Strange market - need advice

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dirdyy.1648

Dirdyy.1648

I played this game since beta and i thought i understand most of the market ups and downs but right now i m really confused.

https://www.gw2tp.com/item/43773-quartz-crystal

Where did all this crystal dissapear since mid January?

At first i suppose this is market manipulation, but i think the amount are to much for this.

About 7.000.000. are gone with an average price of 0.90 S, this would be 63.000 Gold,
28.000 stacks or 1400 full 20" bags.
To much for that i think.

Second thought was, perhaps it is needed for something to craft like the “grow lamp” for mawdrey, but the amount is much to high for that and most of the players allready have this item.

So right now i really don t understand what is going on here.
Perhaps someone could clarify this for me.

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

Second thought was, perhaps it is needed for something to craft like the “grow lamp” for mawdrey, but the amount is much to high for that and most of the players allready have this item.

Your assumption that “most of the players allready have this item” is clearly wrong. The markets for Mawdrey ingredients are still alive and well (if noticeably, and predictably, weaker than a few months ago). Also, crafting Sinister gear needs quartz crystals as well which, in contrast to Nomads being a DPS set, should see some demand.

In other words, there are working sinks for them while the supply side is strictly limited at less than 25 crystals per account per day on average (22 plus RNG-based bonuses like the WvW gathering bonus and the extra drops from the home instance node).

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

And some people are planning on making celestial and berserker gear in preparation for the Revenant, which is driving up the prices of blood and quartz.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Dirdyy.1648

I was not aware that this item is limited like the passion fruit.

This limitation and the new Revenant class could be the reason for that.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Biggest source of quartz was Zephyr Sanctum .. and that was 9 or 10 months ago.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

You were correct. It is clearly a market manipulation.

There were no new sinks for it and there is steady supply from dry top, although not as strong as it once was. The only real reason for 7 million to disappear is because a whale bought an alt account a couple months ago when the price started rising and is using it to store them in the TP pick up tab.

It has been slow going for the last couple months and it’s rise. I have been watching it because when they dropped to 20c i bought a bunch and seeded sell orders from 60c to 2s to keep tabs on it.

Dirdyy.1648

Never thought of it that someone could use the TP pick up tab as storage.

But it s a cheap possibilty to store a huge amount of things with a alt account.

Learned something new. Ty.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

There were no new sinks for it and there is steady supply from dry top, although not as strong as it once was. The only real reason for 7 million to disappear is because a whale bought an alt account a couple months ago when the price started rising and is using it to store them in the TP pick up tab.

It has been slow going for the last couple months and it’s rise. I have been watching it because when they dropped to 20c i bought a bunch and seeded sell orders from 60c to 2s to keep tabs on it.

Thats not true. Verata gear was introduced right about the time that quartz started losing supply on the tp end of last year.
Its a good new sink and in addition to that we now had 3 sales where gw2 was available for 75%. A huge number of new accounts got opened, be it new players or alt accounts.
That means that the old sinks (celestial gear) got alot new customers.

As celestial is account bound, even alt accounts have to craft it for their own.
At the rate that i am selling recipes for exotic celestial insignias and inscriptions since the start of the year, its quite a popular set to craft on new accounts.

And for a time, people used to craft charged sheets of ambrite for a cheap way to level their crafts from 400-500.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

People will try to manipulate the market whenever they can to make a profit. Just check out Black Lion Chests:

https://www.gw2tp.com/item/20316-black-lion-chest

eithinan.9841

Thats not true. Verata gear was introduced right about the time that quartz started losing supply on the tp end of last year.
Its a good new sink and in addition to that we now had 3 sales where gw2 was available for 75%. A huge number of new accounts got opened, be it new players or alt accounts.

As celestial is account bound, even alt accounts have to craft it for their own.
At the rate that i am selling recipes for exotic celestial insignias and inscriptions since the start of the year, its quite a popular set to craft on new accounts.

And for a time, people used to craft charged sheets of ambrite for a cheap way to level their crafts from 400-500.

