Stupid meta bullies ppl

Stupid meta bullies ppl

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I can say putting “no rangers” in LFG is toxic

And one can say that it is toxic to call others toxic for choosing to play as they see fit with others of similar taste.

Telling other people there CLASS choice was wrong is toxic. It’s both unfair and shows an incorrect understanding of the game.

And I say that with a full Zoja’s meta warrior as my PvE main.

There is nothing unfair about expressing a preference to exclude a given class from a given group based on the expectations of that group. After all any player can create any class. The player is not being excluded (except perhaps by his own choice) the character is.

The phrase," no rangers," in an LFG is not the same as, “your class is wrong.” It merely states that rangers are not welcome in that particular group at that particular time.

And I say that as a Ranger main.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

This thread was all the proof I needed to agree with OP. Not only are many people here toxic, but they also do not read , construct strawmen, replace random words of the argument they are responding too (Wtf is up with people replacing ‘class’ with ‘build’ and vice versa? Those are very different things)

I can say putting “no rangers” in LFG is toxic and be interpreted as saying “don’t ask for zerker only you racist”.

I read this thread and laughed a lot. At the same time, some people should read what they write and try to comprehend it before they press the “reply” button.

Especially you. You’re “joining gear ping groups just to block them”? What kind of person are you that you get that kittened off over people who want to have fun THEIR WAY in an online game? Why do you give a kitten that people want to go through dungeons in a certain way? Your way of playing and their way of playing clashes, so avoid them, it’s super easy. If you think you’re doing “justice” here with going around, kittening off people, then you’re so very, very wrong. What YOU are is being toxic, trying to waste thir time and annoying them. There is nothing wrong with someone not wanting, say, necromancers (And I’m a necromancer main and one of those filthy zerkers) as long as they state it in their lfg. Why? Because as it’s standing, necromancers bring nothing useful to the table and that is important to everyone who cares about efficiency. You do not, so that’s fine. Others however do, so let them do their thing.
Whenever I played my necromancer, I never had any issues with lfgs, I joined groups that were appropriate and if there wasn’t one, I created my own. Got pugs in, generally no one complained.
Oh and before you accuse me of excluding players; I let anyone join my groups and I explain things thoroughly to people if necessary. People who get kicked either fail to communicate if necessary (i.e. listening to strategies, not listening to simple, kindly asked things…), are kittens, genuinely exploiting or something else along those lines. Never have I kicked someone because of their class/gear/inexperience alone.

Anyway, some of you should calm down and remember that this is an online game where everyone can have in a way they want, but naturally different persons get their fun in different ways, so get together with those who have fun the same way you do while just ignoring those who aren’t “compatible” with your way of having fun. It’s that easy. Really.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

It should be obvious that I join/block/leave to assure I interact as little as possible with those people.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Ashen.2907

It should be obvious that I join/block/leave to assure I interact as little as possible with those people.

You purposefully interfere with others’ attempts to form their groups, something that impacts you not at all since they are not actively messaging you to join.

You are actively choosing to interact with them (joining their groups) in order to avoid interacting with them despite the fact that they are actively attempting to avoid interacting with you (by advertising the nature of the group so that you know to not join).

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Marthkus.4615

You purposefully interfere with others’ attempts to form their groups, something that impacts you not at all since they are not actively messaging you to join.

You are actively choosing to interact with them (joining their groups) in order to avoid interacting with them despite the fact that they are actively attempting to avoid interacting with you (by advertising the nature of the group so that you know to not join).

I do not wish to ever interact them. In any aspect of the game. In any group. ever. Gear pings, no x class, “no scrubs”, and other such nonsense come from people I wish to not interact with. That sort of “fun” does not mark one a pleasant person.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Except you can screenshot the names and type it manually into the block window and have absolutely NO interaction.

Admit it you join to take down the lfg when you and make them get the bug.

ADMIT IT

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Stupid meta bullies ppl

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I do not wish to ever interact them. In any aspect of the game. In any group. ever. Gear pings, no x class, “no scrubs”, and other such nonsense come from people I wish to not interact with. That sort of “fun” does not mark one a pleasant person.

