Stupid meta bullies ppl

Stupid meta bullies ppl

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Halan.7931

Halan.7931

However, there are two problems with that idea: (1) convincing ANet, who don’t want to split the player base and who have done slightly more than nothing with the launch dungeons over 2.5 years; and (2) reward jealousy.

(3) There’re also pseudo-elitists, playing at low skill level, yet with great demands about how other’s play. At least, I’ve seen them in WoW.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I ran a whole weekend of SE with warrior pvt mace and shield. No one commented or kicked me. In fact everyone was remarkably tolerant and friendly. This was against the grain of expectation, but the difference from previous attempts was paying attention to what the lfg groups are after and ensuring tactics are followed. After that, i could have been an axe wielding apothecary necro for all anyone cared…

I agree the zerk thing can be annoying, but its a symptom of poor dungeon design and prob why no dungeons have appeared since TA valiantly tried and failed to recitfy that

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Tasida.4085

Tasida.4085

And to think people are still mewling for a comeback of the curseable trinity. There’d be real exclusions then. We only want healer, we only want tank etc etc. No TY. As suggested just make your own groups. GAME ON

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Jockum.1385

Jockum.1385

2011 Anet: There will be no trinity and we are introducing downscaling so you can help your friends in dungeons.
Expectations: Dungeon run 2/5.
Reality: lvl 80, zerk, 5k+ AP, exp only, fast run, no noobs, no necro, no ranger, ele only, guard only…

What did you expect? No trinity: only dps matters.
Even trinity games are maximising their damage by reducing the amount of healers or tanks.

Since Anet failed to introduce new dungeons more and more players did dungeonpaths very often, get better and start to be more picky. After having done a dungeon like 100 times many players just want to finish the dungeon quick and are not willing to spend more time then necessary in it.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Yeah I’m guessing there is more to the story as I have run all weapon types on my zerk ele including zerk D/D for funsies in meta groups (its actually not that bad if you’re good, you can stack might only slightly worse than scepter, you have decent heal, and a really good auto attack.)

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Ellye.9123

Ellye.9123

Since Anet failed to introduce new dungeons more and more players did dungeonpaths very often, get better and start to be more picky. After having done a dungeon like 100 times many players just want to finish the dungeon quick and are not willing to spend more time then necessary in it.

At that point I always wonder why people even bother still playing at all.
If my mentality in a game ever gets to a point like: “I just want to get this over with as fast as possible”, I’d question whether I was even really enjoying my time with the game. This is supposed to be entertainment, not work.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m just talking about myself specifically. Different people have different tastes.

Anyway, I tend to enjoy joining parties for people doing dungeons for their 1st time. They are the most enjoyable and fun parties, for me.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

One way to solve the problems is to limit the kick function to AFKers and shorten the AFK grace period for dungeons. If people don’t like the party they can leave

I’ve been kicked from my own party which I had advertise as non meta by a group of aholes wanting zerker on several occasions. That is why they only time I will pick up a pug is when I have 2 more guildies with me.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: ThyShadowPaladin.9521

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

If my mentality in a game ever gets to a point like: “I just want to get this over with as fast as possible”, I’d question whether I was even really enjoying my time with the game. This is supposed to be entertainment, not work.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m just talking about myself specifically. Different people have different tastes.

Anyway, I tend to enjoy joining parties for people doing dungeons for their 1st time. They are the most enjoyable and fun parties, for me.

Because some people have higher goals like legendaries, or rare skins. Playing casually and taking 30 mins to complete simple content which they can do in 5-7 mins won’t get them there any sooner.

If anyone wants to bring up grinding vs “fun”, let me tell you. GW2 is nowhere NEAR as much a grind for ANYTHING compared alot of other games. We have it easy.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Ellye.9123

Ellye.9123

If anyone wants to bring up grinding vs “fun”, let me tell you. GW2 is nowhere NEAR as much a grind for ANYTHING compared alot of other games. We have it easy.

Oh, I won’t disasgree at all.

Even playing casually like I do, I still manage to get some of the more “grindy” stuff from GW2 – something that just wouldn’t happen in many other games.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Simpliest solution is to implement filters in the LFG tool but this probably never going to happen because someone is too worried about “splitting the community”.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Simpliest solution is to implement filters in the LFG tool but this probably never going to happen because someone is too worried about “splitting the community”.