If it shifted a moderate amount slowly I may agree with you to a point but the simple volume of this buy out over the last couple months is suspect. Also by my place holder sell listings the price increase came in spurts. 3-7c increase over a 24 hour period and then a week wait. I assume to see what hidden supply was out there. But a couple copper increase on sell listing at a time means tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands were bought out in a short time period.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

the price is probably going up. But instead of being 1.88 silver 1 year from now, someone bought it up and make it 1.88 silver now. That’s kind of how stock market works.

I honestly don’t like this kind of post. Because I’m not sure if some people purposely make this kind of post just because they bought a bunch.

eithinan.9841

Its not really a stock market as its more an unregulated commodities market. And yes the timing of the post is suspect considering it comes near the upper range in price not when it was slowly rising.

Ayrilana.1396

Its not really a stock market as its more an unregulated commodities market. And yes the timing of the post is suspect considering it comes near the upper range in price not when it was slowly rising.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/bltc/Post-Your-biggest-Trading-Post-Flip-Flops/first#post4607826

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I see demand steady over the long run and supply starting a steady decline since January. There are a several possible explanations:

• The ‘hidden’ supply has dried up, i.e. quartz is priced high enough so people have finished selling out their stock left in guild banks etc.
  • Speculators have bought up 4 million units at 80c to 180c over the last 3 months.
  • A core group of people have started to panic about having enough quartz/charged quartz for celestial and other stats, for later on down the road. They are buying now, to avoid the rush they expect to happen.

The first and third seem a lot more likely to me than the second.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

laokoko.7403

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/bltc/Post-Your-biggest-Trading-Post-Flip-Flops/first#post4607826

If the OP really don’t know you can store items in TP, he know now. Better than using all those characters to store candy corn.

I think when GW2 have those 10$ sell, some of the items supply drop a bunch. Last sell, a bunch of leather is depleted. I bought some too.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If the OP really don’t know you can store items in TP, he know now. Better than using all those characters to store candy corn.

I think when GW2 have those 10$ sell, some of the items supply drop a bunch. Last sell, a bunch of leather is depleted. I bought some too.

Good point. I know a lot of people that bought $10 accounts exactly for this reason: they can put in buy orders for stuff that is cheap now and only collect it from the TP when it’s gone up enough. Until then, they just get the daily login rewards and convert laurels to T6 mats.

(I dunno if this is the only reason T6 mats have dropped so much this year, but it seems likely it’s a major factor.)

Ayrilana.1396

Good point. I know a lot of people that bought $10 accounts exactly for this reason: they can put in buy orders for stuff that is cheap now and only collect it from the TP when it’s gone up enough. Until then, they just get the daily login rewards and convert laurels to T6 mats.

(I dunno if this is the only reason T6 mats have dropped so much this year, but it seems likely it’s a major factor.)

Yep. I’m pretty sure that’s what someone is doing with the black lion chests too.

Wanze.8410

If it shifted a moderate amount slowly I may agree with you to a point but the simple volume of this buy out over the last couple months is suspect. Also by my place holder sell listings the price increase came in spurts. 3-7c increase over a 24 hour period and then a week wait. I assume to see what hidden supply was out there. But a couple copper increase on sell listing at a time means tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands were bought out in a short time period.

The sheer volume of this buy out is a clear indication for me that it isnt “market manipulation” by a fair few investors. It has to be general demand from a pretty big playerbase.

Supply diminished from 8 million to 1 million since the start of the year, so basically 2 million per month. That might seem excessive to some poeple, but supply on the tp is just the tip of the iceberg. We produce and destroy quartz on a daily basis, so most propably, for the last 3 1/2 months, we produced 20 million quartz per month but ended up using 22 million quartz.

For a full set of exotic celestial you need:
30 charged quartz for the armor
20 charged quartz for 4 weapons
25 charged quartz for 5 trinkets
30 charged quartz for 6 jewels

Thats more than 100 charged quartz, so 2500 quartz crystals per set.

At that cost, 7 million quartz are enough to craft 2800 celestial sets.

Since the start of the year, i sold from various accounts over 4k recipes for celestial gossamer insignias and supply on the tp went down from 5k to 1k as well.
Then there are all the recipes that got sold by other people. Granted, not all of those recipes will have been consumed and additionally sucked 2500 quartz out of the market but we havent even considered the sink from sheets of charged ambrite.
The insignias and inscriptions only need 1 charged quartz each but there is additional demand from the account bound sigil and rune (no idea how popular they are) and the bountiful and furious nourishments.
I use furious maintenance oil in wvw, so I use up 1 charged quartz every 150 minutes.

