Study Finds: Elder Dragons Not Evil

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

Asuran Researchers Believe Dragons Grumpy, Misunderstood but not Evil
(Toonberg Press – LA, 13:45) Asuran Researchers from the College of Synergetics have released a detailed study which concludes that the Elder Dragons of Tyria are not evil after all. Instead, they appear to be both grumpy and misunderstood by the general public.

“Imagine you’ve been asleep for several millennia,” said lead researcher Bort, “You’re going to wake up a bit groggy and bumble around a bit.”

And it was the bumbling around part that caused the misunderstanding, Bort and Krewe claim. After years of detailed research and fact checking, they’ve managed to provide simple, logical explanations for all the perceived “evil” deeds of the Elder Dragons.

The Krewe examined samples from the Dragonbrand and found that Kralkatorrik went on a two week TexMex bender prior to hibernation. “Just imagine what 11,000 years and several tons of tequila and refried beans will do to your system!” exclaimed Bort.

And apparently, Zhaitan was just lonely and after awakening, he summoned all his Orrian pals up from the depths only to find they were all dead, so he fled to his lair where he was senselessly attacked by Tyrian “heroes.”

“Look,” explained Bort, “It wouldn’t be the first time Tyria’s finest got it wrong. Ever heard of Vizier Khilbron or Palawa Joko?”

Even Jormag appears to be innocent, in fact, Bort’s team isn’t even sure Jormag exists. Their research shows that Jormag’s tooth is actually an Inquest practical joke. “It’s a really fancy ice sculpture,” said Bort.

And Jormag’s supposed attack? “From what we can tell, that involved an Ale Moot and a series of suspicious looking rocks.” claimed Bort, “The real reason the Norn moved south was because of Wheat supply shortages.”

And the Krewe’s biggest piece of evidence? Common Sense. “You’re an all-powerful Elder Dragon hell-bent on consuming everything in your path, you wake up after 11,000 years of sleep, and you’re approach to destroying the world is to disappear?” asked Bort. “It seems to us they just want to be left alone.”

If you liked this article, see also:
Doctors concerned after man forges 250 great swords effortlessly but becomes exhausted after crafting one Lump of Mithrillium

Activists claim Tequatl mutation the result of illegal dumping of used Boxes o’ Fun

Investigators claim Charr Amour factory, Rawr Armours, the source of clipping issues after discovering Rawr used clips as raw material

Edit: Can’t change title… Elder Dragons, not Elder Dragon’s… oh well.

Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Pixels.6532)

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

+1000, well done!

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Seems like something appropriate for http://orrator.com/

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

LOL, this was a great read

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

The player base are the evil ones cause they kill them for loot…..Poor things hunted to extinction.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

oh wow! that was amazing

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Oenanthe.6549

Oenanthe.6549

The krewe might also want to do research into when the dragons should have been woken up. I know what I’m like if I get woken up early, it makes the dragons behaviour seem tame.

Oh and maybe we should also try applying large amounts of coffee to the dragons rather than killing them.

Brilliant read.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

lol great thread…

This one caught my eye: Activists claim Tequatl mutation the result of illegal dumping of used Boxes o’ Fun I have to check this out lol

ty for the fun

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Great thread!

Also, if they seem kitten ed…it might be because everytime they wake up they start having people attack them. You’d be pretty annoyed if you woke up and people started poking you with toothpicks.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I knew it all along and I have said as much before. Time to join the Dragons and centaurs and wipe you evil “good guys” out! Where do I sign up?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

What is evil in gw2? Everything is happy and ready for festivals, dragons as well

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Micah.8423

Micah.8423

Awesome. “Doctors concerned after man forges 250 great swords effortlessly but becomes exhausted after crafting one Lump of Mithrillium” … that part actually made me laugh the most.

Fancybottom is best bottom.

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

+1 good sir! .

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

Awesome, 10 Points to Griffendor!

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The player base are the evil ones cause they kill them for loot…..Poor things hunted to extinction.

Its like the game Monster hunter your a person who try to destroy what has been set for many 100eds years it should be called hunter the Monster!

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Another one of these threads? OP: Learn to use the search function. There are thousands of these witty, well thought out posts already. ArenaNet has to be super tired of these really good reads.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

How can you ever be tired of laughing and smiling? I no I won’t ever be, so you can’t get enough of such threads!

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

thanks guys, and thanks to whoever edited the title… ’preciate it!

Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

is this issued weekly? i’d love to see some more interesting Tyrian news xDD

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

So we have our own version of the onion now?

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Thanks for the great read!

Level 80 Elementalist