The thing is, the community is already split.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Joining a party and someone “not reading the LFG” is not an excuse for verbal abuse.

Joining a party without reading the LFG is a form of abuse.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: DakotaCoty.5721

DakotaCoty.5721

Joining a party and someone “not reading the LFG” is not an excuse for verbal abuse.

If I’m playing with meta players, I never see any of them insulting someone, we just simply kick them and wait for them to start abusing us.

I also agree with what this guy said – if we post for meta/zerk/speed/exp and you join as a D/D ele or a necro / ranger, expect to be kicked. I see the kicked being abusive more so than the meta players.

[CG {EU} – Leader] Leading farm guild~193 cRanger~
https://www.twitch.tv/dakotacoty
https://www.facebook.com/RealDakotaCoty/

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

I usually dub it as Meh-ta (aka the build for people who don’t know how to play otherwise) but whatever.

Best advice is to start your own group, whoever doesn’t like your class or play style is free to leave.

Personally I main a guard and ranger, while 2 of my friends play necro almost 90% of the time. Sometimes it takes a while for us to get 2 more people but mostly it fills up quickly and dps is great too.

I never join meh-ta groups myself even when I’m playing guard, joining a free for all group is much better as I know I’m playing with people not robots.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

If I’m playing with meta players, I never see any of them insulting someone, we just simply kick them and wait for them to start abusing us.

I also agree with what this guy said – if we post for meta/zerk/speed/exp and you join as a D/D ele or a necro / ranger, expect to be kicked. I see the kicked being abusive more so than the meta players.

That makes you a bad person.

If you ask for zerk, you get zerk and nothing else.
If you post meta – you get meta builds not always zerk
If you post speed you can get Pvt people who skip cutscenes
if you post exp, you get everyone.

if you post meta/zerk/speed/exp +5K AP for AC you are going to get trolled by people sick of your kitten plaguing the pug groups.

You don’t get to just ban classes regardless of LFG entry. Its why zerk pugs are seen as people of questionable character.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well having a high level party makes for less time where fails can manifest….

thats one of the reasons why zerk meta seems popular… less times needed to kill, less attacks which need to be dodged, less chance to drop/die…

IMHO speedruns and l80 EXP have a higher skillcap, and ask for more creativity to bring to an succesfull end. speedruns cause they have a zero tolerance for error and l80 experience due to the extreme variety and the possible builds you are likelily to bring along…

Of course I still carrry nomad bunkers now and then and I block them

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Its simple. Dont join metazerk parties if you dont run meta builds.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The thing is, the community is already split.

I know that but it isn’t going to stop it from being used as an argument.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

looks like we need some…

Attachments:

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

if you post meta/zerk/speed/exp +5K AP for AC you are going to get trolled by people sick of your kitten plaguing the pug groups.

You don’t get to just ban classes regardless of LFG entry. Its why zerk pugs are seen as people of questionable character.

You also get joined by players who do not read the LFG (they don’t see it’s one or the other, because they didn’t read). You get joined by the jerks who try to force meta/zerk/whatever players to conform to their playstyle (after complaining that they try to do the same, the hypocrites).

The reverse also happens. Players who post casual, anyone welcome, etc also get joined by players who don’t read the LFG, and meta/zerk/whatever jerks who try to force the group to play their way.

The problem with LFG descriptions is not everyone means the same thing.

Player A could post “P1 Lvl 80 exp” and mean that you’ve done the dungeon enough times to know the mechanics and not continuously die or need them explained. And known any relevant strategies. And not care what build or trait set up you’ve got.

Player B could post “P1 Lvl 80 exp” and mean that you’ve done the dungeon enough times to know the mechanics and what the meta build is. And he expects you to follow it or be darn close to it. Because if you were experienced and had read/watched videos, you would know what the meta for that dungeon is.

And some people may mean zerk when they say meta.

Unfortunately, it will be next to impossible to get the description based LFG’s to start using uniform meanings for things. Only if ANet adds in things that would act as filters that would be things you would have to select from a list to add to what you’re looking for.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

You also get joined by players who do not read the LFG (they don’t see it’s one or the other, because they didn’t read). You get joined by the jerks who try to force meta/zerk/whatever players to conform to their playstyle (after complaining that they try to do the same, the hypocrites).

