Stunlock issues.

Stunlock issues.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Strikerjolt.5910

Strikerjolt.5910

So, through out playing Guild Wars 2, and I need to mention something must be done about stunlocking in PvE. What I mean is if you have 5 Brute Risen on you, and they’re all smacking you with their hammers; you’re probably being knocked down 2-4 out of five mobs. This leaves us with an embarrassing moment of rounding up a group of mobs, for a big AoE damage, and you ended up getting knocked down until you die. Same thing for blinds, fears, immobilize, and other things. If you have more than one mob of the same type that has these type of abilities they shouldn’t be able to knock you down, and knock you down, and knock you down, or fear, fear, fear, fear in sync with each other.

I don’t mind this in Spvp, or WvW, but they really should add a Boon to your Player after he’s been feared/knocked/etc so he his no longer effected by such ability for the next 6 seconds. I say 6 seconds, because I feel like it’s need to be long enough in case if all the mobs happen to use their skill in a row. I know classes have skills that break them out of stuns, and holds, but that only works once. Then you have 2-3 other mobs that will wreck your Toon.

This isn’t really fair to the AoE type builds, and sure as hell isn’t fair to squishy classes running into a crowded area.

I think adding at the minimal 4 second Boon that negates all these type of effects.

Because I am tired of people bringing up. The argument. “You have blinds, stability, dodges. etc. etc” Please read this before you post that.

“With the spawn rates and enemy density in some of this game’s areas, it’s really not that hard to find yourself fighting more than two mobs, not counting DEs. With all the factors involved (reaction time, energy, spell effects, skill cooldowns and general chaos, etc), you’re just not going to dodge/break those every-single-time and when that happens, you lose control of your character and you have to literally lay there and watch the damage roll in and you are given no chance to get up, dodge and recuperate. It’s not a sin to say it could use some improvement. It happened to us several times today.”

And if this never happened to you.

here.

“So play perfectly every time and if you don’t and you end up getting chain CCed and killed, the problem is you and not bad game mechanics? O.K! Just like in real life, there are many awful things you might not experience but that doesn’t make those things a non issue.

(edited by Strikerjolt.5910)

Stunlock issues.

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Dodge the stuns and bring skills to break the ones you missed. Standing still and casting is a sure way to get yourself killed. If you’re not CONSTANTLY moving you’re playing the game wrong.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

It is Anet’s idea of a challenging end-game.

Get used to it…

I think of far more “Challenging” mechanics than stunlock, and if you’re going to sit there, and tell me an entire company full of people can’t think of new mechanics to challenge people. Then I am going to say that entire company needs to be fired.

Stunlock issues.

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

It is Anet’s idea of a challenging end-game.

Get used to it…

I think of far more “Challenging” mechanics than stunlock, and if you’re going to sit there, and tell me an entire company full of people can’t think of new mechanics to challenge people. Then I am going to say that entire company needs to be fired.

Naw, just the guy(s) in charge of the three Orrian areas

Seriously though, the sorry state of these maps have been brought up again and again by a lot of people, yours truly included. Time after time our complaints have fallen on deaf ears. I can’t recall a single one having a red reply to them.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

Dodge the stuns and bring skills to break the ones you missed. Standing still and casting is a sure way to get yourself killed. If you’re not CONSTANTLY moving you’re playing the game wrong.

I’m so tired of people like you.

I honestly want you to come on a low level character to where I just was, and drag around 8 mobs with you, and tell me you can survive that. You can’t survive getting knocked down, and than INSTANTLY get knocked down again. You can’t dodge that.

Yes I do use my dodge button, and yes I use my break stuns ulities. It’s still too much when you have more than at least 3 mobs, and sometimes it’s too much when you have two mobs. Those Bandit Bomb droppers are annoying, and don’t sit there, and tell me to. “Dodge”, because once the first bomber drops his bomb, I fall down. Then the second one does, and right when I get up I am back down again before I can even dodge.

^ That’s wrong

So please accept the fact this game has some design flaws. I know how to play, and I am very good at playing, but even I can admit that this design is flawed, and down right pathetic.

Stunlock issues.

Oglaf.1074

Try fighting a couple of those Risen with anchors that pull you to them.

Try fighting said Risen with the other type of Risen that push you away from them.

You’ll feel like the square in a game of Pong!

Do you even lift, bro?

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

Try fighting a couple of those Risen with anchors that pull you to them.

Try fighting said Risen with the other type of Risen that push you away from them.

You’ll feel like the square in a game of Pong!

Hence why I don’t go to Orr alone. :b.

I understand that Orr is suppose to be chaotic, and War. I like how Orr is a challenge alone, but as for lower level areas. There is no need for this type of gameplay.

There so many different mechanics that they can put into the game than enemies with high health pools, high damage, and stunlocks.

Also Venture did I mention that the Risen Carriers explode, and that put a ton of conditions on you, and they hit me for 1k damage? Yeah, please tell me how I suppose to dodge away from 3 mobs with knock down attacks, and one mob that just runs up, and explodes. I don’t care about the Carriers, and they’re pretty easy to dodge, but not when you’re being knocked down time, and time again.

