad undead dragon went down a little easy myself. An easy story mode is fine and casuals shouldn’t be barred from getting a sense of closure with the storyline, but ultimately Zhaitan seemed something of a pushover. He didn’t come off as some ungoddly force of nature that man was never meant to even dream of tackling with. Not only that, but I swear to god he looks smaller then he should have been. I mean Jormag’s tooth was probably 80% his size!

At least with WoW, and yes I am going there, in the Dragon Soul raid we brought a powerful artifact through time itself to fire a falcon punch through Deathwing’s kittening soul (which ultimately only served to kitten him off), just to get him on an even footing to stand some sort of chance against him in melee combat. With Zhaitan… he just sort of stood there most the time. We might have rammed him a couple times, I couldn’t really tell due to the sheer chaos because of all the blasted minions. It was difficult to feel invested for me. I might need to revisit the story again. Maybe I missed a detail that made it more epic then I hadn’t noticed.

What might have made more of an impact on the final confrontation is if we got to know more about that super powerful ship of death we ultimately took him out on. I mean it seemed to come out of freaking nowhere. Did we work to build it? How long have we had it? Why haven’t we used it before if we did have it? Why is one mega air ship able to tackle a Dragon made of death and come out fairly unscathed?

Who knows.. maybe if Anet gave the Dragons some form of motivation. It doesn’t need to twirl its mustache at us or anything, but if we perhaps somehow got inside its head to understand its motivations a little better.. what it had planned for us in the long run.. I might have felt more invested to stop it.