Then why do you join them in the first place? That counts as interaction. If you don’t join them, you have no interaction with them.
By the way, blocking people doesn’t prevent them from joining your groups, just fyi.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I’d say that that is a blatant abuse of the lfg system. I’d be careful about advertising my rule breaking activities on the official forums if I were you. It could also be seen as harassment and in my opinion is worse than anything to do with refusing to run with non-zerkers.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Pls his behaviour is practically supported

Every-time a thread like this pops up people come out of the woodwork happily trading tales of when they trolled berserker groups. Nothing happens. = Approved and silently encouraged

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Ashen.2907

So you are actively seeking to interact with them in game in order to interfere with their attempts to play in a manner that does not impact you.

That, “does not mark one a pleasant person.”

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Marthkus.4615

Except you can screenshot the names and type it manually into the block window and have absolutely NO interaction.

ADMIT IT

Actually I only go for those alone in que so I know which one put that LFG. It doesn’t take down their group and I am gone in 4 clicks.
Far littler interaction for me than staring at their name.

(edited by Marthkus.4615)

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

Just from your tone it seems like you are not a pleasant person yourself, doing these groups a favor it sounds like since i would not want to play with your negative attitude

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Marthkus.4615

Just from your tone it seems like you are not a pleasant person yourself, doing these groups a favor it sounds like since i would not want to play with your negative attitude

I’m glad you see the mutual benefit.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

NovaanVerdiano.6174

ADMIT IT

Actually I only go for those alone in que so I know which one put that LFG. It doesn’t take down their group and I am gone in 4 clicks.
For littler interaction for me than staring at their name.

Actually, people who end up being alone in a group end up with their lfg taken down because the group counts as disbanded.
Could just well write down the names.
Stop trying to justify this, you can’t. lol

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Anet just need to finally wake up and add a random queue system.

It’s 2015, for goodness sake…

Then, people will get what they get and if they don’t like that, they can make/join guilds with likeminded people and run their pedantic, uptight hearts out with them.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Stupid meta bullies ppl

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Then, people will get what they get and if they don’t like that, they can make/join guilds with likeminded people and run their pedantic, uptight hearts out with them.

…and open the flood gates for people trolling, griefing, afking?

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Tigaseye.2047

Like people don’t grief and troll now?

Anything is better than what we have now, frankly.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Stupid meta bullies ppl

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I prefer being able to choose what people to play with and being able to kick those who don’t want to play as a group, replacing this with a purely random system would be horrible.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Marthkus.4615

ADMIT IT

For littler interaction for me than staring at their name.

Actually, people who end up being alone in a group end up with their lfg taken down because the group counts as disbanded.
Could just well write down the names.
Stop trying to justify this, you can’t. lol

Ah, I did not know that.
Yet I feel not the slightest bit guilty.

Hmmmm I’ll think on this.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Marthkus.4615

I prefer being able to choose what people to play with and being able to kick those who don’t want to play as a group, replacing this with a purely random system would be horrible.

Have you seen LoL team builder?

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Maybe time for Anet to put some extreme solutions in place as to “alter” people’s mindset when it comes to dungeons:

If a party member is kicked from a dungeon, that spot cannot be filled. This means, no more booting people in favor of your play style (figure that out before you enter). No more booting people in favor of your friends, and no more booting people to sell a dungeon spot (sorry figure out another way to make gold other than being an kitten.

Furthermore, if you vote yes to have a party member kicked (whether or not they are actually kicked); if you leave the dungeon prior to it’s completion, you have a 48hr ban on entering dungeons that’s account wide.

Is there potential for some major griefing? Big time, but that comes with the territory and something players brought on themselves by being elitists. Either that, form your party before you enter with trusted friends or join with randoms and change your play style to not be selfish kitten .