The reverse also happens. Players who post casual, anyone welcome, etc also get joined by players who don’t read the LFG, and meta/zerk/whatever jerks who try to force the group to play their way.

Player A could post “P1 Lvl 80 exp” and mean that you’ve done the dungeon enough times to know the mechanics and not continuously die or need them explained. And known any relevant strategies. And not care what build or trait set up you’ve got.

Player B could post “P1 Lvl 80 exp” and mean that you’ve done the dungeon enough times to know the mechanics and what the meta build is. And he expects you to follow it or be darn close to it. Because if you were experienced and had read/watched videos, you would know what the meta for that dungeon is.

Unfortunately, it will be next to impossible to get the description based LFG’s to start using uniform meanings for things. Only if ANet adds in things that would act as filters that would be things you would have to select from a list to add to what you’re looking for.

I’d say player A would expect the right thing : l80 EXP
I’d say the player B should ask for: l80 Zerk Meta or Speedrun (if he thinks the meta is for the dungeon Zerk Meta, if he knows what the meta is per boss: Speedrun.)

In both cases I’d expect builds which would be tuned for DPS.

I also have friends who run dungeons in WvW builds, they are a well balanced team as well, except: they do not care for ferocity that much, have a base of 2300-2800 Armor. They generally faceroll dungeon but are 20-50 % slower then meta zerk. They do not die. if something fails they just try it differently. they do need more hits, but running and support is normal. they ask for l80 or l80 casual exp

In the end… well most builds are viable, some are quicker, and Zerk Meta isn’t the quickest

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Eggshells.1748

Eggshells.1748

I just wonder would it help if we removed stats from weapons

Stats on a weapon has nothing to do with them wanting you to play as a staff Ele rather than a D/D Ele..

It’s the skills the weapons give.

As other have advised you can always start your own group with the LFG system.
Or join a guild!

I play as a Necromancer. I haven’t been kicked out of a group/fractal yet and they’re considered bottom tier..

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I’d say player A would expect the right thing : l80 EXP
I’d say the player B should ask for: l80 Zerk Meta or Speedrun

In both cases I’d expect builds which would be tuned for DPS. I have friends who run dungeons in WvW builds, they are a well balanced team as well, except: they do not care for ferocity that much, have a base of 2300-2800 Armor. They generally faceroll dungeon but are 20-50 % slower then meta zerk. They do not die. if something fails they just try it differently. they do need more hits, but running and support is normal.

In the end… well most builds are viable, some are quicker, and Zerk Meta isn’t the quickest

They definitely should be more descriptive in their LFG. But assuming they’ve been fully descriptive also leads to conflicts and possibly someone getting kicked.

I’d probably say that the Zerk Meta is probably fastest for PUGs since you can’t really expect to fully coordinate with a full PUG.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

When 8 out of the last 10 pugs with a LFG message of “not a speedrun” leads to the players quitting because several paused to watch the cut scene or get booted by the meta majority who joined up anyways for slowing the group down then it seems like it’s not a minority who are griefing the non-metas.

At least my guild runs relaxed dungeon runs but the majority of them are in a different time zone so getting together during the week is tough so I resort to starting pugs but to no avail.

I have seen plenty of non meta players complain about others watching cutscenes. That ls not a meta vs non issue. Its been a common thing in every game Ive played.

And if 32 people (8 pug groups not counting yourself) represent any form of majority in GW2 then the game might as well shut down.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I play as a DD else because the play style fits me really well. but as the game is now if u join a team for dungeons they want only zerker.
Here is the thing today every one should run a specific build so you don’t get kicked or bullied when joining a team. its only the meta that is accepted. right now that say that a-net should remove serene stuff from the game cause you are just not accepted as a player if u run the “wrong” set.
i think a net need to fix this, cause the game was not build to stacking in a corner to kill a boss in 5 sec.
Kicking and yelling at ppl just because they don’t use the right weapon or sigils as i was bullied for. (just to try experimenting) This shouldn’t be okej.

I really like to play my DD byt today i risk getting a kik just for showing my character in a team.

I just wonder would it help if we removed stats from weapons and only use them on armor so we can play with something else than the meta staff, or if its wand focus now? Cause as the game is today i been called loots of evil words just for playing daggers and then kicked without getting a chance to show ppl that i can play. and often better than many ppl that complains some times.

