Story missions too unfair for enemies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Hey people,

I am finally playing through Living World Season 3 with my other characters. There is one problem, though, which has plagued many missions in Guild Wars 2.

Story missions, especially those with bosses, are way too easy to solo or unfair for enemy bosses. It sucks that you can destroy a lot of bosses so fast. I think that some of them would be okay if you fought them naked but in normal gear they just hit their heads against you. I don’t even need to watch mechanics most of the time, the mobs just melt away. I would like to invite a few guild mates to do the story chapters with me, but that would make it even more boring, since the bosses are already too weak for one player.

I think some mobs could be scaled up and a lot of bosses could do more damage ā€“ maybe even as far as 40-50% more damage.

Thanks!

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Odinens.5920

Odinens.5920

You’re funny……

not really.

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

Hey people,

I am finally playing through Living World Season 3 with my other characters. There is one problem, though, which has plagued many missions in Guild Wars 2.

Story missions, especially those with bosses, are way too easy to solo or unfair for enemy bosses. It sucks that you can destroy a lot of bosses so fast. I think that some of them would be okay if you fought them naked but in normal gear they just hit their heads against you. I don’t even need to watch mechanics most of the time, the mobs just melt away. I would like to invite a few guild mates to do the story chapters with me, but that would make it even more boring, since the bosses are already too weak for one player.

I think some mobs could be scaled up and a lot of bosses could do more damage ā€“ maybe even as far as 40-50% more damage.

Thanks!

Agreed.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It’s true that sometimes I feel really bad for the people I’m fighting. Not often, but sometimes. lol

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Forget the bosses. What about all those trash mobs? Scores upon scores of (mostly, excluding the Orr campaign) living creatures. Many of them sentient. Have you considered, even for a second, while you were tearing mercilessly through their ranks that they might have had families?

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Forget the bosses. What about all those trash mobs? Scores upon scores of (mostly, excluding the Orr campaign) living creatures. Many of them sentient. Have you considered, even for a second, while you were tearing mercilessly through their ranks that they might have had families?

I’ve had similar thoughts when I was helping that Sylvari today rescuing dogs from Ogre in Fields of Ruin, and people killed the sheep and rams. They would probably have killed the dogs as well if it were possible, was almost like playing with PETA members.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

All these pocket raptors coming at me, panic!, so much wildlife lost that day….Anet fix plis.

Posted by: Hyrai.8720

Hyrai.8720

forget about trashmobs being killed.
think about the mission which requires you to kick chickens! that’s animal abuse!

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

think about the mission which requires you to kick chickens! that’s animal abuse!

At least those are only kicked. Think about the crows of Grand Barrier Isle …

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

…would be okay if you fought them naked…

That’s how some folks find their mate.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

So, we’ll cry about kicking chickens, but kicking a person for not using a dps meter is…?

Many alts; handle it!
“Iā€™m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632