Strongly disagree with new chest loot.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Hello Anet,

I STRONGLY disagree with how there are guaranteed rares in world bosses now.

The dragon/world events aren’t hard and take pretty minimal time to do, and does not take too long. But now that they award guarenteed rares, the reward you get for the time/effort you put it is SIGNIFICANTLY higher than anywhere else in the game.

Which means EVERYONE is just farming these events, and not really doing anything else. It doesn’t make sense to do anything anymore, when you can easily earn 1G worth of stuff in barely 5 minutes if you hop around different events.

So there’s there’s a ton of people camping multiple characters in these events and guesting all over just to do these events. Once my guildies told me about it, I ran about doing these events on all my alts for a good hour or so, then felt silly. Because it’s just so easy to obtain rewards, it’s ridiculous.

While upping loot rate is great, making it guaranteed on such easy content is wrong, I feel, and I sincerely hope you nerf the loot from the world events.

Posted by: Henqquli.5078

Henqquli.5078

You know whats more fun? When your gw2 crashes out of lag/too many people.
All players and their moms are guesting on every server, gawd.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

You know whats more fun? When your gw2 crashes out of lag/too many people.
All players and their moms are guesting on every server, gawd.

Guesting is limited to 2 servers per day. Per account.

Posted by: Neb.4170

Neb.4170

Why not make the events harder, rather than just nerfing the loot cause it’s too easy?

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

These chests should be given out once, across all servers and characters, once. Or it should be affected by (shudder) DR. But then it should be done right.

Why not make the events harder, rather than just nerfing the loot cause it’s too easy?

Or, do this! Make them a lot more intricate and difficult to complete, not the cake walk we currently have. And participation needs to happen from the start. I see too many people in Claw of Jormag stand off to the side.

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

There is no hope for the human race.

People actually complain about better rewards? Lmao.
You gonna cry at work when you get a raise for working the same amount of hours, doing the same job?

No. Just no. End thread.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Its not a guaranteed rare. I did Grenth last night and got blues and greens.

Ursan.7846

You gonna cry at work when you get a raise for working the same amount of hours, doing the same job?

No. Just no. End thread.

You’re getting more rewards, but the game as a whole is degraded.

People doing the actual event is having a tough time because of the incredible amounts of lag/culling.

No reason to do really do anything else in the game for rewards, because this one is so imbalanced.

I don’t mind better rewards, I wish they were BALANCED across the entire game.

It’s the exact same problem as CoF path 1. People run it repeatedly because it’s incredibly rewarding for the time it takes. This encourages concentration of people in just one area of the game, and that’s not good for the entire game as a whole.

(edited by Ursan.7846)

Ursan.7846

I’ve done 6 events so far, and gotten 7 rares. Even if it’s not guaranteed, the rate is waaaaaay too high for events as easy as these.

Posted by: Wift.9862

Wift.9862

Recently, I remember Colin Johanson saying that one of the gameplay philosophies is about having the rewards respect people’s time. I think the update with the almost guaranteed rares reflects that change. Most of these world bosses take longer than 15 minutes to do, when you consider having to do pre-events alongside them, not to mention having to also wait for the events to start.

Before this update, the only way to get as much profit is by farming CoF or other area’s and doing the same thing over and over again. This change makes it more encouraging to actually have fun and get rewarded at the same time rather than be bored and get rewarded at the same time, because you’re encouraged to do all kinds of different events during the day.

With this change, you can be doing anything in the game, and earn the around the same amount of rewards, regardless if you’re doing dungeons, Fractals or world events. I for one, welcome this change, and hope Anet doesn’t nerf these world event chests.

Ursan.7846

With this change, you can be doing anything in the game, and earn the around the same amount of rewards, regardless if you’re doing dungeons, Fractals or world events. I for one, welcome this change, and hope Anet doesn’t nerf these world event chests.

But you don’t get the same amount of rewards.

I no longer have a motivation to do fractals for loot. Why bother, when you can get the same amount of rares easier and faster?

Dungeons too. The only dungeon paths remotely similar to profitability to this new event-spamming is CoF 1.

With fractals/dungeons, at least you had to work for it. (Not CoF1, but that’s also a problem.)

I just did Maw in like 1 minute, with all the people zerging it, and got a rare for it. The reward/effort is completely out of skew.

(edited by Ursan.7846)

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

No. Just no. End thread.

I agree we worked and worked with them to remove the DR and the crappy drops and now some people who obviously wanna keep control over the messed up excuse of an economy we have now want DR implemented again?! two words

NO WAY

If you guys want to manipulate the market for easy gold you’re going to have to find a better way and actually work for it now, the loot system was bad enough before, and the Devs should not allow a few early launchers to manipulate them into making the loot go backwards to a time when 50% of the population of this game received nothing for their time easy or not.