We never get a chance and that need to change.

No. You are trying to force people who want to play a certain way to accept you even though they don’t want to.
There is nothing wrong with that.
Find people that enjoy having a D/D ele in their party and you’ve solved your problem.

Don’t expect meta players to play with you if you’re non-meta and don’t intend to farm.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I’m thankful that I’m in a guild that’s filled with supportive people that are ok with me bringing my necromancer to their dungeon tours.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Players I run into:
1. High deeps players who don’t die and could solo the dungeon.
2. High deeps players who don’t die but can’t solo the dungeon.
3. High deeps players who die all the time unless everyone is playing max deeps.
4. Mid deeps players who don’t die and could solo the dungeon.
5. Mid deeps players who don’t die but can’t solo dungeon.
6. Mid deeps players who die all the time unless the boss dies fast.
7. Low deeps players who don’t die and could solo the dungeon.
8. Low deeps players who don’t die and couldn’t solo the dungeon.
9. Low deeps player who die all the time and are basically a drain to the party.

Meta bullies are almost exclusively #3. They are noobs, but pretend they aren’t cause they have zerker gear. 1s and 2s are the kind of people willing to carry 6s, 8s, and 9s. I met someone who normally solos arah but was puging because that is more of a challenge. He was a bit elitist and meta, but he was still fun to play with because he wasn’t shouting at people.

More and more people are falling into the #1 category which makes puging very pleasant.

My war is full Zoja’s, but I don’t like the zerker meta, so I use her to climb fractals. Easy content like dungeons, I’ll bring my 4s, (odd thing to censor?) 5s, and 8s.

I fall somewhere between 2-3 and as infuriating as dying multiple times because dps is low is, what makes me blow up is when they have low dps and they dont listen to advice. When I join a non meta party I dont expect them to be full zerk but I’d like them to follow advice coming from 2+ years of dungeon experience. When I think they have a chance of clearing the dungeon I try to channel my irritation into constructive criticism, when I believe they dont (extremely rare) I just ditch the group no need to kick anyone at that point ( I can 2 man several dungeons and when 4 ppl dont add up to what a single person can do its hopeless).

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Oh? Why CAN’T I ban classes based on my LFG entry? Why are YOU entitled to come and ruin MY experience and the experience of others who want to play my way by not reading the LFG?

This is why non-reading leeches are seen as people of questionable character.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

For most players it’s either “how many dungeons can I finish during the 3 hours I can play” or “I need some gold for the stuff I really want to do”. There are many reasons why you want to complete a dungeon as fast as possible. Disliking dungeons is not one of them.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

Players you’ll find in GW2:

The newbie:New people, no money, no tomes. Help these guys out.
The casual:The mass majority of GW2. Give them tips when you can. Don’t be kitten troll to them.
The hardcore:The 1% that has all dungeon paths completed, legendaries completed, and numerous level 80 characters. The most knowledgeable when it comes to various questions.
The Elitist:The 0.5% of that 1% that insist you run a certain build, run with certain gear (zerk, celestial) and dps, dps, dps. Highly delusional when it comes to having fun in game (the 20k dps uptime delusion rages on) , hates certain classes (BB rangers, Necro) because “reasons” kicks you out of pugs because you aren’t zerk, kicks you because you aren’t a certain AP threshold (subjective) blames you when you’re still alive when they get instantly one shotted and all around the most toxic group in the community. Avoid at all costs.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

(edited by CodeHavoc.7926)

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Ashen.2907

For most players it’s either “how many dungeons can I finish during the 3 hours I can play” or “I need some gold for the stuff I really want to do”. There are many reasons why you want to complete a dungeon as fast as possible. Disliking dungeons is not one of them.

Also there is the improvement over personal best performance aspect. It can be very fun to see how fast you can do something. Fast is fun for some people.

People dont generally push themselves to improve upon their previous best time in the 50m because they hate running and are trying to get it over with.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Marthkus.4615

Oh? Why CAN’T I ban classes based on my LFG entry? Why are YOU entitled to come and ruin MY experience and the experience of others who want to play my way by not reading the LFG?

How dare people be intolerant of my intolerance! <- You

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

You’re not asking for tolerance by joining a speed run as a non-speed runner. You’re demanding to be accepted into that community without adhering to the rules of that community. They already tolerate your casual runs by not trying to get your type of party banned.

