Strongly disagree with new chest loot.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

If they made all these chests and rewards once per day per account then they might as well just erase 7 of my characters and give me 7 more bank slots since that’s all they’d be good for. I shouldn’t be punished for having worked hard at making alts.

^^Agree. If you worked and leveling alts, then you should be able to reap the benefits, not be punished for it.

leveling alts is hard guiz

Posted by: Winfernal.9208

Winfernal.9208

If they made all these chests and rewards once per day per account then they might as well just erase 7 of my characters and give me 7 more bank slots since that’s all they’d be good for. I shouldn’t be punished for having worked hard at making alts.

^^Agree. If you worked and leveling alts, then you should be able to reap the benefits, not be punished for it.

ITT; leveling alts is hard guiz

Massive healthpools and spending a lot of time. This is the definition of difficult content. Right?

“Kharomir” – Human Guardian
[DW] Dynasty Warriors, [TNA] The Northern Assembly
http://www.farshiverpeaks.com

Posted by: Wift.9862

Wift.9862

The point of alts shouldn’t be to reap better rewards, but to simply play the game in another style, and get a almost totally different experience. Having people with alts getting substantially better rewards would be ridiculously unfair to people that have less time to play the game, and are unable to make alts for themselves.

Posted by: Reaver.9256

Reaver.9256

Yeah. Spending time is hard.

What do you know of how I spend my time?

Chickenshoes.6250

Massive healthpools and spending a lot of time. This is the definition of difficult content. Right?

Auto attacking boss; not deserving of welfare rewards

Leveling alt; not deserving of welfare rewards

See a theme here?

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

I would not object to it being changed to once a day per account, that seems reasonable.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Winfernal.9208

See a theme here?

I sure do! Hence my post being a bit sarcastic

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

There is no hope for the human race.

People actually complain about better rewards? Lmao.
You gonna cry at work when you get a raise for working the same amount of hours, doing the same job?

No. Just no. End thread.

LOL, it really is amazing isn’t it, I guess you really can’t satisfy some people .

Why not let them just nerf it right back into the ground like everything else.

Posted by: Kaliron.4098

Kaliron.4098

People complain that the world is dead and doing champions isn’t worth it because the reward isn’t there.

People complain that the world is alive and the reward is too much

People complain about people complaining.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I actually love that i can run around the world solo doing events and get rewarded for it instead of waiting for dungeon runs. The guild im in just spent the whole afternoon running around doing Champions and Events as a group of 20, instead of only 5man dungeons.

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

There is no hope for the human race.

People actually complain about better rewards? Lmao.
You gonna cry at work when you get a raise for working the same amount of hours, doing the same job?

No. Just no. End thread.

I agree we worked and worked with them to remove the DR and the crappy drops and now some people who obviously wanna keep control over the messed up excuse of an economy we have now want DR implemented again?! two words

NO WAY

If you guys want to manipulate the market for easy gold you’re going to have to find a better way and actually work for it now, the loot system was bad enough before, and the Devs should not allow a few early launchers to manipulate them into making the loot go backwards to a time when 50% of the population of this game received nothing for their time easy or not.

You know and here’s another problem. None of the dungeoneers had a single problem with this title when the Devs made almost all of the loot drop in Fractals but now that people are culminating in areas to try to catch up from what was effectively Tyria’s Great Depression NOW everyone has a problem with it.

Sorry not buying it.

I couldn’t have said it better myself!

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

to OP:

compare income of openworld events to cof run…

It not that cof requires any skill….
Simple math tells that cof is still more profitable….

You don t like cof? plenty of easy dungeon paths out there….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: bookman.9260

bookman.9260

no this should be revenge for the people who don’t farm CoF path 1 endlessly for a couple hours and come out with 50 gold. I like that open world can finally compete in rewards vs. dungeons.

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

People complain that the world is dead and doing champions isn’t worth it because the reward isn’t there.

People complain that the world is alive and the reward is too much

People complain about people complaining.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I actually love that i can run around the world solo doing events and get rewarded for it instead of waiting for dungeon runs. The guild im in just spent the whole afternoon running around doing Champions and Events as a group of 20, instead of only 5man dungeons.

This topic isn’t about champion loot, it’s about world events giving a guaranteed rares for every char that does it, no matter how easy they are.