I dont doubt that there are quite a few investors in quartz, I am one of them, but to believe a single player bought the majority of the 7 million quartz form the tp over the last 3 1/2 months, is simply rediculous.

eithinan.9841

I dont doubt that there are quite a few investors in quartz, I am one of them, but to believe a single player bought the majority of the 7 million quartz form the tp over the last 3 1/2 months, is simply ridiculous.

There have been many sinks added without a doubt. But to deny that even 30k gold is some insurmountable amount to invest for a few people is naive. A couple whales working together could get that easy. A single one could. Heck, you wanze could have moved this your self if you cashed out a bunch of other investments.

The thing that tells me it is an intentional movement of the market price as opposed to a natural upswing is the pace of the sales I got. Especially when it was moving from 40c(my lowest listings) to 1s it would go in spurts of a few copper at a time. Each one of those was a mass buy out not natural sales. If they were simple, normal usage i would have sold all of the ones at 55c one day and then a few days later the 56c listing would sell. I wouldn’t have been looking at my recently sold tab and seen listings sold for 55c, 56c, 57c, 58c all over a short amount of time. Not with the tens of thousands that were sitting at each price point.

To be clear I never said a single player, but a single player could do it. I know of a handful of people who have over 100k gold and I am not that well connected. Whether this would be a wise investment, for a single player, of that much gold is debatable but make no mistake about it a single player could easily pull it off.

Wanze.8410

I dont doubt that there are quite a few investors in quartz, I am one of them, but to believe a single player bought the majority of the 7 million quartz form the tp over the last 3 1/2 months, is simply ridiculous.

There have been many sinks added without a doubt. But to deny that even 30k gold is some insurmountable amount to invest for a few people is naive. A couple whales working together could get that easy. A single one could. Heck, you wanze could have moved this your self if you cashed out a bunch of other investments.

The thing that tells me it is an intentional movement of the market price as opposed to a natural upswing is the pace of the sales I got. Especially when it was moving from 40c(my lowest listings) to 1s it would go in spurts of a few copper at a time. Each one of those was a mass buy out not natural sales. If they were simple, normal usage i would have sold all of the ones at 55c one day and then a few days later the 56c listing would sell. I wouldn’t have been looking at my recently sold tab and seen listings sold for 55c, 56c, 57c, 58c all over a short amount of time. Not with the tens of thousands that were sitting at each price point.

To be clear I never said a single player, but a single player could do it. I know of a handful of people who have over 100k gold and I am not that well connected. Whether this would be a wise investment, for a single player, of that much gold is debatable but make no mistake about it a single player could easily pull it off.

Even regular consumers usually buy in bulk, at least 1 stack, they dont buy 25 each day just because they only need 25 each day. Some propably buy the 2500 they need for a full set at once. Now i dont know how much listings you had at every value but they would have to be substancial, about 50k or so, in order for you to determine, if those 50k were bought out by a whale or just a bunch of consumers that bought multiples of 250 each.

Your listings at 40c disappeared back in november, your listings between 55c-60c disappeared in january. Any data on the last 3 months, where the bulk of the supply went?

I know i checked my sales on celestial gossamer insignias over the last 4 months (took me around 3 hours to count this afternoon) and i sold insignias worth over 2.5 million quartz each month, 86% of those sales were single recipes, which indicates that they were bought by consumers, not investors.

For me, thats a huge indicator that the demand for quartz is in fact substantially higher than the mere 7 million we lost over the last 4 months. We propably consumed hundreds of millions of quartz since the start of the year.

My investment in quartz/charged sheets of ambrite/celestial recipes is propably around 3-4k gold with an actual lowest listing value around 5 times that high now.

Might sound much to some people but in the end, its just enough to cover the global demand for a couple of hours.

Anyways, if you think general demand in the last couple of months came mostly from investors, you are foolish to buy quartz now. If you think demand came from consumers, you better stock up now.

Dirdyy.1648

I read all the answers and in my mind the demand came from consumers.

1. Anet want to strengthen the condition meta. Many players have already one or more berserker gear and now make some condition gear as an alternative.