You know and here’s another problem. None of the dungeoneers had a single problem with this title when the Devs made almost all of the loot drop in Fractals but now that people are culminating in areas to try to catch up from what was effectively Tyria’s Great Depression NOW everyone has a problem with it.

Sorry not buying it.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

sostronk.8167

I’ve done 6 events so far, and gotten 7 rares. Even if it’s not guaranteed, the rate is waaaaaay too high for events as easy as these.

You sound sadistic tbh. There are alot of casual donkeys out there who don’t want to chase the carrot hanging from the stick for an eternity. I say this with good intentions, I think you need to really have a long think about why you are being driven to grinding. GW2 was never and should never be about this, even if thats the way its going.

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

5 chests and only 2 rares, I’d say they’re doing fine.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Posted by: Kintari.4172

Kintari.4172

I agree with the OP. It’s out of control. These events are just giant lag riddled farmfests now, even more so than they used to be.

Kintari | Rintaki | Rin Taki | Kian Tir | Zahinn | Lith <<< Blackgate >>>

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

Occasionally you see people die at a world boss, but I do agree they are pretty easy and the lag yesterday was redonkulous.

Now that you only get one chest a day from dragons/behemoth etc I think it’s a cool thing to get a rare…because you’d just repeat it 4 times that day and make the same money from blues and greens. Unless you got lucky.

Posted by: Diamandis.7483

Diamandis.7483

No. Just no. End thread.

Yes end it here and now, if you do not agree with the new reward system for events DO NOT do them simple as that. But since when did rares become an issue exotics still are not all that common. Now Please Please just erase this discussion, I have not felt so strongly against a thread much less felt a need to log into the forums since the Karka event….

“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.”

(edited by Diamandis.7483)

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

A pinata is useless to you once cracked anyway…. just like these bosses.

I dont see a problem with a guaranteed item from them, especially considering how easy it was to get boned prior to this update.

’Cause i loved getting nothing but medallions and jewels from chest /sarcasm

Posted by: Dangerkips.6035

Dangerkips.6035

The rewards are too good compared to the difficulity of the events. As i’ve said before, world-bosses are pinatas. There is no challenge. I think it’s safe to say that no-one ever wiped at an world-boss.

Some of the people on this forum would say that’s exactly what they want.

Maximum reward for minimal effort. Such is the way of the Casual Gamer.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Too much loot and too much content. Did someone start a contest to see who can make the most rediculous thread?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

No. Just no. End thread.

Yes end it here and now, if you do not agree with the new reward system for events DO NOT do them simple as that. But since when did rares become an issue exotics still are not all that common. Now Please Please just erase this discussion, I have not felt so strongly against a post much less felt a need to log into the forums since the Karka event….

Exactly. How many times did they tell us that about Fractals?? If you don’t like dragon events you don’t have to do them fractal advocates.

I repeat, do not listen to these people Devs, Tyria’s Great Depression is officially over, once people catch up the mobs will calm down, there’s absolutely no need to fix what ain’t broke.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

They finally put events in the game worth doing and people complain?

Un-frikk’n-Real.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Posted by: Winfernal.9208

Winfernal.9208

Too much loot and too much content. Did someone start a contest to see who can make the most rediculous thread?

Too much loot for too little effort*
I’ve wanted upped difficulity on world-bosses since release. All they got now, are large health pools…

“Kharomir” – Human Guardian
[DW] Dynasty Warriors, [TNA] The Northern Assembly
http://www.farshiverpeaks.com

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

For 3 months people have been crying over bugged loot drops incl. chest drops. Now they make it better and someone still has to complain. Close this thread please! Don’t make the game any more ‘difficult’ to lay your eyes on – atleast now there’s a reason to PvE! And each rare I got until now still sells for less than 1 glob of ecto – so no big deal.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

sostronk.8167

You just got my first ever +1 for a post in these forums.

Darth Llama.9217

For 3 months people have been crying over bugged loot drops incl. chest drops. Now they make it better and someone still has to complain. Close this thread please! Don’t make the game any more ‘difficult’ to lay your eyes on – atleast now there’s a reason to PvE! And each rare I got until now still sells for less than 1 glob of ecto – so no big deal.

Agreed, close this thread. The OP DOES NOT speak for the majority. This thread sucks.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Your argument would hold more sway if you had been there when the open world players were complaining about being forced to do dungeons in order to get the best loot in the game.

I am sorry that you are stuck on the other side of the pendulum this time, so is life.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Ursan.7846

I think some of you miss my point.

I don’t mind better loot

I do mind if great loot comes from events as easy as this.