Chickenshoes.6250

See a theme here?

sadly subtle sarcasm doesn’t always work through text without “/sarcasm”

Posted by: jblade.6470

jblade.6470

Between giving me a reason to go to these zones and learn where the world bosses are, fixing the inflation on ectos in economy (sorry to those who had the time to farm for rares all day and screw the rest of us), and actually giving a way for casuals to get occasional good loot without farming cof/fractals is a great change. I earned 4 new boss achievements today for bosses I didn’t know existed cause I’ve been trying to gear through fractals (which people are still running so this didn’t hurt other areas of the game). Also gives me new “dailies” to try and get with these cool fights. My guild united and ran these together, also gaining us influence toward the guild missions.

Did think the lag made it less enjoyable but sure that will die down as people spread out again more. Didn’t stop me from getting my rewards though. Would also be cool to have some exclusive skin at each world boss like Final Rest that’s not extremely hard to find but still rare to make these even cooler. Don’t know why people are complaining. All it did was rebalance the ecto cost since rares aren’t actually gear to equip for most people with a more balanced step toward exotics to then work for ascended. Seems almost perfect to me.

Winfernal.9208

See a theme here?

sadly subtle sarcasm doesn’t always work through text without “/sarcasm”

True dat

Chickenshoes.6250

to OP:

How about I’m a lazy player who doesn’t want to be bothered with having to group with anybody or deal with a slight challenge of my skills? Now I can auto-attack a shiny world boss for guaranteed treshure.

Ursan.7846

to OP:

If it was the entire open world, I woulnd’t mind at all..

But it’s not. It’s specifically only for world events.

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

My only complaint about the new reward tables is that once again, Areanet didn’t account for the surge in population in one spot. The lag is horrible and the event’s themselves are even breaking. Claw of Jormag actually got to 5% after just one Ice Wall before it realized it should be flying again, then went invuln still on the ground for over a minute before starting the phase change, and when he landed at the other spot, he just knelt down until we killed it – no golem bombs, nothing.

As for making them more “challenging”, I’m sure that’s already on the list with the rest of the dungeon bosses.

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

- Complaint about lags/queues/culling etc : agreed
- Complaint about not challenging enough: agreed
- Complaint about loot : are you ****in kiddin me?

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Ursan.7846

When loot this incredibly good and guarenteed for something so easy? Yes, it’s bad. Your #2 is a part of it. If it was any difficult at all, I wouldn’t mind.

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

I think its awesome change, thats what GW2 was about to be, about open world not dungeons.
Last 2 days were best ever despite lag and all and i wish they put in many more bosses out there in the world.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

phaneo.4597

As I said, complain about the event not challenging enough – the title itself is misleading and the loot is just fine. It should do justice to casuals as much as it did to elitists and market manipulators all while long. The game was advertised as its for casuals as much as it is for hardcore players. Hardcore players have time to farm all day long, and do dungeons. Open world events are all that casuals can do in their limited time – and no way should the game punish them for being casual. As I said, this thread is ridiculous and must be closed before Anet nerfs drops again.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

It is difficult.

On a scale of 0-10 its a 1 … Meaning it has a challenge, you just dont feel it.

But keep complaining and they will bring back BW1 DE scaling where the mobs literally 1 shot everyone and have a billion health.

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

People will always go for the easiest route. No doubt about that. Is it bad that they improved the chest loots? No. Is it bad that world events now have people participating due to the 1 chest limit per character per day with a big chance for rares? No.

The problem however is that these events do not feel very dynamic at all because as others pointed out, it’s too easy. Why is it too easy? Because zergs make DE mechanics entirely pointless either by awful design wherein these mechanics are easily bypassed by mere standing in a “safe” spot autoattacking or other cheesy gimmicky tricks or the scaling for these world events is so poor.

There is no need to nerf the loot drops again just because you people complain that the rewards are too much for such easy peasy events. Rather solve the glaring issues at hand:

1) If these events have been “improved” mechanics and scaling wise, the loots in the chest at the end of the event will be worth it.

2) If these events have no kittening FIXED TIMERS, massive influx of people when the event is up will get reduced. It will not be entirely avoided since you cannot prevent people from AFKing as long as they want regardless of fixed or random timers for these events to pop up. But then again, they shall lose some due to the uncertainty of the events reoccurring, no? Also, it feels more DYNAMIC when you ain’t expecting these events to pop out. Heck, they might even mix things up a bit by doing away with some of the pre-events or providing other pre-events that lead to these popular world events. Like, in one time “the Shatterer just attacked a nearby village!” then in another, he’s being hunted down by the Vigil or some sort.