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I think the suggestion was for adding to and not replacing the current system. One of the causes is because players get impatient after waiting a ridiculously short amount of time and join whatever team is open. If we had a “don’t care get me on any team” button then those pugs can get on the way and while they can grouse that their teammates don’t know what the heck they are doing they can’t complain about the unfairness of it cause they know what they could get using such a team matching system.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Stupid meta bullies ppl

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I think the suggestion was for adding to and not replacing the current system. One of the causes is because players get impatient after waiting a ridiculously short amount of time and join whatever team is open. If we had a “don’t care get me on any team” button then those pugs can get on the way and while they can grouse that their teammates don’t know what the heck they are doing they can’t complain about the unfairness of it cause they know what they could get using such a team matching system.

If it’s an addition, I wouldn’t mind. Not as a replacement, though.

@Marthkus: No I did not as I do not care for LoL or any Moba in the slightest. Oh and I certainly didn’t expect you feel “guilty” in the slightest, taking your posts into account.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Marthkus.4615

@Marthkus: No I did not as I do not care for LoL or any Moba in the slightest.

Well I would look into it because that is a way to pug fairly organised groups. IMO: It takes forever, but so would a 20K+ AP exp/zerk/80/eternity wielding/1war3guard1mes LFG for AC.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Tigaseye.2047

Your elitist is a caricatured portrait of “The farmer”. The farmer is a part of the hardcore – as you said.
Highly efficient he enjoys earning rewards to buy new skins with and does everything in his power to get as much loot as possible.
Seeks out other players who want the same thing and excludes players that don’t since he doesn’t have time to mess around and since wasting time ruins his game experience.
Kicks certain classes because experience has shown they’re most of the times a liability (BB rangers) and kicks non-zerkers because he’s there for the fast farm not to role play or watch dungeon cutscenes.
Kicks you for being low AP because it’s not a teaching run and higher AP has a better chance of finding an experienced player. Not full proof but better.

This is exactly the type of player that Anet shouldn’t cater to.

Not only do they ruin the game for any other type of player that, probably normally accidentally, crosses their path; but they also make Anet next-to-no money, as they “earn” gold too fast to to ever need to buy gems.

Making Anet no money directly might be OK, if they made the other players they interacted with happier and more likely to stick with the game (and open their wallets); but when, in actual fact, the reverse is true…

So, thinking like a business person here, this is the type of player I would refuse to support, if I were them.

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Marthkus.4615

So, thinking like a business person here, this is the type of player I would refuse to support, if I were them.

That’s the sort of person that would slander your company with a passion. I think it would be better to try to mitigate their damages. Do things like:
1. not touch the content they farm for years at a time.
2. Slowly degrade glass defenses, improve AI, nerf damage.
3. Make sure most of the new content has lots of AOE damage and requires large groups to get max rewards.
4. Create ridiculous gold sinks for marginal benefits that you know the farmers will feel they must have.
5. Add ways to gamble all your wealth away.
6. Create a particular instance run that causes all crits you deal to hurt you.
7. Announce how new content will make tanking and healing useful but not absolutely needed.

Or another way to say all that: “Do exactly what ANET has been doing”.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Dinks.2478

Your elitist is a caricatured portrait of “The farmer”. The farmer is a part of the hardcore – as you said.
Highly efficient he enjoys earning rewards to buy new skins with and does everything in his power to get as much loot as possible.
Seeks out other players who want the same thing and excludes players that don’t since he doesn’t have time to mess around and since wasting time ruins his game experience.
Kicks certain classes because experience has shown they’re most of the times a liability (BB rangers) and kicks non-zerkers because he’s there for the fast farm not to role play or watch dungeon cutscenes.
Kicks you for being low AP because it’s not a teaching run and higher AP has a better chance of finding an experienced player. Not full proof but better.

Not only do they ruin the game for any other type of player that, probably normally accidentally, crosses their path; but they also make Anet next-to-no money, as they “earn” gold too fast to to ever need to buy gems.

Making Anet no money directly might be OK, if they made the other players they interacted with happier and more likely to stick with the game (and open their wallets); but when, in actual fact, the reverse is true…

So you can play how you want but zerkers can’t? This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve read on here in weeks and I read the earlier argument in here that not inviting certain classes is the same thing as racism.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Marthkus.4615

So you can play how you want but zerkers can’t? This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve read on here in weeks and I read the earlier argument in here that not inviting certain classes is the same thing as racism.