2. Introducing the new class “revenant” in the beta.

3. The rumor (or is it fact?) that the condition cap of 25 will be increase with HoT.

laokoko.7403

the supplies is definitely going down. But flippers obviously bought up a bunch(and probably most of it).

It’s like the wings of dwayna. It stays at 20 gold for a year. And after Anet release it again in wintersday. Price actually spike to 100 gold. (because people realize the supply is too small that they can monopolize).

You can’t really blame the flippers, because there just not much supplies injected in the economy everyday, so they can bought up a bunch and monopolize the market.

And just so people knows http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/41576 supplies is dropping fast. Investor pros told me it’s a good investment.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

laokoko.7403

I read all the answers and in my mind the demand came from consumers.

1. Anet want to strengthen the condition meta. Many players have already one or more berserker gear and now make some condition gear as an alternative.

2. Introducing the new class “revenant” in the beta.

3. The rumor (or is it fact?) that the condition cap of 25 will be increase with HoT.

So did you actually have a bunch of quartz crystal? Seemed like you care a lot about it.

If there are other good items to invest let me know lol.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

eithinan.9841

Even regular consumers usually buy in bulk, at least 1 stack, they dont buy 25 each day just because they only need 25 each day. Some propably buy the 2500 they need for a full set at once. Now i dont know how much listings you had at every value but they would have to be substancial, about 50k or so, in order for you to determine, if those 50k were bought out by a whale or just a bunch of consumers that bought multiples of 250 each.

Your listings at 40c disappeared back in november, your listings between 55c-60c disappeared in january. Any data on the last 3 months, where the bulk of the supply went?

I know i checked my sales on celestial gossamer insignias over the last 4 months (took me around 3 hours to count this afternoon) and i sold insignias worth over 2.5 million quartz each month, 86% of those sales were single recipes, which indicates that they were bought by consumers, not investors.

For me, thats a huge indicator that the demand for quartz is in fact substantially higher than the mere 7 million we lost over the last 4 months. We propably consumed hundreds of millions of quartz since the start of the year.

My investment in quartz/charged sheets of ambrite/celestial recipes is propably around 3-4k gold with an actual lowest listing value around 5 times that high now.

Might sound much to some people but in the end, its just enough to cover the global demand for a couple of hours.

I was using those specific price points as an example but that pattern is exactly how all my listings were sold. I had bought up bulk quartz when it was way low, around 20c way back when it was ultra cheap after LS s1. I then relisted a dozen stacks or so at each copper price point between 40c and 1.2c. 40c,41c,42c…..94c,95c,96c….1.18s,1.19s,1.20s

I only go back the last month for daily sales on my quartz history but
26 days ago 99c sold
23 days ago 1.0s sold out
18 days ago my listings went from 1.01s to 1.05s.
Then 15 days ago the rest of my 1.05s listing sold and it spiked up to 1.09s.
14 days ago all my 1.10s listing sold. (There were a LOT at 1.10s)
12 days ago the rest 1.10s to 1.14s sold out.
11 days ago the 1.15s sold. (and here too)
10 days ago the 1.16 to the 1.20 listings sold.
9 days ago 1.20s-1.28s (this is where I started only listing a few stacks here or there at random price points)
8 days ago my listing at 1.3-1.32 sold.
7 days ago 1.39s-1.48s sold
5 days ago 1 stack at 1.49s
4 days 1.5s sold

Those listings lower than 1.2c price points had way more than I had put there as well. To the tune of tens of thousands at some copper price points. As you point out the quartz isn’t in a bubble, it gets affected by many different market forces now. Those sheets of charged ambrite and its many uses are an example of things that have a strong effect. But just looking at my sold list tells me that this movement in the market was intentional. With an unregulated commodities market things like this happen.

Anyways, if you think general demand in the last couple of months came mostly from investors, you are foolish to buy quartz now. If you think demand came from consumers, you better stock up now.