Stunlock issues.

Oglaf.1074

It is no fun. That is my main gripe, it is no fun. Playing vidja games are supposed to be fun. In Orr, you might as well have a burly fellow named Bubba come in and snatch your keyboard from you for a couple of seconds every 10-15 seconds.

Do you even lift, bro?

Stunlock issues.

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

Ever played dota?

Ever heard of stun break>stability>blind>aegis>dodge?

Honesty, at least this game provides an answer to stun. Also Brute risen / abominations hav an obvious tell and timing.

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

I want games to be fun, and challenging, but I am tired of game companies taking the “easy” route when it comes to designing mobs, and dungeons.

“Let’s just make every mob hit really high, and have insanely large health pools, because actually thinking about game mechanics makes me head hurt”

Fractals is the only good dungeon in this game. They got it right, and I loved it.

Only if they fixed these mobs with stunlocks, and other issues.

Stunlock issues.

Oglaf.1074

Ever played dota?

Ever heard of stun break>stability?

Honesty, at least this game provides an answer to stun. Also Brute risen / abominations hav an obvious tell and timing.

Because all the Stability abilities can be used as frequently as the enemies spam CC, right?

Oh wait.

Stability-granting abilities have huuuuge cooldowns!

Do you even lift, bro?

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

Ever played dota?

Ever heard of stun break>stability>blind>aegis>dodge?

What Oglaf said.
You can only use CC breaks once ever 20, or so seconds. You’re in an area where you can get 3-4 mobs on you easily.

What then? Yeah I got two dodges, but it’s not like the knock downs, and fears have a flashy charge up that I can tell when they’re about to through down their CC ability.

Stunlock issues.

Posted by: Greekman.7215

Greekman.7215

Well to counter their endless stuns, kittenbacks, pulls, imobilizes, cripples (1 minute cripples from those undead gorillas are classy) just hard CC all but one of them. Oh wait…

Hmm I guess you can just invest in some hired mercenaries. Finding a group on these maps shouldn’t be hard…

Then again you can always get on an airship and hope you’re not spending 80% of the time flopping around like a fish while dragons poop on you.

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

Honestly it’s people like you, and Errant Venture that keep this game back.
You always say. “L2P NOOB”, or “USE YOUR SKILLS/DODGES!”
There plenty of cases where I can’t even Get the hell up, and dodge because the enemies 1. 2. 3. in sync smack me back down, and skills don’t work while your proned. (At least.. I don’t think they do?)

You’re okay with his type of lazy design, and I am not. There are plenty more ways to make a game challenging, and hard without stunlocking your players.

Stunlock issues.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

1)How and why did you aggro 8 mobs?
2)What class are you?
3)Did you ever bring skill that grant stability boon to you, and ever try to use it before first down?
4)Do your class get a trait slot that grant you extra defend or stability when being CCed? (like last stand of warrior…)

Anyway, did you actually study your class enough?

I actually rarely use stability skill but i don’t have your problem, since i pick my aggro carefully, if more then i can handle it is my own fault not the game. In dungeon i knew fear, knockback, knockdown, stun is coming, i tweak my skill if needed.

And how long has this game been released? How many player already been through this situation and how come none is complaining? I won’t say L2P, but you gotta do some homework on your class.

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

2)What class are you?
3)Did you ever bring skill that grant stability boon to you, and ever try to use it before first down?
4)Do your class get a trait slot that grant you extra defend or stability when being CCed? (like last stand of warrior…)

I actually rarely use stability skill but i don’t have your problem, since i pick my aggro carefully, if more then i can handle it is my own fault not the game. In dungeon i knew fear, knockback, knockdown, stun is coming, i tweak my skill if needed.

And how long has this game been released? How many player already been through this situation and how come none is complaining? I won’t say L2P, but you gotta do some homework on your class.

1)Some areas are just really crowed, and worse when DE happen
Also I pull a lot as a warrior, and if you’re going to tell me. “Fight one on one.” I’m going to tell you to go away. As a warrior we were meant to handle more than 2 mobs with over powered brute force. In fact at level 12 I could handle 13 mobs at once if I was doing it right. (Survived only due to vengeance!)
2)Warrior.
3)I can use only 40 seconds. That’s almost a full minute, and I have to wait to use it.
Which I find wrong, I shouldn’t have to rely on one skill to keep me alive, and than have it work only every other fight due to cooldown.
4)Last stand only works every 90 seconds. That’s over a minute of waiting, and I like I said before. I shouldn’t have to wait to fight my next mob.

As for complaining. I am just saying this is bad – Well I guess you’ll call it complaining.
But there’s nothing wrong with telling someone they made a bad choice in designing enemies, and then giving a way to fix it.

Not everyone is going to say. “Hey, This kinda silly. Can we please change this a little?”
And there are PLENTY of threads about of threads about the CC problems in Orr. So. I don’t know where you’re getting this. “I don’t see anyone else complaining”

They just get shot down, and the devs don’t answer them.
Because everyone is too busy going. “L2P NOOB!”, Or “YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR BUILD kitten #8221; instead of realizing this game design needs to be changed.

