Stuck?

Stuck?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Scythe.4153

Scythe.4153

So I am trying to decide between Warrior or Necromancer. I love up close very high damage and nice survivability; however, I love the Necromancers second life thing because you can survive longer and love to use dual daggers on necro. So if anyone could help me out here it would be gratefully appreciated.

And yes i have played both and like both, but only want to work on getting one to level 80.

Also I am more solo until end game then i like to group up in wvw and stuff. Heard that mesmers might be good, but I do not know

(edited by Scythe.4153)

Stuck?

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Never played Necro, but I LOVE warrior in PvE AND PvP. Enjoy them a lot more in sPvP tbh.

Stuck?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I love my Necromancer, and I really like light armor. I’m not much of a Warrior type, so I can’t really compare. At the end of the day, it can only be your choice, and nothing prevents you from leveling one and later, leveling another. (I have 2 level 80s, and a level 77, 68, and 50-something.) =)

Oh, and my Necromancer was the last character started leveling up; she spent the first 6 months in town just crafting. Turned out to be other main!

Stuck?

Scythe.4153

Lol thnx guys guess ill just do warrior for now trying to get something good for farming later as well

Stuck?

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

I have both a necro and warrior along with a thief, guardian, and I am working on an ele.

That said, I can’t stick to just one character for WvW pvp.

I used to use my warrior primarily for pvp but in recent months the zerg dynamics are changing. I see more mesmers, guardians, and eles in the groups than ever before and even necros seem to be rounding out the field in some cases depending on the group.

This makes my warrior much less fun to play if the zerg I am running with does not provide the supporting qualities I need to survive all the conditions and fields that are inevitably up front in melee range.

Recently I find I am running my guardian and necro more often to compensate for the survivability that is sometimes missing. If the group dynamic is suitable, sometimes I really like to use my thief above all as I have more options for avoiding damage and can distract some enemies from their objective or focus.

This week alone I have re-speced my warrior to entirely different builds utilizing the longbow more often than anything else. The main reason for this is because so many of our battles are taking place at choke points and without the extra range for the bow, I end up attacking clones and pets 90% of the time unless I want to stand in all those condition ripe puddles of annoyance.

Solo play is for my thief, roaming with a small group is necro all the way.

I just feel like my warrior is very hit or miss with situational play lately. I see far more GS sporting guardians than warriors in WvW, at least that is how it seems.

Stuck?

Scythe.4153

So could either Mesmer, Thief, Necro, or Warrior be great for solo farming end game?

Stuck?

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

So I am trying to decide between Warrior or Necromancer. I love up close very high damage and nice survivability; however, I love the Necromancers second life thing because you can survive longer and love to use dual daggers on necro. So if anyone could help me out here it would be gratefully appreciated.

And yes i have played both and like both, but only want to work on getting one to level 80.

Also I am more solo until end game then i like to group up in wvw and stuff. Heard that mesmers might be good, but I do not know

Why don’t you do both to level 80? It’s not hard to get to level 80 even if you only play 5 hours per week or 1 hour per month for example.

I have 6 level 80 for each classes with the remaining two still leveling.

Anyway, necro is nice to play less boring than warrior. And the minions make you into like a small army.

Stuck?

Scythe.4153

Hmm are necros pretty swell for farming at end game?

Stuck?

Posted by: Athaulf.1530

Athaulf.1530

Necros are probaly one of the most underestimated classes in GW2. They are very strong bordelining op if specced and played right

Stuck?

Scythe.4153

Aight thnx everyone now off to find a great dmg build with a necro