Storyline mistake! **spoilers**

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Trinimac.9063

Trinimac.9063

So I finally was able to choose an Order, and I made the wrong decision on complete accident. I haven’t progressed at all, as soon as I made the mistake I stopped playing immediately. Is there any way to undo this mistake? Like an individual roll back or something? :[

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Nope, no way in game. you can try a ticket, but it is unlikely it will be rolled back

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Trinimac.9063

I submitted a ticket in hopes of the dev team responding back…Which I also assume will be highly unlikely. It sucks because I have a feeling this choice will totally alter my personal storyline…

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

The only thing it will alter is which storyline missions you’ll receive, and spans about 5-6 missions before it returns to a central plotline.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Although you can never change your Order, you can change the Order path your storyline takes by doing a PS Quest with someone on a different Order path and accepting their progress.

Trinimac.9063

I’m mostly stressing this because I’ve read some information regarding the Order armor that your character receives..It wouldnt be such a big deal to me if the Order armor was strictly appearance based, but from what I’ve read they each provide their own specific stats. My Warrior won’t benefit much from Whisper armor…I still have my Reward screen up, I haven’t even chosen a reward for the quest yet. I tried to die, play PvP games, do Event quests, but the reward screen stays up…I dont want to have to start a new character over something so silly as a misclick.

Edit: Especially given the fact that I’m a paying customer, who plans to sink more money into this game.

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

I’m mostly stressing this because I’ve read some information regarding the Order armor that your character receives..It wouldnt be such a big deal to me if the Order armor was strictly appearance based, but from what I’ve read they each provide their own specific stats. My Warrior won’t benefit much from Whisper armor…I still have my Reward screen up, I haven’t even chosen a reward for the quest yet. I tried to die, play PvP games, do Event quests, but the reward screen stays up…I dont want to have to start a new character over something so silly as a misclick.

Edit: Especially given the fact that I’m a paying customer, who plans to sink more money into this game.

Once unlocked armor skins can be used across the entire account, so if you create a character (or have an existing one) with the correct path, you can buy the armor there and use Transmutation Charges to apply it to your Warrior’s armor.

Also, the “paying customer” bit is a bit silly, everyone who has the game is a paying customer, and if they did largely insignificant rollbacks like this every time someone asked, they would have no time to tend to real issues.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: Astroplatypus.4573

Astroplatypus.4573

If you join a party member on their personal story (I think it has to be the same step in the sequence, or earlier), you can choose to accept the results of their mission as your own. I heard somewhere that this can be used to switch Orders, but honestly it seems a little exploitable.

You can try joining someone as they do the first mission for their order and you switch to that order, I think. I can’t fact-check this right now, but it’s mentioning, right?

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

The only relevant difference is the appearances of the armor. Theyre only rares anyway, so you will have to replace them sooner or later. That paying customer line is great XD

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Trinimac.9063

If you join a party member on their personal story (I think it has to be the same step in the sequence, or earlier), you can choose to accept the results of their mission as your own. I heard somewhere that this can be used to switch Orders, but honestly it seems a little exploitable.

You can try joining someone as they do the first mission for their order and you switch to that order, I think. I can’t fact-check this right now, but it’s mentioning, right?

It is worth mentioning…Hopefully it’ll work! Thank you very much!

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

" from what I’ve read they each provide their own specific stats"

Not important at all. Exotic armor is not difficult to get once you are level 80. You will be using the stats from that exotic armor. You can use transmutation charges to make that exotic armor look like any skin you’ve unlocked, including armor from your Order.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here is a Dev post about changing your story path: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/My-order-of-tyria-got-changed/first#post3938430

Alas, you can not change your Order, though.