Strange Event Time?

Strange Event Time?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Joessit.1908

Joessit.1908

Why did you decide a Friday afternoon would be a good time for an event? There’s no way this is a primetime for people. I have school, and honestly if you expect me to skip that for this event, then you’d be crazy. A lot of others have work. The weekend ones force me to cancel a few “hangouts” but at least I can just go next weekend. There’s gotta be a better time.

Strange Event Time?

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

No matter what time they do it, it’s a bad time for someone.

Strange Event Time?

Posted by: Raehvyn.4530

Raehvyn.4530

A good time for you might not be a good time for anyone else. I think the times are chosen by how many users all around would be able to do it.

[NoPe] Jello Gangsta Cosby.Cute Lil Pookiebear
“Check your inbox. Infractions for everyone!” – Oprah

Strange Event Time?

Posted by: FenceJumper.9106

FenceJumper.9106

They based their decision off of server statistics as they stated in 1 or 2 other threads. I would assume this time on friday is their peak occupancy time. Just because you dont get on at this time doesnt mean everyone else doesnt.

Strange Event Time?

Posted by: Joessit.1908

Joessit.1908

No matter what time they do it, it’s a bad time for someone.

Friday afternoon though? I mean obviously not everyone is meant to attend, I understand, but unless I’m mistaken, this is a bad time for many. I know lots of people who do work, who even are in university, and this would be a bad time for all of them. This is literally the time to leave for work for some, maybe midday for others, like people in my timezone. But apparently this is a “peak time”? Doesn’t sound right to me.

Strange Event Time?

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

It’s only Friday afternoon in the US. In Europe it’s Friday evening. I’ve heard mention that there are many more European players currently than there are US players, so it would make sense for the event to kick off in their prime-time.

I just hope they implement a “Hall of Monuments” type event viewer soon so that I can watch the event later when I get online.

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast