Story issue

Story issue

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chapmonious.6205

Chapmonious.6205

hey guys i just want to see if im alone in this. i was on like thousands the day of launch, to atleast get through the prologue before i had to head in to work. i went and started playing, a player sent me a party invite at the spot where you have to defend in SW for a few minutes, thinking nothing of it i accepted. we completed the defense, player ran to the portal and i hit join and we even went through the first part when rytlock coms back, after that it put me in verdant brink but thats when my story, sadly ended, i am glitched now and i cant get back in and it has been like this for a week now

(refer to screenshot)

i can go through verdant brink as i grabbed the first wp when i completed the first chapter but i cant actually go through the portal from SW into Verdant brink, nor can i even go back to complete it. I was waiting patiently for a patch in the last week to fix it but i dont even know if anybody else has encountered this. I submitted a bug report and everything, I can do the story on an alt, which i did so i can atleast unlock masteries but its not my main, does anybody have any suggestions? I have tried quitting the chapter and restarting it and everything else, but nothing is working. Thank you in advance for any feedback or input you can provide

Attachments:

Story issue

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

If you can get to the first waypoint in Verdant Brink…try going through the portal there to go backwards? Good luck!

Story issue

Chapmonious.6205

i tried that, im hoping this is a bug, I can do the story on my alts, i just wish i could do it on my main

Story issue

Posted by: B rad hyko.8695

B rad hyko.8695

Maybe try selecting a different story?
For example, select a previous living story or personal, then go back to HoTs and see if that fixes the problem.

Story issue

Chapmonious.6205

Maybe try selecting a different story?
For example, select a previous living story or personal, then go back to HoTs and see if that fixes the problem.

thats my theory and a few friends have suggested it, but i dont have the gold nor gems to try it