Strengthen playing as a group

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chris.6105

Chris.6105

Beside Dungeons, there are not really reasons to play in a group in PvE. I think it would be nice to add some specials to group-gameplay to increase the fun for playing together in a group.

Traits and such affective on allies could only affect group members. Nothing lost, if playing alone, but in a group this could bring the possibility to buff certain things like stacking area-trait effects like soothing mist to five or increasing the range of shouts.

Also reviving or supporting certain allies, bind all your group members to a certain key and add a few skills for each profession. This shall not bring the monk back, but stronger support against a single target is something I really miss.

The actual revive skills are in my eyes pretty useless. How about adding a small skill bar (only 3 skills for example) which will affect a choosen ally ddepending on its state (alive, down, dead). So you can revive an ally or buff him depending on the situation.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Beside Dungeons, there are not really reasons to play in a group in PvE.

There is. You need a party to get back into the same map and get your loot after a disconnect/crash.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: flarezi.9381

flarezi.9381

I totally agree, I have spent lot time thinking of what our group of 4 could be doing in GW2 without it being totally unnecessary to skype and play same time together.
We have played lots of dungeons and fractals, but also roamed on WvW, on Edge, Bosses, Silverwastes, Jumping Puzzles, season 2-story achievements, activities (if we get into same game by miracle) …. Since we’re not fans of PvP, I’m running out of ideas here.. If there only was a way to enter activities with my party, or do guild missions with only 4 people.. Maybe there is, we haven’t tried that yet. :P