If you’re going to increase loot this much, at least make it challenging, not be able to afk-zerg it in a minute.

I don’t mind dungeons, fractals, or Guild Missions giving out good loot. They are difficult and takes time (Except CoF 1).

But world events? No way. They are too easy. Again, at least make them HARD if you’re gonna guarentee rares.

Wift.9862

I no longer have a motivation to do fractals for loot. Why bother, when you can get the same amount of rares easier and faster?

Dungeons too. The only dungeon paths remotely similar to profitability to this new event-spamming is CoF 1.

With fractals/dungeons, at least you had to work for it. (Not CoF1, but that’s also a problem.)

I just did Maw in like 1 minute, with all the people zerging it, and got a rare for it. The reward/effort is completely out of skew.

To be quite honest, Fractals is really done just for ascended gear, not loot, so lets leave that out of the equation.

Most dungeon paths can be done in 20-30 minutes with a good-average group. That’s 60 tokens worth two rares, plus 25 silver and other chests along the way. Most events like Claw of Jormag, Shatterer, etc, take more than 15 minutes when you include the pre-events. You spend even more time if you’re just waiting for the event to start, so time it takes for completion ranges to like 1-45 minutes, for one chest with 1-2 rares and chance of other loot.

If you think about it, the rewards are really roughly the same. The game is just now making it more encouraging to do stuff other than fractals and dungeons all the time.

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

I would agree that it is too much IF these chests weren’t limited to once per day per character. This alone prompts people not to sit all day at the same handful of events and encourages players to do other events. Yes, people are camping these events, but guess what? They were already doing that. People were already logging in for five-ten minutes to kill a dragon and then either idling for three hours or logging back in the next time it popped. On the other side of that coin are the events that nobody ever does, like the Megadestroyer. With guaranteed loot people now have a reason to do those other events. In fact, if all you’re interested in doing in this game is gathering rare loot to sell or salvage then doing as many different world events as possible is the only option… and that’s a good thing.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

Winfernal.9208

To be quite honest, Fractals is really done just for ascended gear, not loot, so lets leave that out of the equation.

Most dungeon paths can be done in 20-30 minutes with a good-average group. That’s 60 tokens worth two rares, plus 25 silver and other chests along the way. Most events like Claw of Jormag, Shatterer, etc, take more than 15 minutes when you include the pre-events. You spend even more time if you’re just waiting for the event to start, so time it takes for completion ranges to like 1-45 minutes, for one chest with 1-2 rares and chance of other loot.

If you think about it, the rewards are really roughly the same. The game is just now making it more encouraging to do stuff other than fractals and dungeons all the time.

Amount of time spent does not equal difficulity. You can basicly go AFK on most of the world-bosses, auto-attack, and get just as much loot as the rest.

Can you do that in dungeons?

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Bugged loot drops? fix

Guaranteed rares or better for big slow easy boss you auto-attack till dead? Stupid

Every entitled shmuck always wants more/better loot for everything. It doesn’t mean that should happen. It wasn’t at all like nobody was doing the bosses. I go check out Tequatl at 4 in the morning and you can get 10 people there, so the rewards were still definitely worth it, the loot-vomit pinata part doesn’t need to be there.

(edited by Chickenshoes.6250)

Ursan.7846

You’re encouraging people to just wait around for the event to start this.

15 minutes is incredibly generous for some of these pre-events. Like I said, Maw is on a 30min timer, and takes at max like 3 minutes to do in a big zerg. With the Dragon Timers online, knowing when to show up for an event is incredibly easy. This much reward for so little effort is ridiculous.

Darth Llama.9217

I would agree that it is too much IF these chests weren’t limited to once per day per character. This alone prompts people not to sit all day at the same handful of events and encourages players to do other events.

Well said!

You can camp your character and not move them, but then you’re not getting any other loot. The way it’s done now is fair and balanced, I like that I can hit these events once per day and have a shot at some half descent loot for once.

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

Again, people were already idling for hours waiting for the dragons. In fact, on DB at least, there are so many people AFK waiting for the Shatterer that there are always at least 20 of them standing around the cannons that miss the event altogether.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

Ursan.7846

I would agree that it is too much IF these chests weren’t limited to once per day per character. This alone prompts people not to sit all day at the same handful of events and encourages players to do other events.

Well said!

You can camp your character and not move them, but then you’re not getting any other loot. The way it’s done now is fair and balanced, I like that I can hit these events once per day and have a shot at some half descent loot for once.

I wouldn’t mind as much if they were account bound. But character bound? No way. I have 3 80s, and all my guildies have quite a few. We were just cycling through our characters doing behemoth/maw/fire elemental/jormag on 3 servers until I felt super silly.