These threads always sounds like 2 kids fighting in the back of a car.

Just stay on your side or I swear to dwayna I’ll turn this kitten car around right now.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Harper.4173

The casual:The mass majority of GW2. Give them tips when you can. Don’t be kitten troll to them.
The hardcore:The 1% that has all dungeon paths completed, legendaries completed, and numerous level 80 characters. The most knowledgeable when it comes to various questions.
The Elitist:The 0.5% of that 1% that insist you run a certain build, run with certain gear (zerk, celestial) and dps, dps, dps. Highly delusional when it comes to having fun in game (the 20k dps uptime delusion rages on) , hates certain classes (BB rangers, Necro) because “reasons” kicks you out of pugs because you aren’t zerk, kicks you because you aren’t a certain AP threshold (subjective) blames you when you’re still alive when they get instantly one shotted and all around the most toxic group in the community. Avoid at all costs.

Your elitist is a caricatured portrait of “The farmer”. The farmer is a part of the hardcore – as you said.
Highly efficient he enjoys earning rewards to buy new skins with and does everything in his power to get as much loot as possible.
Seeks out other players who want the same thing and excludes players that don’t since he doesn’t have time to mess around and since wasting time ruins his game experience.
Kicks certain classes because experience has shown they’re most of the times a liability (BB rangers) and kicks non-zerkers because he’s there for the fast farm not to role play or watch dungeon cutscenes.
Kicks you for being low AP because it’s not a teaching run and higher AP has a better chance of finding an experienced player. Not full proof but better.

I do agree with you on the last part though – unless you are one avoid them at all costs since they’d like it better like that and you’d be doing everybody a huge favor.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Aberrant.6749

Your elitist is a caricatured portrait of “The farmer”. The farmer is a part of the hardcore – as you said.
Highly efficient he enjoys earning rewards to buy new skins with and does everything in his power to get as much loot as possible.
Seeks out other players who want the same thing and excludes players that don’t since he doesn’t have time to mess around and since wasting time ruins his game experience.
Kicks certain classes because experience has shown they’re most of the times a liability (BB rangers) and kicks non-zerkers because he’s there for the fast farm not to role play or watch dungeon cutscenes.
Kicks you for being low AP because it’s not a teaching run and higher AP has a better chance of finding an experienced player. Not full proof but better.

I do agree with you on the last part though – unless you are one avoid them at all costs since they’d like it better like that and you’d be doing everybody a huge favor.

Different people have fun by doing different things in a game. Nothing wrong with what any type of player does unless it’s being done to harass the other types of players. No one way of playing is inherently more fun or better. Attempting to besmirch the other styles of play isn’t at all productive.

Tarnished Coast

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Marthkus.4615

You’re not asking for tolerance by joining a speed run as a non-speed runner. You’re demanding to be accepted into that community without adhering to the rules of that community. They already tolerate your casual runs by not trying to get your type of party banned.

Just stay on your side or I swear to dwayna I’ll turn this kitten car around right now.

If you think certain classes can’t speed run then you not only lack understanding of game, you are being a terrible player for any community/meta/pug/guild/run.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Aberrant.6749

If you think certain classes can’t speed run then you not only lack understanding of game, you are being a terrible player for any community/meta/pug/guild/run.

So you’re still just refusing to adhere to the rules of whatever community, k. It’s unreasonable for you to think a community like that would accept you. If you don’t want to be accepted by that community, then there is no problem. It’s only when a person that doesn’t adhere to the rules of a community demands to be accepted into that community that there are problems.

Telling other people how they wish to play together is bad doesn’t do anything productive. Let people play how they wish as long as they are not trolling or harassing.

Tarnished Coast

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

Different people have fun by doing different things in a game. Nothing wrong with what any type of player does unless it’s being done to harass the other types of players. No one way of playing is inherently more fun or better. Attempting to besmirch the other styles of play isn’t at all productive.

+1
I’m not going to solo change the way people play whether it be fun or hardcore, as long as you don’t condemn other players and step on the toes of the ones you don’t agree with.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

(edited by CodeHavoc.7926)

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Harper.4173

I am not doing anything of the sort. I am The Farmer type of player. I was explaining how they work.
It is under no way shape or form an offensively oriented post. I enjoy that type of play.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Aberrant.6749

I am not doing anything of the sort. I am The Farmer type of player. I was explaining how they work.
It is under no way shape or form an offensively oriented post. I enjoy that type of play.

