Stuck on World Completion.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Ive done everything except for 1 waypoint in Timberline Falls, Thistle Reed which is always contested.
No events going on , no mobs attacking, only 1 NPC standing nearby who wont talk.
Is there any way to find out why a Waypoint is contested?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ok. I’m confused here. If you need it for map completion, why can’t you simply walk up to it?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Without going into too much detail, that waypoint got eaten by dragon, more or less. You can still do what Jafw says and walk up to it. It’ll ping for your completion. If it doesn’t, screenshot it (with your character camped out on it preferably) and send a nice message to support.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Ok. I’m confused here. If you need it for map completion, why can’t you simply walk up to it?

Like Just said, you need to walk up to it. Besides even if it wasn’t contested you cant teleport to it yet anyway as you need to unlock it for world complete lol….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Im standing on top of it.
Doesnt register as a waypoint, so still shows that I havnt found it.

Posted by: Necrotic.7820

Necrotic.7820

If you are on top of the location for the waypoint and it is still greyed out, then that would be a bug.

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

I just ran one of characters down there and got the Thistle Reed waypoint without any issues.

I’m not sure what the issue is here, mauried, but it’s apparently not a consistent, global bug.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Are you sure it is the wp you are missing?

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

isn’t the waypoint underground? or above?

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

Contested waypoints still count, there was that one in LA that was contested forever, didn’t stop people getting map complete in LA.

WP is above ground.
http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/img/map_pois/5196/Timberline_Falls_poi_Thistlereed_Waypoint_image_Gw2_1_2012_09_04_14_05_25_828.jpg/

Don’t remember that one being contested, maybe try swapping maps. Log out to the character select screen and choose to guest on a different world. Because of megaservers you may just end up on the same map.. but it’s worth a couple of tries.

Suspect, however, that if you’re stood on it that it’s not this WP that you’re missing.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

And you are 100% certain the waypoint you are mising isn’t the one south of the lake in the underground quaggan home? That gets missed a lot.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

If it shows as contested, then it means you have found it. It’s not that waypoint.

Can you provide us a screenshot of your map?

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Actually, there is something odd about it. It is currently contested and it is not showing as a normal WP. It is just a few bits of debris on the ground and no glow. Hard to say whether it is a bug or a plotline, but I can see why the OP cannot tag it.

@OP Suggest you leave it for a day or two and come back to see if it has changed.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Shoddy work by the maintenance krewe, Thistlereed Waypoint has been broken for ages and no repair worker in sight…

That’s what you get by contracting Asuras.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

If it shows to you as contested, then you’ve already got it. I think if you’re missing just a WP and nothing else from that map, it’s either in the underwater Quaggan cave, or in Scale Strand on the very east (as that area to uncover has only a WP associated with it).

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

If you zoom out on your map and hover over the waypoints on the left side of the map (the one that lists how many out of how many) it will flash on the map where the missing WP is. The one you’re trying to get isn’t the correct one, I assure you.

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Check all your maps again…. you’re missing something lol

Here this website will help ya → http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/interactive-maps/