I don’t accept lazy mechanics, and stunlocking is an easy way to make things “Challenging”

Also. P.S.
I thought every build was suppose to be viable? :b.

Stunlock issues.

Orion the Cursed.1206

“Also Brute risen / abominations hav an obvious tell and timing.”

I also provided 5 options to prevent stun/knockdowns. Most mobs can be killed within 15 sec so they wont have a chance to CC more than twice. Wait for the visual cue. Most Brute risen / abominations are not concentrated in 1 location, you rarely have to face more than 2 at the same time.

“Which I find wrong, I shouldn’t have to rely on one skill to keep me alive, and than have it work only every other fight due to cooldown. "

You also dont have to fight every Brute risen / abominations but w/e. Bringing different skills for different situations are what makes this game interesting. In a recent disappointing arpg, 1 skill beats everything, Whirlwind. If that is more your pace…

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

I also provided 5 options to prevent stun/knockdowns. Most mobs can be killed within 15 sec so they wont have a chance to CC more than twice. Wait for the visual cue. Most Brute risen / abominations are not concentrated in 1 location, you rarely have to face more than 2 at the same time.

“Which I find wrong, I shouldn’t have to rely on one skill to keep me alive, and than have it work only every other fight due to cooldown. "

You also dont have to fight every Brute risen / abominations but w/e. Bringing different skills for different situations are what makes this game interesting. In a recent disappointing arpg, 1 skill beats everything, Whirlwind. If that is more your pace…

Nah, Whirlwind isn’t that bad now that can it be interrupted, and I honestly don’t know why they let that skill go for so long being that over powered. Same thing with Thieves steal whirlwind. xD That was so overpowered.

Anyways. Back on topic.
Dude, stop.
Stop trying to defend this game, and tell me that there are ways around it.
Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop.

A. I already know it, and do it.
B. I use my dodges.

When I go into zones where I know I can be knocked down a lot I switch my skills around, but that’s the thing.

1. I shouldn’t have to rely on a single skill to get around an obstacle. This idea is just silly, and terrible. Since Arenanet already stated that all character builds were suppose to be viable. Whatever argument you make against this is going to fall flat, because.

All. Builds. Are. Suppose. To. Be. Viable. In. All. Situations.
Now I am being a little unfair here, because there is no way to make all builds mirror each other, but there is no reason why anyone has to be so heavily dependent on one skill.

And there are plenty of areas where Brute Risens, and abominations are closed to each other. Would you like screen shots? They’re in a few areas, but those areas has hearts to complete which makes it more of a hassle.

Again. I am sick, and tired of people like you offering suggestions, and ways to combat the ridiculous CC issues in this game. News flash. Nobody goes to Orr due to the amount of CC mobs have there, and there have been plenty of posts about it.

Crowd Control in this game is an issue. Get over it.
I shouldn’t have to fight one, on one with an ele where an ele main leveling build is AoE focus. I shouldn’t have to fight 2 on 1 on a Warrior where is Hammer is an AoE attack. List goes, on, and on. Thieves short bows, Guardian’s staff. etc. etc.

And I honestly don’t get how you don’t understand.
When you have more than one enemy on you with CC it’s going to create problems if you don’t have enough skills to negate all of the effects. The only, only time I die on my warrior is when I am constantly CC to death to the point I can’t even stand up, and dodge.

To. The. Point. I. Am. Constantly. Getting. Knocked. Down. I. Can’t. Stand. Up.

Okay, let’s say I don’t take on 8 mobs at once.

Let’s say I take on two risen brutes by accident, because they happen to right next to other.

They run up, and I dodge away out of the first Risen’s knockdown strike. OH, *%#! I just rolled into a Risen Carrier that can explode, and do a little over 1k damage to me, and then place 4 conditions on me, and one of those conditions are poison. Better dodge out of the way! Okay so I can, and BAM I roll either into another Risen Carrier, or another Risen Brute. Now I have 3 brutes on me that can all CC me to death.

^ That actually happened imo. Not by me, but I seen some Guardian do that.

I don’t see how you don’t get that it’s an issue.
Because it is, and it’s worse on Orr.

Stunlock issues.

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

other then using stun break skills, the only other real answer is to play with friends to back you up…a lot of content isnt solo friendly.

Also Risen brutes are of the smallest issue as their CC ability has the longest wind up of all the mobs ive seen…and easiest to dodge.

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

other then using stun break skills, the only other real answer is to play with friends to back you up…a lot of content isnt solo friendly.

Also Risen brutes are of the smallest issue as their CC ability has the longest wind up of all the mobs ive seen…and easiest to dodge.

I really don’t see the difference between a brute’s wind up knock down, and they’re regular attack. Just because it’s a slower animation doesn’t mean I am always going to constantly catch it. It’s too normal looking, and when I am dealing with at least 2-3 mobs at once. It’s a little hard to keep track when you’re trying to target.

I’m not a hardcore gamer, and hence why I don’t play WvW a lot.