The comment you quoted with was. “Highly delusional when it comes to having fun in game” Basically saying that how other people play can’t be fun for anyone else because it’s not fun for them.

This whole thread is like some one calling some one else names because they like chocolate ice cream and not strawberry…

Tarnished Coast

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

D/D is a terrible weapon set for dungeons. There are tons of players in this game who will run dungeons with any build/gear set up. Join their parties and don’t join the zerker parties. As usual this is a non-issue being turned into an issue because people want to be able to play how they want but they also want to punish other people for doing so.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

And newbs who don’t know what the shorthand means, join, get kicked and don’t know why and become dissatisfied joining/forming parties.

Pax’s LFG abbreviation list is much appreciated but until players learn this through absorption and players of one faction don’t invade another’s group because they are tired of waiting for a proper party to form for their playstyle these threads will pop up every month and I think it’ll get even worse when the expansion comes out with requirements of playing the content in the beta being a requirement.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Harper.4173

And newbs who don’t know what the shorthand means, join, get kicked and don’t know why and become dissatisfied joining/forming parties.

Pax’s LFG abbreviation list is much appreciated but until players learn this through absorption and players of one faction don’t invade another’s group because they are tired of waiting for a proper party to form for their playstyle these threads will pop up every month and I think it’ll get even worse when the expansion comes out with requirements of playing the content in the beta being a requirement.

I can’t wait for the “ping/show preorder item or kick” days. Much fun will be had.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

How many here who complain about non-meta, non-zerk players joining there groups simply assume everyone is running the meta/zerk and don’t even bother putting that fact in their LFG comment?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: DakotaCoty.5721

DakotaCoty.5721

It’s really simple.

Posting for meta / zerk / speed <- join as the following criteria
^ If meta player insult → report, they are wrong for doing so.
^ If you get kicked for not being the meta, as advertised, and then YOU decide to insult them, and then tell everyone on the forums that meta players are the toxic people, then you’re what’s wrong with LFG.

Posting for “exp”
^ Join, no problem.

[CG {EU} – Leader] Leading farm guild~193 cRanger~
https://www.twitch.tv/dakotacoty
https://www.facebook.com/RealDakotaCoty/

Stupid meta bullies ppl

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I ran speedruns. I ran Zerk (Meta), I ran Casual, I ran Open, I ran teaching runs.

Now I run l80 EXP cause I know I play how I need to play. I know others know how they should play, I do not care if 1 person needs to learn and accept them reluctantly, but IMHO it’s better have taught the right way, then leaving ‘m ignorant. I am used to parties averaging 5-20k AP per player. I do not ask if they have (fill in the gap) gear, I do not care if they use condition builds. I care only about 1 thing: ppl should know what they are doing , It’s also the reason I can’t worry about 1 person not knowing what to do. I’ll confront them and show them their mistakes. I’ll tell ’m what was unwise, bad, dumb or otherwise not ok, in a relaxed constructive matter. I finish a run with “Thank You” 99% of the times.

If I do not, it’s my way of saying: I REALLY HATE THE NERVE OF YOU *&^)^JOINING MY EXPERIENCED PARTY AND SCREWING US OVER UNTOLD TIMES WITH YOUR NOOB ^(% PLAYING STYLE.

Legendaries and ascneded gear do not change the fact I can be really ANNOYED BY IDIOTS THINKING THEY CAN LEACH EVERYTHING. But I rarely kick people. In fact I did so 2 times. I did a L 39 fractal with a guy who died each agony phase, who didn’t have any appropriate gear and was insisting he knew all. The party aided and ressed and we brought him to the 4th fractal, which was jade maw and we kicked him in the downtime before the dungeon bonus. He ran a horrid build didn’t support, died so often we didn’t bother to ress, effectively turning us into a 4 man party, and we had to block him due to his infernal cursing after the run ended and our kick was complete.

Second was a run with a guy not entering COF p1, he entered the dungeon while we opened the final door using the ranger “pet” door opener tactic and when we moved to the effigy he ran in saying sorry, i didn’t have the time to join untill now and we kicked him as well at the boss when the boss was below 5%…..