Weird… He didn’t say zerkers couldn’t play the way they wanted. And some people here are complaining about a lack of reading LFGs.

EDIT: Also odd saying " no x-class" is considered the same as just merely not inviting them. Not making everyone who reads the lfg as that class feel excluded…

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Speed runners do make other players happy, mainly others who wish to go through dungeons efficiently. Casuals also make other players happy, mainly other casuals.

Casuals are not all hugs and sunshine, speed runners aren’t all mean jerks who are destroying the game (and vice versa).

Neither side harms the other unless one tries to force themselves into the other side and demand that they be allowed and that everyone else in the party play in their style. It’s just as bad when a speedster goes in a casual group and does this as it is when a casual goes into a speed group and does this.

Your claim that casuals spend more is just as dubious as if I were to claim that casuals can play slower thus they obviously have more free time to go and do dungeons, and thus gain more gold overall, just at a slower rate (which I’m not claiming just to be clear).

Some people do speed runs because they don’t have a lot of time to play. These types of players are probably not earning too much gold, and may well have excess income due to their other activities.

I do both speed and casual runs. I’ll do speed runs when I don’t have a lot of time. I’ll do casual runs if I feel like I’m in the mood for helping out casual/inexperienced players or I have an abundance of time.

Being self righteous about your playstyle doesn’t make sense. Whatever your way of playing the game, it’s not inherently is better than how others choose to play. Just different things different people enjoy doing differently.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Tigaseye.2047

That’s the sort of person that would slander your company with a passion. I think it would be better to try to mitigate their damages. Do things like:
1. not touch the content they farm for years at a time.
2. Slowly degrade glass defenses, improve AI, nerf damage.
3. Make sure most of the new content has lots of AOE damage and requires large groups to get max rewards.
4. Create ridiculous gold sinks for marginal benefits that you know the farmers will feel they must have.
5. Add ways to gamble all your wealth away.
6. Create a particular instance run that causes all crits you deal to hurt you.
7. Announce how new content will make tanking and healing useful but not absolutely needed.

Or another way to say all that: “Do exactly what ANET has been doing”.

I don’t disagree with any of these ideas, but I just don’t think they are enough to stop people acting like jerks.

This is why I think a random queuing system is necessary.

Because, ATM, the system favours people with a lot of expectations and specific demands.

Yes, I know anyone can, in theory, make their own no demands group, but as we also know, newer and/or shyer players are less likely to do that.

So, it just makes it a heaven for the people with the very specific demands and the bad attitudes, as there is often little choice, meaning people either try to conform, or just don’t bother running in random groups, at all.

Whereas, with a queuing system, the norm is “anything goes” (no one has to go out on a limb and ask for it) and if you have very specific demands, or don’t want to “carry” people, you make/join an appropriate guild with like-minded people.

That is how it should be (and is, in a game like WoW, for example), as facilitating people who ruin your game for others is not wise.

As for slander:

I think people are fairly jaded, these days, when it comes to people “slandering” companies (especially games companies).

It has to ring true for anyone to really care and the person doing it has to seem reliable, fair and honest and to not just have an unfair, or selfish, grudge.

So, I wouldn’t let that stop me, if I were them.

Their whole business model relies on (at least some) people buying gems with real money and if there are people who not only don’t do that, but also make it more likely that other people won’t do it, either, they need to be, if not actually stopped, at least slowed right down.

…and certainly not pandered to.

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Start your own group, put the tagline “anyone welcome” the only people who will now join your group are those who genuinely do not care, because anyone who does care will see that tag and think “oh, i won’t join that group, probably some beginners/newbs in that group”.

It’s not “elitism” it’s the fact that most people playing this game have run these dungeons over and over again for hundreds of days, they’re sick to death of them, but they’re a good form of income, so naturally they just want to get them over and done with as quick as they possibly can.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Behellagh.1468

Start your own group, put the tagline “anyone welcome” the only people who will now join your group are those who genuinely do not care, because anyone who does care will see that tag and think “oh, i won’t join that group, probably some beginners/newbs in that group”.