As for the friends things.

._. I wish I had friends. Lol, I’m just kidding. I know I can ask any of my guildies to come play with me, but if I need to go that far to play the game. They should just add mercenaries like in Guild Wars 1.

Stunlock issues.

Crossaber.8934

2)What class are you?

Also I pull a lot as a warrior, and if you’re going to tell me. “Fight one on one.” I’m going to tell you to go away. As a warrior we were meant to handle more than 2 mobs with over powered brute force. In fact at level 12 I could handle 13 mobs at once if I was doing it right. (Survived only due to vengeance!)
2)Warrior.
3)I can use only 40 seconds. That’s almost a full minute, and I have to wait to use it.
Which I find wrong, I shouldn’t have to rely on one skill to keep me alive, and than have it work only every other fight due to cooldown.
4)Last stand only works every 90 seconds. That’s over a minute of waiting, and I like I said before. I shouldn’t have to wait to fight my next mob.

As for complaining. I am just saying this is bad – Well I guess you’ll call it complaining.
But there’s nothing wrong with telling someone they made a bad choice in designing enemies, and then giving a way to fix it.

Not everyone is going to say. “Hey, This kinda silly. Can we please change this a little?”
And there are PLENTY of threads about of threads about the CC problems in Orr. So. I don’t know where you’re getting this. “I don’t see anyone else complaining”

Because everyone is too busy going. “L2P NOOB!”, Or "YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR BUILD kitten instead of realizing this game design needs to be changed.

I don’t accept lazy mechanics, and stunlocking is an easy way to make things “Challenging”

Great, warrior, and i tell you what, my main is a warrior.

And my only moment with this issue is my first time in kesses hill the risen roaming zone with the DE to kill 3 risen elites. I can draw 3~4 mobs and finish the DE by my own at lv32 (down scaled to lv26), all i do is save my endurance, use auto attack mostly and dodge when the risen “with hammer” is charging strength for a knockdown.

And since i found risen with hammer will do knockdown just to watch out for hammer risen already good enough, so what’s the problem then? I don’t even bring stability with me.

As warrior, try to trait for last stand, it activate stability after your first knockdown and prevent 2nd knockdown.

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

2)What class are you?

2)Warrior.

Because everyone is too busy going. “L2P NOOB!”, Or "YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR BUILD kitten instead of realizing this game design needs to be changed.

Great, warrior, and i tell you what, my main is a warrior.

And my only moment with this issue is my first time in kesses hill the risen roaming zone with the DE to kill 3 risen elites. I can draw 3~4 mobs and finish the DE by my own at lv32 (down scaled to lv26), all i do is save my endurance, use auto attack mostly and dodge when the risen “with hammer” is charging strength for a knockdown.

And since i found risen with hammer will do knockdown just to watch out for hammer risen already good enough, so what’s the problem then? I don’t even bring stability with me.

As warrior, try to trait for last stand, it activate stability after your first knockdown and prevent 2nd knockdown.

:b I specing for last stand, but even still.
Other classes will have issues with this far greater then warriors.

I am not complaining how hard it is for me to do this, because honestly it’s not.
I’m bringing this up, because I know for other classes it will be a lot harder to manage, and I don’t want this to continue with future game updates/addons where all they do is make lazy mechanics instead of giving us a real challenge.

Stunlock issues.

Crossaber.8934

Nah, Whirlwind isn’t that bad now that can it be interrupted, and I honestly don’t know why they let that skill go for so long being that over powered. Same thing with Thieves steal whirlwind. xD That was so overpowered.

Anyways. Back on topic.
Dude, stop.
Stop trying to defend this game, and tell me that there are ways around it.
Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop.

A. I already know it, and do it.
B. I use my dodges.

When I go into zones where I know I can be knocked down a lot I switch my skills around, but that’s the thing.

1. I shouldn’t have to rely on a single skill to get around an obstacle. This idea is just silly, and terrible. Since Arenanet already stated that all character builds were suppose to be viable. Whatever argument you make against this is going to fall flat, because.

All. Builds. Are. Suppose. To. Be. Viable. In. All. Situations.
Now I am being a little unfair here, because there is no way to make all builds mirror each other, but there is no reason why anyone has to be so heavily dependent on one skill.

And there are plenty of areas where Brute Risens, and abominations are closed to each other. Would you like screen shots? They’re in a few areas, but those areas has hearts to complete which makes it more of a hassle.

Again. I am sick, and tired of people like you offering suggestions, and ways to combat the ridiculous CC issues in this game. News flash. Nobody goes to Orr due to the amount of CC mobs have there, and there have been plenty of posts about it.

Crowd Control in this game is an issue. Get over it.
I shouldn’t have to fight one, on one with an ele where an ele main leveling build is AoE focus. I shouldn’t have to fight 2 on 1 on a Warrior where is Hammer is an AoE attack. List goes, on, and on. Thieves short bows, Guardian’s staff. etc. etc.