I 100% agree.

disclaimer: no tin foil hat thing here. There is no secret TP cabal controlling quartz. Look at the buy orders. There are no HUGE buy walls keeping the price high but the upswing in the price is driven by a few smart people aggressively investing. The natural price balance between supply/demand hasn’t been reached yet I feel because drytop is a ghost town and that is where the farmable quartz is. At what price quartz becomes viable to farm is the question I have with this. I would also like to point out that I always knew that the quartz price was artificially low due to oversupply from long ago. I also had a feeling that the amount coming out of dry top wouldn’t sustain the 25-30c price point it was at for months.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There have been many sinks added without a doubt. But to deny that even 30k gold is some insurmountable amount to invest for a few people is naive. A couple whales working together could get that easy. …

The thing that tells me it is an intentional movement of the market price as opposed to a natural upswing is the pace of the sales I got. Especially when it was moving from 40c(my lowest listings) to 1s it would go in spurts of a few copper at a time. ….

Even regular consumers usually buy in bulk, at least 1 stack, they dont buy 25 each day just because they only need 25 each day. Some propably buy the 2500 they need for a full set at once. …

I know i checked my sales on celestial gossamer insignias over the last 4 months …and i sold insignias worth over 2.5 million quartz each month, 86% of those sales were single recipes, which indicates that they were bought by consumers, not investors.

For me, thats a huge indicator that the demand for quartz is in fact substantially higher than the mere 7 million we lost over the last 4 months. …

Great post, Wanze. Thanks for reminding us that the TP covers a huge number of players with a not-quite-insatiable demand for getting their stuff “now.”

This is also a pretty typical curve for an item that has a huge demand, but started out with a horrible oversupply: at first, you can’t give it away, then it gradually starts to gain value, until people panic, and the market changes completely. I think of it like pouring sand on a pile: you keep building up a mound, but at some point, the mound gets one scoop too many, and it collapses. (Same sort of “chaotic” events occur for earthquakes, quicksand, the latest popular band, certain trending hashtags, etc.)

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

There is no manipulation, it’s just the grow lamp. I’m not the only one who try’s to create every day one charged crystal. For them I have to buy 25 quartz each day. Since January I bought 10 Stacks which is 2.500 crystals and that is just ONE player. I’m pretty sure that way more than 1000 player do the same each day.

There you see where millions of crystals went. If Anet won’t add a good farming point for crystals, they will probably raise way more and faster now. (because there are only ~1 million left and the drytop ones aren’t enough to even it)

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Sinister gear also requires quartz (charged quartz, in fact).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

eithinan.9841

There is no manipulation, it’s just the grow lamp. I’m not the only one who try’s to create every day one charged crystal. For them I have to buy 25 quartz each day. Since January I bought 10 Stacks which is 2.500 crystals and that is just ONE player. I’m pretty sure that way more than 1000 player do the same each day.

There you see where millions of crystals went. If Anet won’t add a good farming point for crystals, they will probably raise way more and faster now. (because there are only ~1 million left and the drytop ones aren’t enough to even it)

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/43773

If you widen it out so that you can see mid august 2014, the release date of mawdry and by proxy the grow lamp you can see the balance it had naturally rising from 24c to 50c with a bit of supply shifts similar to what i did. Then that balance got out of whack when from about jan. 12 to feb 12 the supply dropped from 8 million to 5 million on the TP. that effectively removed any monster price walls for it to find a new stability and this also went to draw out hidden stock, but there wasnt that much there it appears reading the graphs from spidey and gw2tp. After that there is a swift increase in price because of the fast decline in price from may of 2014. when a item plummets in price and stays at a low price for a long time it accumulates a ton of “low hanging fruit” .

All it takes is enough gold to break the balance of supply on hand and demand. My guess is that in november 2014 or earlier, there were tp flippers who started buying up the over stock and relisting it higher. That is where the current supply of a little over 1 million sitting there is from mostly.

In conclusion, I am not saying that the price rise is 100% the efforts of some single player or group of players. But that initial catalyst was most definitely speculator driven.

I have talked to you wanze about a few things similar to this, but not nearly on the scale and volume of the transactions needed to pull off the initial 3 million buy out. I would need a lot more data than what is available with the graphs and charts. But even daily purchases/listings/unique buys/unique sells like John gave us for Twilight that one day would clear a few things up. If it was from late Janurary when the buyout happened and a late February when it was steady that would really be interesting I think.

