Strange ingame mails

Strange ingame mails

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

Oki for the past week or so i constantly getting ingame mails from weird named people why i dont know it always contains 1c and nothing else anyone else have this ?
Its never from the same account either. First i thought its just some prank but ive got a feeling there is more behind these mails. Anyway ive started reporting them for spamming.

Strange ingame mails

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Someone’s bot broke and failed to type in the “buy gold here” message or it was censored.

Strange ingame mails

Posted by: Dyroth.5063

Dyroth.5063

Reply and see if they will send you more copper. Maybe over time you can get a free gold!

Seriously it is a tactic gold spammers use to make it so you have to look at the mail. As Healix said there was supposed to be an attached message but it got messed up and lost somehow.

Strange ingame mails

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

I have heard some players send coppers to random people they came across just to creep them out.

Strange ingame mails

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

cool thanx think your right bout it being gold sellers the names sounds like names goldselers would use

Strange ingame mails

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi Osculim,

Seems those mails are from gold sellers. Feel free to delete them. And of course, if they have a copper with them, also feel free to get it.

Thanks to everyone for helping this player.
This thread is closed. Also, please remember to report any gold seller or bot you can.