And I honestly don’t get how you don’t understand.
When you have more than one enemy on you with CC it’s going to create problems if you don’t have enough skills to negate all of the effects. The only, only time I die on my warrior is when I am constantly CC to death to the point I can’t even stand up, and dodge.

To. The. Point. I. Am. Constantly. Getting. Knocked. Down. I. Can’t. Stand. Up.

Okay, let’s say I don’t take on 8 mobs at once.

Let’s say I take on two risen brutes by accident, because they happen to right next to other.

They run up, and I dodge away out of the first Risen’s knockdown strike. OH, *%#! I just rolled into a Risen Carrier that can explode, and do a little over 1k damage to me, and then place 4 conditions on me, and one of those conditions are poison. Better dodge out of the way! Okay so I can, and BAM I roll either into another Risen Carrier, or another Risen Brute. Now I have 3 brutes on me that can all CC me to death.

^ That actually happened imo. Not by me, but I seen some Guardian do that.

I don’t see how you don’t get that it’s an issue.
Because it is, and it’s worse on Orr.

ic, that’s your problem, i never ran into this, never got knock down and knock down and knock down…. dead, not even once, i don’t think Anet is to blame.

Practice make perfect, play more pal, you will get better.

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

[/quote]

ic, that’s your problem, i never ran into this, never got knock down and knock down and knock down…. dead, not even once, i don’t think Anet is to blame.

Practice make perfect, play more pal, you will get better.

[/quote]

sigh So. Tired.

If you never had this problem then please roll a Thief/ele, and go to Orr, and solo it.
Also I want you to video tape that, because I will not believe you otherwise.

Stunlock issues.

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

With the spawn rates and enemy density in some of this game’s areas, it’s really not that hard to find yourself fighting more than two mobs, not counting DEs. With all the factors involved (reaction time, energy, spell effects, skill cooldowns and general chaos, etc), you’re just not going to dodge/break those every-single-time and when that happens, you lose control of your character and you have to literally lay there and watch the damage roll in and you are given no chance to get up, dodge and recuperate. It’s not a sin to say it could use some improvement. It happened to us several times today.

Whispers with meat.

Stunlock issues.

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

The problem is that the AI is really simplistic. Instead of being somewhat random and making dealing with monsters more reactionary-based, they always use abilities at certain times which makes them memory-based. One consequence of that is a mob using the same ability at once to stun-lock you and kill you.

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

With the spawn rates and enemy density in some of this game’s areas, it’s really not that hard to find yourself fighting more than two mobs, not counting DEs. With all the factors involved (reaction time, energy, spell effects, skill cooldowns and general chaos, etc), you’re just not going to dodge/break those every-single-time and when that happens, you lose control of your character and you have to literally lay there and watch the damage roll in and you are given no chance to get up, dodge and recuperate. It’s not a sin to say it could use some improvement. It happened to us several times today.

This. This game will never be fixed if people can’t accept that it can be improved in some areas. Just because a “few” people care to admit it, or voice their opinions about it.
Doesn’t make them a “Bad Player” which seems like most of the majority thinks that people who complain the gaming be too hard thinks they need to play better.

I remember doing AC for the first, and 7 out 9 groups I did in one night. We always gave up, because it was just too hard for zero effort. Yeah, some people probably got lucky, and had extremely good players with them.

But as a new comer to this game. (I played since launch!) and doing AC 9 times, and failing 7 times out of 9. That’s a sign of a flawed dungeon. But everyone keeps saying. “Player better.” “Do this” “Use this skill instead of that” “do that”

No. I don’t want to use your build. I want to play my way, and that’s what I am entitle to, and that’s what Arenanet based Guild Wars 2 around.

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

Dodge exists. Use it unless you’re too braindead to, in which case I can’t help you.

This is what I am talking about.
This ignorant behavior really needs to stop, because I can flip on my fraps recorder, and show you exactly what I am doing, and I am using dodge/my skills.

You can also. Dodge at the wrong time. Wasting a dodge. You can use your skill at the wrong time as well. If you think something is going to happen you’re going to avoid it. Then that skill/endurance becomes wasted.

Not to mention you can dodge into another enemy..

And don’t sit there, and say.

“I NEVER DODGE INCORRECTLY!”
Get out, because you’re not perfect.

Stunlock issues.

Orion the Cursed.1206

I’m defending the game because i believe in this aspect, they did a good enough job.

Stun is always horribly OP in every game, but having stun breaks/ temporary resists pushes the game towards a more skilled based approach. It deters Pay-to-win players.

I’m always open to suggestions to improve the game however.

My preference is…

Certain. Builds. Are. Viable. In. Certain. Situations.

over…

All. Builds. Are. Viable. In. All. Situations.

“No. I don’t want to use your build. I want to play my way, and that’s what I am entitle to, and that’s what Arenanet based Guild Wars 2 around.”

You are also not forced to fight risen brutes.

PS: i was talking about Diablo3 where a single build+class dominates

Stunlock issues.

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Dodge exists. Use it unless you’re too braindead to, in which case I can’t help you.

This ignorant behavior really needs to stop, because I can flip on my fraps recorder, and show you exactly what I am doing, and I am using dodge/my skills.

