Story completion reward is a joke

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jason.9217

jason.9217

2 gifts and a rare hat for killing Zhaitan
really?
after all the bugs and issues in getting to the end and killing him after nearly 2 hours all we get is a rare hat?

so disappointing
you’d think the dragon would drop some great weapon you could use at least

Boardgames FTW:
HeroQuest, Talisman, Heroscape, Munchkin Quest
DungeonQuest, Dungeon Run etc…

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Haha is it still that bad? I wonder how many, are like myself and haven’t even bothered with the final mission? Honestly, I speed through the story to get a couple levels to be able to keep moving through the maps.

Whispers with meat.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

If you take the time to actually read your personal story objective, you would know that to complete your personal story, you need to visit fort trinity after killing Zhaitan.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Hawkmoon.5849

Hawkmoon.5849

If you take the time to actually read your personal story objective, you would know that to complete your personal story, you need to visit fort trinity after killing Zhaitan.

At which point you still only get a token for a fail rare item… which you probably don’t even need, because you crafted or bought an exotic weapon already.

OP is right, the story reward is fail.

Hope is the carrot dangled before the draft horse that plods along in the vain attempt to reach it

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

The items you get from that token sell on the TP for 1g+

They have some nice skins/models on them

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Quarktastic.1027

At which point you still only get a token for a fail rare item… which you probably don’t even need, because you crafted or bought an exotic weapon already.

You don’t use the weapon for the stats, you use the weapon for the skin. It’s a free reward for doing something that takes barely any effort. What do you want? A free legendary? A full set of ascended armor?

Also, in case you hadn’t heard the news: The personal story, and all rewards therein, is OPTIONAL. If you don’t feel it’s worth your time, skip it. And stop whining about it.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Daikonran.3625

Daikonran.3625

You don’t use the weapon for the stats, you use the weapon for the skin. It’s a free reward for doing something that takes barely any effort. What do you want? A free legendary? A full set of ascended armor?

Also, in case you hadn’t heard the news: The personal story, and all rewards therein, is OPTIONAL. If you don’t feel it’s worth your time, skip it. And stop whining about it.

It should have a good reward if it is “OPTIONAL” because you didn’t have to do it.

Quarktastic.1027

It should have a good reward if it is “OPTIONAL” because you didn’t have to do it.

“because you didn’t have to do it” is not a valid argument for the lack of reward. The value of a reward is completely subjective. I for one love the pact weapons, and not having to spend a gold to get one works just fine for me.

I feel the rewards for the personal story are completely justified. In fact, I would have preferred it if the pact weapons were account bound on purchase, so they couldn’t be offloaded to the trading post.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

The reward should be much better. All the rewards that are given in Fort Trinity were useless for me. I choosed a longbow with stats i dont need just to spend the reward. Later i bought a new (exotic one). By the way, even before the final mission i already had weapons from drops better than those rewards.

Posted by: Lore Master Quark.1358

Lore Master Quark.1358

Well, you could always log out, uninstall gw2, take up playing Tetris again, and start trolling the forums until you get your $60.00 worth like a real gamer should.

Quarktastic.1027

The reward should be much better. All the rewards that are given in Fort Trinity were useless for me. I choosed a longbow with stats i dont need just to spend the reward. Later i bought a new (exotic one). By the way, even before the final mission i already had weapons from drops better than those rewards.

People constantly get hung up on stats. The reward isn’t about stats. It’s about the skin of the weapon. Pact weapons are only acquired through the personal story. If you don’t like the skin, then don’t bother with it. But don’t complain about it because it doesn’t have super awesome stats.

Tier 3 cultural weapons don’t have super awesome stats either, and I don’t see many people complaining about those.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

I guess the real reward is you can start Arah exp instance.

It’s pretty lame. I don’t generally do story missions on my alts after hitting 80.

I hope they fix this.

Posted by: Aequitas.6402

Aequitas.6402

On a tangent about weapon skins and the personal story – I’d love to know how many people keep that weapon you get from the level 10 story mission. It’s practically a free cultural weapon skin.

Posted by: cdsmith.1072

cdsmith.1072

Agreed, have not even thought of completing my story line on my other level 80. Just not worth the time and the trouble.

Posted by: Vaelic.2497

Vaelic.2497

yep, it is terrible. loot in this game needs a revamp BIG TIME

Posted by: Graill.8596

Graill.8596

This has been covered a number of times. I sent in tickets (multiple) to get an answer when i was displeased with the cut and paste version of the sad CS these folks have. The end result was a patronizing reply by one of the devs. I would bet the reply was a standard retort and they do not feel what they send out is in that context.

Suffice to say, they will do what they want, when they want. Thats about all you will get from this business as a customer until they become regulated and face the same fines and penalties other businesses do. As they feel this is a different class of business being a game and they consider it always under construction and your want, need, or desire for something does not take precedent over what they think is right.

The threads with thousands of responses the first month can still be found with a bit of digging regarding this mechanic and other parts such is why a walking asparagus spear is the centerpoint of the story and not you.

Also of concern regarding the imaginative Anet crew was the reason to not have the precursor of your choice as the final reward being the rest of the legendary is a grindfest/farmfest.

We will never know the real reason the devs did what they did other than they can do what they want to support and funnel customers to their gemshop.

On a side note,
I hear Archage is coming along nicely. Grin. Shameless stab, laugh.

There is no worse feeling than that during an argument, you realize you are wrong.

Posted by: jason.9217

jason.9217

Well, you could always log out, uninstall gw2, take up playing Tetris again, and start trolling the forums until you get your $60.00 worth like a real gamer should.

that explains all the people on the forums lately

Boardgames FTW:
HeroQuest, Talisman, Heroscape, Munchkin Quest
DungeonQuest, Dungeon Run etc…

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I agree the reward after all the issues in Traheanes personal story, the reward isn’t even on Par with GW1 end story reward.

a Nice skin you must be kidding those things are insanely ugly, and would feel at home in some Sci Fi Mmo… to say you do 20+ hours of story questing to receive a rare weapon is a slap in the face..

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

Staff skin is rather nice. Skull with snakes around it with some blue-ish glow. Me likey.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

The rewards are bad…Pact weapons are nasty, not even max…they can’t even give us an exotic..I played with my friend throughout the story line and we were so excited to see what we would get in the gifts thinking we’d get 2 exotic weapons/armor…instead get lvl 80 greens. We haven’t completed storyline since.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: lotusedge.6743

lotusedge.6743

I havent finished my last mission either after a friend of mine said it was boring and not worth it. I wonder what percentage of 80’s never finished the story?

Quarktastic.1027

The level of entitlement in this thread is staggering.

Why must everything have a super awesome reward attached to it? What happened to playing games for fun?

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Why must everything have a super awesome reward attached to it? What happened to playing games for fun?

Normally I agree with your implied sentiment, however, the last mission of your epic personal story quest line should be ‘super awesome reward’ in my humble opinion.

Quarktastic.1027

Normally I agree with your implied sentiment, however, the last mission of your epic personal story quest line should be ‘super awesome reward’ in my humble opinion.

Mostly, it was Trahearne’s epic personal story. We were just along for the ride.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Genesis.5169

Genesis.5169

Normally i would agree with you. I Dislike casuals. I dislike people who feel that they should be able to steamroll through content. Most of all i hate people in favor DE’s because it requires no skill and they can zerg and ride on peoples coat tails for free loot and gold.

But seriously the final story mission should give something worth the “final”. I mean honestly i’ve yet to complete my story mission on any of my toons. I have 2 ascendent infused rings 1 back piece not infused. Full Exo, and tons of t6 mats. Working on 100% exploration and a legendary.

No intention of doing the story quest atm because the time required to do it and the reward don’t mix well for me.

These forums are a joke its not for opinions or debate its just a safe place for people to cry at.

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Thing is we don’t all necessarily want the particular skins offered in the story missions.

Now, I don’t feel entitled to free swag, but if Anet is wondering why I don’t play the story content, I will happily tell them exactly why.

I imagine that they do want us to play the content they’ve created.

Posted by: Rynarx.6124

Rynarx.6124

Most of that crowd that play for fun have left after the Nov 15 patch.

Many of the crowd that stayed behind are those that wants shinies with better stats as their main goals.

Posted by: interpol.2397

interpol.2397

Mostly, it was Trahearne’s epic personal story. We were just along for the ride.

Your entitlement is staggering. Why does it have to be about you? Just enjoy the game.

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Fun? You actually had fun doing your personal story? After around level 48 or so it’s nothing but endless waves of RISEN every mission along with the super boring, super full of himself Traherne there with you every step of the way. Oh, and then you get to watch an airship kill Zhaitan (for which you need a GROUP of 5 people in your personal story…), probably the worst conclusion to a big end boss in any game I can remember in my MMO history.