Both happened a reasonable time ago. Gear never mattered, it was just the fact I hate to carry people not being honest or not carrying their weight in their party.

Oh and just for the OP: (SPEEDRUN/META REQ.’s)

Night Dungeon sigils (night * slaying) and utility (powerfull slaying potion):
pref 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.1 * dmg in dungeons (33.1% added dmg on all hits)
(alt 1.05 * 1.1 * 1.1 * dmg in dungeons (27.0%) (replacing the slaying sigil with force))
Day dungeon sigils (day * slaying) and utility (powerfull slaying potion):
1.05 * 1.1 * 1.1 * dmg in dungeons (27,0% added dmg on all hits)

preferably with :
runes of the scholar 46.1% added night, 39.7% added day (or alt night)
else with
runes of strength 39.7 added night, 33.4% added day (or alt night)

Other less wanted alternatives: runes of the pack/ogre/eagle/ranger(/ruby orbs)

46.1% * 5 ppl is effectively having 2.3 ppl worth of added dps just by using food & sigils and effective use of reflects/dodges/blocks/blinds/aegis

This added to

• perfect stacks 25 might (600 power/600 condi dmg) (ele/warrior/raner/necro/guard),
  • perma fury ( + 20 % crit chance) (warrior),
  • banners ( + 170 power, + 170 condition dmg, + 170 precision, + 170 ferocity ) (warrior),
  • empower allies ( + 150 power)(warrior),
  • spotter( + 150 precision) (ranger)
  • quickness( 1.5 times faster recharge/faster execution of skills)(guardian/mesmer),
  • + 25% DPS AND DOT dmg from vulnerabilty (all classes)
  • reflects (removing all dmg and sending it back) (guardian/mesmer)
  • good dodging and invulnerability management so this bonus can be maintained (ele, necro, guard, thief, (warrior),engineer)

WILL create a HUGE DPS BOOST, FAR EXCEEEDING the base 46.1 % added damage p.p.

I do not consider myself elitist, I try to see myself as a team player, I help guildies and pugs do dungeons if they want to, but I do expecty their LFG’s to be accurate. It’s my choice to join and open dungeon or a l80 and deal with it , and it’s my choice to join a Speedrun. In both cases I hope to find what I expect (roughly).

I run alts as well. In l80 EXP with hybrid builds, or support builds. I sometimes get asked to run support. I like those runs, they are often more difficult due to having to cope with a group which (seemingly) NEEDS support and thus resulting in a run where I’m trying to maximize my DPS while keeping ppl alive

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Marthkus.4615

This thread was all the proof I needed to agree with OP. Not only are many people here toxic, but they also do not read , construct strawmen, replace random words of the argument they are responding too (Wtf is up with people replacing ‘class’ with ‘build’ and vice versa? Those are very different things)

I can say putting “no rangers” in LFG is toxic and be interpreted as saying “don’t ask for zerker only you racist”.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Ashen.2907

I can say putting “no rangers” in LFG is toxic

And one can say that it is toxic to call others toxic for choosing to play as they see fit with others of similar taste.

“No rangers,” is not the same as, “no players who have ever played a ranger.” So even someone who is currently playing a ranger has the option to join a, “no ranger,” group by switching characters. The player of the ranger might very well choose to exclude himself from such a group, but the group is not excluding him.

(edited by Ashen.2907)

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Although I run Zerker (not pure, mind you. More like 90% Zerker), I find it offensive that players are kicking others for not having the same or ‘correct’ build.

That type of thinking (and its toxic community) is what made me leave League. I hate the “there is only one build, and you suck if you don’t use it” mentality, it’s not right, it’s not healthy, and it isn’t appealing to newer players. I love Guild Wars 2 because I can have my playstyle and succeed in it (for the most part)!

I hope you come across more players that don’t carry the ‘all or nothing’ build mentality because bullying is not cool.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Marthkus.4615

I can say putting “no rangers” in LFG is toxic

And one can say that it is toxic to call others toxic for choosing to play as they see fit with others of similar taste.

Telling other people there CLASS choice was wrong is toxic. It’s both unfair and shows an incorrect understanding of the game.

And I say that with a full Zoja’s meta warrior as my PvE main.