You can also. Dodge at the wrong time. Wasting a dodge. You can use your skill at the wrong time as well. If you think something is going to happen you’re going to avoid it. Then that skill/endurance becomes wasted.

So basically what you’re saying is that you have encountered a mechanic blatantly designed to (attempt to, what the kitten anet it’s not fun or difficult just irritating) increase player skill by preventing you from facetank AoE’ing groups of mobs/requiring you to watch positioning, and instead of doing anything to counter it you have instead just gone to the forums and DEMANDED that they make the game more ezmode? You’re hardly perfect yourself.

-Stunbreaks
-Stability
-Blinds
-Dodges
-Focus Fire
-Avoiding knockdown mobs

Take your pick.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

I’m defending the game because i believe in this aspect, they did a good enough job.

Stun is always horribly OP in every game, but having stun breaks/ temporary resists pushes the game towards a more skilled based approach. It deters Pay-to-win players.

I’m always open to suggestions to improve the game however.

My preference is…

Certain. Builds. Are. Viable. In. Certain. Situations.

over…

All. Builds. Are. Viable. In. All. Situations.

“No. I don’t want to use your build. I want to play my way, and that’s what I am entitle to, and that’s what Arenanet based Guild Wars 2 around.”

You are also not forced to fight risen brutes.

PS: i was talking about Diablo3 where a single build+class dominates

You really should read what Gennyt wrote. Just in case if you didn’t

“With the spawn rates and enemy density in some of this game’s areas, it’s really not that hard to find yourself fighting more than two mobs, not counting DEs. With all the factors involved (reaction time, energy, spell effects, skill cooldowns and general chaos, etc), you’re just not going to dodge/break those every-single-time and when that happens, you lose control of your character and you have to literally lay there and watch the damage roll in and you are given no chance to get up, dodge and recuperate. It’s not a sin to say it could use some improvement. It happened to us several times today.”

There. I’ll even point out the the exact quote that describes what I am trying to say.

“With all the factors involved (reaction time, energy, spell effects, skill cooldowns and general chaos, etc), you’re just not going to dodge/break those every-single-time and when that happens, you lose control of your character and you have to literally lay there and watch the damage roll in and you are given no chance to get up, dodge and recuperate. "

Just because I didn’t dodge at the right time, or pop my skill at the right time doesn’t mean I should be stun locked in a circle that I can’t even get back up to dodge the next knockdown/fear/stun/whatever.

Also… Then you haven’t played real difficult games then if you think this design is good. This design is horrible, and it’s horrible to the point no one goes to Orr anymore unless they’re going for the zerg, or they have 5 man team farming.

Why? Because of the CC problems this games has. You’re defending a mechanic that is harming the game. Good job on that one. Don’t believe me? There’s countless post on how the end game is dead, and countless post on how the CC in Orr is completely overpowered. There is another called. “What the Orr…” that’s discussing the problems of CC, and Orr.

Ever since the addition of Fractals it made Orr even worse than what it was.

Overpowered stun locking is. not. good. game. design. I think of a few dozens ways to improve the challenge of this game, and the first thing i’ll do is get rid of Mobs being able to stun lock you until they beat you to death. There are plenty more ways to make things interesting.

It also sounds like you never been to Orr by yourself, and tried to solo it.
So from now on unless you proven to me that you’ve been to Orr by yourself, and tried to farm for mats, or whatever. I’m not going to bother to respond to you.

Because even our best player in our Guild, and my guild is rank 2 on our server.
Will not go to Orr alone when he farms mats.

Again you’re defending a mechanic that is harming the game.

There is nothing wrong with tweaking it a little better, so you’re not allowed to get stun locked in PvE. There. Nothing. Wrong. With. That.

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

So basically what you’re saying is that you have encountered a mechanic blatantly designed to (attempt to, what the kitten anet it’s not fun or difficult just irritating) increase player skill by preventing you from facetank AoE’ing groups of mobs/requiring you to watch positioning, and instead of doing anything to counter it you have instead just gone to the forums and DEMANDED that they make the game more ezmode? You’re hardly perfect yourself.

-Stunbreaks
-Stability
-Blinds
-Dodges
-Focus Fire
-Avoiding knockdown mobs

Take your pick.

“With all the factors involved (reaction time, energy, spell effects, skill cooldowns and general chaos, etc), you’re just not going to dodge/break those every-single-time and when that happens, you lose control of your character and you have to literally lay there and watch the damage roll in and you are given no chance to get up, dodge and recuperate. "

This paragraph. Just because I miss one blind, or miss a dodge. Whatever the case may be shouldn’t mean I should be in a loop where all the enemies knock me down one after another.

Stunlock issues.

gennyt.3428

So play perfectly every time and if you don’t and you end up getting chain CCed and killed, the problem is you and not bad game mechanics? O.K! Just like in real life, there are many awful things you might not experience but that doesn’t make those things a non issue.

Whispers with meat.

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

So play perfectly every time and if you don’t and you end up getting chain CCed and killed, the problem is you and not bad game mechanics? O.K! Just like in real life, there are many awful things you might not experience but that doesn’t make those things a non issue.