TLDR: Improve the encounters with zergs in mind. Nerfing loot tables again is not the solution. It will cause people to qq more and ragequit.

On the other hand, ecto prices are now plummeting. Good

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

(edited by Gallrvaghn.4921)

MikaHR.1978

When loot this incredibly good and guarenteed for something so easy? Yes, it’s bad. Your #2 is a part of it. If it was any difficult at all, I wouldn’t mind.

Dungeons and fractals are so easy that its not even worth mentioning.

By your logic nothing in GW2 should give good rewards.

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Regardless, COF P1 was the spot to go and unless you were a zerker warrior or mesmer, you generally weren’t asked for. If they removed these meta events, then what? Everyone gravitates back to COF P1. I really don’t see how this will make people not want to do dungeons. If you need gear or want dungeon gear looks, you will still need to do em. If you want ascended, you still will need to do em. If you want a legendary, you still will need to do em. And come on, you don’t think people will get bored of farming meta events all day everyday after like a week or 2?

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

MikaHR.1978

On the other hand, ecto prices are now plummeting. Good

Yes, 40s for ecto was waaaaaay to much, it just shows how good change it was No more dungeoneers cornering the market

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

to OP:

How about I’m a lazy player who doesn’t want to be bothered with having to group with anybody or deal with a slight challenge of my skills? Now I can auto-attack a shiny world boss for guaranteed treshure.

tell me what skill is needed to roll a warrior and stay in front of cof with “lfp” status…
Or opening a browser typing www.gw2lfg.com

Serious skill there.

You deserve to have the second highest income of the game….(first being market wars 2).

Oh well at least prepatch you could show your hude skill getting even more money at ORR with really hard events with your MF equip…… ._.

Shelter mission is sooo difficult people spent so much on repairs true?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Also will in effect allow more people to make exotics to try and make precursors to use AND sell which will put more on the market and lower the prices to something more affordable to the masses. I see it as a win/win for all!!

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I personally like it.

Ursan.7846

Dungeons and fractals are so easy that its not even worth mentioning.

By your logic nothing in GW2 should give good rewards.

Name me a dungeon which you could do in literally a minute. It’s not just ease, it’s the sheer lack of time required to complete these events. It really hit me how silly it was when I did Maw in under 3 minutes (The shaman himself lasted 20s) on my 3rd character, on my 3rd server. I just got 3 rares for 10 minutes of effort.

Posted by: jblade.6470

jblade.6470

Also will in effect allow more people to make exotics to try and make precursors to use AND sell which will put more on the market and lower the prices to something more affordable to the masses. I see it as a win/win for all!!

Yeah I’m seeing this as a good balance for the economy that was controlled by those who had the time to grind dungeons for ectos. Glad to see the market recovering so we can all work on our exotics which are supposed to be the stepping stones into endgame and getting ascended.

phaneo.4597

to OP:

tell me what skill is needed to roll a warrior and stay in front of cof with “lfp” status…
Or opening a browser typing www.gw2lfg.com

Serious skill there.

You deserve to have the second highest income of the game….(first being market wars 2).

Oh well at least prepatch you could show your hude skill getting even more money at ORR with really hard events with your MF equip…… ._.

Shelter mission is sooo difficult people spent so much on repairs true?

lol.

Those Orr events gave more than 2-3 rares and lots of T5,T6 mats and even exotics with zero effort. Nobody complained back then. Atleast now these chests give only one rare.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Ursan.7846

By the way, CoF path 1 is also pretty stupid for the amount of rewards it gives for the time it takes. Just for the record.

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

i’ve farmed dragons since the start it’s totally demoralising to farm 10+ dragons in a day and get no rares. Last night i did the 3 dragon got 5 rares, maw i got only a blue.
Jumped to guest server to check and didnt even get a chest.
What it did though was free up my time to do other things such as help my guildy with his story quest. So no leave it as it is as i can now spend my time actually doing a lot more fun things.

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

A huge btw here for people.

Large rewards for 0 effort, will eventually force the market into inflation. And people will complain about things being too expensive.

How so? As far as I know, ectos are now becoming cheaper and cheaper.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Why not make the events harder, rather than just nerfing the loot cause it’s too easy?

People have been nodding at Dragon / Meta-boss improvements for ages now.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Since this thread is not inviting to constructive and healthy discussion, it is now closed.

Thank you for your understanding.