Posted by: cNcHellShadow.7691

cNcHellShadow.7691

Your entitlement is staggering. Why does it have to be about you? Just enjoy the game.

It’s about the player because ANet said exactly that. It’s -our- story, not some generic cutout NPC.

Posted by: interpol.2397

interpol.2397

It’s about the player because ANet said exactly that. It’s -our- story, not some generic cutout NPC.

I was being facetious in relation to a previous comment that user had made.

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Given how much effort they put into the finale battle, a crappy reward is understandable. Should’ve just made it like the dragon chest, at least that way we have a chance at an exotic.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Posted by: FLFW.3105

FLFW.3105

Story rewards are joke in general. You keep getting stuff you cant even use by your class.. whats the point?

GuildWars 2 is good game with bad management.

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Winner.

Don’t bother with personal story except for the early levels.

Posted by: BlackPaw.5948

BlackPaw.5948

When player gonna understand that the purpose of the rewards in this game is to give you skin choices for your equipments. Just that.
You won’t get any super cool stat reward in this game.

It is okay to do. I recommend that you do it along when you are levelling up your char. It will be a bit boring if you go back to do it later when you rush to high level.

(edited by BlackPaw.5948)

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Along the way you also get a decent back item and several weapons with +5% damage sigils in them (although the weapons themselves are greens). If you salvaged them with a nice kit you would have an 80% chance at getting them out for your next gear. They give you two weapons with these in them iirc.

Story missions also give a lot of xp. That part was good enough for me pre-80.

If all that plus an item worth 2g (that’s what the morning star is selling for right now) for the final one reward isn’t good enough… then sorry I guess : /

I really don’t see the big problem.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

Kinda tired of all the handout complaints, folks wanting more for less, but I guess that’s what we have to look forward to in a fee-speech forum such as this.

To me, for an OPTIONAL series of quests, the fact that you get anything is pretty cool, much less if you can flip it on the TP for some quick gold. Not really sure where the complaint for this can become valid.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

On a tangent about weapon skins and the personal story – I’d love to know how many people keep that weapon you get from the level 10 story mission. It’s practically a free cultural weapon skin.

Haha I did!
I love the staff skin for my ele and will keep it even when she is 80- she is 50 now and I’ve transmuted it so many times I also kept the Slayer Coat skin that you can only get through story missions.

I haven’t actually completed the story on my main yet but that is not because of rewards but because I have a time problem with dungeons.

I love the personal story and play it on all my alts as well.
I really enjoy how the different Orders see the world and even different races.
Actually I think the story rewards are very useful, except for the tools and food you get sometimes

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

People constantly get hung up on stats. The reward isn’t about stats. It’s about the skin of the weapon. Pact weapons are only acquired through the personal story. If you don’t like the skin, then don’t bother with it. But don’t complain about it because it doesn’t have super awesome stats.

Tier 3 cultural weapons don’t have super awesome stats either, and I don’t see many people complaining about those.

And as for the stat kittens you can thank AN for that since they decided to be stat pimps after they reneged on their manifesto.

There have been plenty of threads since launch about the cost of cultural armor costing way to much for just skins and as for cultural weapons nobody cares since their skins suck.

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

people saying that the personal story is optional must think everything in this game is optional like map completion because without atleast partially completing the personal story you wont get map completion which leads to not being able to create your legendary but I guess it wont hamper you from your perpetual no life outside of Lions Arch begging for your next FotM run.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

And I just recently asked about this. They said it was fixed. Thank goodness that since I am a farmer and have been disgusted by the games recent mismanagement concerning loot that I haven’t bothered trying to complete the main storyline.

Here’s my post asking about it

If that’s all it gives then no thanks. It should absolutely at the very least give two exotics. That’s as bad as the rewards for waiting three hours to fight a dragon.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Posted by: Gord.8654

Gord.8654

The items you get from that token sell on the TP for 1g+

They have some nice skins/models on them

But the OP is right… the reward for killing the most aggressive ELDER dragon (at this time) is FAIL!!! Zhaitan should drop the pre-cursor for the legendary you want (you would pick) since part of the “end-game” is a Legendary weapon!

Host of SOTD Podcast www.sotdpodcastblog.wordpress.com

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your concerns. We will forward them to the team so they can be taken into account.

Thanks for your understanding. This thread is closed