I honestly think that people don’t even bother reading the full thread, and they just post after reading the OP message.
So whatever we try to say against the chain CC problem will go unheard, but I’ll probably use your paragraphs, and mine to combine another thread later down the road when I feel like bring this up again.

Stunlock issues.

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Yeah, people have been griping about this since day one. Unless you have some kind of stability, you are a bit stuck.

I suppose it makes a weird sort-of sense. If you wander into a den of huge scary monsters…there’s a legitimate chance you’re not coming out alive, no matter what.

Stunlock issues.

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

I gotta say, Ive herd of this problem a lot from people. So I am sure it a problem thats needs to be fix.

I’m my self a bunker mez and never had this problem with over 900hrs on it.

I find Orr way to easy to solo, I solo a lot of the de in it with no problem as well.

Like the one where they trying to take over arah and yu gotta defend the gate.

However when I got someone with me, I notice a lot how they getting own and I gotta keep saving their kitten #8217;s.

Now I may be wrong, but my take on this is. Orr is not design to be glass cannon friendly, which Ive notice more then half of the players Ive meet are all glass cannons or close to being one with just a bit of def.

However, being a bunker build makes Orr really easy.

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

I gotta say, Ive herd of this problem a lot from people. So I am sure it a problem thats needs to be fix.

I’m my self a bunker mez and never had this problem with over 900hrs on it.

I find Orr way to easy to solo, I solo a lot of the de in it with no problem as well.

Like the one where they trying to take over arah and yu gotta defend the gate.

However when I got someone with me, I notice a lot how they getting own and I gotta keep saving their kitten s.

Now I may be wrong, but my take on this is. Orr is not design to be glass cannon friendly, which Ive notice more then half of the players Ive meet are all glass cannons or close to being one with just a bit of def.

However, being a bunker build makes Orr really easy.

Mesmer also have Illusions that help distract the Enemy.
Ever fight a Thief one on one in Spvp, and they pop their elite Thieve’s Guild?
It completely destroys every bunker build. There’s no surviving that skill, and if you do that thief is complete Kitten.

Anyways. You’re probably the first player to say they find Orr easy to solo.
I also believe, because you don’t sound like a ignorant jerk.

But I don’t think you should have to respec for Orr alone. (I’m not saying you suggested that, but. I’m just talking) Because why can I go through the entire game a glass cannon, and then hit Orr. It’s completely useless?
I agree if you’re going to glass cannon you need to build some vit/toughness though.

Stunlock issues.

Orion the Cursed.1206

@Strikerjolt

I cant read everything because every1 is arguing with you.

Do you think its fair to make the assumption that i have never been to Orr, when I can predict when a brute will make a knockdown/stun swing? How many 100% explorations do you have? I have 2. 4 more on the way. I can think of worst situations than stun mobs. Please dont automatically assume you are smarter than everyone because they dont agree with you. Bomb Engineer pwns 6 risen. Shield+mace guardian pwns 4. Mesmer can decoy(stun-break) and run anytime.

How is the mechanic harming the game? All your are able to do is say “i dont want to bring any break-stuns so Anets fault” and “I dont want to learn so i shouldn’t have to”. While others adapt, you QQ and get left behind.

Stunlock issues.

gennyt.3428

I honestly think that people don’t even bother reading the full thread, and they just post after reading the OP message.
So whatever we try to say against the chain CC problem will go unheard, but I’ll probably use your paragraphs, and mine to combine another thread later down the road when I feel like bring this up again.

I was starting to wonder about that and I know there are others who have complained about this, I really would like this issue to be highlighted. For every action there is a reaction, one mistake shouldn’t open the flood gates for every other enemy to continue to deny you control over your character, you are no longer allowed to react. Overlapping knockdowns/stuns shouldn’t happen at all.

Whispers with meat.

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

@Strikerjolt

I cant read everything because every1 is arguing with you.

Do you think its fair to make the assumption that i have never been to Orr, when I can predict when a brute will make a knockdown/stun swing? How many 100% explorations do you have? I have 2. 4 more on the way. I can think of worst situations than stun mobs. Please dont automatically assume you are smarter than everyone because they dont agree with you. Bomb Engineer pwns 6 risen. Shield+mace guardian pwns 4. Mesmer can decoy(stun-break) and run anytime.

How is the mechanic harming the game? All your are able to do is say “i dont want to bring any break-stuns so Anets fault” and “I dont want to learn so i shouldn’t have to”. While others adapt, you QQ and get left behind.

Dude. All I am going to say.
(Ps. I was joking about the Orr thing. I know you wouldn’t know that, but way to get your panties in a bunch over it)

You can mess UP ONE TIME, and get CC chained to death.

That’s. Bad. Game. Design.

Also not everyone plays those ways so therefor not every body has those options. (Talking about the weapon sets)

Stunlock issues.

Crossaber.8934

To OP,

I have been very polite as much as possible with you, so please don’t defend yourself against THE only reason. I don’t wanna say that WORD. Here is the advise: “Practice to gain a major improvement”. Thats end of story.