It’s not “elitism” it’s the fact that most people playing this game have run these dungeons over and over again for hundreds of days, they’re sick to death of them, but they’re a good form of income, so naturally they just want to get them over and done with as quick as they possibly can.

Yet have have gotten, in the past before the change, two zerkers who joined and then booted me and anyone else who at joined before them with that exact comment in my LFG. Now you need three of course but that doesn’t preclude them from dropping out during the first boss leaving the rest of the team high and dry.

RIP City of Heroes

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Dinks.2478

Yet have have gotten, in the past before the change, two zerkers who joined and then booted me and anyone else who at joined before them with that exact comment in my LFG. Now you need three of course but that doesn’t preclude them from dropping out during the first boss leaving the rest of the team high and dry.

I could say the same about kitten non-zerkers who join speedclear parties to troll. There are kittens everywhere, it doesn’t change the solution.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Behellagh.1468

While experienced players get annoyed and frustrated, new players get discouraged or outright turned off of dungeons because so few are willing to accept them in a pug. They would love someone to show them the ropes and be patient with them.

But there are those who believe and are quite vocal about it here that ONLY players spec a certain way, of certain classes who have memorized what to do from YouTube videos should be allowed to join their “Pick Up Group”. Pugs have traditionally a crap shoot yet there are players who assume that everyone is on the same page here simply by being at the dungeon. Find players of like mind, add them to your friends list or form a dungeon run guild (which is what most guilds are anyways) and stop being disappointed by who you pick up at the entrance.

I’m sure that except for a few, most have no idea that they are violating your, sometimes ridiculous, requirements.

RIP City of Heroes

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

On a side note, this is a huge reason I solo pretty much everything. Who needs this mess?

Gone to Reddit.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Behellagh.1468

“Efficiently” is just a pleasant way to “not stupidly” according to farmers. Not everyone measures enjoyment in gold/runs per hour.

Nobody is suggesting everyone must take everyone but if you aren’t specific about your LFG then don’t get ticked at who joins. If you get kicked because you couldn’t bother to read or be bothered to learn how to decipher the LFG comment that’s on you. If you kick someone whisper to them why so they understand what they did wrong and be polite. Don’t attempt to take over someone else’s group.

This should be obvious to players yet we have people who actively stated that players shouldn’t run dungeons if they aren’t following the meta exactly. That they are stupid if they don’t. That they shouldn’t even bother trying to form a group because no one will join them.

We also have those who believe pugs have always been random so learn to live with the chaos of a less than efficient run rather than telling everyone who doesn’t fit your ideal to take a hike. So you have a lot of players upset that nobody is letting them join a team. They don’t want to form a team because usually that means that they are the leader and some would rather follow an experienced person.

So if everyone can take a step back, take a deep breath and remember that not everyone is simply wants to run a dungeon.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

You’ll always have stupid people, meta or not. If you don’t like playing efficiently, create your own group. If you want something specific, don’t join a random group and ask them to be what they are not. I thought that was common sense.

“Efficiently” is just a pleasant way to “the right way” according to farmers. Not everyone measures enjoyment in gold/runs per hour.

Wich is exactly what I’m saying. If you don’t enjoy maximizing your speed completion, gold per hour, or whatever, you’re not playing for efficiency. And if you don’t, then you don’t want to play with those “farmers”. Also, people don’t necessarily play berserker support builds only for the g/hr. I play it because it’s more useful for my group.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Ashen.2907

Not everyone measures enjoyment in gold/runs per hour.

Exactly so.

And those who don’t should probably not join groups of people who do.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Behellagh.1468

Then be clear in your LFG comment. Also if it take 50 minutes to run inefficiently when it takes 30 to run efficiently then spending more than 20 minutes vetting players is silly. It’s like cruising the parking lot for a close spot for your health club because the extra 50 yards to walk is so tiring.

RIP City of Heroes

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Ashen.2907

Then be clear in your LFG comment. Also if it take 50 minutes to run inefficiently when it takes 30 to run efficiently then spending more than 20 minutes vetting players is silly. It’s like cruising the parking lot for a close spot for your health club.