Darth Llama.9217

Well said!

I wouldn’t mind as much if they were account bound. But character bound? No way. I have 3 80s, and all my guildies have quite a few. We were just cycling through our characters doing behemoth/maw/fire elemental/jormag on 3 servers until I felt super silly.

So let me get this straight..

You abuse the hell out of the system, then come here to complain and ruin it for those of us that are using it as intended? Because you choose to exploit it, you would see us all punished?

Nice dude.

Chickenshoes.6250

I would also be fine with it if it were per account. 8 characters is ridiculous for the same reason people can’t do dailies on every character, easy reward farm for no effort. Calling them rares now is a bad joke.

EDIT @llama; I have ONE character and I DONT watch the online timers for everything “as intended” and I still have enough sense to know this is stupid.

(edited by Chickenshoes.6250)

Winfernal.9208

Well said!

You abuse the hell out of the system, then come here to complain and ruin it for those of us that are using it as intended? Because you choose to exploit it, you would see us all punished?

Nice dude.

It’s obviously designed to work like this when it is CHARACTER bound. How is it exploiting?…

Ursan.7846

Nice dude.

Yes, I repent for my sins. The system is quite stupid, and I feel bad for falling into the temptation. Again, I think they should make it account-only instead of character only. Character-only is too much.

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

I think some of you miss my point.

I don’t mind better loot

I do mind if great loot comes from events as easy as this.

If you’re going to increase loot this much, at least make it challenging, not be able to afk-zerg it in a minute.

I don’t mind dungeons, fractals, or Guild Missions giving out good loot. They are difficult and takes time (Except CoF 1).

But world events? No way. They are too easy. Again, at least make them HARD if you’re gonna guarentee rares.

The big point you’re now missing is, in this game hard doesn’t exsist, only massive health pools.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Darth Llama.9217

It’s obviously designed to work like this when it is CHARACTER bound. How is it exploiting?…

Fair point.

Maybe ‘abusing’ would be a better word then ‘exploiting.’ Still it’s kind of stupid that this guy did this all day and then came here to complain about it. Some of us don’t have a lot of time to play every day, so it’s nice to know that if I catch one of these events, I might actually come away with something nice.

Wift.9862

Well said!

I do agree that the rewards should be account bound. Having the rewards character bound makes the bosses easily farmable, and totally against what Anet intended to do with these reward changes.

Winfernal.9208

Fair point.

Maybe ‘abusing’ would be a better word then ‘exploiting.’ Still it’s kind of stupid that this guy did this all day and then came here to complain about it. Some of us don’t have a lot of time to play every day, so it’s nice to know that if I catch one of these events, I might actually come away with something nice.

He wants it account bound. And i think it is fair and square for everyone.

Omg if you don’t like it then don’t do it. Problem solved. I swear, you people whine just to hear yourselves whine.

Wow…. did you even read anything in this thread?
Posts like these aren’t worth anything for anyone. Don’t do it, please. It’s trolling.

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Omg if you don’t like it then don’t do it. Problem solved. I swear, you people whine just to hear yourselves whine. Funny how people whine about these meta events now but i never heard people cry about farming COF P1…….

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: Reaver.9256

Reaver.9256

If they made all these chests and rewards once per day per account then they might as well just erase 7 of my characters and give me 7 more bank slots since that’s all they’d be good for. I shouldn’t be punished for having worked hard at making alts.

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

If they made all these chests and rewards once per day per account then they might as well just erase 7 of my characters and give me 7 more bank slots since that’s all they’d be good for. I shouldn’t be punished for having worked hard at making alts.

^^Agree. If you worked and leveling alts, then you should be able to reap the benefits, not be punished for it.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Chickenshoes.6250

Omg if you don’t like it then don’t do it. Problem solved. I swear, you people whine just to hear yourselves whine.

It cheapens the rest of the game content. For someone who wants welfare ectos effortlessly, why would they get a group together to do something somewhat challenging for a chance to get a rare when they can now auto-attack for loot vomit every time a timer ticks by.

This is the opposite of what the devs intended to discourage farming and it just moves part of the problem of “nobody does it” from the open world to dungeons.

Winfernal.9208

Yeah. Spending time is hard.

Ursan.7846

Omg if you don’t like it then don’t do it. Problem solved. I swear, you people whine just to hear yourselves whine. Funny how people whine about these meta events now but i never heard people cry about farming COF P1…….

No, I won’t do it. However, I’m worried that it’s going to cause the majority of the population to coalesce towards these events, and nothing but these events. It’s bad for the game overall, IMO.

And lets face it, CoF 1 took more skill than afking for a 20 seconds on the Maw.