Stunlock issues.

Posted by: Fox Mulder.6907

Fox Mulder.6907

I’ve also noticed interupts coming from monsters that never had them before.

As new content gets added it will become impossible to find groups of 5 for older content.

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

To OP,

I have been very polite as much as possible with you, so please don’t defend yourself against THE only reason. I don’t wanna say that WORD. Here is the advise: “Practice to gain a major improvement”. Thats end of story.

Again. But if you mess up once you have a chance of being CC chained to death.

Again. That’s WRONG.

I’m not QQing, because I don’t know how to play, and I need improvement.

This is a design flaw whether you want to admit it, or not.
Just because I dodge at the wrong time of the monster’s ability.
Shouldn’t mean every mob should CC chain me to death, because of one screw up.

^ Basically that. Again.

Stunlock issues.

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Im a necro. I pop spectral and say thanks for playing.

Stunlock issues.

Orion the Cursed.1206

“It also sounds like you never been to Orr by yourself, and tried to solo it.
So from now on unless you proven to me that you’ve been to Orr by yourself, and tried to farm for mats, or whatever. I’m not going to bother to respond to you.”

Does your statement sound like a joke? Dont feign ignorance.

Bring a “break-stun”. how do you even “mess UP ONE TIME” when you can press this anytime to release yourself. You need to face 4 knockdown foes (not regular foes) to actually stun-lock yourself and these guys all run slower than you. I’d say you deserve to die.

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

“It also sounds like you never been to Orr by yourself, and tried to solo it.
So from now on unless you proven to me that you’ve been to Orr by yourself, and tried to farm for mats, or whatever. I’m not going to bother to respond to you.”

Does your statement sound like a joke? Dont feign ignorance.

Bring a “break-stun”. how do you even “mess UP ONE TIME” when you can press this anytime to release yourself. You need to face 4 knockdown foes (not regular foes) to actually stun-lock yourself and these guys all run slower than you. I’d say you deserve to die.

I’m not. o: I’m just saying you don’t me, and you don’t know how I joke.

Anyways. “when you can press this anytime to release yourself. "
I asked this before when someone brought this up.
Can you use skills in a prone state?

Stunlock issues.

Orion the Cursed.1206

K, i will accept that. Do a wink face so ppl will understand please. And dont ask for proof in a joke.

“Can you use skills in a prone state?”
A: YES (if it has STUN BREAK). Thats what every1 is saying. You can use any break stun while stun,fear,knockdown(launch/pull),sink,etc… You can use remove conditions on immobilize.

(edited by Orion the Cursed.1206)

Stunlock issues.

Crossaber.8934

To OP,

Again. But if you mess up once you have a chance of being CC chained to death.

Again. That’s WRONG.

I’m not QQing, because I don’t know how to play, and I need improvement.

This is a design flaw whether you want to admit it, or not.
Just because I dodge at the wrong time of the monster’s ability.
Shouldn’t mean every mob should CC chain me to death, because of one screw up.

^ Basically that. Again.

1st) i don’t usually aggro 3+ mobs, i don’t intentional draw 3+ mobs and if i am in a hurry i will try to plan my route and draw as less attention as possible. If i did draw aggro i will kill them before i can’t handle

2nd) i got fear me whenever i am in deep trouble, it usually gain me enough time to stay out of trouble unless it is 1 hit kill from dungeon boss, i also love to use shield bash to interrupt troublesome foe

3rd) i usually able to whirlwind into foe’s back when they going to use knockdown skill

4th) i am able to accept the fact that i suck when i am fail to do the above or do it at a wrong timing, i deserve to the punishment

You don’t need to follow my instruction, only the 4th one you should, please.

Stunlock issues.

Strikerjolt.5910

K, i will accept that. Do a wink face so ppl will understand please. And dont ask for proof in a joke.

“Can you use skills in a prone state?”
A: YES (if it has STUN BREAK). Thats what every1 is saying. You can use any break stun while stun,fear,knockdown(launch/pull),sink,etc… You can use remove conditions on immobilize.

xD Oh, Well still. I still think getting CC to death is a stupid way to make your game “hard” when all it takes is using abilities to break that chain.

So therefor CC chaining is still completely stupid in more ways than 1.
1. You die if you don’t have a breaker.
2. If you have a breaker you don’t have to worry about it. (Assuming it grants stability afterwards)

So CC still remains a terrible design flaw. ._. How awesome is that.

Stunlock issues.

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Stop.

Stop standing still spamming 1. Use stun break in your utilities. Use blind/daze/etc from your weapon skills. Use dodge. You can simply walk circle strafe mobs to avoid their knockdowns, I do it all the time.

Stop blaming the game for the fact that you are a terribad 5-signet type player who doesn’t use all your abilities and doesn’t know how to dodge or move out of the way of telescoped 2-second long melee attacks.

The mobs in this game are not just immobile 1-pressing sprites waiting to be farmed, PVE is more fun for having mobs be actually quite vicious especially in numbers.