It is “silly” to play in a manner that is fun for you ?

That seems contrary to the whole concept of playing a game to me. I would counter that saving time by not putting in the effort to vet your team, if having an efficient team run is what you find fun, would be silly. “Yay I saved time but hated the experience as a result.”

That said, yes LFG descriptions should be specific if you want specific responses.

(edited by Ashen.2907)

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Marthkus.4615

Then be clear in your LFG comment. Also if it take 50 minutes to run inefficiently when it takes 30 to run efficiently then spending more than 20 minutes vetting players is silly. It’s like cruising the parking lot for a close spot for your health club because the extra 50 yards to walk is so tiring.

Well too be fair. Arah path 4 takes like 1.5 hours in a good but non meta group. 40 minutes for a meta group, or well over 4 hours cycling through various people as attempts to “speed run” fail.

That leaves A LOT of time for vetting before negative returns.

EDIT: Interesting to see that some people are willing to admit that they are willing to take LONGER to finish a dungeon as long as they can exclude players.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Then, people will get what they get and if they don’t like that, they can make/join guilds with likeminded people and run their pedantic, uptight hearts out with them

That other game’s random assignment LFG works because most elitists don’t run the normal dungeons. They’re doing the heroics. The hard/normal delineation separates the number crunchers from the rest of the herd. That’s unless you’re talking about leveling dungeons, in which case the issue is that while GW2 does have leveling dungeons, they’re also endgame dungeons, which is not true elsegame.

At the end of the day, the relaxed and the restricted demographics have the same opportunities and the same problems. Both can make their own groups with the requirements or lack thereof they prefer. Both (at least by reports) get joined by members of the other demographic. Neither wants to play with the other (seemingly, anyway). Both also have the opportunity to friend or guild with the like-minded. Making groups via guild/friends restores control, but lacks convenience. So which is more important to you?

For social reasons, I would prefer a system that did not offer an LFG at all. However, I recognize that LFG is convenient and people don’t want to give it up. That said, if there is going to be an LFG convenience tool, then no one group should own it. When you use the LFG, you’re trading control for convenience. That’s the nature of the tool. Fwiw, there’s no control in random assignment, either. Unless there’s no kicking, you’d have the same problems. Unfortunately, lots of players seem to want both convenience and control.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Behellagh.1468

Then be clear in your LFG comment. Also if it take 50 minutes to run inefficiently when it takes 30 to run efficiently then spending more than 20 minutes vetting players is silly. It’s like cruising the parking lot for a close spot for your health club.

It is “silly” to play in a manner that is fun for you ?

That seems contrary to the whole concept of playing a game to me. I would counter that saving time by not putting in the effort to vet your team, if having an efficient team run is what you find fun, would be silly. “Yay I saved time but hated the experience as a result.”

That said, yes LFG descriptions should be specific if you want specific responses.

My point being that it’s often said that efficiency so more paths can be done in the same amount of time. If time is so important then why spend so much time getting the perfect “group” because I wager that at least one will leave after that path is done meaning you have to vet again with the delay possibly causing other teammates to leave.

As for hating the experience I would hate the mundane ridged running of path. No time to look around. So ridged that a single mistake means failure. It’s too fragile of a play style. If the devs ever randomize the location and composition of mobs and boss AI all you “efficient” players would be howling because skill and flexibility would be required rather than following steps by rote.

RIP City of Heroes

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Well too be fair. Arah path 4 takes like 1.5 hours in a good but non meta group. 40 minutes for a meta group, or well over 4 hours cycling through various people as attempts to “speed run” fail.

EDIT: Interesting to see that some people are willing to admit that they are willing to take LONGER to finish a dungeon as long as they can exclude players.

If I’m not already, please add me to your block list.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Ashen.2907

My point being that it’s often said that efficiency so more paths can be done in the same amount of time.

I’ve also seen it written that part of what is enjoyed is that sense of flawless play. I would hope that if the only goal was to increase the number of runs, where efficiency does not contribute to the fun factor, that could be managed the vetting would be done to produce a group for multiple runs.

As for hating the experience I would hate the mundane ridged running of path. No time to look around. So ridged that a single mistake means failure. It’s too fragile of a play style. If the devs ever randomize the location and composition of mobs and boss AI all you “efficient” players would be howling because skill and flexibility would be required rather than following steps by rote.

First, as a point of clarification, I am not an efficient player. I am pretty much the definition of casual in GW2. There is not sufficient return for me to be willing to spend the time and effort to become an efficient player in GW2. There is nothing to that I would buy with the gold.

That said, nothing is fun for everyone. The fact that you, and plenty of others, would hate the experience is to be expected. No one is suggesting that you have to like it.

I tend to disagree with your assessment of what would happen if the game were adjusted as you describe. The hardcore efficiency players, I believe, are the ones who would figure it out and adapt soonest. The people who would suffer the most in the situation you describe are casuals who do not study the game and who might very well even find current content to be difficult let alone what you describe.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

There is such a huge gap between the “evil meta” people and the “play how i want” crowd. Luckily our guild runs are generally fast and smooth, but i had a lot of opportunity to play with people from both ends of this spectrum.

PvE is about beating encounters. There are two ways to measure how well you are doing. The first is obviously if you can actually beat the encounter. In a game where you get to respawn/repair armor endlessly, this is not exactly a good indicator. You will succeed eventually.
The second indicator of how well you are doing is how quickly you are beating the encounters. The speed is determined by knowledge of the combat system, the tells of the boss, the use of your utilities at the right time, but i count also “support” in here since cleansing those 20 stacks of bleeding off of your party means they can do their stuff without having to worry about bleeding out.

I understand that people like certain play styles and usually a group can carry one, two, sometimes three “play how i want” players. But generally the actually good players don’t mind because they might just not even feel a difference whether you are there or not (you are probably slowing them down). So you are not putting the blame where it belongs.

I have played a lot of d/d ele in both wvw and pvp and it is fun, but i would feel a serious lack of important tools as a d/d in dungeons. Same with mesmer or guardian, whatever works in pvp/wvw is usually not good in dungeons.

If you want to see how a dungeon can be, check some of the youtube videos. See for yourself how bosses can melt and then compare to your style. I’m sure you will find that there is something beautiful and satisfying in running a dungeon as flawlessly as possible (no deaths, no wipes, no unnecessarily long fights).

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Marthkus.4615

If I’m not already, please add me to your block list.

Happy to oblige.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Marthkus.4615

I understand that people like certain play styles and usually a group can carry one, two, sometimes three “play how i want” players. But generally the actually good players don’t mind because they might just not even feel a difference whether you are there or not (you are probably slowing them down). So you are not putting the blame where it belongs.

There seems to be an odd assumption that those critical of elitism are running non-meta builds or jumping into zerker pugs with nomads gear.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Taurondir.7698

Taurondir.7698

In the old days of PnP games with a live GM, you would never run the same adventure module twice with the same players.
I should not have to explain the reason why, because it’s glaring obvious.

We are made to run the exact same Dungeon hundreds of times in a computer MMO because there is (apparently) no easy way for ANet to make them more dynamic, which is in fact what should be happening. This would also then get people screaming because their easy “money making runs” are now more involved.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’d like more surprises in my Dungeons. Once the whole thing boils down to knowing where to stand, what order to press everything and what target order to burn things, why are people surprised we want to get it over and done as fast as possible with Zerg builds?

When I go on site to fix computers, I never know exactly what to expect, which means I have to bring a spread of tools and equipment. We are given a large set of tools, and then we find out we just needed one screwdriver. Every. Single. Time. This happens because we are always given the EXACT same problem, in EXACTLY the same Dungeons.

I think we need to address that first before we point fingers at all the people bringing screwdrivers.

Stupid meta bullies ppl

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

And this topic is why I never bother running dungeons in GW2. I love running instances/dungeons in other mmorpgs. Dungeons ain’t even timed compared to other MMO where time ranking might determine loots. Yet people make it all competitive that extra few minutes to getting their gold. The design is forgiving, unfortunately GW2 players make playing it unforgiving with certain mindsets.