Posted by: Garth Thurgen.1380

Garth Thurgen.1380

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/43773

If you widen it out so that you can see mid august 2014, the release date of mawdry and by proxy the grow lamp you can see the balance it had naturally rising from 24c to 50c with a bit of supply shifts similar to what i did. Then that balance got out of whack when from about jan. 12 to feb 12 the supply dropped from 8 million to 5 million on the TP. that effectively removed any monster price walls for it to find a new stability and this also went to draw out hidden stock, but there wasnt that much there it appears reading the graphs from spidey and gw2tp. After that there is a swift increase in price because of the fast decline in price from may of 2014. when a item plummets in price and stays at a low price for a long time it accumulates a ton of “low hanging fruit” .

All it takes is enough gold to break the balance of supply on hand and demand. My guess is that in november 2014 or earlier, there were tp flippers who started buying up the over stock and relisting it higher. That is where the current supply of a little over 1 million sitting there is from mostly.

In conclusion, I am not saying that the price rise is 100% the efforts of some single player or group of players. But that initial catalyst was most definitely speculator driven.

I have talked to you wanze about a few things similar to this, but not nearly on the scale and volume of the transactions needed to pull off the initial 3 million buy out. I would need a lot more data than what is available with the graphs and charts. But even daily purchases/listings/unique buys/unique sells like John gave us for Twilight that one day would clear a few things up. If it was from late Janurary when the buyout happened and a late February when it was steady that would really be interesting I think.

This timing also exactly coincides with the Vinewraith being launched, and Dry Top completely turning into a ghost town.

Currently the only things that can really be concluded at this point is that large amounts of people started to need the Quartz joined the game during the times after that point (due to sales) that didn’t have any Quartz (and didn’t necessarily find any need in Dry Top as their source for it due to its completely irrelevant price), that the overall price gaps during that time were on an active market (high amounts of Buy Orders were filled, meaning that people were actually selling their during that time), and that a massive amount of these orders were filled by individuals rather than heavy investment from a single source (there aren’t any spikes outside of the giant pile at 68c being breached, and the smaller ones leading up to the wall at 88c being met).

laokoko.7403

I dont’ know why people keep talking about demands.

It’s not like demands drive up the price of black lion chest or mystic coin. People arn’t even crafting legendaries now since they are waiting for the expansion.

Just look at dwayna’s recipe. It stays 20 gold for a whole year, and wintersday spike up more instead of dropping.

It’s not that the demand suddenly spiked. It’s just there are not much supplies entering the economy.

Flippers rule the worlds! Nothing you can do about it. Oh ya, quartz crystal will only go up. No one is doing dry top, and home instance only supply a few a day.

and I don’t know why people keep blaming flippers. If I told you the price of x item will sky rocket tomorrow, you’ll buy it too. Hack, most people complained about flippers probably flip or invest item before in GW2.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

eithinan.9841

I dont’ know why people keep talking about demands.

It’s not like demands drive up the price of black lion chest or mystic coin. People arn’t even crafting legendaries now since they are waiting for the expansion.

Just look at dwayna’s recipe. It stays 20 gold for a whole year, and wintersday spike up more instead of dropping.

It’s not that the demand suddenly spiked. It’s just there are not much supplies entering the economy.

Flippers rule the worlds! Nothing you can do about it. Oh ya, quartz crystal will only go up. No one is doing dry top, and home instance only supply a few a day.

and I don’t know why people keep blaming flippers. If I told you the price of x item will sky rocket tomorrow, you’ll buy it too. Hack, most people complained about flippers probably flip or invest item before in GW2.

Yeah pretty much this. I am also not complaining about the flippers, just pointing this one out. Heck I admitted I played the flip game myself above on quartz above.

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

thanks for the heads up. listed 2 stacks for 5s.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Wanze.8410

I just listed 100 stacks at 4.99s.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

ouch lol but i dont think 25k will be enough to stop his sale

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Wanze.8410

I highly doubt it will go up to 5s.
Or 4.99s.

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

I highly doubt it will go up to 5s.
Or 4.99s.

thats fine, itll sell eventually. ive had some watchwork sprockets at 5s for almost a year

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Posted by: Myssiv.1036

Myssiv.1036

Master market manipulation. GJ. I applaud you.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Breached 2s now, ~8x your initial investment for those that bought Quartz at 21c or 22c during the festival :P

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Who needs quartz when you can have other stuff that will be extremely needed

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch